24 Season 8

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: 24 Season 8

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:48 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:I think you all should DVR the show. I don't have to wait for the commercials, and it makes this thing pass like a 30 minute sitcom, or something. I think some of you might enjoy it more in that format.

normally that's what i do, though i was unable this week because i am away from home.
honestly, i'd rather watch the commercials than more of the lame starbuck subplot. i may take my own advice and start FFing through that shit when i finally get the chance.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby MadCapsule on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Redneck Boyfriend needs to get Beruzed. Other than that, I'm having a good time with this season. Of course, I keep my expectations low; as long as 24 makes with the Stabby McBangbang every now and then, I'm good.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:42 am

For third time... (damn computer).

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Other than Prochnow's (sp?) fake seriousness and tears all of a sudden, everything was pretty good. Except for a bit of the old Prince Jr. cheesy acting (does he have gas!?)

And once again, JAck proved why you do not fuck with him. Awesome escape from the torture.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:18 am

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:I think I'm done with it. Other than Jack and Freckles making with the stabbings, I found myself picking up a book.

Shitty. I want to get into it.

Of course as soon as I miss a week, it'll start kicking serious ass.

See, I fucked myself there opening my trap last week. Last night was damn good. Jack doing his best Martin Riggs and the promise(?) of the redneck subplot maybe coming to an end at last?

:mrgreen:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 am

Opening with the redneck subplot was not a way to endear me to the episode. I FF'ed through that and the crap with Hassan's family. It made the show a lot better.

We give out immunity like pedobear gives out candy, don't we?
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Jabbadonut on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Jakester wrote:Opening with the redneck subplot was not a way to endear me to the episode. I FF'ed through that and the crap with Hassan's family. It made the show a lot better.

We give out immunity like pedobear gives out candy, don't we?

I kind of like those subplots myself. I didn't at first, but what else is there?
Look! Even Steve is throwing chocolate snowballs . . . oh . . .
Jabbadonut
REAL DRAGON

Postby travis-dane on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 am

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:I think I'm done with it. Other than Jack and Freckles making with the stabbings, I found myself picking up a book.

Shitty. I want to get into it.

Of course as soon as I miss a week, it'll start kicking serious ass.

See, I fucked myself there opening my trap last week. Last night was damn good. Jack doing his best Martin Riggs and the promise(?) of the redneck subplot maybe coming to an end at last?

:mrgreen:

It was a good episode, Prochnow is a damn fine actor.
and the Jack/Riggs thing is dead on.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 am

dammit, agent freckles bauer! don't you know better than to get involved with jack? that's like signing your own death warrant!
so, now that jack bauer has taken a shine to freckles, i guess we better enjoy her while she lasts. she won't make it to the end of the season.

at least the redneck died this episode. that's progress.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:26 am

you know, as i reflect back on tonight's episode, i think i've figured something out. as much as i've hated the stupid redneck subplot, i finally understand its purpose: to distract us from how lame and uninspired and boring the main plot is. seriously, i could care less about nuclear fuel rods and middle eastern dictators and ctu politics. it's all just a rehash of things we've seen a million times before on this show. the only thing i really care about on the show any more is agent freckles. i think i'd rather just watch a whole hour of her, sitting alone in that interrogation room, staring pensively off into space. those scenes were more entertaining than anything else in tonight's episode.

the show is spent. they've run out of ideas and juice. it's supposed to be a thriller, it's supposed to be tense and surprising. it's none of those, and really hasn't been in a while. the only way to keep this show going is to do something really radical. 24 has a formula, and despite a few cosmetic changes here and there, moving to dc or nyc, the formula itself never changes. they have to blow up that old formula because it doesn't work any more.

therefore, here is how to save 24.

1) zombies. i think i've written about this idea before, maybe in here or somewhere else, but seriously, after you've faced down terrorists and spies and evil presidents, what's left? zombies. that's all. can you imagine a whole season of 24 where jack bauer has to fight off a zombie plague? they'd probably lose some viewers who thought it was too outrageous, but so what? those people suck anyway. the people who would continue to watch would love it. i seriously want to see jack bauer try to torture a zombie.

2) they cryogenically freeze jack bauer and then bring him back 400 years into the future. that would really shake things up. imagine jack bauer trying to track down terrorists on a spaceship headed on a diplomatic mission to alpha centauri, trying to disrupt their mission. plus, they'd finally have a good excuse for all the nonsensical technobabble in this show. they can replace it with star trek technobabble instead. as for chloe, i'm not a big chloe fan so i don't care if they got rid of her, but if the chloe fanboys are all up in arms over it, maybe they can cryogneically freeze her too, or clone her, or something. and agent freckles could be a vampire, who was turned shortly after jack was frozen so now she's immortal and lived into the future. she's already pale enough. c'mon, let's see some "jack bauer in the 25th century"

3) make jack the bad guy. i know i've written about this idea before, because i thought after the bad daddy bauer season, and jack had basically lost everything at that point, they had set up his character perfectly to become a bad guy. but they didn't go that way, obviously. they could still make it work though. at the end of this season, kill off kim bauer and his grandkid and then next season, have jack be all out for revenge. it wouldn't be as cool as my original idea, where jack would have snuck into the original CTU and blew it up, but i'm sure he could do some other spectacular act of revenge.

i bet i could sit here and think up a thousand more ideas for this show, but they'd all have 2 things in common - one, they'd be better than any idea the writers on this show have had in years, and two, they'd have no chance of ever actually being done on the show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 am

TheBaxter wrote:dammit, agent freckles bauer! don't you know better than to get involved with jack? that's like signing your own death warrant!

My thoughts exactly. It's now not a matter of if Freckles will die, but when.

Some guy topside called the redneck van The Mystery Machine.

Well played sir. :mrgreen:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Bax, I love the zombie plot. It's no less outrageous than the crap they show on the screen now. I mean, the dead coming back to life and eating our brains is even more plausible than Dana Walsh actually getting a job at CTU, or any of the crap that happened last season.

Plus, it'd be really goddamned amusing to watch Jack interrogate a zombie.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

TheBaxter wrote:2) they cryogenically freeze Han Bauer and then bring him back 400 years into the future. that would really shake things up. imagine Han bauer trying to track down terrorists on a spaceship headed on a diplomatic mission to Alderahn, trying to disrupt their mission. plus, they'd finally have a good excuse for all the Midichlorians in this show. they can replace it with star Wars technobabble instead. as for Han, i'm not a big Han fan so i don't care if they got rid of him, but if the Han fanboys are all up in arms over it, maybe they can cryogneically freeze him too, or clone him, or something. and agent Leia could be a Jedi, who was turned shortly after Han was frozen so now she's immortal and lived into the future. she's already pale enough. c'mon, let's see some "Star Wars in the 25th century"

Meh! I dunno Bax. It all sounds like it's been done before.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:59 pm

y'know, i was kinda thinking more along the lines of buck rogers. and maybe every time chloe tells him something, she'd say 'BIDDY-BIDDY-BIDDY'
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby The Vicar on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Variety is running a story that says this could be the last season of 24, possible film notwithstanding. I hope that if this is the end, they give the writers time to craft an appropriate conclusion to Jack's adventures, and that he not go out with a whimper. Many have expressed the idea that Jack needs to die at the end of the series, that his death is the only way for this saga to end.
Arse biscuits.
I hope Jack and Renee go off into the sunset, that Jack gets to see his grand-daughter grow up and that when ever the government comes around looking for him to bail out their pitiful asses one more time, that he is no where to be found.
Killing him after all he has gone through and all he has done for his country is bullshit.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Reboot 24 with Werewolves.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Well things were getting somewhat better tonight until the *gasp* reveal.......wanted to throw my Diet Vernors at the frakking tv screen.
At least Chloe manned up...and even Bubba-Gump sprouted a pair.
And the Return of Fem-Bauer.
On overall points, very good ep.
But ANOTHER GODDAMED MOLE????? COME UP WITH SOME NEW SHIT!!!!!
The Vicar

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:10 pm

I rolled my eyes big time, although it was a bit obvious, huh?

MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. BLOODY HUGE MOLE. MOLEY MOLEY MOLE MOLE MOLE. FUCKING MOLE!!!!
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 am

I quite enjoyed Freckles to the Rescue.

Nice to see her back in a mentally alert capacity.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby The Vicar on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:I quite enjoyed Freckles to the Rescue.

Indeed. Basically she's now filling the role that Tony used to fill, until he joined the Dark Side.
The Vicar

Postby Jakester on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 pm

The point of an EMP is it fries the hardware. Re-routing cables to another phone (or power) line won't magically fix them. I don't know what sort of gobbledygook Chloe and NSA tool were spouting, as it made no sense.

That one red shirt w/ Bauer and Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar; didn't he see Saving Private Ryan?! Idiot. I had begun to think that this season was better than last, but wow....the writers aren't even trying any more.

Aside from Rack Bauer, I did not like a single thing in this episode. I wonder, though, how was she able to take out those snipers with a pistol when Jack couldn't do it with an automatic weapon? And how did the lighting get a lot better once she showed up?
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:05 pm

The Vicar wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:I quite enjoyed Freckles to the Rescue.

Indeed. Basically she's now filling the role that Tony used to fill, until he joined the Dark Side.

My problem is, she's a character(unlike Chloe) that I've always liked. Now that she's about to romance Jack, her death is imminent.

Writers, for once do the unexpected and let her live.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Jakester wrote:The point of an EMP is it fries the hardware. Re-routing cables to another phone (or power) line won't magically fix them. I don't know what sort of gobbledygook Chloe and NSA tool were spouting, as it made no sense.

That one red shirt w/ Bauer and Mr. Sarah Michelle Gellar; didn't he see Saving Private Ryan?! Idiot. I had begun to think that this season was better than last, but wow....the writers aren't even trying any more.

Aside from Rack Bauer, I did not like a single thing in this episode. I wonder, though, how was she able to take out those snipers with a pistol when Jack couldn't do it with an automatic weapon? And how did the lighting get a lot better once she showed up?

Ok, there was something even worse than that.

THE GODDAMM MOLE!

Why did she go through all the trouble of nearly fessing up to the investigator, then killing him? Ok, so she was given a second wind but damn, she's a frickin' mole, she would have to kill him anyway at some point!!!

papalazeru

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Jakester wrote:The point of an EMP is it fries the hardware. Re-routing cables to another phone (or power) line won't magically fix them. I don't know what sort of gobbledygook Chloe and NSA tool were spouting, as it made no sense.

Ok, there was something even worse than that.

THE GODDAMM MOLE!

Why did she go through all the trouble of nearly fessing up to the investigator, then killing him? Ok, so she was given a second wind but damn, she's a frickin' mole, she would have to kill him anyway at some point!!!

The Mole was ass. I laughed pretty hard though when she was stuffing him in the ventilation duct.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am

oh my. someone in ctu is a mole. what a surprise. :roll:

funny how the EMP managed to take out all the computers, satellites, lights, pretty much every single electrical device... but their cell phones still worked.

OMG THIS SHOW IS SO DUMB!!!!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 am

Maybe their phones were off at the time of the blast?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MadCapsule on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 am

The NSA people brought in a box o' cell phones.

Man, the women are craaaazy this season! I wonder if Kim's back in LA murdering her family, just for the flyin' fuck of it.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:15 am

MadCapsule wrote:The NSA people brought in a box o' cell phones.

Man, the women are craaaazy this season! I wonder if Kim's back in LA murdering her family, just for the flyin' fuck of it.

i must have missed that part. to be fair, i was dozing off for a lot of the episode.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 am

Dear 24,

well, there's no easy way to say this, so i'll just come right out with it.

it's over. i think it's best if we go our separate ways.

now, now, don't cry. i know it's tough. we've been together a long time, and we've had some rough patches before, but we've always made it through. i mean, those first years, they were awesome baby. they really were. our relationship was so hot in those years, it was like a nuke being set off in the nevada desert. you could be a real cougar sometimes. ok, so you were always a little bit dumb... never really one for intelligent conversations. but we sure had some fun, didn't we baby? yeah, we had a lot of good times together alright. and the action, damn you were good sometimes. but lately it's just been a drag.

for one thing, you never want to try anything new. you just want to do the same things we've always done together, night after night, year after year. to be honest, it's getting a bit boring. where's the excitement? where's the adventure? the thrill is gone, baby. i used to look forward to spending the night with you, and now i can barely stay awake a whole hour. now, i appreciate that you tried bringing someone new into the relationship to spice things up... and agent freckles is hot, no doubt about it. but even she isn't enough to save this thing, dammit! spending time with you now, it's like torture.

let's face it. things started to go downhill a few years ago, when you started having all those daddy issues. and even though you pretty much got through that by the end of the year, things just haven't been the same since. last year was so dull, i can't even remember anything we did together that year. sure, we took a nice vacation to africa, but you were so cranky and irritating the whole time that it ruined the whole trip for me. and when we got back, it was right back to the same dull routine.

oh... and what's with all the moles? i gotta tell ya, babe. i've never really found your moles attractive. i mean, one or two, no problem. but you just seem to get more and more of them every year, and frankly, it's a bit of a turn-off.

all good things must come to an end. now, who knows what the future may bring? maybe you'll grow up a bit, loosen up a little, and mature into a nice grown-up film franchise or something. then maybe we could get together for drinks some night, relive old times, and see how it turns out... hopefully better than it did with my last eX(-files). but for now, i think it's best if we just stop seeing each other for a while.

i'll miss you. but this really is for the best, for both of us.
and remember... we'll always have anthrax,
sincerely,
TheBaxter
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 am

Cracking letter Bax.

All too true.

Also, the EMP as stated above, didn't take everything out, if I remember correctly they said something about it taking down (frying) 80% of their systems, so some clever rerouting may have worked although highly unbelievable.

papalazeru

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:13 am

TheBaxter wrote: i gotta tell ya, babe. i've never really found your moles attractive. i mean, one or two, no problem. but you just seem to get more and more of them every year, and frankly, it's a bit of a turn-off.

Well played sir. :lol:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:47 am

I can only surmise that the writers believed that Starbuck's storyline would be strengthened by the recent turn of events. Instead, it skipped ALF and went from stupid to full on brain-dead.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 am

i used to think the writers and producers of this show were just lazy. but pulling the mole card AGAIN!?!? that's not just lazy... it actually shows contempt for the audience. i mean, this show is full of cliches, but probably the biggest cliche of them all is the "mole in CTU". and the writers and producers HAVE to know that. nothing else on this show gets ridiculed as routinely. they can't honestly believe that anybody would be shocked or surprised by this, not after it's already happened on practically EVERY SINGLE PREVIOUS SEASON OF THE SHOW. so to do this again, all it means is they just don't care anymore. they're not even trying. and if they don't care, why should we?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 am

Agreed. They seem to think we all want to see this shit over and over.

McDonalds has a more rigorous background check than CTU apparently.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby papalazeru on Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:50 am

24 is no more

CANCELLED!!!

papalazeru

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:22 pm

papalazeru wrote:24 is no more

CANCELLED!!!

While I agree with almost everything thats been said above, I will miss the show.
But everything has to end.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 pm

papalazeru wrote:24 is no more

CANCELLED!!!

no mo' twenty-fo'?

i can't help but think this is a direct result of my decision to stop watching the show this week. sometimes i don't know my own power.

i really had made up my mind to quit the show after last week's episode. but now, knowing it's the last season, i guess i may as well watch the rest and finish this thing out. i hope that knowing the show is ending will inspire them to step up their game and pull out a really crazy and awesome ending. we know they won't kill jack though, they need him for the movie.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RaulMonkey on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah, this is a well-timed cancellation. I have been so close to giving 24 the cut for the last three weeks it's not even funny. I thought the EMP was bad-ass and that it might have turned out something like your idea, Bax, where Jack blows up CTU, and they wouldn't have the technological resources for the rest of the season. This could have forced the writers into some interesting places, but after Chloe's slick fix-it job, it looks like I'd given them too much credit. Nevertheless, like you, I will now tough it out to the finish line, however lame the journey might be.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:50 pm

now that it's ending, i'll give the producers some more great ideas that they'll never be smart enough to use.

i'm sure they want to go out on a high note and have a really shocking ending. well, i think the most shocking ending they could give this show would be...

to give jack a HAPPY ENDING. i don't mean a massage and a hand job (though that WOULD be pretty shocking, even for fox). i mean they've been setting it up to get him and freckles involved, so in the last episode, they can have jack propose to her and she accepts and they ride off into the sunset, happily ever after, with jack's daughter and son-in-law and grandkid in tow. that would be a shocking ending. i know one day is a pretty short period for courting someone, but this IS 24.

and then, of course, the first scene of the movie would be jack's family getting blown to shit by terrorists, and jack going after them in revenge.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:21 pm

And they could call it The Bauer Supremacy!
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Fare-the-well 24...thank you for bringing Elisha Cuthbert into my life!

And the word Punky Power...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Good episode. Elvis even got a shot off.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby The Vicar on Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Looks like Jack's going to get his hands on Starbuck next week....I was kind of hoping that it would be Renee taking care of that issue.
Full-on chick fight? Please, please, please.......
And that "wet team" was somewhat staffed by red shirts, weren't it? Getting pwntd by Elvis? A resume killer.
The Vicar

Postby Jakester on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Last night's episode was actually pretty good, especially considering the suck fest it has been.
And yes, i'd have much preferred a Rack Bauer v. Starbuck Royal Battle of the Boobs as well.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 pm

There's gonna have to be some pretty wacky plot twists to have all of the old faces come back for the series finale. They should have the terrorist threat completely wrapped up in the 23rd episode, and then have everyone spend the last one doing a "post-mortem" on how CTU handled it. This will require flying in experts such as Aaron Pierce, Milo Pressman, and even a haggard looking Tony Almeida in orange prison garb. Each of these beloved characters will flashback to earlier terrorist crises to illustrate how they might have handled the situation, allowing us to fondly reminisce over all of the crazy times we've had during the last eight years.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm

I prefer a CTU company bar-b-que as the last episode. Everyone's sitting around reminiscing on who stopped what plot. Volleyball between the field agents and the techno-geeks. They bring in Tony and sit him on a dunk tank.

Jack hugs his daughter and grand-daughter, and wonders if life could finally be any sweeter. But then he gets a mysterious text saying that the potato salad has been laced with a poison, and he has 24 hours to find the antidote.

Fade to black...

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:10 pm

i think it should end with jack walking in on a sleeping chloe, who fell asleep watching an old surveillance video of him from season 7. he starts to approach her, when her hand falls, dropping his jack sack on the floor. he reaches down and realizes he doesn't have a jack sack anymore... then he realizes... the bioweapon that infected him last season, he wasn't cured after all. he actually died. and the whole season, he's been a ghost. then he sees a bright light, he tells the sleeping chloe goodbye, and fades away.

red clock numbers counting down, ba-DUMP. ba-DUMP. you know the drill.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

I like the idea of doing flashbacks because it could also follow in that other great tradition of series finales--the two-hour extended episode. Only an hour of time will pass in the show, but it will be padded out with sweet nostalgia.

You could also shoot new footage for the flashbacks if you wanted to have the actors who played dead characters come back, a la Burgess Meredith in "Rocky V." Show stuff that happened while the original episode was focussed on something else. Have Xander Berkeley return as George Mason, puking up blood as he enjoys a Hot Pocket in the CTU breakroom.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:30 pm

how about a 25-hour final episode. at the end of the first hour, after NYC has been destroyed, jack turns the frozen donkey wheel and goes back in time by a day, and then they redo the whole season from the start. and the first thing he can do when the day starts over is shoot starbuck and her redneck ex-bf in the head.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Or, seeing as how next Monday's episode will begin at exactly 6:00am, it could start with Jack waking up in bed to the sweet sounds of Sonny and Cher on the clock radio. He emerges into the apartment disoriented to find his granddaughter watching cartoons. "Teri?! How come you're not in Los Angeles?" Kim enters the room. "Kim! Dammit. You have to get out of the city. A dirty bomb is going to go off in fifteen minutes!" After much confusion Jack realizes that he's miraculously gained a day, and spends the remainder of the season leisurely picking off everyone associated with the terrorist plot. He also takes advantage of his newfound free time to catch up with some old friends before moving back to the West Coast, stopping in for lunch with Janis Gold, a beer with Morris O'Brian etc. The final episode culminates with a huge reunion at a coffeehouse in SoHo, and in the closing moments we pan over everyone's smiling and contented faces as they take in a performance by special guest star Susan Justice.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12 pm

I thought this last episode was particularly strong. Good stuff really. It seems that the Starbuck mole thing goes a bit deeper, so that's cool ("I was told to help you, not blow my cover." - Told by whom? Larger conspiracy?). But mainly, it had a good pace, and it held it throughout. There was a Cherry Jones sighting, since she's seemed to fade away this season, and that's a good thing. Overall, one of the better efforts of the season I think.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial