WhyTF is there no The Big Lebowski Blu-ray???

Betamax and beyond

Re: WhyTF is there no The Big Lebowski Blu-ray???

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:09 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Well the dude is in a new film by the dudes that wrote the dude into existence, so I reckon a blu-ray version is not too far over the horizon.

I already have two copies of the film on DVD though, due to my inability to resist buying the Bowling Ball Edition.

I don't have a Bowling-Ball player, genius. And even if I did, it's my choice to want the Lawn-Bowl version. WTF is it to you anyway, a-hole?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:31 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:Well the dude is in a new film by the dudes that wrote the dude into existence, so I reckon a blu-ray version is not too far over the horizon.

I already have two copies of the film on DVD though, due to my inability to resist buying the Bowling Ball Edition.

I don't have a Bowling-Ball player, genius. And even if I did, it's my choice to want the Lawn-Bowl version. WTF is it to you anyway, a-hole?

Perfect!
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Peven on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:39 am

Fried Gold wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if we still had them i would nominate this for a "Funniest Post" Zonie Award.....

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby braddavery on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

Stop moaning about it and just buy a VHS copy. Jesus.
braddavery
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Fievel on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:24 pm

braddavery wrote:Stop moaning about it and just buy a VHS copy. Jesus.

Yes!
:D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby minstrel on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

braddavery wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:

Stop moaning about it and just buy a VHS copy. Jesus.

I don't have a VHS player. And don't call me Jesus.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby The Vicar on Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Fried Gold wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

please dont do that again.....its like it's contagious......a-hole......

merde
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 am

i got the bowling ball edition, but then i had to sell all my other dvd's because they didn't come in bowling balls and i have to have all my dvd cases be in the same format.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 am

tapehead wrote:You want a Blu Ray? I can get you a Blu Ray, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
Hell, I can get you a Blu Ray by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with extras.

Now that was funny! Thanks for making me smile.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby ufoclub1977 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:50 pm

The reason someone would want a blu-ray of this movie is to have the visual detail that was visible in the theater (although I know a majority of people did not see this in the theater). And this movie is ripe with production details to the characters, the settings, etc. Even their hairstyles are carefully detailed in this piece.

Don't you want to see every wisp of the ashes blow back? Every drop of water out of the toilet? The dream/hallucination sequence? The film grain?
ufoclub1977
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby magicmonkey on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 pm

ufoclub1977 wrote:The reason someone would want a blu-ray of this movie is to have the visual detail that was visible in the theater (although I know a majority of people did not see this in the theater). And this movie is ripe with production details to the characters, the settings, etc. Even their hairstyles are carefully detailed in this piece.

Don't you want to see every wisp of the ashes blow back?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Amen. Once you go HD it really is hard going back!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:39 am

magicmonkey wrote:
ufoclub1977 wrote:The reason someone would want a blu-ray of this movie is to have the visual detail that was visible in the theater (although I know a majority of people did not see this in the theater). And this movie is ripe with production details to the characters, the settings, etc. Even their hairstyles are carefully detailed in this piece.

HD = the new black?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ufoclub1977 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Fievel wrote:
magicmonkey wrote:

HD = the new black?

HD resolution is the old black!... came into fashion with the adoption of 35mm film in the 1880's. Went out of fashion with consumers in the 40's with mainstream lofi TV broadcasting. And then VHS in the 70's.
ufoclub1977
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:16 pm

TheButcher wrote:
tapehead wrote:You want a Blu Ray? I can get you a Blu Ray, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.
Hell, I can get you a Blu Ray by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with extras.

Now that was funny! Thanks for making me smile.

I'm a little late on this one, but IPAMPILASH! :lol:
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Hermanator X on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Should this thread now have "now with 100% blu ray"?

Somewhere a dude named Brad is weeping milky tears of Joy.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to DVD / Blu-ray