24 Season 8

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: 24 Season 8

Postby papalazeru on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:42 am

What's all this love I'm hearing for the last episode?

It was the best of the popcorn type episodes but it's just fallen out into one big heap. The US turns on Jack, again?!?!? OK, this time it's not his own fault but.....and...Elite soldiers??!?!?! Taken down by Jack and Freckles?...come on....just come on. As for the mole angle, geez, like we haven't had a bigger conspiracy theory before.

Still, at no point do I say the show is no fun, I'm making popcorn as we speak in preparation for next weeks :D
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:55 am

c'mon now, it wasn't just jack and freckles...

arab elvis took one out too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Jakester on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Plus, isn't Chuck Norris the only person to strike fear in the heart of Jack Bauer? Norris wasn't on that team.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 pm

They should have called the Expendables. Might have stood a chance.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:58 am

Elvis. R.I.P.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:08 am

Last night was probably the best two hours of the show that I've seen in a few years. There were still some stupid things, but there always are on 24. They just weren't mind-numbingly stupid, and there was a bit of tension. I hope they can keep it up for the remainder of the season.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Vicar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Very solid two hours, no doubt. I actually felt pretty bad when Elvis bit the Whopper of Death....but I felt better when the louses in the White HOuse got arrested and Starbuck got the Bauer Up Against the Wall treatment. Should have been more of a beat down. But now that she isn't going to get shit for Hassan, I wonder how she's going to try to blackmail her former fiancee, cause you KNOW it's coming.
I'm hoping they can keep trending these final episodes up, because Jack dese4rves a righteous and proper send off.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby The Vicar on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm

It was also a nice and fitting touch that they did the "silent clock" countdown at the end of the episode.
Spoiler Elvis earned it.
The Vicar

Postby RaulMonkey on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:16 pm

I just realized last night: in this, the only Obama-era season of 24 (much of Season 7 was written before the writers' strike in 2007, and then a lot more of it during 2008) Jack Bauer hasn't tortured anybody yet! Am I crazy? Jack's been tortured a couple of times, and then A.E. got it last night. So there's been plenty of torture to go around, but none doled out by Jack himself ...yet. Not saying that's a good thing or a bad thing. Just noteworthy.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 pm

So when was there a two hour stretch as good as that? Beginning of season 6, but then they couldn't hang with what they set up? But still, I don't think that was as good as last night. Those two hours were amazing. My wife and I were on the edge of our seats the whole time. That hasn't happened all season. Hearts were racing. Tears at the end. Damn good. Those episodes were welcome reminders why this show was once (is?) considered the best on TV.

Wow. Didn't see that coming this season. It would be amazing if the show could keep that momentum for the remainder, but I think that's a tall order.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 am

i agree, that's the best 2 hours of the show this season for sure... not including the jack axe attack and any scene with freckles bauer.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:34 pm

a week late, but better late than never...

i post this video in honour of Dead Arab Elvis.

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby The Vicar on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:05 pm

Two silent clocks in a row.....a few other interesting developments too, but damn.....
The Vicar

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Man, I can't believe Freckles is dead. Dead Renee + Chloe in charge = Rampage Jack for the rest of the season.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:24 pm

if ever there was an episode that deserved this response, it was tonight's....

DAMMIT!

in other news...

i knew freckles was the kind of girl who would be on top

and

the fate of freckles has been predictable for some time, but didn't expect it to happen so soon after they fucked.
at least jack got to hit that before it happened though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

Shit. What a great last three hours it's been. Felt like I got punched in the gut. But who didn't see it coming. I told my wife, "If they start kissing, she's a goner." When they started having sex, I looked at my wife and said, "there's no question now." But I'll be honest. I didn't see it coming in the same damn episode. They cut right to the chase!

But it's good to see Charles Logan back. He's my favorite character from the later seasons, and he's just someone you love to hate.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby The Vicar on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Well, tonight was merely a time waster, setting up the finishing arc for the rest of the season. President Taylor turns out to be a douche whistle, which was a bit of a disappointment, but I guess they all can't be like President Palmer ( the 1st).
Kind of a let down after the prior two hours.

And I miss Freckles Bauer.
Sigh.
The Vicar

Postby Jakester on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Of course the Prez would take the peace accord over Jack's justice. He'd tell Milo the same thing if someone blew away Chloe, wouldn't he? What I don't understand is why no one thought about bringing everything to light AFTER the accord had been signed? The Russians would be embarrassed in front of the world, but wouldn't be able to pull out. It's a big win for Jack and America. All Jack would have to do was sit tight for two hours. Then beat the frak out of Starbuck.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Vicar on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Chloe...you shit.
President Taylor, you shit.
Ethan....you da man.
Michael Madsen!!! Yee ahh booyy!!!
The Vicar

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 pm

What was with Madsen's vagina neck? Was that really necessary for the character? It's like the make up department had some extra cash to blow or something before the show went off the air. Another weak episode, compared to the awesomeness we got a few weeks ago.

