Page 1 of 1

Damages, scratches etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:41 am
by King Of Nowhere
looked through the section, couldn't find anything related surprisingly.
If I'm wrong, link & lock.

Two questions:

1. Can you damage a dvd by leaving it on pause for too long?

2. Does anybody have any good methods for making badly scratched disks playable again?

Re: Damages, scratches etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:51 am
by DinoDeLaurentiis
king_of_nowhere wrote:1. Can you damage a dvd by leaving it on pause for too long?


The Dino, he would a say no, eh? A 'cos, unna'like a the videocassette, when a you pause a the DVD, the disc, she keeps onna spinning, eh? It's only a the memory buffer which actually freezes uppa the picture onna your television, no?

king_of_nowhere wrote:2. Does anybody have any good methods for making badly scratched disks playable again?


Yes. Send a your assistant over to a the studio anna have a them pick uppa the 'nother personalized copy, eh?

Works a for me every time...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:06 am
by vicious_bastard
I believe I have the perfect link for you. Ketchup, chocolate, bananas...

http://www.blogmond.com/2007/09/17/10-ways-to-remove-cd-scratches/

Re: Damages, scratches etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:12 am
by Fried Gold
king_of_nowhere wrote:looked through the section, couldn't find anything related surprisingly.
If I'm wrong, link & lock.

Two questions:

1. Can you damage a dvd by leaving it on pause for too long?

2. Does anybody have any good methods for making badly scratched disks playable again?

1. No.
2. http://www.ehow.com/how_892_repair-scratched-cds.html

Scratches on the bottom of discs are just a case of wiping, polishing and re-finishing the surface. Scratches to the top of discs are more likely to actually corrupt the data permanently.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:15 am
by King Of Nowhere
vicious_bastard wrote:I believe I have the perfect link for you. Ketchup, chocolate, bananas...

http://www.blogmond.com/2007/09/17/10-ways-to-remove-cd-scratches/


Thanks, my nephew scratched the shit outta my Batman Begins the other day so i guess I'll try the toothpaste.

EDIT: Damn, the video Fried Gold linked to says don't use toothpaste.

guess I'll have to buy a cleaning kit now. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:24 am
by vicious_bastard
king_of_nowhere wrote:
vicious_bastar d wrote:I believe I have the perfect link for you. Ketchup, chocolate, bananas...

http://www.blogmond.com/2007/09/17/10-ways-to-remove-cd-scratches/


Thanks, my nephew scratched the shit outta my Batman Begins the other day so i guess I'll try the toothpaste.

EDIT: Damn, the video Fried Gold linked to says don't use toothpaste.

guess I'll have to buy a cleaning kit now. :(


Booooring. Try the ketchup then.