The Hidden (Now w/ Finally Coming Out)

Betamax and beyond

The Hidden (Now w/ Finally Coming Out)

Postby Eric G on Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:58 pm

dunno about you guys, but I think it might be time to pick up the pitch fork, put texter to banner and pull up a seat outside the big-wigs-with-wigs gates. If it isn't enough that Tinseltown's dropping remade turds like "The Fog", "When A Stranger Calls" and "Love Don't Cost A Thing" into the cinematic sewer - they're now setting their sights on cooler-than-ice classics like "The Hidden". The sweat drops from the brow...

Yep, the 1987 thriller classic is about to get the redo treatment, says Cinescape. Now called "The Seed",
it'll be written by Rock Shaink Jr. and Mark Jonathan Stanley. In the original, a cop is on the trail of an alien entity that is floating from body to body.

How about we make a deal guys? either a) Do it flippin' justice or b) take "The Hidden II" and remake that. That, I will admit, could do with a once-over.

Backtracking, there is a chance that this might be OK. Rock Shaink has written a few good little films over the past couple of years - none which you may have seen - so he may be able to 'bring it'. Guess we'll see.

Source: Cinescape
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:09 pm

Hmmm could be good, I doubt it will be but it's possible, I love parasite films and it was a good premise, I've never even heard of the writers so I'm not exactly fillled with confidence still you have to start somewhere right.

What's next a remake of 80's classic Dead Heat?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Karl Hungus on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Oooh, The Hidden finally coming out on region 2. 8th of Oct

Sweet! I loved that film when I saw it years ago, and now it's finally coming out over this side of the world. Definetly going to have to grab a copy. 80's Kyle McLaughlin alien horror goodness! :D
Karl Hungus
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Wolfpack on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:08 pm

I saw this a long time ago, but can't quite remember it. Guess I now have the chance to refresh my memory.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby DennisMM on Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:20 pm

Nice! Always enjoyed it, even if the story is derivative. The Alka-Seltzer/aspirin bit makes me laugh every time.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:08 pm

Wolfpack wrote:I saw this a long time ago, but can't quite remember it. Guess I now have the chance to refresh my memory.

Are you a UKer, Wolfpack?
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Return to DVD / Blu-ray