THE MANDALORIAN

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: STAR WARS TV SHOW (Now w/ White Male Patriarchy)

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Fievel wrote:The Mandalorian

He's probably going to go for a wild west vibe I'd guess.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: STAR WARS TV SHOW (Now w/ White Male Patriarchy)

Postby Ribbons on Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:13 am

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: STAR WARS TV SHOW (w/ 104% More Boba Fett! Confirmed!)

Postby Peven on Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:48 am

looks too good

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 pm

Peven wrote:looks too good

Agreed, that looks badass. Too bad I won’t be able to watch it.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Peven on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:09 am

so sorry wrote:
Peven wrote:looks too good

Agreed, that looks badass. Too bad I won’t be able to watch it.

my girlfriend and I are on the verge of dropping cable completely and going to a streaming only tv budget. it honestly isn't going to save us a significant amount of money each month as much as it will give us more content we enjoy for the $ we spend. we will be adding Disney+ when it becomes available and I think it will be worth the money when the quality hours per month of entertainment are divided into the $ spent per month. along with AmazonPrime, Netflix, and Hulu we will have more quality content and be able to watch it on our schedule.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:37 am

Can someone let me borrow their Disney+ password?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:09 am

Ribbons wrote:

Can someone let me borrow their Disney+ password?

Wow, now THAT got my low-brow-too-stupid-for-Watchmen-likes-TheBigBangTheory juices flowing!

I read somewhere that Verizon customers who fit certain criteria were going to get a year free for Disney+. Will definitely be investigating that.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:27 pm

There is a bundle coming up with Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. I'm waiting for that one.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Wolfpack on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:41 am

Now see, if the Fox network had done this show they'd show the episodes out of order, preempt it for football, and then it would be canceled after half a season.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Postby Ribbons on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:03 pm

#JusticeForWonderfalls
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: THE MANDALORIAN

Postby Ribbons on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm

So, I'm assuming at least one or two of you nerds have watched the pilot episode for this. Thoughts?
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:26 am

Best western that I’ve seen in years.
And that’s just the first 36-minute episode
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:30 am

Fievel wrote:Best western that I’ve seen in years.
And that’s just the first 36-minute episode

Yeah, it was damn cool. Maybe a bit too fast paced, but I guess for a first episode, they wanted to really jam in alot of good shit. I'm not sure how many episidoes that are planned for this, but I hope they can slow it down a bit moving forward, and delve into some of the stuff they glossed over (the special mandalorian alloy for example, and the metalsmith who worked that piece of armor, would have liked a bit more there).

I love that they don't have 12 episodes all released at once, you have to WAIT for the next one, once a week i believe?

The opening credits/score... I'd say this is the worst part... didn't feel epic or SW enough. But this is really nit-picking.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:11 pm

The soundtrack (one part in particular) sounded WAY too much like Rocky. In the same way John Williams steals from Holst, this guy ripped off Rocky. I liked the title sequence. It wasn't ground-breaking but it worked.

Along with the metalsmith, I want to know about that entire Mandalorian enclave down there. Seeing 4-5 live-action Mandalorians in the same area is something I never thought I'd see - not even on this show. I just assumed the title character was alone in the galaxy. There's been so little about OT-era Mandalorians.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Ribbons on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:32 pm

I'm hearing that the episodes are only 35-ish minutes? I don't love that idea; the one thing a Star Wars TV show can do differently from the films is be slower and more deliberate. Hell, even Breaking Bad was 45-50 minutes an episode.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:13 am

Ribbons wrote:I'm hearing that the episodes are only 35-ish minutes? I don't love that idea; the one thing a Star Wars TV show can do differently from the films is be slower and more deliberate. Hell, even Breaking Bad was 45-50 minutes an episode.

Correct, it was only a half hour or so. It didn't feel 'short' to me, but then again, they packed in a ton of stuff, maybe that's why.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:11 pm

so sorry wrote:Correct, it was only a half hour or so. It didn't feel 'short' to me,

Same. I thought 50 minutes had passed. Next episode is up tomorrow!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Peven on Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:41 pm

it is very well produced, all the boxes are checked in regards to production quality, but I am hoping there will be more depth to the plot/characters because if not it will start to become like watching cut scenes from a video game.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby so sorry on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Episode 3... kinda sorta liked it, but some of the shine is wearing off for me already. Things are really happening too quickly, and I was hoping this show wouldn't have some of the more absurd Star War-ness to it (like a town full of bounty hunters who can shoot one guy standing in front of them). Not going to jump ship on the show, I was still entertained.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:24 am

See, I feel the opposite: episode 3 was the first one that I actually liked in earnest. You're right about the gang that can't shoot straight, but I appreciated the ratcheting-up of stakes and consequences. The pilot was a cool mission statement of sorts but overrelied on our familiarity with the Star Wars mythology to care about what was going on. Episode 2 was like two random video-game fetch quests rolled into one. This last one, with its exploration of Mandalorian culture and the momentous decision that irrevocably changes our main character's fate, is where things finally started to get interesting.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:29 am

Ribbons wrote:This last one, with its exploration of Mandalorian culture and the momentous decision that irrevocably changes our main character's fate, is where things finally started to get interesting.

Right, but it happened too quick!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:18 am

so sorry wrote:Right, but it happened too quick!

that's what she said.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 pm

[quote="Ribbons" I appreciated the ratcheting-up of stakes and consequences. The pilot was a cool mission statement of sorts but overrelied on our familiarity with the Star Wars mythology to care about what was going on. Episode 2 was like two random video-game fetch quests rolled into one. This last one, with its exploration of Mandalorian culture and the momentous decision that irrevocably changes our main character's fate, is where things finally started to get interesting.[/quote]

ditto

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Previous

Return to Coaxial