Old TV Shows you want released on DVD

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Vroom Socko on Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:17 am

Man-in-the-Box wrote:Yo Vroom, I never saw the Max back in the day. We didn't have cable. Would it be worth the buy, or just the rental?

It's probably not for everyone, so I'd say rent first.

It's a great show though. It's set in a TV newsroom in the future, where the top investigative reporter has his mind duplicated into a computer program.

What I loved about it was that it was a tv show about people who make tv, and the main plot point of each episode always ended up being that corporate tv was an evil, destructive menace. :P
You fuckers think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some shit?
Vroom Socko
GLIB

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:20 am

That sounds deeper than I would've thought. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I doubt if anybody will know what I'm talking about, but I'd love to find Wallace & Ladmo on DVD.
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby Agent Alonzo on Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:33 am

For childhood nostalgia, how about that littlest hobo...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Man-in-the-Box on Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:02 am

Is it a localised show?
I'm not with Cowbell, he's with me.
Man-in-the-Box
AIRWOLF

Postby evergreen on Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:26 am

Littlest Hobo? Now that brings back some memories.

I dunno if I could own a dvd set though; I used to cry at the end of every episode, when the bloody dog had to move on AGAIN.

Same reason I always used to cry at the end of episodes of The Incredible Hulk.....
Long time no see.
evergreen
GLIB

Postby bluebottle on Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:51 am

They should have done a made for tv movie where the littlest hobo and the incredible hulk meet up and solve each others problems. then at the end, neither have to move on.

and they could have found the one armed man at the same time.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby evergreen on Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:01 pm

Now that's a good idea. David Banner wouldn't have any obligations which would prevent him from caring for the dog, and the dog would chill him out enough to stop him from turning green ever again!

Perhaps finally then they could have a tune over the end credits which didn't make me feel utterly depressed!

Another show I've just thought of, which is a bit of a guilty pleasure since I'm sure it sucked donkey balls, is The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, or whatever it was called - anybody remember the episode where Huck accused Injun Joe from the witness box, and Injun Joe jumped out through the courtroom window? I enjoyed that one....
Long time no see.
evergreen
GLIB

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:12 am

I thought I'd ressurect this forum for a day to tell anyone who is interested that they are finally releasing both series of Vic Reeves Big Night Out on DVD - I remember a couple which had me in stitches, but I can't guarantee that these have stood the test of time!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby banthafodderUK on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:14 am

I liked that early stuff - the man with the stick, les, wheel of justice... etc

very cool at the time
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:57 am

What I'm really after is the one where the Man with the Stick sings this song called "Completely in the Dark" if I could have that, I could start worrying about other stuff, like getting hold of Mash and Peas......
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:31 pm

reposting from locked thread.

80sCHILD wrote:I love this show and havent been able to find it anywhere, does anyone know if they ever relessed this on dvd or are they planning on it?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby 80sCHILD on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Anybody know if they relessed the batman 60s tv show on dvd or there planning on it?
MY MINDS PLAYIN TRICKS ON ME!!!
80sCHILD
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:reposting from locked thread.

80sCHILD wrote:I love this show and havent been able to find it anywhere, does anyone know if they ever relessed this on dvd or are they planning on it?

They have released the Batman Movie on dvd sometime ago (the one with West, et. al)

Batman, The Movie

I don't think the rest of the series is out on dvd? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But if you are into the series, this might be of interest. It's a doc (or a series of docs) on the show and the actors:
holy batmania
Lord Voldemoo

Postby 80sCHILD on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:41 pm

Yea I already have the batman movie I was looking for the tv show, I seen on ebay they had some bootleg copies but I cant figure out why they havent put it on dvd yet and I have seen some stupid show rerelessed on dvd
MY MINDS PLAYIN TRICKS ON ME!!!
80sCHILD
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:45 pm

80sCHILD wrote:Yea I already have the batman movie I was looking for the tv show, I seen on ebay they had some bootleg copies but I cant figure out why they havent put it on dvd yet and I have seen some stupid show rerelessed on dvd

I think there might be a licensing issue between two studios (Probably Warner and whomever produced the old show). i thought I'd heard something about that at some point. It's the only explanation I can think of why it wouldn't be out on dvd by now.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:(Probably Warner and whomever produced the old show).

Exactly, eh? Warner Bros., she owns a the character of a the Batman, but a the 20th Century Fox, she owns a the show... anna never a the T'Wayne shall a meet, eh? Hehehehe...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Maui on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:04 pm

I've been thinking about getting the School House Rock 30th Anniversary. Loved that as a kid, still do.

I'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill, and I'm sitting here on capitol hill.
Maui
WoWie

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:26 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:(Probably Warner and whomever produced the old show).

Exactly, eh? Warner Bros., she owns a the character of a the Batman, but a the 20th Century Fox, she owns a the show... anna never a the T'Wayne shall a meet, eh? Hehehehe...

Not since THE HOBBIT... has there been a greater rights struggle!

I personally would love the following on dvd...

THE MAXX
TREMORS THE SERIES
MORTAL KOMBAT CONQUEST (i watched this as a teen, thought it was cool)
DINORIDERS
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby LaDracul on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:19 pm

Mr. Belvedere
Parker Lewis Can't Lose
Just the 10 of Us (Which I think will come when the episode of "Growing Pains" that introduces the Lubbock family is on DVD)

I'm also clamoring for the second season of "Fame" because of the "Wizard of OZ" episode being on it. :)
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:20 pm

LaDracul wrote:Mr. Belvedere
Parker Lewis Can't Lose
Just the 10 of Us (Which I think will come when the episode of "Growing Pains" that introduces the Lubbock family is on DVD)

I'm also clamoring for the second season of "Fame" because of the "Wizard of OZ" episode being on it. :)

I LOVE MR. BELVEDERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Re: Old TV Shows you want released on DVD

Postby LaDracul on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:29 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
LaDracul wrote:Mr. Belvedere
Parker Lewis Can't Lose

Well, on Amazon, they have it listed, but there's been no news of a definite release date.

I think "Ned and Stacey" is on DVD, and one of the episodes has "Mr. Belvedere" fan Ned hiring Christopher Hewitt for a commercial as his famous housekeeper...but the fact the builders screw up the kitchen set is the tip of the iceberg.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:31 pm

LaDracul wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:[quote ="LaDracul"]Mr. Belvedere
Parker Lewis Can't Lose

Well, on Amazon, they have it listed, but there's been no news of a definite release date.

I think "Ned and Stacey" is on DVD, and one of the episodes has "Mr. Belvedere" fan Ned hiring Christopher Hewitt for a commercial as his famous housekeeper...but the fact the builders screw up the kitchen set is the tip of the iceberg.[/quote]

Ned and Stacy was kinda crap, but I do remember watching that ep. I thought the running gag of hiring Tony Danza was funny as hell.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby TheButcher on Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:32 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:38 pm

i have extremely vague memories of this tv show from when i was a kid. i would love to actually see it now, i probably wouldn't remember a lick of it outside of maybe the title sequence (for some reason i remember something to do with a spider, tarantula or black widow or something) but it would be interesting to watch.

then again, the chances of this ever coming out on dvd are probably less than my chances of discovering an underground alien empire being run by dracula.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Previous

Return to Coaxial