LOST SEASON 2 (SPOILERS)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:43 pm

you are always treading a very fine line when making a movie of a tv show. i will withold judgement until after the next couple of seasons play out. it may be irrelevant if the show has totally jumped the shark by then.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:09 am

"Lost" could certainly be helped by increasing its budget; I've always felt that the imaginations of the writers exceeded the capabilities of the medium. Still not sure how I feel about it though.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Pudie on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:29 am

Fucking stupid. I dont wanna pay $10 to see how it ends. It's a TV show. End it as a TV show.

And then let greedy studios turn it into a movie in 20 years.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:58 am

I am going to be picking up Season 2 so I can give it a look.

I watched all of season 1 and loved it...but I bailed on season 2 after like episode 6. However, knowing the Jeph Loeb was brought on as a consultant makes me think I should give it a shot.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:25 am

Looks like JJ is coming back to the show in a bigger way than expected.

YAY!
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:53 am

Cool news indeed! On the whole, I think I preferred Season 2. It was never gonna have the impact of the first few episodes of S1, but I thought the ending was frickin awesome, so I gave the series an 8 out of ten, like lots of people....
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:22 am

I was kinda harsh on season 2 when it ended. Looking back with rose-colored glasses, I think I'd probably have liked to have given it about an 8. But I'm looking forward to JJ's coming back to the show. I'm glad to hear he's still involved.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Spartan on Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:25 am

hmm I believe (if this is real, my sources say it is), you would call this; http://www.magnushanso.com/ a bombshell.
Spartan
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:49 am

Huntingdonshire?

I think it's just someone trying to link in Huntingdon Life Sciences.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:34 am

Anyword from the Lost panel at comic con?

What was discussed? Shown?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:12 pm

I don't think anything major was revealed. I think they were flogging the new DVD.

The showrunners said that Lost was intended to be a 4-5 series arc ending with a feature length movie.

And hansoexposed.com part of the Lost Experience was started.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:48 pm

Conroy420 wrote:Anyword from the Lost panel at comic con?

they prety much covered it all already over at the MAIN SITE

but it was nothing too major. except for the part where they said that the black cloud is NOT a swarm of nanoparticles, as i previously believed.

they also said that nobody is a clone, and that there will be no clones.

then some dumb bitch got up and tried to be funny, talking some shit about alvar hanso being real and evil. but it was really just a weak excuse to plug her stupid website, and her douchebag friends. it was lame.

i think jin spoke once during the entire thing.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:53 pm

Brocktune wrote:then some dumb bitch got up and tried to be funny, talking some shit about alvar hanso being real and evil. but it was really just a weak excuse to plug her stupid website, and her douchebag friends. it was lame.

She was the actress from the Lost Experience, the one that's supposed to be investigating Hanso.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:01 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
Brocktune wrote:then some dumb bitch got up and tried to be funny, talking some shit about alvar hanso being real and evil. but it was really just a weak excuse to plug her stupid website, and her douchebag friends. it was lame.

She was the actress from the Lost Experience, the one that's supposed to be investigating Hanso.

wait, so you mean the whole thing was really a work?
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:18 pm

Brocktune wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

wait, so you mean the whole thing was really a work?

I believe it was all part of the expanded Lost universe, yes. 'Twas an act.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:38 pm

wow. i never would have guessed that it was an angle. those guys, lindelhoff and cuse, they actually seemed pretty pissed off about the whole thing. and the whole crowd totally turned on her. what an act!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:41 pm

Hmm, well, I'm not familiar with the Lost Experience, so I'm not sure how official it all is. Or, at least, how official she is. There's an interview with her supposedly following her outburst at the panel HERE. It's pretty canned, but in case you're interested.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Yes she's an actress. She's playing a character called Rachel Blake, an annoying conspiracy theorist woman trying to break into the Hanso Foundation.

If you look in the "The Lost Experience" thread, a few of us have known about this for a while.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:14 pm

hmmm.

upon reading that article, i would like to state for the record that i stand behind my original statement.

although i would like to add that she is kind of cute. too bad she wasnt funny.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Conroy420 wrote:Anyword from the Lost panel at comic con?

they prety much covered it all already over at the MAIN SITE

Time may not be passing on the island at the same rate as off the island. The question was asked about the amount of time that has passed on the island in the first two seasons at which point Damon interrupted and said that's assuming that time is passing on the island at the same rate that it is in the outside world. That produced audible gasps from the audience and the two actors on stage had shocked looks on their faces. Damon continued to talk about the concept of the passage of time at which point Carlton Cuse interrupted him asking if he wanted to reveal that much so Damon just left it at that.

A thought occurs. This is probably how they're going to account for Walt's growth spurt.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:48 pm

OK. MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS

The meaning behind the numbers has been revealed.

I've been following the Lost Experience the past couple of weeks. And what's going on right now is we're peacing together the original Dharma orientation video. Which is hosted by an unamed man we've dubbed "Mr. Beardy" (cause he has a beard...get it?). But rumor has, once the video is complete, we'll learn that he is actually Alavar Hanso.

Anyway...the numbers. They are (shrunk for spoiler purposes)

During the Cold War and after the Bay of Pigs, the UN commissioned the production of an equation, known as the Valenzetti Equation, that would accurately predict the exact number of years and months before humanity extinguishes itself.

The latest clip from the orientation video shows a man writing the Valenzetti Equation on a chalk board. We see him write 4 and 8 before the clip ends.

If you think this assumption might be jumping the gun, ABC announced last week that the Lost Experience would reveal the secret behind the numbers. So.....yup. That be it.

I'll admit. This truth doesnt suck. Though, just as a fan of good, dramatic television, I wish they'd kept the show on the show...know what I mean?
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:53 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:OK. MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS

The meaning behind the numbers has been revealed.

I've been following the Lost Experience the past couple of weeks. And what's going on right now is we're peacing together the original Dharma orientation video. Which is hosted by an unamed man we've dubbed "Mr. Beardy" (cause he has a beard...get it?). But rumor has, once the video is complete, we'll learn that he is actually Alavar Hanso.

Anyway...the numbers. They are (shrunk for spoiler purposes)

During the Cold War and after the Bay of Pigs, the UN commissioned the production of an equation, known as the Valenzetti Equation, that would accurately predict the exact number of years and months before humanity extinguishes itself.

The latest clip from the orientation video shows a man writing the Valenzetti Equation on a chalk board. We see him write 4 and 8 before the clip ends.

If you think this assumption might be jumping the gun, ABC announced last week that the Lost Experience would reveal the secret behind the numbers. So.....yup. That be it.

I'll admit. This truth doesnt suck. Though, just as a fan of good, dramatic television, I wish they'd kept the show on the show...know what I mean?

Rather cool, but I agree. As much as I like multi-platform storytelling, I wish this reveal had been done on the show.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:59 pm

I figure some more of it still has to be explained, dunnit? I mean... sure, it explains the origins of the numbers, but not how they're so unlucky or what entering them into the hatch has to do with anything.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:03 pm

Ribbons wrote:I figure some more of it still has to be explained, dunnit? I mean... sure, it explains the origins of the numbers, but not how they're so unlucky or what entering them into the hatch has to do with anything.

Definitely. I was just hoping the big reveal of what they are would come along with why they're EVERYWHERE.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:05 pm

Ribbons wrote:I figure some more of it still has to be explained, dunnit? I mean... sure, it explains the origins of the numbers, but not how they're so unlucky or what entering them into the hatch has to do with anything.

Well...

It's also been revealed that the Valenzetti Equation isn't really an equation. So it's assumed that the numbers are either the date and time of mankinds extinction...or the amount of time left until mankinds extinction. So it could be like 42 years, 4 months, 15 days, etc etc....

Also...I think the Dharma stuff is strictly the science half of the show. We still haven't dealt with the mystery behind the island, which is obviously a natural occurence...at least for it's electromagnetic energy. We've been told that Dharma is just the latest of things to happen on this island. The island was there long before Dharma was.

My theory...the island is the Garden of Eden. The skeletons are "Adam and Eve." And the smoke monster is the "angel" set to guard it. And Dharma has gone to this place, the (spiritual) beginning of the world to try and (scientifically) stop the end of the world.

Which will tie together their big theme of faith vs. science.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:13 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:My theory...the island is the Garden of Eden. The skeletons are "Adam and Eve." And the smoke monster is the "angel" set to guard it. And Dharma has gone to this place, the (spiritual) beginning of the world to try and (scientifically) stop the end of the world.

:shock:

Holy sweet Jesus... That would be AMAZING.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:16 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
The Ginger Man wrote:My theory...the island is the Garden of Eden. The skeletons are "Adam and Eve." And the smoke monster is the "angel" set to guard it. And Dharma has gone to this place, the (spiritual) beginning of the world to try and (scientifically) stop the end of the world.

:shock:

Holy sweet Jesus... That would be AMAZING.

You hear that, Hollywood? Hint, hint, nudge, nudge...
Last edited by The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:17 pm

Better hope Damon & Carlton don't know about this board... or have that theory planned... because if they do, it'll be scrubbed and they'll rack their brains for a new one.

S2 wise... for me it gets a 4.

2x01... 2x10... 2x15... 2x21 were great. The rest were decent (e.g. 2x16) to utter shite (2x02). Didn't get into the Button storyline... hate Dharma... feel they've effectively castrated Locke and replaced him with Ecko (why... no fucking clue) and the whole failsafe key thing with Desmond makes less sense the more I think it through.

When it was good, it was fantastic. But it wasn't fantastic enough to justify the way that The Others lost all their mystery, Locke lost his cool, and Jack/Kate/Sawyer's relationship got more air-time than Claire.
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:21 pm

Chilli wrote:When it was good, it was fantastic. But it wasn't fantastic enough to justify the way that The Others lost all their mystery, Locke lost his cool, and Jack/Kate/Sawyer's relationship got more air-time than Claire.

So says you.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:25 pm

Yes. So says me. Hence me typing it, and not you.

I'm not looking to pick a fight, but what I saw during S2 was a great character (Claire) being minimalised so a shitty love-triangle that I could give a rat's ass about could drag on... and on... and on.

Yes. I'm bitter. Can you tell?
Bison: [to his architect] The temple above us was the wonder of the ancient world. Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:28 pm

Yes, what we needed was more "Chaaaaaaaaaaalie, the dingo stole my baaaaaaabaaay!"

And I'm a Claire fan.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 pm

I don't feel like the Others lost their mystery. To me, we're still very much in the dark about who they are and why they do the things they do. We've been given more information than we originally had in Season 1, but I like their subplot more now than I did then. I know it's all opinions, and you're entitled to it, this is just my rebuttal.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 pm

claire is hot.

im holding my breath for a double penetration sequence featuring claire this season.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:30 pm

I'm still holding out for that Vincent flashback episode...
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Dude, I don't think anyone hates Charlie more than me... but I'd rather see him and Claire interact than witness another scene where Matthew Fox and EL share some 'awkward' chemistry... and by 'awkward' I mean non-existent anti-chemistry that's so warm it'd freeze a cat.

Lost can easily please me. Just have two characters go off into The Jungle, do something cool, (not including Jack) and have escapades.

Which made me look forward to the finale, till Jack/Kate tagged along with Hurley, and Michael/Sawyer were struggling to bring the performance levels to a solid standard - and to top it all off Sawyer doesn't even to get into a fight with Zeke, the cowardly Lion... gah!
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:34 pm

Ribbons wrote:I don't feel like the Others lost their mystery. To me, we're still very much in the dark about who they are and why they do the things they do. We've been given more information than we originally had in Season 1, but I like their subplot more now than I did then. I know it's all opinions, and you're entitled to it, this is just my rebuttal.

By mystery I meant being cool... dangerous... eerie... not people with names like Tom and Bea who wear fake clothing to give the appeal of being poor and rather sad foes.

I mean Ethan was creepy. Goodwin was creepy. Fake Henry was creepy when they gave up the whole 'Is he an Other?' storyline and just accepted that he was... even Zeke was creepy with the whole 'Give us da boy'... but now they just strike me as normal people performing a dinner party version of 'Lord of The Flies.'

And this is from a guy who dug them up to 2x15.

ETA - And I respect the opinions, and like to think I've been courteous to point out I did like some of S2, so it's not blind hate. More bitter disappointment.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 pm

Chilli wrote:Yes. So says me. Hence me typing it, and not you.

I'm not looking to pick a fight, but what I saw during S2 was a great character (Claire) being minimalised so a shitty love-triangle that I could give a rat's ass about could drag on... and on... and on.

Yes. I'm bitter. Can you tell?

Also not trying to pick a fight. I'll preceed my comment with a ;-) so you know I'm engaging in friendly conversation.

I'm just waiting for Claire to yell out "Chaaaawlie! Dingos ate my baaaaybe!" She's a joke character. She wasn't minimalised. She just had nothing else to do. She was pregnant, then kidnapped, then she gave birth, then her baby was kidnapped. She wasnt developed any further than being pregnant and kidnappable. "Being pregnant" has evolved to "raising baby." And the "kidnapping thing" has evolved to her "remember being kidnapped" and "fearing her baby will be kidnapped again." They did everything they could with her in season 2. She's pretty one-note.

Not saying the other characters are rich, complex fields of character development. But I do find that how much I enjoy Lost has a connection to how little Claire is on screen.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:36 pm

Chilli wrote:Dude, I don't think anyone hates Charlie more than me... but I'd rather see him and Claire interact than witness another scene where Matthew Fox and EL share some 'awkward' chemistry... and by 'awkward' I mean non-existent anti-chemistry that's so warm it'd freeze a cat.

Lost can easily please me. Just have two characters go off into The Jungle, do something cool, (not including Jack) and have escapades.

Which made me look forward to the finale, till Jack/Kate tagged along with Hurley, and Michael/Sawyer were struggling to bring the performance levels to a solid standard - and to top it all off Sawyer doesn't even to get into a fight with Zeke, the cowardly Lion... gah!

So... many... problems...

As for the non-chemistry between Jack and Kate, tell that to my boner from when they got caught up in that net. That was teh hottness.

Too much?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:37 pm

Chilli wrote:Just have two characters go off into The Jungle, do something cool, (not including Jack) and have escapades.

do we have another jack hater in the house?

if the answer is "yes", then welcome to the club, chilli. it will be nice to have you aboard for season three.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:41 pm

This numbers reveal isn't too big, I mean there's still lots to be answered and to the poster who had his theory bein the garden of eden, that'd be pretty fucking sweet.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:42 pm

I post my most powerful bitterness elsewhere, but I'll be sure to pop in here with a four line sum-up of each ep.

MasterWhedon - you like the show. I don't. Problem solved. 8)

Brock - I hate Jack... Charlie... Kate... the lack of sexual chemistry between Kate/Jack... Rose... Hurley (I forgot the blankets)... Fake Henry... Ecko

Like Sayid... Sawyer... Jin... Sun... S1 Locke.

Oh, and any episode with Ethan in gets an A+. The guy who plays him rocks the creepy.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Chilli wrote:MasterWhedon - you like the show. I don't. Problem solved. 8)

No, no, no... See, as President of Jack's Knob Squad, it's my duty to make EVERYONE in the world fall in love with Lost, and, moreover, Jack.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

No, no, no... See, as President of Jack's Knob Squad, it's my duty to make EVERYONE in the world fall in love with Lost, and, moreover, Jack.

He's not joking, Chilli. Beware the ZZZZACKT!
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:49 pm

The Ginger Man wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

He's not joking, Chilli. Beware the ZZZZACKT!

Zack Morris?

He'd rock on this show. Come up with stupid schemes and get the shit kicked out of him by Locke.

MasterWhedon... a good actor couldn't make me like Jack at this point.

As for Lost... eh, I've seen worse... but seeing how awesome S1 was and seeing how lame S2 was has kinda hurt my love.

Rewatching 1x17 '... In Translation' confirms this. Amazing ep.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:50 pm

Chilli wrote:Brock - I hate Jack...

yes
yessssss

your hatred warms my blackened heart!

MasterWhedon wrote:No, no, no... See, as President of Jack's Knob Squad, it's my duty to make EVERYONE in the world fall in love with Lost, and, moreover, Jack.

you will never make me submit. NEVER!!!!!

KNOB SQUAD MUST DIE!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Ginger Man on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:51 pm

I'll be honest...Zack Morris appearing on the island, starting a scheme to have himself named Beach Prom King, and then being gutted by a bitter, faithlorn Locke.....

That would be beautiful.
The Ginger Man
Hong Kong Drizzle

Postby Brocktune on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:52 pm

Chilli wrote:Zack Morris?

He'd rock on this show. Come up with stupid schemes and get the shit kicked out of him by Locke.

Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:53 pm

It'd only work if he showed up with Kelly Kapowski in tow, so Jack could steal her away like the pimp he is.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Chilli on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Heh. Screech as a Head Other

Screech: ZOOOOOOOOOINK
Tom: You heard him. Kill the studly one.

That came out of nowhere.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Ribbons on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Chilli wrote:Just have two characters go off into The Jungle, do something cool, (not including Jack) and have escapades.

do we have another jack hater in the house?

if the answer is "yes", then welcome to the club, chilli. it will be nice to have you aboard for season three.

I'll take this opportunity to re-post this gem from Brocktune:

Brocktune wrote:jack once again stayed true to character by being a complete Struggling Background Artist. i couldnt stand watching him talk to eko like he talks to locke. i wanted to see eko stand up and be like, "who the fuck do you think you're talking to, you little bitch," and bring that big fucking stick of his down on jack's head, busting it open like an overripe melon.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial