THE SOPRANOS

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:19 am

Yep! Great episode. Looks like Tony is back on track.
Looks like the season has truly begun...

Last weeks episode was easily the worst of the series.
I was getting scared there for a minute. Thank goodness
yesterday's episode got things back on track.

The Paulie bit was hilarious! As was the "Saw meets the
Godfather" bit. Loved the Buscemi "go into the light" bit
too. Goodness all around.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:43 pm

I have no complaints about this past week's episode... aside from my opinion that Christopher's movie idea sounds like complete ass! It'll be great to have Tony back. Although the hospital scenes brought the family together and showed some true colors of his crew, the season really does need to kick into gear now please.

I think Vito's going to whack Finn.
And then he might kill him too! :lol:
Actually, I don't think Finn will die, but I do hate his name.

I like Bobby, but he's a whipped idiot (the scene where Silvio was put in the ambulance). Maybe this will be a switch and Janice will be killed and her spouse/boyfriend will live. I actually thought Silvio might die in this past episode. I wonder if when he dies, if his pompadour loses its hold and his hair just falls flat... you know, kind of like a hair version of how a person's bowels and bladder evacuate themselves at the time of death.

I also liked how Christopher started to put the verbal beatdown on Anthony regarding his desire to kill Uncle Junior. I'm interested in seeing where that'll go.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Not one mention of the raid on the Columbians gone wrong? That was fucking brilliant.

Buscemi back if only for a minute was nice, I hope thats an indicator that he was around on set to direct an upcoming episode although Jack Bender can sure direct a good episode too.

Great episode.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:05 pm

Oh yeah JL! They were both a great scenes; the inept
hit on the Columbians and the Buscemi...

In the Buscemi scene, I really loved the children's voices
coming from the trees. It reminded me of Kurosawa
almost. I found that whole scene rather touching...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:25 pm

I liked the scene at the party in Tony's mind. It was heaven after all, a nice touch to see Tony B there.

I wonder what's going to happen next? I was really hoping AJ was going to go after Uncle Jun but they squashed that, or is that what they want us to think?
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:33 pm

Just wondering: Is Tony a little whacked in the head now?

Was he deprived of oxygen too long?

I don't like that.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:04 pm

Conroy420 wrote:I wonder what's going to happen next? I was really hoping AJ was going to go after Uncle Jun but they squashed that, or is that what they want us to think?

A mob boss in federal custody would be nearly impossible for a 19 year old loser like AJ to touch.

I too wonder how different Tony may be during the rest of the season. I thought the Buscemi bit was more a metaphor for Tony trying to let go of the guilt over Tony B. (handing over the briefcase) then an afterlife type of metaphor.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:36 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:Just wondering: Is Tony a little whacked in the head now?

Was he deprived of oxygen too long?

I don't like that.

He seems alert and ready to go in the previews for the next episode.
At least I think I remember him being so.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Adriana's body...

Postby Tenacious_B on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:45 pm

Something occurred to me in the first episode of the new season. The place where Adriana got wacked by Silvio last season looked alot like the land where Carmella is building her spec house. In the season premiere, In a dream sequence Adriana was at the house with Carm...and then Carm found out they basically had to start the house over from scratch. I wonder if in the re-building process they will discover Adriana's body...thereby making Tony Soprano a suspect. I mean think about it...a missing FBI informants dead body found on property owned by the man she was ratting on. This would throw Carmella into the legal fray as well. Would be an interesting plot thread indeed...
Tenacious_B
GLIB

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:02 pm

btw, did we ever actually see Adriana's dead body?
i don't remember...

i know we hear her get whacked, but if i recall, the
shot was off camera. maybe she survived?
i hope not, cause she totally deserved it...

i also hope somebody whacks Carmella. she's just
so goddamn irritating.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Re: Adriana's body...

Postby jgraphix on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:09 pm

Tenacious_B wrote:Something occurred to me in the first episode of the new season. The place where Adriana got wacked by Silvio last season looked alot like the land where Carmella is building her spec house. In the season premiere, In a dream sequence Adriana was at the house with Carm...and then Carm found out they basically had to start the house over from scratch. I wonder if in the re-building process they will discover Adriana's body...thereby making Tony Soprano a suspect. I mean think about it...a missing FBI informants dead body found on property owned by the man she was ratting on. This would throw Carmella into the legal fray as well. Would be an interesting plot thread indeed...

That is a good theory and would play out nicely.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby Dashing Roger on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:11 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:i also hope somebody whacks Carmella. she's just
so goddamn irritating.

wow. you'd really want to see that? i don't think i've heard anybody say that before. i think carmela's character is a much-needed part of the show, and falco's performances rise above everyone else's. they always have. she brought the house down in the final ep of season 4. i, for one, would hate it if they got rid of carmela.
"We can make a deal, Mister Bond. I'll get you a delicatessen, made out of stainless steel." - Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Dashing Roger
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Dashing Roger wrote:
so goddamn irritating.

wow. you'd really want to see that? i don't think i've heard anybody say that before. i think carmela's character is a much-needed part of the show, and falco's performances rise above everyone else's. they always have. she brought the house down in the final ep of season 4. i, for one, would hate it if they got rid of carmela.

totally! i can't stand her! i know i'm in the minority, but she
really just pisses me off. that whole bit last season about
wanting to get what shes "owed" from Tony, but also maintaining
this kind of bullshit moral superiority -- as if she wasn't just as
bad as Tony (if not worse). I mean, shit, she benefits more than
anyone else from Tony's work and she has the nerve to call him
on it? Goddamn, that really pissed me off.

I kinda hate Tony's whole family, actually. Meadow's not so
bad, but Carmella and the whiney bitch ass son have to die.

I don't expect them to get whacked, but I would be really
happy if they did...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Dashing Roger on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:23 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Meadow's not so bad, but Carmella and the whiney bitch ass son have to die.

LOL. fair enough, my friend. AJ is a whiney bitch, isn't he?
Dashing Roger
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby jgraphix on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:28 pm

I think that the conflict between her and Tony is part of what makes her character great. I mean, she is able to make you guys fume with hate..that's some good acting...and partly what her character is supposed to do. The only complaint I have of Falco is her nasily voice...it's like nails on a chalkboard.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:32 pm

jgraphix wrote:I think that the conflict between her and Tony is part of what makes her character great. I mean, she is able to make you guys fume with hate..that's some good acting...and partly what her character is supposed to do. The only complaint I have of Falco is her nasily voice...it's like nails on a chalkboard.

I agree with that. I love to hate her!

DIE CARMELLA DIE!!!

I hated Adriana too, but only after she
started snitching on the family.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:11 pm

There is no way Adrianna got whacked on that same piece of land. Sil would have kept track of where he put her and thus would have told Tony when Tony bought the land for the spec house. Remember when Tony B and Christopher had to go up to the farm last season to dig up Christopher's first and the two brothers because they were selling the property?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bamf on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:There is no way Adrianna got whacked on that same piece of land. Sil would have kept track of where he put her and thus would have told Tony when Tony bought the land for the spec house. Remember when Tony B and Christopher had to go up to the farm last season to dig up Christopher's first and the two brothers because they were selling the property?

One thing that confused me about that episode was this. Was not Ralphs head buried in that same field with the Back-ho? They never addresed that, or did they forget?
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:37 pm

I think they did adress that in a small exchange between Tony and Christopher because no one else knows for sure that Tony whacked Ralphie. Tony said something to Chris about it privately.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:01 am

Dashing Roger wrote:
so goddamn irritating.

I have to disagree with all of the Carm hating. I think after all of this so far this season it would be cool if she kinda became the secret eyes in the back of Tony's head. It just made me think when she saw Pauly and the amazing G@y Gangster and then told Tony about it, they could help each other out and then not bitch at each other so much. She has the evil in her they just need to let it out.
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Fievel on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:33 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:I have to disagree with all of the Carm hating. I think after all of this so far this season it would be cool if she kinda became the secret eyes in the back of Tony's head. It just made me think when she saw Pauly and the amazing G@y Gangster and then told Tony about it, they could help each other out and then not bitch at each other so much. She has the evil in her they just need to let it out.

Ahhhh.... and then she could truly become his mother! I agree with this though. The character of Carmella can never seem to decide who she wants to be even though she knows who she truly is (THE mobster's wife). I think she needs to take a step back, realize who she is, and let the beast out.

Sidenote: After watching Falco play the prison guard in Oz, I thought she handled this polar-opposite character extremely well. I hope she doesn't fade away as an actress after Sopranos ends next year.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Last nights was one of the deepest episodes of TV I have ever seen, all the theological discussions, Tony searching for meaning and seemingly finding his own take on his place in the world, a bit of Buddhism, a bit of Christianity, lots of existential stuff about seeing the larger picture and everything being connected.

Paulie cracked me up, when he started crying at the mothers love and protection for her son I couldn't help but PAMPILASH, then to see him just go and take out the poor kids knee, well I guess Paulie still has a long way to go.

I'm probably reading way too much into this but when Tony called Carmela "Blondie" (The Good) and Phil walks in I couldn't help from seeing him as "Angel Eyes" (The Bad) which I guess makes Tony "Tuco" (The Ugly) aka humanity. As I said this was probably me reading way too much into it, I was wondering if I was alone in thinking this.

Buscemi directs next weeks so it should be an absolute classic if his track record is anything to go by.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:38 pm

My father was just completely shocked that any kid from that area of Jersey, who's parents ran a waste disposal company did not understand it was mobbed up.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:51 pm

The scenes with the pastor, especially in front of Christopher & company were just uncomfortable (which is a good sign).
I loved how the one scene had a mob boss, a rap star that wants to be a gangsta with street cred, and Hal fucking Holbrook as a genius (was he an astrophysicist?) all watching a boxing match as Holbrook pontificated on the deeper meanings of life.
Paulie's story was simply just sad. Yes, in the end he ended up beating the crap out of that guy, but if you noticed he demanded $4,000 a month from him - the cost of his adoptive mother's stay at the upscale retirement home..... but doesn't want Tony to know - I'm assuming so that Tony doesn't know that after all that, Paulie still loves his adoptive mother. The scene where Paulie left the hospital room to cry was one of the best of the series, showing the actual human being that lies behind Paulie's monster of a mobster mask that he wears on a daily basis.

Worst part of the episode - A.J. is now working at Blockbuster. Doesn't he know that he's aiding in the destruction of mom & pop and niche video stores around the country by doing this!?!?
Shame on him.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm

Fievel wrote: he demanded $4,000 a month from him - the cost of his adoptive mother's stay at the upscale retirement home..... but doesn't want Tony to know - I'm assuming so that Tony doesn't know that after all that, Paulie still loves his adoptive mother.

Actually I think it shows he wants to still keep her there but he is too much of a penny pinching Struggling Background Artist to pay for it out of hiw other take.....Plus he doesn't want Tony to know , not because he still cares for his "mom", but because Tony gave his word the kid would not be touched which would bring major heat down on him.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:14 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Plus he doesn't want Tony to know , not because he still cares for his "mom", but because Tony gave his word the kid would not be touched which would bring major heat down on him.

Oh man, I had forgotten about that! Between Paulie, Vito, and Phil, I wonder who's going to die first. I LOVE the fact that Carmella DID in fact warn Tony about Vito.

A downside of this week's episode was that nobody got whacked.... although Bobby's side job of shooting the rapper in the buttocks was hilarious. Especially as he fled the scene... I was howling out loud.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:03 pm

Excellent, excellent episode! I really like where Tony's character
is going. Will he reach enlightenment, or will he be dragged
back in?

Best line of the whole show last night was from Tony after
hearing the goofy ass anti-evolution rant from captain evangeical
pants in regards to dinosaurs and people living together:

"What, you mean like in The Flintstones?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Beeyopteeful! I couldn't stop laughing after that...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:34 pm

My fav was Hesh in reaction to the statement
"The Evangilicals are great friends of the Jews since they view Isreal as the holy land"
Hesh: "You wait."
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:03 pm

"What, you mean like in The Flintstones?"

Hesh: "You wait."

Seriously, the more I think about it, the better the episode gets - both story and dialogue. Great lines!!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby bamf on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:58 pm

Tony sizing up the room and then deciding who to make an example of. That was awesome. Vito, dead or alive?
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:08 pm

Vito, maybe still alive... I think if he killed himself, we woulda
seen it, right?

Tony sizing up the room was beatifully done, but man, he is
fuckin' out of his mind.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MrMadCow13 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:01 pm

I don't think Vito killed himself. They already had a suicide this season, and it would be too much of a cop out. I personally wanna see someone whack him.

Glad to see that Tony's still a badass, though.
MrMadCow13
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 pm

Yeah I don't think Vito killed himself either, I think he's going to go down fighting or we just wont see him in the show for a long time until he pops up to kill Tony or something.

Chris giving Tony the speech about "In number 1" was hilarious, those first two films really are like the Mafia Bibles for these guys.

I liked this episode, it was very epic in some respects, the wedding was a big thing to pull off well without it getting boring and I hope Buscemi learned a little something and will use that knowledge to make his next film bigger, I would still have liked a little more surreal violent humour from a Buscemi episode but you can't expect him to get the best scripts everytime he steps up to the plate.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:24 pm

John-Locke wrote:Chris giving Tony the speech about "In number 1" was hilarious, those first two films really are like the Mafia Bibles for these guys.

Lol! Yeah, I loved that too.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby monorail77 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:30 pm

Vito clearly didn't kill himself. He was shown in a preview of next week's episode after last night's episode. Great episode, felt like old style Sopranos. Man Tony is one screwed up guy.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:48 pm

monorail77 wrote:Vito clearly didn't kill himself. He was shown in a preview of next week's episode after last night's episode. Great episode, felt like old style Sopranos. Man Tony is one screwed up guy.

Do keep in mind Big Pussy also showed up after his death.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby monorail77 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:22 pm

From the clip, I am confident Vito is alive and well for at least part of the next ep.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Fievel on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:07 pm

Vito in leather was a sight that didn't need to be seen. What the hell, did the Wachowski brothers write this last one!?!?

Vito's fate can have some interesting effects. If he dies, will Finn and Meadow still get married now that Finn isn't threatened by Vito? Will Paulie slink back into his normal role of a Tony Soprano supporter? Will the two guys that saw him tell their bosses what they saw?

Either way, crazy or not - it's good to see Tony back.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bob Samonkey on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:31 pm

Do leather clubs still exist? I thought that was sooo 1980's
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby bamf on Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:07 am

For four writers to handle a episode they sure did talk alot about the same thing. Not much happening in this weeks ep except Vitos big Dumbledore day out. Tim Van Patten was solid as ever. Most interesting line for me this week, Tony saying Vito isnt the first, oh ya, and getting a pass when you are in prison. And does anyone else find it ironic or hypocritical for them to call what Vito does a sin, considering the buisness they are in? Like Tony telling Melfi hes a catholic, yes, a catholic Jersey crime boss. Right..
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Conroy420 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:21 am

all I know is that the info I read on the main page about next weeks episode really spooked me.

I just hope Vito makes a quick exit!
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Cabiria on Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:01 am

Conroy, I read the spoilers on the main page too, and they got to me too! Argggh!

I find it interesting that this season is all about betrayal, and how fast Tony's friends can turn. Sure it's been there in the past, but this season we have the men talking about who will be Tony's replacement in the hospital (he wasn't even dead and they were angling for leadership), the split second ridicule of Johnny S at his wedding (where everyone is making fun of him crying) and now this week's really tough outing of Vito. If it wasn't obvious before, it is completely obvious now- this is a viper pit, and there is NO ONE to be trusted.
Cabiria
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Chairman Kaga on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:46 pm

Well duuuuuhhhhhhh
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:47 pm

If I'm going to have to suffer Vito raping Finn, I want Meadow in a really hot sex scene with nudity.

It's only fair. I know someone mentioned this in the TB, but it is worthy of repetition.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Iconoclastica on Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:58 pm

bamf wrote:For four writers to handle a episode they sure did talk alot about the same thing. Not much happening in this weeks ep except Vitos big my lover day out. Tim Van Patten was solid as ever. Most interesting line for me this week, Tony saying Vito isnt the first, oh ya, and getting a pass when you are in prison. And does anyone else find it ironic or hypocritical for them to call what Vito does a sin, considering the buisness they are in? Like Tony telling Melfi hes a catholic, yes, a catholic Jersey crime boss. Right..

Having grown up in a town where at least two kids in my class had fathers who were casualties to the mob, I can honestly tell you they are ALL self-proclaimed *devout* Catholics, paying an enormous amount of respect to their Italian roots. Every one of them goes to church with their family every Sunday (you should see the spectacle of cars in the parking lot). While I doubt any of them engage in confession, there is a certain amount of self righteous justification/denial involved in this line of business, to say the least . . .

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:08 pm

So am I crazy or has every song at the end of each eps skipped this season?
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Chairman Kaga on Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:16 am

I think your cable is acting up.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:17 pm

That was a weird ass episode, hilarious at times like with the rabbit or Lauren Bacall getting decked which made me scream with laughter. It's set some stuff up, I hope the pay off is worth it because really not a lot happened in this episode.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:45 pm

Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall?

BRILLIANT!!!

Lauren Bacall getting decked for her doggie purse?

BRILLIANT!!!!

Charmaine Bucco's huge ass boobies . . .

BRILLIANT!!!
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby bamf on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:05 pm

Christopher slipping again. Keep that kid away from the snow. And once Tony gets back to full strength, do you think hes going to start cheating on Carmela again?
bamf
SUSAN CAGLE

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial