VERONICA MARS

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby rhaps0dy on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:15 am

what do ya mean by logan ripped off slackers?
"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.."
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby rhaps0dy on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:16 am

Also does anyone know when they decide whether to give this show a full season, motherf*ckers better i'm telling ya!!
"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.."
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:32 am

Veronica Mars is still the Mutts nutts as far as I'm concerned.

Series 1 was brill, 2 was great and 3 seems to be setting up for a cracking story.

I find the biggest problem with Veronica Mars is you have to watch it back to back, its such compulsive viewing.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:12 am

rhaps0dy wrote:what do ya mean by logan ripped off slackers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIThU0BElc

Watch the first 5 seconds.
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby rhaps0dy on Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Now i see what ya mean! Movie looked pretty funny, i did like that scene VM!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby papalazeru on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:06 am

Looking forward to tonights ep.

papalazeru

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:24 am

Captain_Fucking_Magic wrote:
rhaps0dy wrote:what do ya mean by logan ripped off slackers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJIThU0BElc

Watch the first 5 seconds.

I'm sure it was more of an homage . . . :P
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby NudeAndAroused on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:03 pm

I thought that the show tonite was superb. Then again, I ama huge fan of VM.
NudeAndAroused
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:07 am

Another episode without Wallace. Or Mac. Are they getting phased out of the show or what?

I liked this ep. I liked the friction between V and Keith. I wish V's spiked drink wasn't telegraphed from a mile away, but I'm glad she was smart enough to sound the alarm and draw Logan's attention. I also liked her little Stan Marsh moment at the end.

Any word yet on it's future on the CW? I really hope it gets a full season.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby The Selecter on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:12 am

It's rumored that the CW ordered another three episodes, enough to fully cover two of the mini-arcs for the season.

The actor who plays Sheriff Lamb thinks they'll get a full season, but isn't so sure about a 4th season.

It's ironic that Mac is made a regular and appears less than she did when she guested. I like the show a lot, but whomever runs the business side of things needs to get their shit together and better reconcile the balance between the storytelling and the actors' contracts.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:34 pm

Wow. Shaving the patch in her head is one of those places it takes guts to go to. Sure, they can cover it up and make it look like everything's normal, but scarring your lead like that is ballsy stuff.

Another lovely episode. The rifts between Veronica and Logan and Veronica and Keith were both great. And am I the only one loving Piz? I hate the name, but really love the guy.

And, as always, Kristen Bell is a delight.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:47 pm

Do you think they really shaved Bell? I figured it was either a wig or a double.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby The Selecter on Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:37 am

The bald patch looked phony to me, but not as bad as the skull caps the victims have worn.
The Selecter
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 pm

It was definitely fake, but my point was that to scar your lead character like that is ballsy.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:58 pm

That episode was awesome, when i became aware that her drink was spiked my heart rate was def picking up and i was well impressed as always to see Logan come to the rescue those two are awesome together, for that reason i hate piz he just pisses me off!! As for including mac every episode, well, it would just be rubbish we're still only 7eps in, to have her every week would just be pointless! Veronica, Keith, Logan and Wallace are the main four piz, mac and that blonde chick should be sub characters! Mac may have a greater role in one of the new story arcs, for that reason this show has to stay on air! I'd love to see a guest appearance from old duncan kane at some point also!
Anyways, fantastic episode one of the best this season, i'm def preferring this season to the start of the first! O and break logan and veronica up for piz at your peril that'll really take the piss!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm

**Spoilerish, possibly, slightly**Well, just listened to an interview with kristin davies on tvguide and she stated that a character that will become well establised by episode 6 will not make it through the rest of the season (possible second arc) Anyone got any ideas of who this maybe??
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:47 pm

Oh and i just had a thought of how well this might play in with the essay they were given titled "how to plan the perfect murder!" just a thought!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:22 am

Piz? Or maybe the Dean?
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby papalazeru on Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:50 am

Yes. Please...if anyone is listening, do not cancel this show.

I'm going out and buying the full 3 series box set when released. Its too good to miss.

papalazeru

Postby RogueScribner on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:37 am

According to Herc Veronica Mars will have 20 episodes this season. Not quite a full season pickup, but close enough. :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:33 am

Man,, that was quality episode as always had some really good lines in it especially the 'rec tum (drum noise)' line! Although my biggest issue is that i actually said to myself at the end regarding Veronica 'what a bitch!' i mean she is actually being well out of order to Logan at the moment! I think everything Logan did was well justified, and considering she prides herself on being truthful and brave yada yada i 'd say she is being none of these things in regards to Logan! Was just plain cold to blank his call like that! Logan should just leave her ass, she's got more issues than he has for christsakes!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:48 pm

MINOR SPOILERS AND SPECULATION FOR TONIGHT'S EPISODE

According to everywhere (and the VM Promo Guy), Veronica solves the Hearst rape case tonight, and someone bites the dust. My guess for who the unlucky Neptunian is: Weavil.

Ultimately, he hasn't had much purpose this season. He's had some very nice moments with Veronica and Keith, but it feels like the writers need to really work to shoehorn him into each episode. He's moved even further into the periphery, but there's still an emotional attachment with Veronica and the audience. Weavil getting killed would resonate without effecting the main characters THAT much. Sure, it'll drive Veronica to find his killer, but it wouldn't shake up her world the way, say, Logan's death would.

My back-up choice is Mack, but Weavil's definitely my pick.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:40 pm

Mack has been mysteriously absent for the past few eps, but she seems to be on tonight. I think she's marked for death. If Logan dies, it won't be tonight. It'll be at the end of the season.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Okay, for anyone who hasn't yet seen the current episode, look away!

At the beginning of the episode I figured the Dean would bite it. The coincidence of apathy towards him by the Lilith House and the professor talking about perfect murders was too much for me. So no shock there.

The reveal of the rapist(s) wasn't too much of a shock either, but I guess we can hopefully move on to more interesting mysteries.

My absolute favorite moment of the episode was when Logan busted up the police car just so he could get thrown in with Mercer. Aw yeah, welcome to PAIN TOWN! Ha ha ha.

Good ep. Not a great resolution, but it was entertaining and at least everything didn't seem crammed in like the end of last season.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby John-Locke on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:51 am

I thought it was a pretty damn good episode, nice and tense with a satisfying resolution, I was hoping it would be Weevil who found Veronica outside of Wallaces room so we could see him dish out some rough justice, it's a shame there was no proper fist fight like between Keith and Aaron Echolls in the season 1 finale but it definitely was the strongest episode of an otherwise weak season so far.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:38 pm

Holy crap!

As a former RA, I'd just like to suggest that tea-loving, Galactica-quoting Mo doesn't speak for us all... except in that we all like rape. That part is true.

Really stellar episode. Nice turning point for the season. I too picked that it'd be the Dean early on, but I like that there are so many potential suspects. Landry, the wife and the Lilith girls are all a little too obvious. Veronica will spend the next few episodes investigating them, but ultimately find an alibi. My early money is on Tim the TA. Something about his devotion toward Professor Landry makes me think he'd kill whoever crossed him.

Logan with the baseball bat to the cop car and the tightening fists was teh shit.

God, I love this show...
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:55 pm

Yeah, but I thought Mercer was obvious and then they discounted him and then used him anyway. So who knows who the killer is? It could very well be who we think! :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:50 am

Anyone who thinks this has been a weak season is way wrong!! I admit that for those of us that have watched season 1 and 2 it took abit of getting used to the idea of not seeing wallace every episode and some of the other 'usual moments' not being there, but to me thats how a show moves forward by trying new ideas and new angles. Far to many shows just re-use a formula year in year out till the fans get bored and the show becomes cancelled! In my eyes this season has really worked well thus far and i hope it continues in this manner!

