LOST SEASON 2 (SPOILERS)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 31, 2006 5:15 pm

they should sentence her to house arrest, only, at my house.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Wed May 31, 2006 5:26 pm

Brocktune wrote:they should sentence her to house arrest, only, at my house.

Ah, so you bought that extra extra slippy soap then?
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Brocktune on Wed May 31, 2006 5:31 pm

lets just say i really dig chicks who know how to give it to me prison style.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed May 31, 2006 7:02 pm

God damn she's hot.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lady Sheridan on Wed May 31, 2006 8:43 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:I assume that they were picked because they look slightly Portugeuse, not because they look a tiny bit like Matthew Fox.

I actually thought it was more than a tiny bit. Once it was pointed out to me it was pretty dead-on. I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

I agree with Moo. I didn't notice it in the initial episode, but when I saw screen caps later...I thought it was him. Considering the furor it caused everywhere...you know they did it on purpose.

I wonder if they didn't tweak him a bit to look more like him. That nose looks awfully fake. :?
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby Pudie on Wed May 31, 2006 8:47 pm

Am I the only person who still doesnt see the resemblance? They both have black stuble. Whoopie. The dude on the phone has a completly different facial structure.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:28 am

...and to think that I was once dubbed "Word Prozac" (secretly brims with pride).....

Here's your one-stop shop for listing your Lost-related Top 5's, or 10's or whatever - here's a couple of mine, go gently with me for I'm only on Ep 5 of Season 2:

Top 5 Characters

1. John Locke (me um heap big suckass - but its true, too)
2. Sawyer
3. Jin
4. Eko
5. Hurley

Honourable Mention : Leslie Arzt

Top 5 Acting Talent

1. Daniel Dae Kim
2. Evangeline Lilly
3. Naveen Andrews
4. Dominic Monaghan
5. Terry O'Quinn

Honourable Mentions: Matthew Fox; Harold Perrineau; Michelle Rodrigues

Top 5 Flashback Narratives:

1. Sawyer
2. Kate
3. Hurley
4. Jin
5. Sun

Honourable Mentions: Jack, Sayid & Michael.
"I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades..."

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:57 am

Glad to see you accord Daniel Dae Kim a spot of honor on your list.
Guy just plain shows up in too many shows that I love ( 24, Angel, Spiderman2 etc) for it to be coincidence.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:05 am

Cheers Vic....I'm really growing to like that guy...and LOST is giving him a great chance to show off his full range...more so than a lot of the other principals in fact.

Throw in that he is US in background rather than Korean and I think he is really coming good. Naveen Andrews is pretty exceptional for similar reasons (heard Andrews' REAL voice? No wonder you US guys still tar us Brits with that affectionate Dick Van Dyke brush!! :wink: )

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:14 am

First saw Naveen Andrews in an English Mini-series 'Buddha of Suburbia' and then the English patient - and I find him a really compelling screen presence - can't help but think he's been a little under-used in the second half of season two - but I haven't watched the finale yet.
I don't agree with your top fives, but I think that's just testament to the great ensemble cast they have for this show

-best series since Twin Peaks for me-
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:17 am

I'd be amazed if anyone agrees with each others Top 5, such is the show's diversity! :)

Its the only show with an ensemble that doesn't have a single character that pisses me off....and I'm so curmodgeonly that that is as high a praise as I can think of! :D

Have a good weekend Tapehead dude....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:18 am

Cheers bloke, you too - and get a permanent 'net connection - these brief stop-ins won't do!!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:21 am

Tell me about it! Tchah! When will I meet that self-made millionairess :cry:

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:23 am

....yes, I dream of that woman who's coming to take me away from all this too.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:41 am

Top 5 Acting Talent? That's tough, but, let's see:

1. Terry O'Quinn
2. Naveen Andrews
3. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
4. Yunjin Kim
5. Matthew Fox

Narrowing it down to 5 was harder than I thought it would be. Most of the actors on the show are pretty capable.

Honorable mentions go to Michael Emerson and John (?) Terry, two recurring guest stars who PWN.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:50 am

Yeh - you've got it Ribbons :D I certainly mean no disrespect to the others not on my list....there's not one turkey amongst them IMO. People's choices should say more about them than the ones they go for eh? Its tough keeping to 5, hence the honourables....iuts like those bloody job interviews where you're given ten admirable qualities and told to list which is MOST important and which is LEAST. Its like...how am I gonna tell my potential boss I thik Timekeeping...or teamworking......or intelligence is not important?

(with my actions in the months that follow of course....but thats another story....)

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:52 am

Acting talent:

1 Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
2 Harold Perrineau
3 Daniel Dae Kim
4 Terry O'Quinn
5 Matthew Fox

Honourable mention - Yunjin Kim and Sam Anderson

Characters

1 Mr Eko
2 Jack (because of his flaws)
3 Locke
4 Jin/Sun - To hard to choose, a brilliant couple.
5 Sayid

Honourable mentions - Kate and Hurley

Flashbacks

1 Sayid
2 Locke
3 Charlie
4 Hurley
5 Sawyer

Honourable mentions Jin/Sun and Claire and Desmond
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:58 am

I'm actually digging on Desmo's flashback narrative a lot so far. Guess that makes sense since a lot of the show's mythology can be traced back to it. Hopefully we'll find out why he was dishonourably discharged from Her Majesty's Army someday.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:01 am

I had a friend who had a dishonourable discharge. Penicillin soon cleared it up tho.

Yup, thats enough from me then.... :lol:

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:20 am

oh yeah, and the girl that plays Claire? not so good.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:31 am

Heh...true. True. Love any line of hers that ends "....with Moiiii Bay-beeee". Christ, even Tazzies wince when she says that.....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:38 am

If Claire & her baby blimp get eaten by the nanite cloud, I will be buying the drinks.

Here's to cheering for the dingoes....

( was that over the top?)
The Vicar

Postby Doc Holliday on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:49 am

No...that was an arm-wrestling trucker movie with Sly......

.....and THAT really is enough for one week. I'm off to bitch-slap myself and seek new material....

Demetri Martin
Doc Holliday
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 am

Doc Holliday wrote:No...that was an arm-wrestling trucker movie with Sly......

.....and THAT really is enough for one week. I'm off to bitch-slap myself and seek new material....

Here - take this one with as you head out the door ( *** kludd *** ).

I am sorry I even accidentally mentioned a Sly Stallone film.

This smack in the head is for me ( *** kludd part 2 *** )
The Vicar

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm

okay, here's my top 5 list:

Top 5 Hottest Chicks on Lost:
1. Kate
2. Sun
3. Libby
4. Claire
5. Shannon (pre-death, i'm not a necrophile!)

honourable mention: alex rousseau (she'll make the list once she's a regular)
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Coheed_and_Cambria on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:30 pm

no, your not alone, i feel that yes, there are similar,

but i doubt it was done on purpose...

Now, the woman who Jack's father almost attacked if it wasn't for AnaL, she bore resemblence to Claire, but that was on purpose....
Jack being Claires half brother would be an intresting twist!
Coheed_and_Cambria
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:41 pm

Interesting point from the Official Lost podcast. Damon Lindeloff & Carlton Cuse were asked why the monster was largely dismissed from series 2. They commented:

"There is a good chance that you saw the monster this year, but just didn't realise you were looking at the monster."

Something else, which is comforting - "Our fundamental rule is that we don't introduce a something into the story until we know how it resolves".

And it definitely isn't Matthew Fox in the ice station.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't listen to the Lost podcasts, but here's a nice recap from Kristin at E! Online with some really juicy bits for Season Three:

Kristin from E! Online wrote:From qualie: Any more Lost scoop?
There's some good stuff in this week's Lost podcast. In case you missed it, we learned: We can't say for sure that Desmond survived the season finale, but we'll definitely be seeing him again (Let's hope Locke and Eko are just as lucky!). Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse said when the show comes back in September, we'll understand the consequences of Desmond triggering the hatch's fail-safe and what that means in terms of the island. Apparently, the island was only visible to the outside world for a spilt second, but it was also visible on September 22, 2004 when Flight 815 crashed, so we'll find out how that affects the storyline. It sounds like we'll be getting more Desmond flashbacks and we'll find out why the Others wanted Jack, Kate and Sawyer, but not Hurley. In the first six episodes we'll learn where and what the Others call home, how Jack got his tattoos, why Locke was in the wheelchair and more about the main characters and their relationships. Apparently, relationships will be more important than mythology in season three, although they also revealed that the four-toed statue represents the history and archeology of the island and that we'll find out what happened on the island pre-Dharma days. Apparently, there were other Others around before the 1970s. Oh, and one more thing: We will see the smoke monster again, and I'm not sure what this means, but they said there may have been instances where we saw the smoke monster in season two, but didn't realize that's what it was.

"Visible to the outside world," huh? What the hell does that make it?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:15 pm

there's a whole bunch of "whoa" in there...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Ribbons on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:23 pm

Kristin from E! Online wrote:We will see the smoke monster again, and I'm not sure what this means, but they said there may have been instances where we saw the smoke monster in season two, but didn't realize that's what it was.

Agh! People keep assuming this! I'm not 100% convinced that Lindelof and Cuse realize that people are referring to Smokey the Nanocloud when they ask about "the monster." So it's possible that this tease, tantalizing though it may be, will wind up being immensely disappointing when the writers reveal that the monster is... Smokey the Nanocloud! Surprise!

If the writers DO NOT mean teh mind-reading smoke cloud from "The 23rd Psalm" when they refer to that time we saw the monster but didn't realize we were looking at it, then my best (?) guess is that Locke's weird dream involving Yemi and Eko's weird dream involving the question mark have something to do with it.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:35 pm

Perhaps the smoke/nano cloud takes the shape of people. It would explain visions of dead people like Jack's Father and characters miles away like Walt..Kate's horse...Hurley seeing Dave..Who then conveniently vanish.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby sleepflower on Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:55 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Perhaps the smoke/nano cloud takes the shape of people. It would explain visions of dead people like Jack's Father and characters miles away like Walt..Kate's horse...Hurley seeing Dave..Who then conveniently vanish.

Never thought of that, completely plausible for lost.

Odd that the island has only been visible twice.

I think we all have assumed the same thing with the ice base. When she says we've found him, we all assume she means Desmond. Now we know people say he or she for their cars etc. Maybe for geological movements? Eathquakes? Hurricanes (Katrina)???

Now, does anyone know what her job was? Not sure I remmeber it saying.
The Noblest Pleasure is The Joy of Understanding
sleepflower
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Perhaps the smoke/nano cloud takes the shape of people. It would explain visions of dead people like Jack's Father and characters miles away like Walt..Kate's horse...Hurley seeing Dave..Who then conveniently vanish.

they totally can

you gotta read "Prey" by Michael Crichton. all will be explained.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:52 pm

I find myself constantly forgetting about or writing off the incidents where folks see people that shouldn't be there. I don't know why, but I seem to always reduce them to hallucinations or psychic manipulations rather than the thing/person actually being there. I don't know why I do that, but it's obviously one of the mysteries that needs to be explained somehow.

Are most of the opinion that freaky apparition Walt is a different thing than the apparitions of Jack's dad or Dave or the horse? Because I think I am. Though I don't know why.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Are most of the opinion that freaky apparition Walt is a different thing than the apparitions of Jack's dad or Dave or the horse? Because I think I am. Though I don't know why.

i am indeed of that opinion.

i am also of the opinion, that we will never ever find out what the fuck the deal was with walt's astral projection, now that both he and michael are gone.

fuckers.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:55 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

I find myself constantly forgetting about or writing off the incidents where folks see people that shouldn't be there. I don't know why, but I seem to always reduce them to hallucinations or psychic manipulations rather than the thing/person actually being there. I don't know why I do that, but it's obviously one of the mysteries that needs to be explained somehow.

Are most of the opinion that freaky apparition Walt is a different thing than the apparitions of Jack's dad or Dave or the horse? Because I think I am. Though I don't know why.

I am too, because of the talk of Walt being in places he isn't supposed to be...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:03 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

I think they are related to the cloud even more so with that quote that we may have been looking at the monster and not known it.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:15 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I think they are related to the cloud even more so with that quote that we may have been looking at the monster and not known it.

I like your thinking, good sir.

And Brock, I'm thinking we WILL find out what the deal with Walt was, just not through him. Once Jack, Kate and Sawyer go to Othersville, I'm betting we're gonna at least glimpse this "room" Mrs. Klugh spoke of. We'll probably see some of the other children they captured, as well as the tests they perform on them. And the unHenry or someone will explain why. I have faith.

Oh, and am I the only one who never connected that Cindy from the tail section was the sam flight attendant who served Jack his drink in the pilot? Someone mentioned that elsewhere, and I thought that was pretty great.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:58 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Oh, and am I the only one who never connected that Cindy from the tail section was the sam flight attendant who served Jack his drink in the pilot? Someone mentioned that elsewhere, and I thought that was pretty great.

Speaking of, I think I read somewhere that we're going to find out what happened to Cindy next season too. She sorta just disappeared in the middle of an episode last year. It'd be kind of cool if it turned out she was still alive. I don't know why, I just feel like she got a raw deal by being so unceremoniously dispatched. Then again, she did mess up by telling everyone that Goodwin was on the plane and Nathan wasn't...
Last edited by Ribbons on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Ribbons wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:Oh, and am I the only one who never connected that Cindy from the tail section was the sam flight attendant who served Jack his drink in the pilot? Someone mentioned that elsewhere, and I thought that was pretty great.

I think I read somewhere that we're going to find out what happened to Cindy next season too. She sorta just disappeared in the middle of an episode last year.

Yeah, it was in that episode when they were lugging Sawyer up that hill and all of a sudden she was gone. Then the whispers. Then Shannon.

Creepy stuff.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Ha, the whispers. I love the whispers. They're so creepy. I wonder if we're ever going to find out just how the Others do that. Then again I'm not sure I want to know.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:04 pm

If it turns out to be that the island has speakers piped through the whole thing and it's just jumbled up recorded voices, I'll put my foot through the TV.

But I bet it's something closer to what Xavier does to Wolverine in the first X-Men film: confusing psychic suggestions used to disorient them.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:35 pm

Or maybe they're whispering through filtered cones up in the trees just to freak people out before they swoop in for the kill (or kidnap or whatever).
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:02 pm

Check This Out

It's from the Lost Experience but I've stopped trying to keep up with that shit, too many rabbit holes.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby doglips on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:10 pm

John-Locke wrote:Check This Out

It's from the Lost Experience but I've stopped trying to keep up with that shit, too many rabbit holes.

Oh man, I should not have looked at that should I? I am only up to E4 episode transmissions.

Edit - then again I have no idea as to what is going on anyway!
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:14 pm

The Lost Experience is pretty much spoiler free if you have started season 2, it's mainly Dharma/Hanzo background.

Maybe a little bit of spoilage but nothing that is going to ruin it for you.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby doglips on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:17 pm

Oh good, I might go and have a look then.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:23 pm

Well it's hard to keep up with now, the Hanzo site where it all began has been shut down and most of the new stuff is found by looking through web code and bollocks like that.

I just had a peak at what I'd missed over the last month and that was the only thing that was worth having a look at.

you could go over to http://www.4815162342.com/forum/ and follow the ARG walk through but there may be serious spoilage there.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby doglips on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:26 pm

Cheers for the link John, I will abstain - don't want any big spoils, thanks for the info.
doglips
MOD FAIRY

Postby Conroy420 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:25 pm

There is a report on CHUD that Damon Lindelof has stated that after season four or five the show could be ended with a LOST MOVIE!

The show already displays big budget style, but with more money behind it, it could be something very very interesting.

Anyones thoughts?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial