Not without incident

Re: It was on sale!

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
Maui wrote:OD'd on Carpenter and Kurt Russell today:

Escape from LA - $6
Big Trouble in Little China - $6

Can't get enough Carpenter and Russell. Every one is a gem. :mrgreen:

Yeah, but you know what? Escape from New York is soooooooooooo much better than Escape from LA.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bayouwolf on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Maui wrote:

Escape from LA - $6

Yeah, but you know what? Escape from New York is soooooooooooo much better than Escape from LA.

...Big Trouble in Little China.
That movie has been playing like mad on the free movie channels on Dish Network.

Kim Cattrall was teh hotness way back when...
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Maui on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Bayou wrote:Kim Cattrall was teh hotness way back when...

She still looks great and she's well into her 50s now.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bayouwolf on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Maui wrote:
Bayou wrote:Kim Cattrall was teh hotness way back when...

She still looks great and she's well into her 50s now.

Agreed.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Maui on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Robo recommended this to me a while back, so I did eventually watch it. Loved it! It's neat to see the beginnings of Pixar's whiz bang, Brad Bird.

Saw it today for only $7 so I picked up "The Iron Giant".
Maui
WoWie

Postby Bayouwolf on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 pm

Maui wrote:Robo recommended this to me a while back, so I did eventually watch it. Loved it! It's neat to see the beginnings of Pixar's whiz bang, Brad Bird.

You won't be disappointed Maui.

It really is one of those rare animated films that touches your heart and never really lets go.
Bayouwolf
Country Bouy

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:14 pm

Bayou wrote:
Maui wrote:Robo recommended this to me a while back, so I did eventually watch it. Loved it! It's neat to see the beginnings of Pixar's whiz bang, Brad Bird.

You won't be disappointed Maui.

It really is one of those rare animated films that touches your heart and never really lets go.

Every time. Every time he says "Superman" while flying away. My eyes get misty...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Maui on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17 pm

Actually, I need to correct myself - the film is a mix of both 2D and 3D.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Every time. Every time he says "Superman" while flying away. My eyes get misty...

:(

It's really a beautiful film. Loved it!
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 am

Maui wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:Every time. Every time he says "Superman" while flying away. My eyes get misty...

:(

It's really a beautiful film. Loved it!

Excellent!

Its a damn fine piece of cinema... when the world is in waste and the Cockroach people walk the earth, they will see this movie and know that there was at one time.. hope!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Maui on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:46 am

bastard_robo wrote:Excellent!

Its a damn fine piece of cinema... when the world is in waste and the Cockroach people walk the earth, they will see this movie and know that there was at one time.. hope!

Yes it is. I think it was also you who mentioned that the scene in Hellboy 2 where the Golden Army rebuild themselves is taken from "The Iron Giant". Yup, correctamundo. :D
Maui
WoWie

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:03 am

If you can find it somewhere on this innernetting, there is an episode of Jackanory where Tom Baker reads The Iron Man....Best Audio Book Ever.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Fried Gold wrote:If you can find it somewhere on this innernetting, there is an episode of Jackanory where Tom Baker reads The Iron Man....Best Audio Book Ever.

Aiight, good to know. Thanks FG!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:55 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:22 am

40% off everything in stock at the Criterion store until 12 am November 24.

Get an extra 25% off DVD and Blu-ray at Deep Discount with promo code SUPERSALE until November 23.
Last edited by Tyrone_Shoelaces on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:26 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:40% off everything in stock at the Criterion store until 12 am November 24.

The fact that they're trying to tout Criterion canvas bags on their homepage is surprising to me... Although I guess I shouldn't be after they let Michael Bay release Armageddon on their label.

Criterion gotta eat!
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby DaleTremont on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:30 am

Seppuku wrote:
Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:40% off everything in stock at the Criterion store until 12 am November 24.

The fact that they're trying to tout Criterion canvas bags on their homepage is surprising to me... Although I guess I shouldn't be after they let Michael Bay release Armageddon on their label.

Criterion gotta eat!

Weird! I'm literally watching The Rock right now and was just seriously perplexed by the fact that it's apparently in the Criterion collection. No one is immune to the Cage!
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby Seppuku on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:37 am

DaleTremont wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

Criterion gotta eat!

Weird! I'm literally watching The Rock right now and was just seriously perplexed by the fact that it's apparently in the Criterion collection. No one is immune to the Cage!

Yo, did you check out that Top Ten section on their website? It's pretty awesome reading what Adam Yauch, Richard Linklater, Diablo Cody, Steve Buscemi and Nic Roeg think are the sweetest Criterion releases. No one's picked The Rock so far, but I haven't read them all yet.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:46 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Vantage Point (for $9)--not bad except my copy kept acting up, may take it back as it was a sealed copy

Miami Vice--EXCELLENT Mann movie want to do it as a double feature with HEAT

Hollywoodland--haven't had the chance to watch it yet

Kung Fu Panda--great fun lil flick

Last Man Standing--Walter Hill doing Kurosawa starring Bruce Willis, Christopher Walken, and Bruce Dern

Ratatouille (with food Network special dvd)--this was supposed to be on sale for $10 but my frakking Wal-Mart charged me $18.25 and told me it was in the wrong spot
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby DennisMM on Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:14 pm

I bought Speed for five bucks at Wal*Mart whilst wandering after picking up a new UPS for my PC. C'mon, it's Speed!
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:43 pm

DennisMM wrote:I bought Speed for five bucks at Wal*Mart whilst wandering after picking up a new UPS for my PC. C'mon, it's Speed!

Good deal! But BAD Dennis for shopping at Wal-Mart. You just put some mom and pop video store like Hollywood or Blockbuster out of business!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:44 pm

First Blood on Blu-Ray. $10 at the Wal-Mart
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 pm

What sucks is that I am only buying Blu-Ray now, and no sales yet. Next year maybe.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 am

No doubt. It forces you to be pretty picky with your choices though.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby monorail77 on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Couldn't resist taking a quick (very quick) look at Boxing Day sales. Plus, I needed to buy batteries anyway.

Came home with:
2 Pingu DVD's ($3.97 each) (I love Pingu)
Scope mouthwash and Speed Stick deodorant (both on sale)
batteries (on sale)
Queen size sheet set (100% combed cotton, 400 thread count, $31.00)

So, yeah, I got suckered in. Still, they are all items I will use (have already watched some Pingu with my kids!)

EDIT - ha ha, I just realized this was in the DVD forum. At least I mentioned Pingu!
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:06 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:What sucks is that I am only buying Blu-Ray now, and no sales yet. Next year maybe.

There are sales on Blu-ray, but do they have anything you want? For the moment I'm holding off on double-dips but it looks like its mostly catalog stuff on sale.

Amazon has half off select Blu. Looks like the Criterion Blu-rays are 40% off too.

Deep Discount has a handful of Warner titles on sale. They also have some sexy time Koch DVD titles on sale 40% off, but it also includes The Story of O Blu-ray.

Family Video has a bunch of Warner and Fox titles on sale, as well as a smattering of Disney stuff.

J&R has scads of titles on sale at various price points, but it looks like you have to buy three to get the deal. Look through the listings, I saw some stuff I didn't know was on Blu-ray.

Best Buy has some stuff on sale until Monday, but probably not as discounted as other places.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Seppuku on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Herc time: Amazon's got a Preston Sturges box-set featuring 7 of his best movies for 12.98 (w/ delivery) and a Douglas Sirk set with 7 of his best movies for 8.98 (w/ delivery). Sturges' flicks are sexy, thinking-man's comedies/screwballs, and Sirk's are gorgeous-looking pre-New Wave melodramas that went waaaaay over their audiences' heads back in the '50s (Fassbinder, Godard and Todd Haynes are big fans). I think the low prices have something to do with one or two weird transfers, or at least that's what the Amazon customer reviews say, but I've been running through most of these today, and those guys must just be pissed because they bought the sets when they were around £70 each.

EDIT: Oh and apparently Sullivan's Travels has got a Terry Jones commentary that I've GOT to hear.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:41 pm

Alright, I got all three SHAFT movies in one case for $11.00 and KISS OF THE DRAGON on blu-ray for $15.00 off of Canadien Amazon.

My buddy Caruso has been talking about Shaft a bunch lately and Vern reviewed it, and I realized I've never seen the third installment where he apparently goes to Africa. So this triple feature DVD was a good grab.

And I recently saw Kiss of the Dragon for the first time since it's initial theatrical release in the year of 2000 and was quite impressed. It's got some really top fucking knotch martial arts choreography courtesy of my favorite choreographer, Mr. Corey Yeun and Jet Li looks dangerous and sexy as fuck in this. I think I've said before that I would fuck Jet Li, I now want to specify that I would want to fuck Jet Li as he appears in this film. Bridget Fonda is mildly annoying, she's not typically an annoying actress and this isn't necissarily an annoying character on paper, I think it's just an isolated annoying performance resulting from Luc Besson incest. You see she starred in the remake of Nikita: The Woman (or however you English-talkers translated it), and now she's in a supporting role in a Luc Besson feature and the result is a mutant performance. So remember, you can fuck your cousin, but don't have kids.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby bastard_robo on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:26 am

I bought the first Austin Powers and double diped on the 2 disc spaceballs at Walmart. They were only 4 bucks
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Jenn7878 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I just got Altered States on Amazon for $7.49: http://www.amazon.com/Altered-States-William-Hurt/dp/6305133131/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234553687&sr=1-3

Along with The Hitcher for $5.99: http://www.amazon.com/Hitcher-Rutger-Hauer/dp/0783114893/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1234553687&sr=1-4

Best Buy online also has some good stuff on sale:

The Warriors WS is $6.99: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7368145&type=product&id=25377
Reservoir Dogs is $6.99: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7990631&type=product&id=53634

There is a Movie Trading Company just down the street from me, I get used films from them all the time. Last night I picked up Rambo http://www.blockbuster.com/movies/rambo.html , Feast 2 http://www.blockbuster.com/movies/feast-2.html and Scorpion King 2 http://www.blockbuster.com/movies/the-scorpion-king-2-rise-of-a-warrior.html for $3 a piece.

I have a feeling that Feast 2 and Scorpion King 2 are not worth any more than $3, but I was curious and that's pretty much the price of a rental.
Jenn7878
GLIB

Postby freakengine on Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I just got the original cuts of the first four Superman flicks at Target for ten bucks. Turns out I forgot how much I hated them so I'm giving this away but it's a good deal if you like these.
freakengine
GLIB

Postby thefraze on Tue May 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Picked up "Clash of the Titans" for $4.99 on Amazon - though I've noticed it's bumped up to $7.89 in the past couple of days...
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Bloo on Wed May 06, 2009 1:17 am

my brother picked up BATMAN FOREVER today at Wal-Mart for 7.50

I'm looking at picking up BATMAN (89), and both Gremlins at the same price this week
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Spandau Belly on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

I got both live action Scooby Doo movies on one $7.00 doublesided disc so I can oogle Velma some more.

I remember really liking the first one and haven't seen the second. Looking forward to it.

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby thefraze on Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Escape from LA - $6

I too finally picked up Big Trouble in Little China, for $7.99 at Barnes and Noble.
"I've seen "The Exorcist" about a hundred and sixty-seven times, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... "
thefraze
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I don't want to sound like Herc here, but play.com are selling Looney Tunes Golden Collection box sets for £9.99 right now. Each set has 4 discs & a total runtime of something near 414 mins.
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!

Postby DennisMM on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Was going through the 2/$10 bin at an area Wal*Mart (yeah, they're evil, I agree). Lots of crap, of course, and lots of good movies but in fullscreen versions no one with half a brain would want to see. Amidst all this, a single copy of Animal House -"Double Secret Probation Edition," in widescreen. Digitally remastered, new mockumentary on the characters' lives after the film, and a short feature on a cast reunion. Five bucks. I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but - FIVE BUCKS! Amazing.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby jkiser214 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 pm

24 season 2,3,4,etc 20 bucks at target anybody see it cheaper? 56,6 added down to 19 bucks today
Last edited by jkiser214 on Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkiser214
GLIB

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 pm

A "heads up" for the UKers - Play.com currently has both the Alien Quadriligy set and the Rocky collection for £8 each.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio Zoners.....

My TV, which is also Consumer Reports' current top-rated LCD television (50 inches and higher), is on sale for a disgustingly low price at ABC Warehouse.

It's the LG 55LH90 - a LED backlit television.
It kicks some serious ass.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby SilentBobX on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:45 pm

Diamonds Are Forever and Last House On The Left(orig.) $3 each

Mahalo
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

picked up Mallrats at Wal-Mart for $5--I've slowly been trying to rebuild my Kevin Smith dvd collection after loaning them out to various people
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:30 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Candyman deluxe edition for $5.99 at the King Soopers grocery and two-disc 15th anniversary (I think) release of Silence of the Lambs for $7.50 at Wal*Mart. Not bad.
DennisMM

Postby Fievel on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:29 am

Black Friday ads from Best Buy, Wal Mart, Sears, Gamestop, and more!

Blu Ray players under $100.....
Cheap movies (DVD and Blu Ray)...
Cheap games.....
Console deals....
Edible underwear deals.....
Okay, I was just seeing if you were paying attention.....

Me - I'll either be online getting stuff or I'll be at Wal Mart when they open.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DennisMM on Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:25 pm

If only I weren't sunk in medical debt, I'd get me a blu-ray player.
DennisMM

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:21 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to DVD / Blu-ray