Realtime Ghostbsters Commentary.

Betamax and beyond

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:27 pm

and cue the Bus Boys again.

somewhere, eddie murphy is tapping his foot.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:29 pm

Fried Gold wrote:There's deleted scenes on my disc. I've never seen them before.

the scene cemetery? I might watch those later......
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:30 pm

ok, movie over now.

imma go back and read this shit.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:32 pm

And audio version of this would be great to try in future.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:35 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:I can remember being grossed out at the ectoplasm when i was a kid, now i just want to touch it

Is that wrong?

Brocktune wrote:after just watching "The Squid and the Whale", that ectoplasm that they find on the index cards has taken on an all new filthiness for me.

BWAHAHAHAHA! Priceless!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:39 pm

Brocktune wrote:you know you are getting old, and selling out when you start rooting for the EPA, instead of the Ghostbusters.

where the fuck do these guys think they get off?

Totally, I'd have to question their motives......
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:45 pm

Brocktune wrote:although flawed, this movie is a total classic.

its a real bummer that 2 wasnt anywhere close to as good.

I named my son after the baby in Ghostbusters 2 - fact!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:47 pm

Brocktune wrote:man, if i was peter venkman, as soon as i realized that dana barrett was still alive inside the smoking shell of that giant dog, i would have chipped out the section around her ass first, and totally raw dogged that shit before she even had a chance to get out of that fucker.

And the biggest PAMP of the evening goes to Brock, I salute all your comments in this thread sir!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:51 pm

i think that after reading this thread, its safe to say that "Im terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought" IS the line of the movie. its the only one that all three of us took exception to.

monorail77 wrote:I was goofy for this thing as a kid. I also had a very fun Activision Ghostbusters game for my Commodore 64. Fun, but somewhat annoying as it would play the theme over and over. You couldn't shut it off. But when you pressed the spacebar at any time, the cheesy compu-voice would say "Ghostbusters" like it was signing the theme. Cracked us up. Every. Single. Time.

dude, i totally had that game too. man, i played the shit out of that game. i never beat it, but i played it like everyday. i have the 8-bit nintendo version, but its not quite the same. good times.

this shit is actually pretty fuckin cool. i just hope the next one is ISFW too!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:58 pm

I'm up for staying up late, so we can do this again at a more US/Canada friendly time and another time if certain people in Shanghai want to have a go.......
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby monorail77 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:03 pm

Brocktune wrote:
monorail77 wrote:I was goofy for this thing as a kid. I also had a very fun Activision Ghostbusters game for my Commodore 64. Fun, but somewhat annoying as it would play the theme over and over. You couldn't shut it off. But when you pressed the spacebar at any time, the cheesy compu-voice would say "Ghostbusters" like it was signing the theme. Cracked us up. Every. Single. Time.

dude, i totally had that game too. man, i played the shit out of that game. i never beat it, but i played it like everyday. i have the 8-bit nintendo version, but its not quite the same. good times.

Good Times indeed!

Great thread guys. I would love to get in on the next one. Wrath of Khan would be a pretty good choice. Or maybe go again with the funny. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, perhaps?
monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:09 pm

thedoglippedone wrote:I'm up for staying up late, so we can do this again at a more US/Canada friendly time and another time if certain people in Shanghai want to have a go.......

the time worked out great for me. in fact, almost anytime is cool with me. as long as i have advance warning of the film, so i can bring my dvd to work if i have to. this time, i just lucked out. ghostbusters is one of the scant few flicks we have on the hard drive here. although, if its totally inappropriate for work, i may have to sit one out, but im totally game!

thedoglippedone wrote:And the biggest PAMP of the evening goes to Brock, I salute all your comments in this thread sir!

*blushing* thanks dude. it was just fun to be a part of something.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:11 pm

Totally, that's all I wanted this thread to be, just some good old movie based fun 'n' bonding.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby tfactor on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:12 pm

this is so AWESOME, how the hell did you guys coordinate this?

here I am just doing my thing on the phone and I stumble across this thread and every spare second I've had since I've been trying to read your "play by play" (so to speak) because I realized you were all watching this movie and making notes and comments as you watched

We sad humans still haven't watched the squid and the whale but in our defense me and my buddy just upgraded our Madden NFL from (and I'm completely embarrased to admit this but..) Madden 03 to Madden 06. Erik and I play this game weekly and I don't know why we've waited so long to upgrade but WOW is it cool to have waited so long though most of my time since has been spent playing the new game

sorry so, yeah anyway threadjack aside, what movie are you planning on doing next and when?
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby colonel_lugz on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:15 pm

tfactor wrote:sorry so, yeah anyway threadjack aside, what movie are you planning on doing next and when?

yes! what and when?!?!
You Called Down The Thunder, Well Now You Got It!
colonel_lugz
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby doglips on Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:17 pm

Discuss the next moviehere.........
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Previous

Return to DVD / Blu-ray