SNL Sui... Most Forgettable SNL Cast Member

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Who Is The Most Forgettable SNL Cast Member Of All Times?

Terry Sweeny
No votes
Danitra Vance
36%
Denny Dillon
27%
Gary Kroeger
9%
Charles Rocket
9%
Anthony Michael Hall
9%
Tim "Sweetchuck" Kazurinsky
No votes
Robin Duke
No votes
Mary Gross
No votes
Pamela Stevenson
9%
Brad Hall
No votes

Total votes : 11

SNL Sui... Most Forgettable SNL Cast Member

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:13 pm

Charles Rocket cut his own throat.
you can read about it here
wow, im stunned. i always liked him, even though he always played an asshole. i remember seeing him in "It's Pat" the movie, and going "Charles Rocket?!?! man its good to see him get work. he was one of the 90 percent of the SNL cast members from between 1980 and 1988 to not get any work after they left the show. he had a great voice too. damn shame. RIP, Charles Rocket
Last edited by Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:17 pm

DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:24 pm

holy shit, i feel like such a retard. i just found out from my boss five minutes before i posted this. i guess thats what i get for leaving the zone when i leave work. what a hard lesson to learn.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:33 pm

ive got an idea
time for an edit.....
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:46 pm

damnit. i added Sandler to the bottom of the list, but the fucking thing cut it off. he gets my original vote, because he sucks. but my real vote is for A.M. Hall. it seems to me, that the show was suffering the worst ratings of all time, and in an attempt to get ratings back, they brought in "ringers" like randy quaid, robert downey jr, and anthony michael hall. that really pissed me off, because it smacked of desperation, and those were the worst years the show ever saw. but, it gave way to the hiring of Lovitz, Carvey, Hartmann, and Miller, who in my opinion took the show to a peak that they havent seen since, especially considering that that fucking show is in the goddamned toilet now. they say its always darkest before the dawn.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:05 pm

i voted danitra vance, because she(?) was the only person on the list that prompted this reaction, "WHO?!"

so, i figured, she(?) was the most forgettable, because clearly i've forgotten her(?).
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:06 pm

and she's dead.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:06 pm

I voted for Vance as well, because I don't even remember ever hearing that name, let alone seeing her on SNL at any given point.

EDIT - And, apparently, she's dead.
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby bluebottle on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:17 pm

RIP Danitra Vance, whoever you were.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:26 pm

According to IMDB, she was apparently either a maid or a hooker...

"Was so frustrated with being typecast as maids and hookers that she quit SNL after only one season (1985-86)" - IMDB Biography.
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Flumm on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:32 pm

There should be some movie that makes an artistic statement about how shallow, fickle and merciless showbusiness can be, and how ultimately the persuit of fame is a futile venture for the misguided, trapped in a society that is fundementally incapable of providing a means of happiness for the complexities of the human spirit...

....oh wait, isn't that Showgirls?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:35 pm

Flumm wrote:There should be some movie that makes an artistic statement about how shallow, fickle and merciless showbusiness can be, and how ultimately the persuit of fame is a futile venture for the misguided, trapped in a society that is fundementally incapable of providing a means of happiness for the complexities of the human spirit...

....oh wait, isn't that Showgirls?

Wait.... There was a plot to Showgirls besides Jessie Spano nudity and lesbianic kisses?
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby bluebottle on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:39 pm

thomasgaffney wrote:Wait.... There was a plot to Showgirls besides Jessie Spano nudity and lesbianic kisses?

LIES!

Wait-

I seem to remember a plot... She was a... showgirl?

Maybe he's telling the truth.

I'll watch it again, and let you know.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:43 pm

Now that you mention it, there were definitely girls (naked ones!) and I think there was a show too. She might have been a show-girl... I'll have to watch it tonight and not fast forward through the non-nude scenes.
Last edited by thomasgaffney on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Flumm on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:44 pm

Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:46 pm

The truly forgettable and forgotten SNL cast are, with Charles Rocket, most of the Jean "Ayatollah" Doumanian cast of 1980. The Ayatollah's stewardship didn't even last a full season, and most of the cast left with her. She, and they, were fired as the show actually stopped production while the loathsome Dick Ebersol retooled.

Denny Dillon
Yvonne Hudson
Mitchell Kriegman
Matthew Laurance
Gail Matthius
Laurie Metcalf
Ann Risley
Patrick Weathers

Doumanian also brought us the less forgettable Gilbert Gottfried and Joe Piscopo and the unforgettable Eddie Murphy, whom she relegated to "black guy" and supporting roles until his breakout as "Little Richard Simmons".
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:54 pm

Denny Dillon... the female Don Rickles, eh? Iffa you watch her inna HBO's Dream On, you know what I a mean, eh?

Image Image
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Flumm on Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:55 pm

Wow Dennis, at least someone around here knows what they are talking about. I mean one of these schmucks brought up Showgirls for crying out loud.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Flumm wrote:Wow Dennis, at least someone around here knows what they are talking about. I mean one of these schmucks brought up Showgirls for crying out loud.

I remembered Rocket, Dillon, Piscopo, Gottfried, and Murphy, but IMDb helps so much with the really minor cast members. Ann Risley was a cool blonde, trying to be Jane Curtin. Rocket was supposed to be part Chevy and part Murray, handsome but edgy. Gail Matthius tried to fuse Gilda's goofiness and Lorraine's unusual looks. She didn't. All the major players were supposed to be kind of like someone from the old cast.

It was a sad, sad four months. I remember watching a show with Malcolm MacDowel and being astonished at how bad an entire episode could be. The first five years of SNL had some real stinkers, but I cannot remember seeing a single decent gag. Of course, in recent years this has been common.
Last edited by DennisMM on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:15 pm

DennisMM wrote:The truly forgettable and forgotten SNL cast are, with Charles Rocket, most of the Jean "Ayatollah" Doumanian cast of 1980. The Ayatollah's stewardship didn't even last a full season, and most of the cast left with her. She, and they, were fired as the show actually stopped production while the loathsome Dick Ebersol retooled.

Denny Dillon
Yvonne Hudson
Mitchell Kriegman
Matthew Laurance
Gail Matthius
Laurie Metcalf
Ann Risley
Patrick Weathers

Doumanian also brought us the less forgettable Gilbert Gottfried and Joe Piscopo and the unforgettable Eddie Murphy, whom she relegated to "black guy" and supporting roles until his breakout as "Little Richard Simmons".

man, wtf happened to piscopo? after those miller lite commercials that spoofed the f@t boys, he had that one hbo comedy hour where he had his piss tested for steroids, and then that was it. you never heard from him again. as i recall, his popularity was second only to eddie murphy's.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:17 pm

It's a potently sad thing when an idea, or a formally great show is forced to limp on due to a lack of perspective by the people involved.

One of the most suprising and refreshing things in popular comedy recently, was Gervais and Merchant choosing to end The Office at 2 short seasons and a special.

If you take Britains other big comedy phenomenon of late, Little Brittain, and you see how Mat Lucas and David Walliams are absoloutely flogging the entire thing to death with over exposure and tacky merchanding, it adds a lot of punch to the less is more arguement...
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:19 pm

DennisMM wrote: Of course, in recent years this has been common.

i heard that
far too common. i think Lorne Michaels is enjoying his premature (and dubious, i might add) status as an icon just a little too much. he needs to get back in touch with the things that put him there.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Agent Alonzo on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:10 pm

Brocktune wrote:man, wtf happened to piscopo? after those miller lite commercials that spoofed the f@t boys, he had that one hbo comedy hour where he had his piss tested for steroids, and then that was it. you never heard from him again. as i recall, his popularity was second only to eddie murphy's.

He had cancer, and dropped out of showbusiness for a while. Same kinda thing with Dana Carvey, he had heart problems and couldn't work for a few years, and Hollywood forgets who you are...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Return to Coaxial