THE SOPRANOS

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby jgraphix on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:19 pm

Thought the episode was great! The most action in one ep. I've seen all season. I have a feeling Vesuvio's is going to go down along with Arty.

*on a side note: that stripper was gawdamned HOT!

Love how everyone is sorta slipping back into thier old habbits. It's certainly getting more interesting.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:00 pm

I thought it was kind of touching that Tony tried to refer Arty to his Psychiatrist - like he saw something of himself in Artie's troubles.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon May 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Odd that no one is chatting in here today.

I thought showing Anthony Jr as such a fuck up with trying to go kill Uncle Junior was great.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon May 01, 2006 1:13 pm

Tony should have at least given Anthony Jr. a good beating. It looks like next week's episode is going to be explosive - lots of action.
I was VERY suprised that he didn't end up banging the real estate chick from ER. Good for Tony.

Melfi.... Milf-y.... Melfi.... Milf-y....

Vito's Easy Rider ending made me want to go look at some antiques and think about life.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 pm

Worst Sopranos News Ever

Talk about cashing in.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon May 15, 2006 7:59 am

Hehehehe . . . I can't stop giggling from Cory's dad from Boy Meets World playing some whiny wanna-be badass . . . hehehe. The accent was a cute attempt, too. Real cute. I'm not even gonna get started on the rest of the shit that went down . . . oooh Vito, you make me believe that anal chastity belts are due for a comeback . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 am

What the fuck? No discussion in here what so ever?

I like that the big whack came in such a way that it strains relations further with NY. Though I am hardly the type of fan who wants alot of violence I hope Johnny Sac gets his for breaking Omerta before the end of the season. How about that shot of Adriana reunited with Cosette...hilarious.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue May 23, 2006 1:51 am

SPOILERS

Hey, I'm always willing to discuss . . . I'm still laughing over last week's shooting in Newark (<3 NJ) . . .

I dunno - as shocking as certain components of Vito's death were, I was almost more shocked by the fact that they showed so little of the beating. Adriana with Cosette was definitely something else . . . though my favorite part of the episode was Tony going ballistic on A.J.'s car . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 am

I think AJ v Tony is the big struggle for the last episodes internally.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue May 23, 2006 2:03 am

I hope you're right . . . it would be interesting to see AJ be forced to realize that he's a spoiled brat with no common sense, and maybe for Tony to come to terms with whether or not he thinks AJ is better off not having been "toughened up" the way he was . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 23, 2006 7:47 am

I watched it last night, what a great episode.

The stuff with AJ giggling in a chat room/forum was hilarious, that must be how it looks to my folks when I PAMPILASH.

Vito's death was brutal and they were right not to show too much of it, it also made the stabbing of his killer all the more shocking.

I'd love to know whats going through Phil Leotardo's head, when he gripped the bed whilst witnessing Vito's death I wasn't sure if it was because he was enjoying it or because his emotions are so subdued that it was all he could show. Later on that shot of him laying in bed with open eyes was chilling in some ways, I'm not sure if he's Dumbledore himself or if he's disturbed from killing a close friend or if he's just regretting the situation because of how his sister reacted, either way Frank Vincent totally nails the character, he's the most dangerous guy in the show.

AJ is going to end up working for his dad I reckon, "Construction" means he'll take that path I think, probably by the time the season continues he'd have put on some weight, sorted his act out a little and be ready to join his dads crew (where he'll probably fuck up something big).

Tony getting the BJ was clever, I genuinely thought he was having a health problem there for a minute before I realised.

"So daddy's not a spy then?"
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 23, 2006 11:28 am

I doubt Tony is going to allow AJ to join "the life".
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue May 23, 2006 12:10 pm

Fievel wrote:I was VERY suprised that he didn't end up banging the real estate chick from ER. Good for Tony.

Yeah, but getting a blowjob from a stripper is cool, eh?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 23, 2006 12:20 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Fievel wrote:I was VERY suprised that he didn't end up banging the real estate chick from ER. Good for Tony.

Well if our former President doesn't consider it sex it's good enough for Tony.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Wed May 24, 2006 4:54 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
DUHHH!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:55 pm

Sigh.

And now we wait until next spring to see how this series ends.

I forsee Christopher being "dealt with" in the Final 8 episodes. Whether or not he gets whacked remains to be seen, but obviously his behavior (drugs/Real Estate Girl) won't continue if Tony has anything to say about it.

A.J. & The Girl - I think it could be an issue with the family, but only if he joins the Other Family.

I was hoping to ge a final "verdict" on Paulie's health before the end of this season. I see Bobby was able to ditch the eyepatch.... unless Uncle Junior was hallucinating. Interesting to see Junior give the money to the guy working there.

The scene with Phil and Tony was quite unexpected and extremely touching. It will be interesting to see how the New York/New Jersey thing pans out next spring. Phil's guys are obviously ready to go to war. The guy that blocked Tony as he left Phil's room needs to go..... just because. He seems like the New York version of Ralphie, Ritchie, or Cousin Tony - might be interesting to have on your side, but you'll hate him if you're on the other side.

After Phil's meeting with his crew, I spent the rest of the episode waiting for someone from Tony's crew to be killed. I thought for sure it was going to be Christopher.

The ending with the family together reminds me of other season finales... pushing the idea of the importance of family.

Next spring is forever away, but at least Entourage and Deadwood are about to return. That new "sitcom" doesn't look stellar to me, but I'll give it a shot anyways.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Conroy420 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:12 pm

I found this season finale to be rather disapointing.

I understand that as fans we've come to expect certain things from Soprano's finales, manily whackings. So maybe this was the writers idea of not givinginto cliche, trying something different. Well that wouldn't be a problem if something, anything, happened this episode but nothing did. Phil having a heart attack, and not even dying, whoopidy doo!

This season as a whole was the weakest IMO. It started off great but it just never took off like past seasons have. A shame really.

So now we have to wait months just for 8 episodes that supposed to resolve LOTS of shit.

I dunno, just seems like they wasted the season, cause personally, I couldn't of given a shit about Vito's whole story.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:24 pm

A.J's new chick is uber hot. Calisto from X-Men I gather.

Also, Julianna Margulies is so f'n hot in that lingerie, it is a sin.

Awesome.

Lastly, isn't it a shame that this series will end most likely without Jamie-Lynn Sigler showing her goods?

Shameful.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:17 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:A.J's new chick is uber hot. Calisto from X-Men I gather.

Also, Julianna Margulies is so f'n hot in that lingerie, it is a sin.

Awesome.

Lastly, isn't it a shame that this series will end most likely without Jamie-Lynn Sigler showing her goods?

Shameful.

I'm hoping Jamie-Lynn has some trouble landing a job after the Sopranos and has to resort to some late night cinemax work...
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby monorail77 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:09 pm

Conroy420 wrote:I found this season finale to be rather disapointing.

I understand that as fans we've come to expect certain things from Soprano's finales, manily whackings. So maybe this was the writers idea of not givinginto cliche, trying something different. Well that wouldn't be a problem if something, anything, happened this episode but nothing did. Phil having a heart attack, and not even dying, whoopidy doo!

This season as a whole was the weakest IMO. It started off great but it just never took off like past seasons have. A shame really.

So now we have to wait months just for 8 episodes that supposed to resolve LOTS of shit.

I dunno, just seems like they wasted the season, cause personally, I couldn't of given a shit about Vito's whole story.

I agree with just about everything you say, except that I thought Vito's story was one of the highlights of the season.

I agree they seemed to waste a lot of time this season. They're going to have a tough road to satisfyingly wrap everything up in 8 short episodes. I wish them luck.
monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:15 pm

I think anyone expecting the last episodes to "wrap" everything up will be in for quite a shock.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bamf on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:02 pm

So The Sopranos does an episode about gift bag excess at Hollywood awards shows, and the IRS puts the smack down on celebrities paying taxes this year on thier said bags. Coincidence? Hurmmm.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/a/217301.htm

There is a earlier story from March saying the IRS warns that there is no red carpet loophole, and that was before Bacall got knocked the fuck out. But there is more stories coming out about this now so I offer this for your amusement.
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:04 pm

I thought the same thing when I heard that story.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby moose4787 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:36 pm

I would like the see Tony get arrested and have to go to trial during the finale episodes. I also think that it may be a possiabilty that in the end Tony will get out, may going to Paris with Carm since she liked it there so much or may back to Italy like in one of the previous season. No matter how it ends tho, i think that it will end with Tony no longer in charge.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:53 pm

moose4787 wrote:I would like the see Tony get arrested and have to go to trial during the finale episodes. I also think that it may be a possiabilty that in the end Tony will get out, may going to Paris with Carm since she liked it there so much or may back to Italy like in one of the previous season. No matter how it ends tho, i think that it will end with Tony no longer in charge.

Not to trash your thoughts and opinions, but I'd find that a waste of airtime. There's not a lot of episodes in the final little mini-season. Let the NY crew off Tony's entire family (starting with Tony's sister and then AJ), then let Tony whack Christopher because he can't stay clean, have him turn the operations over to Sylvio, and then let him walk into the sunset with a one-legged Russian whore.

btw, I hated Joe Pantoliano's character of Ralphie, but I loved everytime he said the word "whore" turning it into a two-syllable masterpiece of "WHOO-urr" (i.e. "But Tony, she's a fucking whoore").

I've only watched this show when the episodes debut on HBO. I'm about to start watching the first season again on DVD.... wow... it's been over 7 years since it started! :shock:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:27 am

I've never seen the Sopranos at all until about 6 weeks ago and now I've seen the entire series. Such a great show. Saul is the funnist character out there...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:31 am

OR
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:32 am

That's cheating...

When does the new season start? It's the last one their making isn't it?
Last edited by MonkeyM666 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby silentbobafett on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:56 am

lifes a bitch... what can I say? :-)
silentbobafett
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:46 am

I just have to revive this thread to get this thought out:

The current commercials on HBO for this show are just killing me. The one where it's just Tony standing there and you hear all the voices... oh man. And then the other one where it shows all the main people that have died and their respective episode number (including the horse!!)???

April 8 is less than a month away, and I don't think I'm ready for it. It seems like just yesterday it was 1999 and the friends I was living with and I were getting ready to watch this new mob show on HBO. The first episode kicked our collective asses. Every episode, every season, I've been there watching. And now in just a few short weeks, another HBO classic is going to begin its ending.

Six Feet Under gave us one of the best series finales ever (if not THE best). Anything less than that level will be a disappointment for this show.

"Everything comes to an end" - Carmella Soprano
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Quiet Storm on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:18 pm

I went thought my yearly ebay phase where I buy any and everything. I just recieved all 6 seasons of the Sopranos on DVD and seriously there should be a format where I can fit all of these on one disc or something I grow so tired of having to get up and walk 5 feet to change to the next disc. But anyway, I am amazed at how tight the continuty is. Watching season 1 again after 8 years since I last seen it, has been a treat. I had forgotten Junior's feud with Pussy Malianga (who he thought he was shooting at, in season 6 when he popped Tony) to how bat shit crazy Momma Soprano was. The only thing that is odd, is the older Dr. Melfi got the hotter she became. And Tony is twice as big now as in first season. But I guess with Big Pussy next to him he really looks thinner. I dont want to be one of those fans, who cry about how much better the first couple of seasons where. Every season had it's moments. For me the best is I can skip all the therapy sessions and the bitch daugher whining, or the wife screaching out "TONNNY". If you just watch the gangster scenes, Sorpano's rank up their with Goodfellows and Scarface.

That should be a DVD feature, show only Bada Bing, Hits, and Gomars getting bucked scenes.
Quiet Storm
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby tcovil on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:42 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:Hehehehe . . . I can't stop giggling from Cory's dad from Boy Meets World playing some whiny wanna-be badass . . . hehehe. The accent was a cute attempt, too. Real cute. I'm not even gonna get started on the rest of the shit that went down . . . oooh Vito, you make me believe that anal chastity belts are due for a comeback . . .

OK, I know this post was from ancient Primordia, but I just read it and have to respond. There is nothing ridiculous about William Russ being on The Sopranos. You may know him as "Cory's dad on Boy Meets World", but I know him as Roger LoCocco, a real bad-ass on what was surely the most bad-assed of 1980s TV shows, Wiseguy". It's only fitting that he should be on The Sopranos -- it's like coming full circle.
tcovil
GLIB

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:10 pm

Iconoclastica wrote:Schoolwork. Drinking. Sex.

i miss Iconny...

:cry:
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:18 am

Less than a week until the beginning of The End.
Sigh.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:35 am

Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:02 pm

Interesting episode. Not much happened, yet a lot happened. Bobby never killed a guy... never realized that before. It's funny how he mentioned "the DNA" because that's what's going to bust his ass after the guy he shot grabbed & ripped his shirt (chest hair/sweat). I watch C.S.I. - I know of these things!!!

A.J. is a little punk bitch. Period.

That fight was the best HBO fight since the Swearingen/Bullock fight on Deadwood a couple of years ago. Good stuff.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 am

Good start to the the end of the series.

I was having a debate with a group of friends over what is a better show, LOST or SOPRANOS, maybe not whats a bteer show but what's more enjoyable week 2 week to watch.

I just came to the conclusion that the reason these shows are so great is that the characters are so rich and developed. Especially when it comes to Sopranos, the nuts and bolts of the plot are really secondary, it's how the chracters react to the scenerios.

The same can't really be said for LOST. The chracters in that show are outstanding, and make the show work, but the overall plot is what brings people back to the show not to see how soinso is doing.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Flumm on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm

I have caught up with the whole season this week, after a couple of years truency of not watching any at all, and I'm already annoyed at myself for ever missing a minute.

Every great show has thier own mix of what makes it great for you, but there's just something about the harmonics of the Sopranos that already makes me ache at teh thought that out there, somewhere, new episodes aren't going to be being made for me, that their world, like all stories, goombah's and secretly homosexual wise guys, really are finite, and we will have to part ways sooner, rather than later.

Sigh.

Favourite thing this season, and perhaps my favourite theme/character arc through the entire run, is Carmela's reconsiliation with the life she leads, and the reasons she leads it. Edie Falco has given, and continues to give, one of the most naturalistic and understated performances in television.

I loved her escoteric efussions while in Paris -how many people have said the very same things? Gushing about the transiancy of it all. How human it was. The empathy (and the sub-sonscious bubblings of Adriana-fulled guilt?) spilling out of her, how she clearly is, like Tony, able to see the beautiful things, to see the struggle around her, (re: Tony and the little ol' lady he stares at while selling off on the phone a vital part of the neighbourhood he claims to love, belong to and wishes to preserve while chasing a pychologically spurned ass-grab and a large chunk o' change), and yet, for good or ill, they both choose to turn away from it.

When it comes down to the bloodied brass knuckles of it all, whether they would admit it to themselves or not, they choose to fuck everybody else over.

And any token gestures to the otherwise, are compensatory at best, fuelled by guilt, fear and desperation at trying to escape the glimpes of themselves they see while trying to look the other way.

The illucidation we see into their lives, the insights we gleam into their private moments, their inner-conflicts, the guilt, the empathy we see them show, are ultimately just the humanistic overtures to what we know as well they do - Teh Sopranos are teh Bad Guys!!1

Ooh, and while we're at it, it also makes me smile like few TV shows around, not out loud necassarily, but smile none-the-less:

*at funeral*

Christopher: ...ever think what a coincidence it is, that Lou Garrick died of Lou Garrick's disease?

*muffled/weary laughter*

Tony: You gonna make that same stupid joke every time that comes up?

Christopher: Sorry... everything's so's fuckin' morbid over here.

Not much admittedly, but it's enough. And it's in there with a few-dozen other small but treasurable things I've already forgotten.

Oh and Fieval, you mention how you've been watching since way back when, well, I caught this not long after reading your post...

:roll:
Flumm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 pm

I love that they gave Anthony Jr. that shitty little "Growing Up Gotti" beard.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:38 pm

Fievel wrote:Bobby never killed a guy

I might be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) but I thought that Bobby has killed before and that they were talking about the fact that he'd never had to whack a friend before like Tony's had to do so many times in the past, then again it also makes a lot of sense if he hadn't killed before (because we haven't seen him do it in the show) and that Tony made him do it for beating him in the fight.

Anyways loved the episode, too many great moments to single out a few but clearly the fight and the scene leading up to it was the cherry on the top.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 pm

Flumm wrote:Image

Ohhhh Meadow....... Back when she was just a little brat on her school's soccer team.... thanks for the memories over the years you saucy little minx. Look at how small A.J. was back then. Tony was a lot smaller and had more hair.

I'm moving in with my fiancee this summer (will be my wife then). She's never seen an episode and knows how much I love the show. I really can't wait to go back and watch it all over again and bring her into that world. Since there will be no more new episodes, at least we can turn back and enjoy what we were given.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Evil Hobbit on Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:04 am

Fievel wrote:
Flumm wrote:Image

Ohhhh Meadow....... Back when she was just a little brat on her school's soccer team.... thanks for the memories over the years you saucy little minx. Look at how small A.J. was back then. Tony was a lot smaller and had more hair.

I'm moving in with my fiancee this summer (will be my wife then). She's never seen an episode and knows how much I love the show. I really can't wait to go back and watch it all over again and bring her into that world. Since there will be no more new episodes, at least we can turn back and enjoy what we were given.

Wow, that's a long time ago. It's weird how fast time can fly, I still remember when the first episode aired. Same with the kids from the first Harry Potter film. All young and all. Same goes for Macaulay Culkin, I'm allways shocked when I see pictures of him today. Probably because Home Alone is on tv every christmas.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:04 pm

Wow. Way to go, Carm. Get Tony all paranoid about Christopher.
I'm a little surprised that Paulie's use of the cell phone during the movie didn't come up as an issue. Not that I didn't expect him to be such a rude Struggling Background Artist, but I figured it would come up later.

Rest in peace Johnny Sack.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:15 pm

Tony would have heard something about it from someone else anyway. It was pretty obvious. Worse still was the writer (Daly) going in on Christopher's behalf. Now Tony can't think otherwise.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:31 am

Great last ep. I actually want to see Cleaver! The last ep was all emotional padding and this one set the stage. I'm eagerly waiting for the rest of the season as it's going to be bloody dramatic. Will it end with a Terror strike? Will Tony bow out of the game? Will AJ get rid of that stupid chick and her kid?! Let's hope so!
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 pm

You folks do know HBO is running a fake behind the scenes Making of Cleaver, right?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 pm

No really??? That sounds great. Do you know when it's on?
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 pm

It's been running this week. I have it on my DVR but haven't watched it yet. It's only like 20 minutes long at the most.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Wow.
That was one tension-filled episode.

I really thought that one of the two main stories featured would end in death. Aside from that, there sure is a lot of blood spilling over in New York, eh?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:40 pm

Fantastic sequence when Tony and Paulie went fishing.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial