Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:09 pm
by John-Locke
The Todd wrote:
Brocktune wrote:if anyone picked anything off this list, before "BECKET", you should be boiled in oil.

fucking philistines.


Wasn't Becket the tv show that Ted Danson did after Cheers?

Image


Yeah, thats what I thought too.

:?



:oops:

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:25 pm
by Brocktune
that was beck-R goddamnit!

and i hate that show. i dont care how big shawnee smith's phony chesticles are, she will never top "Summer School". do you hear me? NEVAR!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 am
by Nordling
I thought the picture quality on THE FOUNTAIN was fine. I don't have a high-end TV, though.

Watchd all three of my purchases yesterday. It was a good day.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:25 am
by so sorry
Nordling wrote:I thought the picture quality on THE FOUNTAIN was fine. I don't have a high-end TV, though.

Watchd all three of my purchases yesterday. It was a good day.


You would if you had listened to us a few months ago and spent that money!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:51 am
by Nordling
The wife won that battle. Next year, next year.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:25 am
by Ribbons
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the extras are on the Pan's Labyrinth DVD?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:33 am
by Nordling
It's l-o-a-d-e-d. Charlie Rose interview with Del Toro, Cuaron, and Inarritu, Del Toro commentary, about 5 featurettes on the creatures, the myths, and the making of the film... well worth the extra scratch.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:10 pm
by Andre Dellamorte
And Sold the fuck out here in LA. They short ordered the two disc. Best Buy says they're getting their re-up come Tuesday-Wednesday. I just don't want to get Munich 2-disc fucked. Though I did borrow the second disc and it was shit, but just the same.

Not that I have time to actually watch the fucker.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:50 pm
by Nordling
I rather liked the second disc. Del Toro's very engaging and I thought the Rose interview was really funny and interesting.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:06 pm
by minstrel
Andre Dellamorte wrote:And Sold the fuck out here in LA. They short ordered the two disc. Best Buy says they're getting their re-up come Tuesday-Wednesday. I just don't want to get Munich 2-disc fucked. Though I did borrow the second disc and it was shit, but just the same.

Not that I have time to actually watch the fucker.


Amazon.com is your friend.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:13 pm
by Nordling
Some of us pray to the Instant Gratification Gods, and they demand a sacrifice!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:19 pm
by minstrel
I always order for next-day delivery. Pretty near to instant gratification.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 pm
by Lady Sheridan
I can now second Nordling about the transfer quality, "The Fountain" looks great and I have a flat-screen.

There's an incredibly long and raw documentary about the making of the film, if you're interested in the photographic techniques and sets, it's right up your alley. But there's very little in the way of discussing the film's meanings and nothing from the actors.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:26 pm
by Ribbons
Lady Sheridan wrote:if you're interested in the photographic techniques and sets, it's right up your alley. But there's very little in the way of discussing the film's meanings and nothing from the actors.


Alas, no commentary!

Word on the street is that Aronofsky recorded his own commentary by way of podcast though, so if you play them both simultaneously, it's essentially the same thing. I haven't been able to find it online yet, but will do more looking around.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:56 pm
by King Psyz
you know what's crazy, Pan's is sold the fuck out everywhere here in Vegas too!

in fact on Tuesday by noon, Wal-Mart (we have a ton) and Best Buy were both sold the hell out completely.

I really hope it does amazing figures on DVD sales.