watching Siskel & Ebert's original broadcast of ROTJ

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

watching Siskel & Ebert's original broadcast of ROTJ

Postby Headgeek on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:11 pm

WOW - this is awesome. I miss Siskel... but goddamn it's weird looking at the old set - I haven't seen a S&E since Gene died, so weird that I held that chair for 5 shows.

This is a great, the entire episode is dedicated to the "Success of the STAR WARS trilogy" the Saturday before the Wednesday that Jedi opened. God I remember watching this when I was 9. GOD this is so fucking cool! A LASER DISC COMMERCIAL!!!! For RCA's LASERDISC PLAYER!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Ebert's hair is fucking terrible - and those glasses are ridiculous... damn, I never thought about it, but my terrible high school glasses - I picked based on EBERT. No wonder I looked like a fucking dork.

Cool - they're showing how THE SEARCHERS was a forebearer of JEDI. Cool! Cool they compare ZAXXON's graphics to STAR WARS! ahahahaha... Classic.
Headgeek
AICN Crew

Postby thomasgaffney on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:12 pm

Do you have this on tape or is this playing on some channel?
find me: twitter and goodreads
find my book: amazon and apple and barnes & noble
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:13 pm

It's playing in his head, the sick bastard!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:14 pm

Hehe... the Dino, he remember seeing S&E do a the review for a the "Halloween" anna they warn everyone: "This a movie, she is a not for a the squeamish, eh?" But a they did give it a the thumbs uppa, iffa the Dino remembers...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:17 pm

link please Harold!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:18 pm

link please Harold!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby ThisIsTheGirl on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:25 pm

Pretty much the only thing I liked about AOTC was the references to The Searchers.

George certainly puts some great references in his movies!

PS - Ha<i></i>rry, Bird Flu has just hit Europe - we could do with you and your shotgun!
ThisIsTheGirl
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:26 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:Pretty much the only thing I liked about AOTC was the references to The Searchers.

George certainly puts some great references in his movies!

PS - Ha<i></i>rry, Bird Flu has just hit Europe - we could do with you and your shotgun!

...or some good recipes for chicken.
Last edited by Flumm on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Headgeek on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:31 pm

it's on a specially made DVD that a friend made for me. It's part of a 8 dvd set of extras. Just watched a Maria Shriver interview with Mark Hamill, SNEAK PREVIEWS, news broadcasts, toy commercials,20/20 interview with John Williams
Headgeek
AICN Crew

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:33 pm

Jesus, how much geekness can one cram into a digital versatile disk?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Flumm on Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:44 pm

ThisIsTheGirl wrote:
thomasgaffney wrote:Speaking of disappeared Zoners, I wonder what ever happened to PVIII.....

I've asked that several times over the last two months, and never get even a hint, so I guess nobody knows. It's a shame though - I thought he was very funny........

Flumm wrote:I think it would be a good idea, that once you reach a certain number of posts, that you chose you're own rank. For instance once you hit Toshiro Lucas, you would get the option to change in you're profile. Or would that be too much?

I think this was mooted in the first few weeks of The Zone being open, there's a thread somewhere called "phantom zoner rank names" or something like that. At one time, there was a plan that, when the Zone was officially open to the public, everyone who had more than 100 posts by that point would be given the rank name "first" - which I thought was kind of genius, but then Doc lost/quit his job, and we haven't heard shit about it since. Sorry dude, I have to leave work soon, otherwise I'd link it for you.

I think there must be a considerable amount of confusion over what to do with the zone backstage at AICN, because presumably they don't wanna go public until they have mods and admin etc - and I think it's fair to say that they would prefer not to have to pay anyone for this - so I expect that this place won't go public now until the new year, which is great for all of us, but will make it all the more difficult when those floodgates finally do open!

Hey Harry, I'm thinking the floodgates are gonna open pretty soon though right? I only bring this up because there's a PZ reference on the KISS KISS BANG BANG thread (which if is as good as you and everyone is telling me, I have to make a priority) and it seems in general as if more and more people are discovering this place.

Have you got anything planned for a big opening or anything?
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Headgeek on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:17 pm

WOW - there's this TV MAKING OF STAR WARS that I've never seen that's an hour long - just fucking awesome. SOOOO Much more behind the scenes footage. Like this Crane shot showing how they did the land speeder arriving at Uncle Owens to find it all shot up. ACK - showing the stop motion tests of the chess scene. WOW WOW WOW!!! Harrison on a boat talking about his relationship with Chewie is one of him with a more helpful dog.
Headgeek
AICN Crew

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:18 pm

Ok ok, we're jealous, Grande Rojo, we're jealous!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Re: watching Siskel & Ebert's original broadcast of ROTJ

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Headgeek wrote: Cool they compare ZAXXON's graphics to STAR WARS! ahahahaha... Classic.

oh sweet! Zaxxon! olde skool gaming rulez!!!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Headgeek wrote:it's on a specially made DVD that a friend made for me. It's part of a 8 dvd set of extras. Just watched a Maria Shriver interview with Mark Hamill, SNEAK PREVIEWS, news broadcasts, toy commercials,20/20 interview with John Williams

Wow, I'd pay a lot of money for that.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby WinslowLeach on Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 pm

Yeah? So what? Im watching the Siskel and Ebert episode where they reviewed Howard The Duck! BADDABOOM!
WinslowLeach
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:58 am

I remember that show. Siskel said something about watching the speeder-bike scene like a little kid *resting his chin on on his hand in wonder like a wide-eyed boy* I remember the TRON review too. They really liked it....Ebert saying he would be imagining Tron-people everytime he got on the computer. In fact, it was the only movie they liked on that episode as I recall. "Tron is the big-one" they raved.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:06 am

Headgeek wrote: Harrison on a boat talking about his relationship with Chewie is one of him with a more helpful dog.

Is that the one where he says "I liked it *with his hands* this much"?
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:14 am

Flumm wrote:Hey Grande Rojo, I'm thinking the floodgates are gonna open pretty soon though right? I only bring this up because there's a PZ reference on the KISS KISS BANG BANG thread (which if is as good as you and everyone is telling me, I have to make a priority) and it seems in general as if more and more people are discovering this place.

Have you got anything planned for a big opening or anything?

Heh, nobody even noticed the PZ ref. I would have been.. "wtf is a PZ Harry?" ....right over their heads.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:15 am

WinslowLeach wrote:Yeah? So what? Im watching the Siskel and Ebert episode where they reviewed Howard The Duck! BADDABOOM!

As the Dino would say, that´s a Grade-A material a there, eh?
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Re: watching Siskel & Ebert's original broadcast of ROTJ

Postby Wolfpack on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 am

How do you like that? Harry used to be a Zoner.
"Alright Shaggy - you and Scooby head over that way. The girls and I will go this way."
Wolfpack
AIRWOLF

Return to Coaxial