MEMORIES OF MURDER R1 Release Info

Betamax and beyond

MEMORIES OF MURDER R1 Release Info

Postby Moriarty on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:30 am

Great new release announced from Palm Pictures:

MEMORIES OF MURDER

Filmed on locations throughout the Korean countryside, MEMORIES OF MURDER takes place in 1986 in the Gyunggi Province, where the body of a young woman is found brutally raped and murdered. Two months later, a series of rapes and murders commences under similar circumstances and the local police set up a task force in the area in response to catch the killer. This is a story about the detectives, local detective Park Doo-Man (played by Song Kang-Ho) and the visiting city detective, Seo Tae-Yoon (played by Kim Sang-Kyung),who employ their separate strategies to find the murderer. Park uses his instincts and fists to challenge every small-time crook in the area, while Seo, because of his peculiar personality ticks, pores over the evidence, although not even a single hair is ever found on the scene. At this time, there was no profiling mechanisms, or any idea of preserving the crime scene for forensic investigation. The two detectives only had a "search and interrogation" method based on their own sense of duty and persistence. The two detectives must mesh the ways of new and old to try to solve a mystery in a time when people were unable to comprehend the unbelievable acts before them.

MEMORIES OF MURDER will be available on August 9th, 2005 on DVD for a suggested retail price of $24.98 The order-cut of date is July 6, 2005. The DVD is in Korean with English subtitles and a total running time of 132 minutes. Special features include:

* Optional Original Korean audio track
* Cast & crew interviews
* Deleted scenes
* Previews
* Weblinks
* English subtitles
* 5.1 surround and 2.0 stereo
Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Memories

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:48 am

Every review I've read of this so far has been positive
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Add me to the list.

Postby theremin on Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:12 pm

of positive reviews.

I liked this movie a lot.
theremin
GLIB

Cool flick!

Postby kikuchiyo on Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:46 pm

This movie was really good and helps to show just how good Korean film has gotten recently. This actor Kang-ho Song seems to be in most Korean movies (that I've seen, at least) and can be so funny but then turn around and pull a lot of emotional drama out of a serious scene. He's great.
Love that this movie is based on true events and you gotta imagine there's so many places in the world where the police would be so ill-equipped to deal with a serial murderer situation like this. It's fascinating.
kikuchiyo
GLIB

Return to DVD / Blu-ray