A Fistful of Dynamite 6/5

Betamax and beyond

A Fistful of Dynamite 6/5

Postby Theta on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:29 pm

This info courtesy the Rumor Mill at www.thedigitalbits.com Granted they file it under rumor but usually they're spot-on.

Fox isn't being shy with the double-dips. First it was Bond and now it's Leone; the Man with No Name Trilogy is getting reissued as two-disc sets, although no word on whether these are new transfers yet.

What caught my attention was "A Fistful of Dynamite" (aka "Duck, You Sucker!"); apparently Fox has decided to release the 2-disc version everyone else in the world got but MGM thought wasn't worth releasing in North America, because we all hate Leone here. :roll:

So, anyway, if you didn't want to import it, your patience has been rewarded; I'm pretty excited myself.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Postby WinslowLeach on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:34 pm

Love Fistful of Dynamite too but I already have it on VHS and R2 DVD. Awesome film for those who love Leone. Def check it out if you havent already.

The score by Morricone is excellent as well, but then again all his stuff is. :)

Another MWNN Trilogy set? I think Ive actually watched those movies more over the last 20 years than any other movies.
Last edited by WinslowLeach on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Todd on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Great news! Except for the fact that now I have to pick up another Man With No Name Trilogy box set.....
i reject your reality and substitute my own
The Todd
AIRWOLF

Postby Seppuku on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Those Leone two-discers are kind of shit really. Don't get me wrong, Leone is one of my TOP TEN directors, but...let's take the second disc of For a Few Dollars More for example. You have ten minutes of a few old Italian dudes (not Dino) talking about how they helped restore the movie (I HATE restoration special features), a tentative 5 minute Clint Eastwood interview, and not a hell of a lot else.

The print IS better, but not so much so that it's worth upgrading.

Still...I'll buy this anyway. Duck You Sucker! is one of my favourite Spaghetti Chilli Con Carne movies EVAAR! Although it takes about an hour for the man-love to kick in, it's as if it takes off from one of the last scenes in Once Upon a Time in the West (Robards and Bronson bonding as Robards fades into the great beyond), and takes it to another dimension.

/end drunken post.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby WinslowLeach on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:01 pm

"Theres two kinds of people in this world my friend, those with loaded guns and those who dig. YOU dig"
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Theta on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:18 pm

seppukudkurosawa wrote:(I HATE restoration special features), .

Side note: I only like restoration documentaries if they're about digging out elements from obscure places. Those are fun.
This comment is in no way meant to insist your opinion is wrong or be considered an edict, solely this poster's opinion. That said, you are still a fool and will kneel before me in supplication.
Theta
AIRWOLF

Return to DVD / Blu-ray