And who was complaining that we weren't getting any torture this season? Looks like your prayers were answered.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:What was with Madsen's vagina neck? Was that really necessary for the character? It's like the make up department had some extra cash to blow or something before the show went off the air. Another weak episode, compared to the awesomeness we got a few weeks ago.

And who was complaining that we weren't getting any torture this season? Looks like your prayers were answered.

i was glad to starbuck get water boarded. but really, it's the writers who came up with that character in the first place who really deserved it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

The Vicar wrote:Ethan....you da man.

Seconded.

Now we just need him and consummate professional Aaron Pierce to team up with Jack and Cole and bring the whole shithouse to it's knees.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 pm

After two or three decent episodes, we go back to the stupid. And we get the stupid in the first minute or two. Apache helicopters are ARMY gear, not Air Force. I'm not a military weapons nut or anything and I know this crap.

The only good thing was waterboarding Starbuck, but hell, Coto and Braga should be waterboarded for writing such drivel...
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby The Vicar on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:
The Vicar wrote:Ethan....you da man.

Seconded.

Now we just need him and consummate professional Aaron Pierce to team up with Jack and Cole and bring the whole shithouse to it's knees.

If they don't bring back Aaron Pierce for the final season, I will refuse to go see their 24 film.
I thought that might have been where Jack was going when he was calling on an "old friend" for some help.
Paging Agent Pierce?
NO!! We get some character we've never even seen before.
Blow me, 24 writers.
The Vicar

Postby Jakester on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 am

The Vicar wrote:Blow me, 24 writers.

They'd probably fail at that, too.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed May 05, 2010 12:09 am

So, what did everyone think of the last show?

Finally nice to see that bitch Starbuck or whatever get what was coming.

"Jack what can I do?"

NOTHING!

BLAM BLAM!!!!

Although, I have to ask, if you called in that there was enemy sniper fire on the roof, would you send your whole team up there to get picked off? Not too smart, I think.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 05, 2010 9:19 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:Although, I have to ask, if you called in that there was enemy sniper fire on the roof, would you send your whole team up there to get picked off? Not too smart, I think.

in 24-Land, that's called smart tactical thinking.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed May 05, 2010 11:53 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:So, what did everyone think of the last show?

Finally nice to see that bitch Starbuck or whatever get what was coming.

"Jack what can I do?"

NOTHING!

BLAM BLAM!!!!

Although, I have to ask, if you called in that there was enemy sniper fire on the roof, would you send your whole team up there to get picked off? Not too smart, I think.

Jack shooting cops and executing pretty much everybody in his way. Where will this end? Hopefully the last scene of the final episode is a pov from the scope of Jack's sniper rifle putting one into Logan's forehead.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Message to terrorists:

Don't eat the fucking sim card.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 am

if there's one thing we've learned from this season of 24, it's this:

DO NOT COCKBLOCK JACK BAUER

if you come between jack bauer and the poon, it can be seriously detrimental to your health.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby MacCready on Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 am

We are building up to a giant ass whupping....rocking good news.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Yeah, I think the writers understand that fans really want to see Jack come unhinged. And more so, they really want to see Charles Logan get his comeuppance.

And that had to be the most gruesome torture scene in the history of the show. It was like a buffet of torture, ending with a disembowelment.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MacCready on Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:Yeah, I think the writers understand that fans really want to see Jack come unhinged. And more so, they really want to see Charles Logan get his comeuppance.

And that had to be the most gruesome torture scene in the history of the show. It was like a buffet of torture, ending with a disembowelment.

Yes indeedie.....a full course of titty twisting, gut wrenching, blow torching payback.
Hopefully Logan will get it worse.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 am

And what was that stuff he was squirting on the open wounds? Gas? Lemon juice?
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MacCready on Wed May 12, 2010 10:59 am

I think it was lighter fluid. We didn't get to the "holding up a lit match" phase of the precedings, though. Lighter fluid in open wounds would cause a definite ouch moment.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

Wow, I didn't see the masked Bauer attack coming. Right out of a Michael Mann movie, that was.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't buy the farm next week, movie or not.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby MacCready on Tue May 18, 2010 10:19 am

Either way, it was nice to see Logan get Bauered. And Pwnt. Can't wait to see what happens next week....but honestly, sports fans, without Jack Bauer there is no 24 film, unless they go retro and show something that happened before the events being played out. I doubt they'll do that.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TheBaxter on Tue May 18, 2010 10:48 am

the one man jack bauer attack squad on logan's motorcade was great (never mind how implausible it was, it was much more entertaining than most of the improbable stuff on the show). my only complaint was that it was over so quickly. i wouldn't have minded a whole episode of masked jack taking down the russians. just seeing the aftermath was impressive enough though. i guess jack has really succumbed to the dark side. if there was any ambiguity there, his donning the Darth Bauer mask and suit made it obvious. the shot of him when he opens the bag and stares down at the mask, reminded me of the scene where the vader mask gets lowered down on anakin in Sith... like he knows what he's become, but it's too late to turn back.

this has been a pretty terrible season for the most part, but at least they are going out on a high note in the final episodes.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

TheBaxter wrote: just seeing the aftermath was impressive enough though.

The whole episode was a series of me saying "Holy fuck." over and over. Man, a fireplace poker in the chest.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby MacCready on Tue May 18, 2010 12:39 pm

I think Jack needs a time-out...or a hug.
And where the frak is Aaron Pierce? Very disappointing.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue May 18, 2010 12:52 pm

MacCready wrote: Aaron Pierce? .

Exactly. From your mouth to God's ears.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue May 18, 2010 9:05 pm

So let me get this straight. We're getting some solid episodes, and you guys want them to shoehorn in some random character from a few seasons ago? Bringing him back last season was implausible enough. Let it go folks. The end of the series should focus on Jack, like they're doing.

And I have to admit that seeing Jack massacre everyone was great. Although part of me wanted him to kill Logan (although he's always a step ahead, and that bug on Logan was brilliant. He knew he couldn't trust that bastard!)

But really, Makarov got killed offscreen? Really, 24? Damn, that poker in the chestshould have been given prominence.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby MacCready on Tue May 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Aaron Pierce is no random character. Other than Jack, he is the only character to appear in all the previous seven seasons, played a pivotal in seasons 2, 4, 7 and especially 5. He could have easily performed the function that they brought Michael Madsen in to fulfill, so it would not have been shoe horning at all.

And the poker was considerably below the chest, much more in the belly section. Easier to penetrate than sternum.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am

i don't think aaron could have performed the michael madsen role, because it would've ultimately meant he wouldve had to help jack kidnap a president. as a (former) secret service agent, i dont think aaron would or could go that far
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed May 19, 2010 12:25 am

TheBaxter wrote:i don't think aaron could have performed the michael madsen role, because it would've ultimately meant he wouldve had to help jack kidnap a president. as a (former) secret service agent, i dont think aaron would or could go that far

Agreed.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby travis-dane on Wed May 19, 2010 6:35 am

Jesus Christ, Jack is bringing down the Man OLEG style!
Great stuff and the second half of this season is badass.
Go out in style Jack.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby MacCready on Wed May 19, 2010 9:02 am

Nachokoolaid wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i don't think aaron could have performed the michael madsen role, because it would've ultimately meant he wouldve had to help jack kidnap a president. as a (former) secret service agent, i dont think aaron would or could go that far

Agreed.

You're forgetting the little piece of personal history Logan & Pierce share. And alot of things happen to people when they're off camera...we have no idea what happened to Martha Logan after she tried to cut her ex's throat, but I'm guessing that she wound up in the Bug House and a reasonable man could hold Charles Logan responsible for that. Also the fact that Logan disgraced the office Aaron had so much respect for. People change.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 am

MacCready wrote:
Nachokoolaid wrote:

Agreed.

You're forgetting the little piece of personal history Logan & Pierce share. And alot of things happen to people when they're off camera...we have no idea what happened to Martha Logan after she tried to cut her ex's throat, but I'm guessing that she wound up in the Bug House and a reasonable man could hold Charles Logan responsible for that. Also the fact that Logan disgraced the office Aaron had so much respect for. People change.

also... why would aaron have had access to all the surveillance equipment and weaponry that jack needed? that's what jack went to him for in the first place. aaron was just a secret service guy. jack needed someone who was a former spook and special ops guy, and who had that kind of specialized equipment and expertise on hand. aaron wouldn't have been any help to him.

it's true that people change (and on this show, they pretty much change on an hourly basis) but to suggest that somehow over that short period of time aaron became a spy and did a stint in the special forces would be stretching things quite a bit, even for this show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby MacCready on Wed May 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Jack's been running around with a deep knife wound in his gut all day, which didn't seem to be bothering him all that much, and people are worried about "reality" in this series? Since when? This show has never been about reality; at times it seems that Jack has more in common with the coyote from Roadrunner than a real life law enforcement agent. For all we know an embittered and disillusioned Aaron Pierce has been working as a spook for the CIA since the events of last season. I can't understand why the fact that a goodly number of fans have affection for the character and would have liked to see him run out the string to the end is an occasion for ballbusting, nitpicking and naysaying. For how many years in this thread have some been longing for the return of Naked Mandy? I've read on other boards about people hoping that Tony would resurface. And has everyone forgot the corpse in the wall panels, which is probably beginning to ripen by now? Please.
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby TheBaxter on Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 pm

i thought jack only just got stabbed in the last episode. that guy in the parking garage stabbed him from behind right before he took the elevator up to kill the russians. he hasn't been running around wounded all day.
anyway, this series strains credulity on an hourly basis, but the last thing i want in the series finale is a reminder of how bad the realism and writing can be all over again just before it ends. i'd like to see the writers step up their game and deliver an ending that is at least somewhat logical and believable, at least by 24 standards, which they've been managing to do so far since starbuck died. bringing aaron back at this late stage and in such a forced way would not make me nostalgic for his past appearances, it would just make me roll my eyes.
if they had wanted to bring him back, it could've been done earlier in the season in a more believable way, but at this point, it's either not going to happen at all, or it will be very strained and forced and will distract from the finale. if you want to sate your aaron love, i'd suggest campaigning for him to be in the movie instead.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial