Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Betamax and beyond

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:50 am

- Supernatural Season 2
- Star Wars: Clone wars (Tartakovski)
- Hudson Hawk
- Nightmare On Elm Street 2
- Nightmare On Elm Street 3
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Rio Bravo
The young Victoria - for the wife
Ponyo - for the kids and me
The killer
and Hard Boiled - Cause my wife has not seen either...
User avatar
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste
 
Posts: 8982
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Samonkey Island

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm

1. The Ghost Writer
2. A Prophet
3. Greenberg
4. The Good, The Bad, The Weird
5. Cop Out
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 pm

here is a list of films at the top of my BLOCKBUSTER queue because crappy netflix doesn't offer them in blu-ray:

Exit Through The Gift Shop
Excalibur
Psycho (50th Anniversary Edition)
Uncle Buck
Chaplin
Network
Videodrome
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Complete Metropolis
Roadhouse
Broadcast News (Criterion Edition)
Traffic


netflix, your blu-ray support SUCKS!!!
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18523
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby justcheckin on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:42 pm

The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
Get Low (2009)
Cop Out (2010)
Adam (2009)
Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003)
User avatar
justcheckin
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Down the street, take a left.

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Undertow
Equilibrium
A Prairie Home Companion
Vice Squad
Grandma's Boy
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby justcheckin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 am

At Home: The Tourist and The King's Speech

I Heart Huckabees (2004)
Me and Orson Wells (2008)
Pi (1998)
Invictus (2009)
Killers (2010)
User avatar
justcheckin
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Down the street, take a left.

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri May 06, 2011 3:37 pm

- Blind Fury
- Inception
- Space Truckers
- Stand By Me
- Machete
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby The Vicar on Fri May 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Is that the Rutger Hauer Blind Fury? Its good old stoopid fun....enjoy.
.
........................................
Image
User avatar
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone
 
Posts: 16179
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:21 am

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DennisMM on Sun May 08, 2011 2:43 pm

I'm quite fond of that one. That and Split Second, another trashy Hauer picture that's smarter than it seems.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING
 
Posts: 16808
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Watchin' the reels go 'round and 'round

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon May 09, 2011 4:47 am

Yeah, it's the Rutger Hauer one. Saw it as a kid and liked it. Saw the 2nd half of it on TV a while ago and still thought it was pretty cool. Now I wanna watch it in full again.
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby caruso_stalker217 on Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 am

AH TOLDJOO THAT BUTTERKNIFE WOULDN'T STOP NO BULLET!
Image
User avatar
caruso_stalker217
TOO AGED FOR THIS MALARKEY
 
Posts: 9770
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Oregon, US of A

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Nice Marmot on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:13 am

Keep in mind that this is also my wife's Netflix Queue . . .

1 - True Grit
2 - A Perfect Getaway
3 - Blue Valentine
4 - Jackass 3
5 - Country Strong

Currently have Hereafter at the house. Down to just 1 at a time. Siiiiigggghhhh . . . .
User avatar
Nice Marmot
REAL DRAGON
 
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby so sorry on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

Nice Marmot wrote:Keep in mind that this is also my wife's Netflix Queue . . .

1 - True Grit
2 - A Perfect Getaway
3 - Blue Valentine
4 - Jackass 3
5 - Country Strong



So she's a big JackAss fan huh?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:50 am

    Inception
    Blind Fury
    Drive Angry
    Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
    The Hole (The Joe Dante one)
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 am

DerLanghaarige wrote:
    Inception
    Blind Fury
    Drive Angry
    Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
    The Hole (The Joe Dante one)


Nice! I watched The Hole just last week and it was a pretty solid horror movie. Has Netflix spread to Germany, or do you use a similar video rental service?

1. I Am Number Four
2. Bullets Over Broadway
3. Code 46
4. The Fast Runner
5. Unthinkable
User avatar
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG
 
Posts: 13541
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:00 am

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DerLanghaarige on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:06 pm

Ribbons wrote:Has Netflix spread to Germany, or do you use a similar video rental service?


