THE SOPRANOS

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:55 pm

The rocking of the boat in the fishing sequence made me feel sick, I knew Tony wouldn't have the balls to kill Paulie as much as he'd like to.

The highlight for me this episode was the whole Junior Soprano storyline, that was just great.

The absolute best moment though was when the acting NY boss took his taste from Phil's money and then took a taste from his plate, the look on Phil's face said it all.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:14 pm

John-Locke wrote:The rocking of the boat in the fishing sequence made me feel sick, I knew Tony wouldn't have the balls to kill Paulie as much as he'd like to.

The highlight for me this episode was the whole Junior Soprano storyline, that was just great.

The absolute best moment though was when the acting NY boss took his taste from Phil's money and then took a taste from his plate, the look on Phil's face said it all.

I agree the Junior storyline was great this week. I can certainly feel the slow build to something big on the horizon.

Interesting too to see how Tony's new gambling "issues" will play into everything...
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:33 pm

I really feel that they wasted last season.

It was like they wanted to be so different, so original, so unlike the Sopranos we loved, that in the end the show's quality suffered.

I couldn't've cared less about Vitos g@y adevnures and the rest of the season's elements seemed so trivial. In the end, nothing happened. No events really pushed the series forward.

Now with such little episodes left, I'm worried that they show wont get the great send off it deserrves.

Although the few episodes so far are far better than anything from last season, save maybe the first episode with the subplot of that guy that hung himself.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby MonkeyM666 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:57 am

Yeah I agree with you Conroy. Nothing much happened. It's just like they're filling space until the final ep. I liked parts of this last ep (like JL said Phil's reaction was great to the two tastes was great... :lol:) but really nothing much happened. It was an episode about teh past, and memories and how what we do now can haunt us in the future. I love Paulie.... I actually felt for the wingtipped bastard. He has no-one in his life. I'm glad that Tony finally realised that the painting of him as a general was meant to be sincere, not a jab.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Thu May 03, 2007 11:56 am

Regarding this past week's episode and this season....
This is the slowest building overall storyline I think they've ever had. The NYC/NJ war will happen. It has to.
The tension between Phil and Tony has to grow to the point of bood being drawn by someone. The whole Vito storyline from last year IS having repercussions and will continue to until either Phil or Tony are dead.
But having said that....

What was the point of the business deal with the Canadians in the first episode? Why did Bobby kill a guy (his first?), AND do such a sloppy job after all the talk about DNA evidence?
Now that Anthony's girlfriend dropped his ass (because of HER family?), will he get involved with HIS family's business?

Just a few episodes left.
I want someone or some people that mean a lot to this show to die. Christopher, Paulie, Anthony Jr., etc. I'd love to see a character that's been there from the start to bite it and cause a serious and bloody Mob War to finish off the season.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DDMAN26 on Sun May 06, 2007 11:01 pm

Tonight's episode, just fucking brillant.
DDMAN26
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fievel on Mon May 07, 2007 1:40 am

So much tension.

SO..... MUCH.... TENSION!!!!!!

Oh Christopher! Why did you have to fry poor Tim Daly like that?
Slow down, buddy. Relax. I can see him and Paulie having a fistfight that ends with someone chewing out the other's throat.

I think A.J. is possibly, and unknowingly, setting up the next generation.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby stereosforgeeks on Mon May 07, 2007 10:34 am

Christopher popping Tim Daly was AWESOME!

Everything is definitely on the verge.

I was totally cringing at the sulfuric acid bit.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zarles on Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 am

AJ is either setting up the next generation, or he's gonna get popped as a result of the sulfuric acid guy. That, to me, would be the perfect way to punish Tony for all his sins. Forget jail, forget death - having his son killed for doing the same stupid shit he's been doing for years would absolutely crush him. There was a bit of foreshadowing towards this idea in the Dr. Melfi scene this week.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Conroy420 on Sun May 13, 2007 11:56 pm

So Christopher got it.

It might have been compelling if it had happened a season ago.

I was hoping for something better for that character. It was an intresting way for Tony to kill Chris I just would've liked to see more tension.

The way Tony reacted to the situation was also strange. The 'Fear and Loathing' aspect of the remaining show was strange.

I just don't think they are using the shows potential for these final episodes.

A shame.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Fievel on Mon May 14, 2007 11:10 am

I agree with you on some aspects Conroy. It was sad after all these years to see Christopher go, but it didn't have the impact that it should have. Even Tony's initial reaction was weak. It seems it should have been a lot more emotional for both Tony and the audience. The Paulie/Christopher feud should have had more impact when he died, although it was good to see Paulie torn up about it. AND, it was hilarious to see that Paulie was still pissed at him when he was dead because everyone went to HIS service and not Paulie's relative.
Having said that, I think that's just the beginning of the blood to fly on known characters this season. At least, I hope it is. Phil needs to go - in a bad way.

A.J. - what... is he just following his father's footsteps in needing therapy, or is he going to turn into some kind of pacifist? His friends are a little over the top to the point of unbelievability for me - but then, just look at the real world. There are psychotic assholes everywhere.

"I did it!!!!"
Was Tony's peyote trip just a way for him to deal with killing Christopher, or did he really want to trip like that? It obviously seemed like it was a way for him to deal with it as it allowed him to essentially confess it at the end. But at the same time, he told that girl that he really wanted to take peyote so she could have just thought he was happy he took it. When he started to win at craps and said "Christopher's dead" and started laughing - was it because he was high or did he immediately blame all of his recent bad luck on Christopher?
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Mon May 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Yeah I think he was blaming his run of bad luck on Chris.

It was a strange way for Chris to go out but in a way I respect them for under playing it, I think the cold way Tony offed him was a cool way to go out, the problem was in was so early in the episode I hadn't got into the "Sopranos World" so to speak, if I was watching this episode as part of a mini marathon I think it would have played better.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon May 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Unexpected, tragic, and amazing.

Sara Shahi dominates my sex dreams. She finally made it to the big time.

Great episode.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby moose4787 on Tue May 15, 2007 12:57 am

I think that the show will end with tony taking out phil, and tony as boss of N.J. and N.Y.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

FUCKING HELL!!!

Postby wharto on Wed May 16, 2007 4:04 pm

I think the way Tony 'whacked' Chris was spot on, it was opportunistic and gave Tony a way out of his biggest mistake. It also shows that like all leaders Tony is becoming isolated and beginning to lose the plot. He is leaving himself wide open for an attempt on his life. It wouldn't surprise me if Tony turned to the FBI (look at his relationship with Harris).

Maybe.
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fievel on Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 pm

A.J.
Wow.

Something tells me that this whole last "season" would be best viewed in one long viewing session on DVD. It's all leading up to a big NYC-vs-NJ blowout, but it just seems to be moving so slowly. You know, considering that there are only TWO EPISODES LEFT!!!!!!

Regardless of how they end this series, I hope they end up putting out a movie every now and then like they talked about a few years ago. I have a feeling that the show won't wrap up very neatly.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Conroy420 on Mon May 21, 2007 11:08 pm

I just don' think the show can be saved.

Well I hope they actual deliever on a confrontation between the factions.

Also, to Moose4787, I don't think it would work that way. If Tony went on tyhat much of a whacking spree than he would not make it out alive.

When he stomped that guy on the episode on subday, that was awasome. Pretty brutal.

Still, I hope this show wraps up well.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon May 21, 2007 11:15 pm

Curb job?

Lesson: Don't mess with Meadow Soprano.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fievel on Tue May 22, 2007 12:50 am

Yeah...

That scene in American History X was, and still is, one of the most graphically disturbing images on film I've seen - simply because it's more realistic than any horror film.

To see Tony essentially echo it.... oh man.
Dude had it comin' though.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 22, 2007 1:11 pm

I think everyone expecting a big confrontation are off the mark.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 22, 2007 1:17 pm

I thought it was a brilliant episode, Tony trying to make peace with Phil earlier on was hilarious, the mushrooms seemed to have changed him. AJ's botched suicide was both shocking and hilarious at the same time, he's such a putz.

I want Tony to die, we had a good reminder these past two episodes of just how much of an asshole/monster he is. He deserves to die for the Asbestos thing alone.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue May 22, 2007 1:26 pm

I dunno Locke....

Tony dieing, going to prison, losing his family any type of comeuppance will taint this whole show by turning it into some morality message.....Bad things happen to bad people.....How trite and overused.

I think what will bookend the series will be the end of Tony's relationship with Dr. Melfie. Making the series a window of the time Tony spent in therapy.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Tue May 22, 2007 1:37 pm

I'm not saying I think he will die, I'm just saying I want to see him die.

Him killing Melfi in a fit of rage would be a good ending, I agree that the series should be (or is) a window of Tony's time in therapy too.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby magnoliafan1986 on Sun May 27, 2007 8:52 pm

Penultimate episode tonight. I predict that Meadow will fucking die.

Discuss.
magnoliafan1986
GLIB

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon May 28, 2007 12:15 am

uhhhhh no....no New Sopranos till next week.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon May 28, 2007 6:43 am

What!! No Sopranos to download aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, what, no Entourage as well??!! WTF aaaaaaaaaaaaah. Now my monday sucks!
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby magnoliafan1986 on Mon May 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:What!! No Sopranos to download aaaaaaaaaaaaaah, what, no Entourage as well??!! WTF aaaaaaaaaaaaah. Now my monday sucks!

Haha, indeed.
magnoliafan1986
GLIB

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:01 pm

HOLY CRAP! What an hour of television! I cannot wait until next week!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby DDMAN26 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:04 pm

:shock: Holy cow!!!
DDMAN26
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Zarles on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:03 pm

Sweet buttered Jesus. Now THAT was an episode.

SPOILERS!!!1!OMG!

The scene with Bobby getting wacked at the hobby shop was worth the admission all by itself. The close-ups of the tiny train people covering their eyes was good enough, but then it kept going and going and going... Perfect analogy to the end of this show - everything going completely off the rails all at once. Bravo. Can't wait until next week.

END SPOILERS!!!1!OMG!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:02 am

Although this was a great episode, I can't help but feel that everything is being rushed here. Looking back, the first episode of the season with Bobby at the lake gets a little more meaning. But again, looking back to the beginning of this mini-season, there was an awful lot of fluff now that the basic theme is turning into "Everyone Dies" these last few episodes.

Sylvio... his death (they said he's not likely to regain consciousness) should have had more of an impact both for the viewers AND the crew.... unless he wakes up and takes over after Tony gets whacked.

Bobby's death had a lot of poetry in it. He died in what was likely one of his favorite places to be. My first thought when he walked into that store was of him wearing that goofy engineer's hat in his garage. He was a goofy character, always getting shit on by Junior/Janice/Tony, but I liked him. The faces of the figurines was great.

ARTIE WAS BACK!!!! I was getting pissed thinking that we wouldn't see him again. He was a favorite character of mine those first few seasons - not connected, but a civilian friend of Tony's. Glad to see the appearance.

Where are they staying now? Is that Tony's mom's old house?

A.J. has cried more than Jack from Lost this season.

I hope the terrorist subplot is resolved in the next episode, if only in a passing mention. Shit, there's likely a LOT to be resolved that won't.

Stupid final seasons. Gods damn them all.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:35 am

I wish Christopher's death coul'dve been tied into these final episodes in some relation to the shit that went on this episode.

I would've loved for Christopher to be packing his stuff to go into hiding, he goes to the door and opens it and there's the Russian from'Pine Barrens', "Remember me?"
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby moose4787 on Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:52 am

What a great episode, its all hitting the fan next week, cant wait.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby wharto on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:24 am

As people before have said the killing of Bobby, was superb. Apart from those that have 'gone to the mattresses' which crew members are still out there??? Benny Fazio, Patsy Parisi, is there anyone else???
Benny has been underused this series, and he does have a history with Phil Leotardo remember!
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Zarles on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:26 am

Speaking of AJ and the terrorist subplot, did anyone notice that in the previews for next week, AJ seems to be looking at something off in the distance that might just be exploding? I even noticed an orange tint to the lighting on his face, which may signify such an explosion.

Anyone rooting for Dr. Malfi to get whacked somehow? She is THE most irritating person I've ever come across, both onscreen and off.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wharto on Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:27 am

Zarles wrote:Speaking of AJ and the terrorist subplot, did anyone notice that in the previews for next week, AJ seems to be looking at something off in the distance that might just be exploding? I even noticed an orange tint to the lighting on his face, which may signify such an explosion.

Anyone rooting for Dr. Malfi to get whacked somehow? She is THE most irritating person I've ever come across, both onscreen and off.

I don't think she will, she is the shows moral compass. Phil Leotardo has to die, as does Butchy, I don't think Paulie Walnuts will die, but someone closer to Tony may.

Also does anyone know where I can watch the trailer for next weeks episode??
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby John-Locke on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Holy Shit :shock:

Great fucking episode.

I liked how the Fed gave Tony the heads up on Phil's intentions, he's been trying to catch Tony for years but after Tony told him about the Muslims he's realised that Tony also cares about his country and he doesn't want to see him go. I doubt we'll get any more resolution than that though.

ETA: Oh and that biker getting run over was fucking horrible, I'm glad they had the balls to do that.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby wharto on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:40 pm

Can anyone direct me to where I can see a preview of next weeks episode??
I heard a rumour but I am not sure of the spoiler policy for this thread!
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:52 pm

wharto wrote:Can anyone direct me to where I can see a preview of next weeks episode??
I heard a rumour but I am not sure of the spoiler policy for this thread!

Not sure about the preview (maybe hbo.com?).

If you would like to post a potential spoiler, please feel free, but mark it in large text, and then put the spoiler itself in tiny text, like this:

SPOILERS!!!!!

insert spoiler here.

you can do this by selecting the text you want to make tiny and then clicking the "font size" drop down to select Tiny.

Thanks!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:22 pm

John-Locke wrote:ETA: Oh and that biker getting run over was fucking horrible, I'm glad they had the balls to do that.

Poor, poor Johnny Cakes.

Okay, it wasn't him but it would have been funny if it was.

RE: Terrorists - I think there may be something to this story. Why does it come up every episode? Why did Tony pause and look at AJ's computer screen that mentioned terrorism? AJ was scared shitless about something in the preview. If everyone dies because of a terrorist nuke, I'm going to name all of my future children "Shenanigans".
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:40 pm

I think the terrorist storyline exists solely to address that aspect of American life.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:I think the terrorist storyline exists solely to address that aspect of American life.

Possibly...but I also think it exists as a device to keep the Feds around and "inform" Tony and vice/versa.

Last nights episode was fantastic...One of the more curious aspects I think is that now near the end...it is Tony and Paulie...where Tony almost whacked Paulie a month ago now he is all that Tony has left.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Fawst on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:19 pm

I thought the terrorist subplot was just a way of showing the passing of the torch. Specifically the episode where Tony passes through their section of a neighborhood, and he realizes that these guys are essentially the new crowd. I dunno, it made sense at the time to me.

By the way, everyone saying that Christopher's death didn't have a strong enough emotional impact must have blinked when Carm and his wife got the news. Carmella's reaction was fucking amazing. And when they cut to Chris's wife dropping the phone and screaming, that to me was absolutely pure. Then to top it off, her collapse at the wake. All I could picture was me dying young with my fiancee walking up to the casket. It really made an impact, I felt like that was very realistically portrayed.

Everything about this mini-season has been fantastic to me.
Prince of the Land of Stench!
Fawst
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Evil Hobbit on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:09 pm

Yes this mini-season's been fantastic and this one adds to that long list of truly great Sorpanos episodes. I personally don't mind if 'subplots' like the terrorist one doesn't get a resolve. It is but a subplot and it helps to develop the characters and aspects of their world but in the end, all that matters is the main storyline. Not all plots need a resolution. Thats what I like about Lost as well. They let you wonder about things that don't get an answer yet greatly impact or change the direction of the main story and it's characters. That is the only function of a subplot to me.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:17 pm

Evil Hobbit wrote:Not all plots need a resolution.

Says the person whose name comes from The Lord Of The Rings... :lol:
I kid, I kid....
I want to see a resolution on the terrorist deal just because it's been essentially rubbed in our face this mini season.

Fawst wrote:By the way, everyone saying that Christopher's death didn't have a strong enough emotional impact must have blinked when Carm and his wife got the news.

Honestly, those scenes didn't really hit the emotional nerve for me. The women of The Sopranos are always dramatic when someone dies. Look at Janice this past week when Bobby died. I never fully bought into her relationship with Bobby since she essentially positioned herself into his family when his first wife died. But Janice has always been the Queen Of Drama on this show (she inherited the title from her mother) and this past week was no exception. I think Christopher's death would have had a little more impact for me had we seen his decline back into drugs (other than just one night of drinking too much and making an ass out of himself). If he would have bought some drugs after killing Tim Daly and then had we seen him get high before driving Tony, it would have done it for me. It's things like that where I think some things were just rushed this season.

Fawst wrote:All I could picture was me dying young with my fiancee walking up to the casket.

Stay off the smack & blow and you have nothing to worry about!

:D
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:04 am

:shock: What a fucking ep... WOW WEE! I haven't seen an ep of TV that good in a while. It was beautifully made, so much symbolism so much violence... and when the cousins killed the eastern European guy who looked like Phil I called out, 'NO!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LITTLE GINOS?!' It was a race until the final second and at the moment Tony has lost.

And Paulie, ahh Paulie… he will protect Tony until the end. He is so Loyal, even though he knows that everything is coming down around him. He’s been through it all before and he’s scared as shirt. I think that Paulie knows that he’s not going to make it through this one.

Sil is one of my favorite characters in the show, I hope that he pulls through… we haven’t seen him actually die yet so he’s not dead until we see it on screen. Could he die in Tony’s arms at the hospital, finally changing his mind to stay out of the business?? I can’t wait until next week! Such quality TV.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wharto on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:20 am

I am so looking forward to watching this tomorrow, I just hope Chase doesn't drop the ball and go for the happy ending, which if what everyone says about Chase is correct then that won't happen.

But here's what must happen;
Philly Leotardo must be killed (obviously)
Closure on the Junior situation (Dominic Chianese has been superb when he has been in it this series)
The ducks must be in it!
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fievel on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:02 am

wharto wrote:I am so looking forward to watching this tomorrow, I just hope Chase doesn't drop the ball and go for the happy ending, which if what everyone says about Chase is correct then that won't happen.

Closure on the Junior situation (Dominic Chianese has been superb when he has been in it this series)
The ducks must be in it!

Holy crap.... the ducks.
I had forgotten all about the ducks!!!! That would be the most awesome bookend to the series, but with all that's going on I'd be more than shocked if they found a way to bring them in.

Less than 10 hours until it airs here. :cry:
I've got a lot of time invested in this show - watched every episode since the first. It's going to be a moment tonight. A moment indeed.

Sigh.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby wharto on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:56 pm

Fievel wrote:
wharto wrote:I am so looking forward to watching this tomorrow, I just hope Chase doesn't drop the ball and go for the happy ending, which if what everyone says about Chase is correct then that won't happen.

The ducks must be in it!

Holy crap.... the ducks.
I had forgotten all about the ducks!!!! That would be the most awesome bookend to the series, but with all that's going on I'd be more than shocked if they found a way to bring them in.

Less than 10 hours until it airs here. :cry:
I've got a lot of time invested in this show - watched every episode since the first. It's going to be a moment tonight. A moment indeed.

Sigh.

Less than three months before it airs here!
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Conroy420 on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:01 pm

As awasome as last weeks episode was, I feel the last season and a haft was pretty much wasted so they'll have to be a lot of great stuff happening tonight to redeem the show in my mind.

They could have made some of these events take place over a few more than one or episodes. To have it fully sink in.

It was great having the impact of all these events happening so fast but I dunno, I just think the show DESERVED more than it ended up rolling out.
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial