The Good Life

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

The Good Life

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:51 am

Like my Bruce Lee thread I want to create a place where the love can be shared for this great british sit-com. Especially for Richard Briars and the loverly oh so best MILF ever (and she doesn't even have kids in this, unless you count her goat or pig) and no I don't mean Penelope Keith, I am refering to the dreamy gravelly voiced girl of my teenage dreams who's name alone makes me pitch a four man trouser tent. Yup, Felicity Kendal. Oh, wow, just typing her name did incredibly erotic things to my very fibre, my essence spiked like a diagram on a rickter scale during a nasty little initial sign of an earth tremor. Hot yeah. Now if I ever was to stalk a lady, she would (she's getting on a bit now), have been the one and the fact that she is so damn kinky, which lurks tantilisingly beneath the surface, would make any chance worthwhile.

THE GOOD LIFE

Oh man, does anyone remember the episode, where she is in her nighty and reaches over to kiss Richard, something I really don't mind as he is such a top bloke allround when he's not being all slightly misogynistic. Plus, he also does the greatest version of Ratty's voice from Wind in the Willows, ever. Anyway, she reaches over in her nighty, and lordy there's her hot dangling pair revealed on T.V at 6.30 in the evening. This sit-com is great.

magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Agent Alonzo on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:55 am

Called Good Neighbors in the US for some long lost reason. I would certainly have hit it, but then, as has been noted before, I should not be a yardstick on judging such matters, as I would have hit the goat...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:57 am

Off topic, but The Good Life is a great band...
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:00 am

Good Neighbours? GOOD neighbours? Urgh. Its quaint enough without a title like that. Still, am pleased that other nations shared the delight of this show. Feel a bit bad now I know that Felicity Kendal shared herself with other nations.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:01 am

Adam could you PM me the message you made that got deleted? Just curious...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Adam Balm on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:06 am

Oh, I was just suggesting that with Philippa Boyens losing weight, there's something I'd like to see her put in her mouth...a multi-vitamin. Because adequate nutrition is most important during restrictive diets. Take care of your health, lads. The body fuels the mind.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby magicmonkey on Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:09 am

Tee hee. In a thread about Felicity Kendal too.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:13 pm

Come on people, show your respects!
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Lupe on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:26 pm

I wrote a poem years ago about that show...
I managed to dig it up from my Documents file.

Your picture
Hangs on my wall
And reminds me of the time
When you told me I was hung
it was a good life
you were my organic farm wife
and I was Richard briers
Tom Good to your good wife

Marrow love life
I bought you a goat
It chewed holes in your sofa
I super charged the mower
To take you to the grocer of happiness
I showed you a carrot
And the rude shape
Just reminds me you're gone

Oh those flowers appear round my name
Then those flowers appear round your name
Then a dove comes around
And swallows up
Our good life

I never believed
That a Margo could take me in
Or a jerry could make you beg and bark
But when I saw him whip you like that
It tore me apart

( I think it was after the episode when they start flirting with Margo and Jerry and induced that whole middle England wife swapping scene thing )
Lupe
REAL DRAGON

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:32 pm

Lupe wrote:I wrote a poem years ago about that show...
I managed to dig it up from my Documents file.

Your picture
Hangs on my wall
And reminds me of the time
When you told me I was hung
it was a good life
you were my organic farm wife
and I was Richard briers
Tom Good to your good wife

Marrow love life
I bought you a goat
It chewed holes in your sofa
I super charged the mower
To take you to the grocer of happiness
I showed you a carrot
And the rude shape
Just reminds me you're gone

Oh those flowers appear round my name
Then those flowers appear round your name
Then a dove comes around
And swallows up
Our good life

I never believed
That a Margo could take me in
Or a jerry could make you beg and bark
But when I saw him whip you like that
It tore me apart

( I think it was after the episode when they start flirting with Margo and Jerry and induced that whole middle England wife swapping scene thing )

Lupe from your very first post I knew you were a good 'un. That is excellent. This show brought middle england to one big climax. And many a small one from me over Felicity. We have a thread for poetry, I'll compose my own and post it both here and there. Peace.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:40 pm

No! No! NO! We're not talking about the bloody Good Life! Bloody bloody bloody! I hate it! It's so bloody nice! Felicity "Treacle" Kendall and Richard "Sugar-Flavored-Snot" Briars! What do they do now? Chocolate bloody Button ads, that's what! They're just a couple of reactionary stereotypes, confirming the myth that everyone in Britain is a lovable, middle-class eccentric - and I - HATE - THEM!

<collapses on the couch, exhausted>
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:02 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:Chocolate bloody Button ads

Mmmmm, chocolate buttons. Seriously, do not besmirch the good life. A cuddly stereotype they may be but there are thousands of other representations of England flung far and wide around the globe. Go on folks get hold of the T.V series Shameless, watch a Ken Loach film. It inspired Lupe to bare his soul in poetry. This show is a facet of England, and England more than ever has a very multi-faceted face. Vicious light, yourself a bifter, put on a good life dvd, perhaps have a sly wank over Felicity (in that episode) and dream of a time when neighbours could be good friends.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:09 pm

That was a Young Ones quote. I quite like her arse, actually. Briers is a gentleman though. Loads of weird sexual tension in the show - I'm sure they came close to wife-swapping in one ep.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:17 pm

vicious_bastard wrote:That was a Young Ones quote. I quite like her arse, actually. Briers is a gentleman though. Loads of weird sexual tension in the show - I'm sure they came close to wife-swapping in one ep.

LOLZORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shit man.... you had me there. I can hear Vivian saying it in my head now too! ARGHH. The show is weird, I love it. Have you read the poem from Lupe above, it was written after the wife-swapping incident. Man, I just want to sit at their kitchen table, Briars in the Garden and me sharing a hot coco or Horlix with Felicity as she tells me about this years yield of spuds. Heaven.
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Fuxxy Elf on Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:37 pm

Bloody 'ell, the last thing I expected to see on AICN is a discussion about how fit Felicity Kendal is, mixed in with quotes from The Young Ones!!!

It's like being back in my sixth form common room five years ago!!

My world is a much better place now I know you guys exist!!

btw Kendal in dungarees, oh man where are the tissues :D
Fuxxy Elf
GLIB

Postby Lupe on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:25 pm

Man, you know whats really sordid... The episode where they were dirty and she threw a strop and did the bottom lip pout thing... that was so hot.
Lupe
REAL DRAGON

Postby vicious_bastard on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:27 pm

I would be well up for all that self-suffiency malarky if I wasn't so goddamn lazy.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:52 am

This just in, Felicity is the new top Tom-boy Beanpole;

Image[/url]
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Seppuku on Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:11 am

Been many years since I watched an episode of the Good Life, but you could do a hell of a lot worse (i.e. factory-lined American sitcoms).

The Young Ones on the other hand, now there's genius for yer. Though having grown a full fluorishing head of hair all the Neil jokes start to piss me off. How's this for a fucking hippie ya arsewipe *Nuts you in the face.

They're long overdue some kind of reunion...University Challenge 2?

As far as Bottom goes...no dice, never got into that.
Dale Tremont Presents...

Seppuku
SWINGING PLASTIC LION

Postby vicious_bastard on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:00 pm

Bottom was amusing sometimes. Crude jokes don't normally bother me, I guess I just thought it was a shame that they had to resort to those tactics after the genius of the Comic Strip and Young Ones. Now Edmonson is nowhere to be seen and Mayall is in that shitty ITV drama thing. What happened?

I don't think a Young Ones reunion would be a good idea but I do think it is high time people like Mayall, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson stopped fishing for knighthoods, writing luvvie bullshit and did something decent.
vicious_bastard
AIRWOLF

Postby magicmonkey on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:25 pm

vicious_bastard wrote: it is high time people like Mayall, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson stopped fishing for knighthoods, writing luvvie bullshit and did something decent.

Could not agree with you more on this. All the stuff they do seems to have got alot more cuddly, I blame Hugh ferkin Grant, he defined a kind of English fop... A clueless dimwit, which proved hot toffee at the box office for a large portion of American audiences.

Fair enough, many of these folk have got married with kids and are comfortable but, they have a debt to pay to British Cinema and therefore be recognised internationally. These guys are capable of so much more. Given a meaty script I'm sure they could have delivered filmically on the scale of the pythons. The comic strip was some heritage to live down. Bringing this onto topic, Briars has represented in more and better films than all these guys put together.

Anybody remember that "great" Lenny Henry Hollowood crossover flick? "True Identity". I had the great displeasure to see that at the cinema. Oh, ouch, arg, sunk without a trace...
magicmonkey
I AM fucking Zen

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:31 pm

Yeh a reuinion probably wouldn't be for the best.. i saw a Young Ones marathon last year and it didn't really age that well.. well not as well as the memories in me noggin

And well played to the poster of this topic.. it was only the other day that I was thinkin, Hmm who was the chick on The Good Life? I'm pretty sure she was milf even though I didn't know it back then.
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Return to Coaxial