VERONICA MARS

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: VERONICA MARS (SPOILERS)- CANCELLED?

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 am

Leckomaniac wrote:It is confirmed.

Rob Thomas is writing Veronica Mars film

Hellz.

Fucking.

Yeah.

Add another 'fucking' from me. Woohoo!

And it's an ending to the series, brilliant. Might be a TV movie though, just to tail off, it might even be a psuedo-pilot for Veronica Mars does FBI. Dual Purpose. Whatever it is, I'll watch.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Re: VERONICA MARS

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:07 pm

I miss V.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I miss V.

me too :(

for those of you with comcast on demand and without VM on DVD, there are (last i checked a couple of weeks ago) free episodes of VM in the television > WB category. Yes, strangely they have a WB category even though the network no longer exists.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby so sorry on Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote: Yes, strangely they have a WB category even though the network no longer exists.

Then I guess its fitting that the dead WB category have a dead TV show.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:34 pm

so sorry wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote: Yes, strangely they have a WB category even though the network no longer exists.

Then I guess its fitting that the dead WB category have a dead TV show.

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:53 am

Oh my gosh oh my gosh I had no idea there would really be a movie!!!! I am so excited right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logan better be in it. Well all of them, but Logan especially.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby stereosforgeeks on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 am

Snow Apple wrote:Oh my gosh oh my gosh I had no idea there would really be a movie!!!! I am so excited right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logan better be in it. Well all of them, but Logan especially.

I wouldnt exactly hold yur breath. This and the Arrested Developments "movies" are going to be hard fought to make it on the screen. More so even for VM.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Snow Apple on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 am

Dang it! I'm still holding out hope for both those movies, I've been teased with the possibility and I choose optimism. Too bad the dream of a "Deadwood" movie is forever crushed. :(
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby papalazeru on Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 am

Snow Apple wrote:Dang it! I'm still holding out hope for both those movies, I've been teased with the possibility and I choose optimism. :(

I'm with you on this. I really want to see both these movies.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Snow Apple on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:45 am

And we will papa! We will damn it.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Ribbons on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Just finished watching the second season; it was still pretty good and they took the characters to some interesting places, but overall I thought the first season was better. This show is pretty obsessed with continuity and so it's fun looking back and seeing how many clues were set in place early on in the season (and the season before, even), but the final episode seemed a little crazy anyway.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Ribbons wrote:Just finished watching the second season; it was still pretty good and they took the characters to some interesting places, but overall I thought the first season was better. This show is pretty obsessed with continuity and so it's fun looking back and seeing how many clues were set in place early on in the season (and the season before, even), but the final episode seemed a little crazy anyway.

Honestly I thought the mystery and characters were better in the second season. Everyone/thing just felt more developed and they knew how to utilize the cast to their full potential.

I love how they started the second series mystery in the first season as well :)

That said the first season was great because everything was so immensely personal to Veronica that it became hard for them to ever top that.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:38 am

Yeah, the first season seemed the most satisfying and complete, but the other seasons were good too.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:22 pm

There is one nagging question I have about season 2, which may have been answered in the third season for all I know. But anyway: About halfway through the season, Kendall Casablancas goes into Logan's hotel room and plants a piece of hair in his shower. Nothing ever seemed to come of that, though.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Oh, and here's a little fun thing I noticed:

When Clarence Weidman pops Logan's dad in the season finale, his coded conversation with Duncan goes like this:

"CW?"
"It's a done deal."

That was the last episode before the show moved over to the CW, so I assume that was a little double entendre on the part of the writers, especially since the series is already full of them.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby geekgrrl on Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 am

If you haven’t heard of this show than you are living under a rock and if you haven’t seen this show yet well let me just say that if you have a friend who has it on DVD beg, borrow, or steal it from them. Because this show is smart, heart-warming, witty, ballsy, and well hell a whole lot of other adjectives that I just can’t think of right now. (please excuse this because you see I am supposed to be working right now and instead I am writing this article). Created by screenwriter and producer Rob Thomas (Cupid, 90210) in 2004 Veronica Mars stars Kristen Bell (Couples Retreat, Heroes), Enrico Colantoni (Flashpoint), Teddy Dunn, Francis Capra, Percy Daggs III, Michael Muhney (The Young & The Restless), Tina Majorino (Big Love), Kyle Gallner (Smallville, A Nightmare on Elm Street), Chris Lowell (Private Practice), and Ryan Hansen (Party Down). Seasons 1 & 2 aired on the now defunct UPN network and when the WB & UPN merged in 2007 the show was picked up for the 3rd and final season on the newly formed CW. Even though fans of the show were surpirsed the show was picked up for a 3rd season we were all skeptical of it going on any longer and as it turns out we were right. But thankyfully the show lives on in the hearts and minds of fans everywhere and hopefully (wishful thinking on my part yes) one day we will see a movie of our beloved teen crime noir.....
http://lostinreviews.com/ For those of us who live outside of normal
geekgrrl
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby swoop91 on Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 pm

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO OPEN OLD WOUNDS? WHY FOR FRAKK'S SAKE WHY?????
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Snow Apple on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 am

I got so excited seeing this thread had a new post. A part of me believed I was about to read something promising. Pffft.
Snow Apple
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby swoop91 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

This brings back memories.

Oh my dear Veronica... :(
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:41 pm

RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

If I had any money I would totally contribute to the pot. But at the rate things are going, it looks like I won't need to. Only $10,000 for a SAG card!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I contributed and it's at $1.8 million already. The first day isn't even over yet and they are going to hit their goal. I'm so stoked!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 am

And it's funded! $2.5 million so far and they have 29 days to go. I don't know if this is going to usher in a new era of bringing back TV shows from the dead via Kickstarter, but I'm glad we'll get some possible closure for Veronica Mars with this new movie.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:01 am

Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Ribbons on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:59 pm

Hey, the *content* of the trailer seems on-point to me, it's just the trailer itself seems awkward and amateurish. I don't know, maybe I'm being overly optimistic. Gotta do something Pi Day!
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Ribbons on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:57 pm

I somehow managed to forget that this movie came out this weekend, a mistake I quickly rectified by going to see it this afternoon.

I honestly can't say what people with no fondness or familiarity with the series will think of it, given the bizarre, Brick-lite concept. And the plot is largely driven by the baggage between characters. You kind of just have to go with it. But as a fan of Veronica Mars, I was very satisfied. It felt like either a very large episode or a very short season, and was just as good (if not better) than the show in its glory days. Also, there were a couple of surprising cameos that I appreciated.

For those of you less inclined to pay but still somewhat curious, a very good quality torrent of the movie has surfaced online (due to its simultaneous home release).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Ribbons wrote:I honestly can't say what people with no fondness or familiarity with the series will think of it, given the bizarre, Brick-lite concept.

I can't imagine that this will get much of an audience outside of the VM fandom.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 pm

I really enjoyed the movie. It wasn't perfect, but it was love letter to fans and it really came through in the performances. Lots of pleasant surprises in the movie and I'm glad it got made. I don't know if there will ever be anymore VM but it's a nice way to cap off the series that didn't have a real ending.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:47 pm

so sorry wrote:I can't imagine that this will get much of an audience outside of the VM fandom.

Yeah, the turnout was pretty depressing. It was one of I think two showtimes in one of two local theaters that were even playing the thing, on a tiny screen, and less than half the chairs were full. Normally I wouldn't care so much, but I'm kind of hoping that it at least makes enough money to justify some sort of sequel or miniseries.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Previous

Return to Coaxial