As for tuesday nights episode it was awesome i think the dean dying was a good call as about half way through the episode i actually went 'i really like the dean he makes me laugh'! I'd like to know what he did in the hotel room to his wife and the professor. I would have to say early money is on his wife but we'll wait and see!

O and i'm in total agreement with the logan part, that was awesome, at first i was like why is he smashing the car up then a split second it clicked and i just thought damn, logan is the man!

O yeh and i just wanted to say it was good to see that weevil was looking more healthy some weight has left him and his skin is looking alittle better! Lets hope we have him fighting fit for the second arc!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby NudeAndAroused on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:18 pm

I think that this has been a very strong season. loVe has grown, evolved, and yes, matured. The interesting thing is that you can see VM has been wrong sometimes. She makes mistakes. You can certainly see that in her relationship with Logan. I am most impressed with how 'Logan' has grown as an actor. The show has become very strong
NudeAndAroused
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby MasterWhedon on Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:35 pm

Kristin from E! Online interviews Rob Thomas about last night's episode and where the show's going!

Kristin from E! Online wrote:What’s the plan for the rest of the season?
Well, you’ll be the first person to hear this. There has been talk—more than talk—about dropping the whole big mystery idea after this middle mystery and to do all stand-alone episodes and sort of a combination of a few things. The network is behind it, and I am interested in heading in that direction.

Really? Why the change?
One feeling is that the big mysteries keep away the casual TV viewers, and the other is that the thing that has been least successful since season one—meaning the things we get the most complaints about—are the big mysteries. My design in season one was that Veronica’s best friend was dead, and every season regular had an integral role in the mystery. And unless they wanted every year to kill Veronica’s friends, it’s hard to have the same emotional connective that’s worth spending seven, eight, nine episodes on a mystery. It’s one of the things we are deciding on right now.

Is this change something you are interested in or the network is interested in?
Both. Honestly, I brought it up to the network, and they jumped at the idea. But what I think we might do is the final mystery we were going to run instead of running it as our final five is just to play those as stand-alone episodes and maybe contract that big mystery into a two-episode thing with a cliffhanger as just a trial balloon. And hopefully before season four, we’ll see how it works. It seems like a good time to do it—a good fun test balloon. Try it over five and see how fans and non-fans react.

Will there still be some continuing story arcs?
Yes. I mean, we will still have ongoing personal life stories from Veronica, so there will be romantic relationships and the normal travails. We just wouldn’t have a mystery at the core.

Well, whatever your plan, I’m in. Honestly, last night was incredible. And the ratings show it. Congrats.
Thank you. It’s so nice to hear, because we have had some glum weeks. It has been a combination of ratings going down a little lower and that horrible [Entertainment Weekly] review. And, well, it’s just really good to have some good news. We got our best ever numbers and really good response to the episode, and we’re all really happy today.

I wish we LoVe fans could say the same.
Uh...

I must admit, I do like it better when those two are snarky and tortured, but you gotta give us fans a glimmer of hope. Was that the end of Logan and Veronica?
Here's what I'm willing to say: They are not over. But it will be a rocky road.

And the next arc is who killed the dean?
Yes.

And are we to believe the dean is the only who is dead?
I will answer that, because I didn’t mean to mislead anyone. He is the only one who is dead. He did not kill his wife and her lover.

I was so happy to see Mac back. I know that she was doing Big Love. Was it hard to let her go for those episodes?
It’s a little tricky, but the Big Love people were great with us. We love, love, love Tina in the show, and I wish I had her for more than what used to be 12 but is now 11 episodes.

So, where do things stand on a fourth season? Is there anything we fans can do to help?
I honestly don’t know much. I got an email from a Friday Night Lights viewer who said lets get Friday Night Lights viewers to watch Veronica Mars and Veronica Mars viewers to watch Friday Night Lights—and improve both their ratings, because they say it’s the best teen night on television, to watch them back to back on Tuesdays. I know the more the network feels it would outrage fans, the better the chance of getting back. But if the fans write them or contact them, they should always do it sweetly. Also, promotion equals bigger ratings, so we won’t miss a step when we come back in January.

Last question. And it's an important one. Where can I buy an "Ask Me About My STD" shirt?
[Laughs.] It’s funny, I actually made that up, and I now have one, too. And by the way, we liked that kid so much—the guy who offered Mac the whiskey—that he actually makes another appearance. We find out he was stumbling home drunk from the party and hears the gunshot. So, he’s the only witness who can put a time of death.

No more long-from mysteries?! Say it ain't so!

I understand the decision, and part of me thinks the show works best with self-contained episodes, but I love the feeling when a show is driving toward a MASSIVE resolution in the season finale. Hope they can keep that if they do alter the format.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 pm

Cheers for this MasterWhedon definitely answered some of my questions!! I must say it is going to be interesting to see how they'd manage a purely stand-alone episode run! I can understand it'll help the ratings but it may suffer as a result! One thing that always helped some of the poorer standalone episodes was that they might drop a few scenes about the 'more' interesting season story!
I have faith in rob thomas though that guy can write very well! Also what the hell were EW spouting about VM??
Anyways, cheers again that was cool!
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:17 pm

The elimination of the big mysteries will either make or break this series.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Captain_Fucking_Magic on Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:38 pm

Well, atleast George Michael didn't rape his "cousin" in last seasons episode. His character just helped rape her... STEVE HOLT!
Captain_Fucking_Magic
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:49 pm

VM has been great this season. I love it. In my opinion it is the second best show on TV right now.

Added points for referencing "frak".
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:34 pm

News on the Main Page says that the last 5 episodes will not be an arc.

Furthermore, no decision has been made regarding a 4th season for VM.

Sigh. If both this and BSG go I may die a little inside.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:News on the Main Page says that the last 5 episodes will not be an arc.

Furthermore, no decision has been made regarding a 4th season for VM.

Sigh. If both this and BSG go I may die a little inside.

I think this news is more of a budgetary issue than an actual ratings issue. CW did not do very well this year at all so they need ot cut costs.

As for BSG TVSquad has been reporting that 4th season is almost certain.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Coldfire24 on Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Noo arc? Nooooooooooooooooooo. I hope this show comes back for a next season......i'm a fan... I guess I won't even get this season on dvd I think its been the worst season so far.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:19 pm

I was very disappointed this week with the stand-a-lone mystery. VERY PREDICTABLE.

I do have to say the Keith/Landry meeting of the minds was great.

Also, the Piz/Veronica discussion felt very natural and real.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:04 pm

I kinda tuned this ep out. It just didn't hold my interest.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:53 pm

I'll tell you what did hold my interest, however . . .

She was super nice and super sweet and just super! I really enjoyed meeting her. I told her I was a big fan of VM and that I hoped it'd get another season. She said she hoped it would get picked up too. So I guess she doesn't know anything yet or isn't allowed to spill.

I saw her in the Fanboys panel where they showed 10 minutes of the movie and I bumped into her outside as well. She is super cute in person, let me tell you. And really nice! She seemed genuinely happy to meet her fans, unlike a couple of other people I saw that day.

Anyhoo, I digress.

My g/f made fun of me for being all giddy after I met Kristen Bell. I'm never giddy! :P
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:45 pm

Even my girlfriend would give me the OK with VM.

She is incredibly gorgeous and she has one hell of a talent. I'm a little sad to see her go down the Gellar route of bad Horror movies (Pulse (the American version - yuk)), she deserves better.

Kristen is wonderfully talented and ...to be honest...working with so many people younger than her.....she has shown her tenacity. I hope Kirsten gets some decent roles....the only problem is that she's blone, one minor gripe with someone so smart.

The latest ep of VM didn't turn me on either. I'm finding the 3rd series hard to grasp. Neither the 2nd or the 3rd compare to the complexity of the first series.

One thing I do have to point out...and no other Ronnie fan see it is that....PIZ IS A PSYCHO.

Remember in the Bowling alley?
"Goddammit!", I'm sure he really is an smart Psycho, I thought he was the rapist for a while and....maybe he will be.....but, there is something wrong with him.

One last comment. If Logan dies, my GF is going to kill someone (Dianne Ruggiero watch out):lol: ...I think she means it.

papalazeru

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:04 pm

RS you a lucky man. She looks cute as all hell in that pic.

So I really dug tonights episode. I can't wait for next week.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:06 am

I think this week's ep had a better balance to it over last week. Plus it was more interesting than a missing monkey story. :P

I'm kinda over the whole Veronica/Logan drama. On, off, on, off, on, off. One of them needs to die soon or move to Australia and it's not Veronica.

Anyone else planning to replay Veronica's little pelvic thrust in their dreams tonight? Just me? Okay. ;)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Another good episode.

The "who did it" was pretty obvious from the get go. Still, some fun character moments throughout.

However, I don't like the fact that the supporting cast has been shoved to the side. We need more Piz, Wallace, and Mac stuff. Although Dick has been providing some good laughs as of late.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 am

I can't be the only one getting dizzy from this Logan-Veronica circus, can I? They're almost as bad as Clark and Lana on Smallville! They just need to get over themselves already and move on. Seriously!

Other than that, this ep was okay, but I echo Lecko's sentiments. What's up with Wallace and Mac? At least we saw Mac last week. Where the F is Wallace? This season doesn't seem as cohesive or balanced as previous seasons.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:11 am

RogueScribner wrote:I can't be the only one getting dizzy from this Logan-Veronica circus, can I? They're almost as bad as Clark and Lana on Smallville! They just need to get over themselves already and move on. Seriously!

Other than that, this ep was okay, but I echo Lecko's sentiments. What's up with Wallace and Mac? At least we saw Mac last week. Where the F is Wallace? This season doesn't seem as cohesive or balanced as previous seasons.

I love teen drama. I thrive on it. Its like I have the taste of a 14 year old girl sometimes.

But even I am getting bored with Veronica/Logan. I mean I sat through 4 seasons of Ryan Atwood brooding in the OC...but even I thought Logan was acting like a pansy.

Hopefully, this ends. Bring on Piz...he seems pretty charismatic...when V and Logan broke up the first time it looked like they were going to do the whole "will they, won't they" with V. and Piz and I liked that. But then they sent her right back to Logan.

Shouldn't she have relationship issues? I mean the date rape, the boyfriend fugitive in Mexico (complete with illigetimate child), abandoned by her mother...why is she sticking with Logan...putting up with all this drama?

Sigh. I hope this gets a fourth season and they get back on track. This show needs to be about Veronica solving mysteries with the help of her core group of friends acting as a support group to survive a very cruel, callous, shallow world.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:35 am

As is often the case, Lecko and I are on the same wavelength! :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:49 am

It was good to see Wallace make an appearance even if it was a minor one.

This episode was full of twists and turns. I was surprisingly moved by the death as well. He was always a dick...but he didn't deserve to go out like that.

A very solid episode...that downplayed a lot of the major drama that has held the show down as of late.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:25 am

I'm glad to see people are still watching this.

It's been an amazing 2 first seasons but his one....I'm not sure, I want more intrigue. They seem to be darting all over the place.

I say,
Stay away from Piz...he's bad news, I think he has problems.

Does anyone remember how angry he got when he went bowling and missed the pins? There was something in that.

papalazeru

Postby MasterWhedon on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:03 pm

Holy shit! Did they just...? Is he really...? No, he can't go out like that... But, yes--they did just, he really is and they most definitely can. That's gutsy showrunning right there, to let the end happen the way it did.

I'm excited for next week's resolution, and then also to see where the season goes beyond that.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial