newest Kubrick DVD's (HD, Sd, Blu-Ray all)

Betamax and beyond

newest Kubrick DVD's (HD, Sd, Blu-Ray all)

Postby sonnyboo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:35 pm

I have been getting the newest releases of the Kubrick movies in HD-DVD and they have the same extras as the new 2 disc regular DVD's (and Blu-Ray).

I'm pouring over the hours of extras and haven't even gotten to a single commentary track, and overall I love the material. I love the insights from all these different people, but I can't help but feel that Stanley Kubrick himself would have hated these. The idea of having critics and other people spouting their opinions on what scenes or sequences meant - on an official release of the movie - seem to endorse one person's idea over what you yourself would have interpreted and that was against everything Kubrick ever stood for, at least in any of the few statements he did make in the last 40 years before his death.

I love having these extras and all the details, but man do I feel that it's not at all what the man himself would have ever allowed when he was alive.

Still no deleted scenes on a single movie... especially since THE SHINING was released as about 14 minutes longer and cut after being in circulation for 3-4 weeks.
sonnyboo
REAL DRAGON

Return to DVD / Blu-ray