We got one called Video Buster (among others. But I use that one.)
Image
User avatar
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am

if netflix wasn't such a fucking monopoly, my netflix queue would be EMPTY after they jacked up my subscription by $5. netflix used to be awesome, but they just get worse and worse, between the lack of blu-ray versions of older films, the ridiculous blu-ray upcharge (because we all know how much more expensive shipping a blu-ray is than a dvd :roll: ) and now this nearly 30% upcharge. i cancelled my streaming service since i barely use it anyway, so i'm actually paying a couple dollars less now than i was before, and that's pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from cancelling altogether and just going exclusively with blockbuster and redbox. the only reason i keep netflix at all is for the movies i can't get on those two places, but i'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18523
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby so sorry on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 pm

TheBaxter wrote:if netflix wasn't such a fucking monopoly, my netflix queue would be EMPTY after they jacked up my subscription by $5. netflix used to be awesome, but they just get worse and worse, between the lack of blu-ray versions of older films, the ridiculous blu-ray upcharge (because we all know how much more expensive shipping a blu-ray is than a dvd :roll: ) and now this nearly 30% upcharge. i cancelled my streaming service since i barely use it anyway, so i'm actually paying a couple dollars less now than i was before, and that's pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from cancelling altogether and just going exclusively with blockbuster and redbox. the only reason i keep netflix at all is for the movies i can't get on those two places, but i'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.



I recently downgraded too. I was getting a Bluray and not watching it for over a month. I also had the streaming version, but after the first few weeks of watching 5-8 movies, I flat out stopped using it. So I downgraded to 1 movie at a time, with a limit of 3 movies a month or something like that. I think the price is like 8 bucks a month. Did they just raise my price on that???
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:54 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:if netflix wasn't such a fucking monopoly, my netflix queue would be EMPTY after they jacked up my subscription by $5. netflix used to be awesome, but they just get worse and worse, between the lack of blu-ray versions of older films, the ridiculous blu-ray upcharge (because we all know how much more expensive shipping a blu-ray is than a dvd :roll: ) and now this nearly 30% upcharge. i cancelled my streaming service since i barely use it anyway, so i'm actually paying a couple dollars less now than i was before, and that's pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from cancelling altogether and just going exclusively with blockbuster and redbox. the only reason i keep netflix at all is for the movies i can't get on those two places, but i'm starting to wonder if it's really worth it.



I recently downgraded too. I was getting a Bluray and not watching it for over a month. I also had the streaming version, but after the first few weeks of watching 5-8 movies, I flat out stopped using it. So I downgraded to 1 movie at a time, with a limit of 3 movies a month or something like that. I think the price is like 8 bucks a month. Did they just raise my price on that???


probably. i have the 2-at-a-time deal, and that's $12 a month, but in september it goes up to $15 a month. with the streaming i was actually paying around $18 a month. the rate hikes take effect in september, so i guess you'll find out then.
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18523
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby DennisMM on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:22 pm

I dropped streaming, because I've never used it. I don't have a "major game console" and don't want one, and with the price-split it was an easy decision to go with disc only. I have the three-disc plan, which I think now runs $17. I could be wrong. What I've read suggests that Netflix wants to eliminate physical media entirely and to go video-on-demand only. That sucks. I don't want to watch movies on my computer and I don't want to buy into extra hardware to be able to stream to my TV.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING
 
Posts: 16808
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Watchin' the reels go 'round and 'round

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:55 pm

RIP Qwikster. we hardly knew ye (in fact, we didn't know ye at all)
Image
User avatar
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger
 
Posts: 18523
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby justcheckin on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Hmmm... on my netflix list is:

1. X-men First Class
2. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
3. Bridesmaids
4. Bad Teacher
5. Hall Pass


I just sent back Thor... what a cheese fest.
User avatar
justcheckin
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Down the street, take a left.

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Bloo on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:07 pm

I've seen all but Hall Pass, X-Men is the best of that bunch...Bad Teacher isn't bad...Bridesmaids SUCKED...Transformers was a mess

There now you can save some time
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Al Shut on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:04 am

and put it in your Timesavings Bank account
Image
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6138
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby justcheckin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Bloo wrote:I've seen all but Hall Pass, X-Men is the best of that bunch...Bad Teacher isn't bad...Bridesmaids SUCKED...Transformers was a mess

There now you can save some time


Thanks, but I will probably waste my time watching them anyway. :)


Al Shut wrote:and put it in your Timesavings Bank account


Oh, I need one of those... hmmm I would who gives the best interest.
User avatar
justcheckin
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Down the street, take a left.

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby Al Shut on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:30 pm

I'm suprised by your enthusiasm. Guess that means you've never seen or read Momo
Image
User avatar
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER
 
Posts: 6138
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:57 pm
Location: Oberhausen, Germany

Re: Your Top Five Movies On Your Netflix Queue

Postby justcheckin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Al Shut wrote:I'm suprised by your enthusiasm. Guess that means you've never seen or read Momo


No, but I just looked it up... might have to watch or read it. Doesn't look like it is on netflix though.
User avatar
justcheckin
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:37 am
Location: Down the street, take a left.

Previous

Return to DVD / Blu-ray

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest