24 Season 8

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: 24 Season 8

Postby swoop91 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:51 pm

I hope that ALF chief in CTU dies pretty soon out of aids.

He has a hatchback, not enough brain power and sligthly fucked up, fuck it, he's fucked up totally.
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Nachokoolaid wrote:I knew the brother was a baddie from the second I saw his ridiculous hair. (Weird hair must run in that family).

not digging Middle Eastern President Elvis?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:37 pm

swoop91 wrote:I hope that ALF chief in CTU dies pretty soon out of aids.

He has a hatchback, not enough brain power and sligthly fucked up, fuck it, he's fucked up totally.

Yeah, what the fuck's up with Bubba Gump? He walks around like it's a five foot ceiling in every room.

Distracting.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:47 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:

Yeah, what the fuck's up with Bubba Gump? He walks around like it's a five foot ceiling in every room.

Distracting.

all of this, of course, means that he will die a heroic death somewhere around hour 18 or so.

either that, or he's a mole.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby swoop91 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 am

TheBaxter wrote:

Distracting.

all of this, of course, means that he will die a heroic death somewhere around hour 18 or so.

either that, or he's a mole.

I hope he dies around hour 5 or so. Or is mutilated by FemaleBauer
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby so sorry on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Distracting.

SERIOUSLY distracting. I want him dead then for no other reason but to stop him from walking around with his knuckles on the ground.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Nick on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:The last ten minutes last night were great. Hopefully Jack has to spend the next 8 hours or so reigning her in.

God bless Former-Agent Crazywoman Freckles

This week's preview looks pretty good

-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby Jakester on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

I am all about Rack Bauer.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby theunforgettablefire on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Lovin' the new middle eastern president. Hating the useless redneck-boyfriend-might-ruin-my-new-life thingy.

Did CTU not do a background check on her when they hired her, or what's the deal?!?
theunforgettablefire
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby so sorry on Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 pm

theunforgettablefire wrote:Lovin' the new middle eastern president. Hating the useless redneck-boyfriend-might-ruin-my-new-life thingy.

Did CTU not do a background check on her when they hired her, or what's the deal?!?

You're not supposed to ask logical questions while watching 24! Verboten!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

the first rule of 24 Club is, you do not question the logical inconsistencies of 24 Club!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nick on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 pm

theunforgettablefire wrote:Did CTU not do a background check on her when they hired her, or what's the deal?!?

If you are a victim of domestic violence you can get a brand new identity and never tell anyone. In fact, claiming domestic abuse is the only somewhat-reliable way to get a new Social Security # IIRC
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Nick wrote:
theunforgettablefire wrote:Did CTU not do a background check on her when they hired her, or what's the deal?!?

If you are a victim of domestic violence you can get a brand new identity and never tell anyone. In fact, claiming domestic abuse is the only somewhat-reliable way to get a new Social Security # IIRC

a REAL gov't background check would uncover something like that easily. if you're going to work for a gov't unit that deals with terrorist threats, they go over your background with a fine-toothed comb. the inability to account for your whereabouts before a certain time or age, and support it with adequate documentation, would raise just as many flags as having something naughty on your record.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:47 pm

If push came to shove from Jack Bauer....I'd take one from the team, just to say that I did, not to say that I'd have a choice in the matter though.

New series = Fucking tops.

I don't know why they make up his face to make him look much older. Are they trying to make him Donald before time?

Oh...and we need more Elisha Cuthbert....MUCH MUCH MORE Elisha Cuthbert. She's still a beaut.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Nick on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:58 pm

papalazeru wrote:Oh...and we need more Elisha Cuthbert....MUCH MUCH MORE Elisha Cuthbert. She's still a beaut.

Indeed... indeed

-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby MadCapsule on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 am

I'm just getting caught up with episodes online.

Boobies, boobies everywhere! It's like they're using them to distract us from the fact that a lot of this season feels pretty recycled. I'm certainly not complaining. Boobies are my preferred method of distraction. It's getting better though.

Did anyone else immediately start giggling during the first or second episode, when the hitmen were chasing Jack up the staircase and the camera zoomed in on the case with the missing emergency axe? I knew a homage to The Shining was coming!

Oh yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised by Freddie Prinz Jr. in this. There was a time when the sight of that guy made me want to punt babies, but that's not the case here. I'm not saying he's great, but no babies have been punted yet.
MadCapsule
SUSAN CAGLE

Postby ONeillSG1 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

MadCapsule wrote:Oh yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised by Freddie Prinz Jr. in this. There was a time when the sight of that guy made me want to punt babies, but that's not the case here. I'm not saying he's great, but no babies have been punted yet.

Give it time.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 am

Omar's brother looks like the dude from CHUCK.

It is distracting.

That is all.

EDIT: HOLY BALLS! Freckles St. McTits sawed off that dudes thumb?!?!? HXC!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 am

Leckomaniac wrote:Omar's brother looks like the dude from CHUCK.

It is distracting.

That is all.

A bit behind are we?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby so sorry on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:41 pm

So I know earlier in this thread I said that one of the keys to enjoying 24 is to not ask logical questions... but I don't know if I can get past this subplot of Agent Starbuck having hid her past from the most technologically advanced Counter Terrorism Unit on the planet. Somebody help me get thru this please! I WANT to like this show again. But this is killing me. AND SHE FUCKING LEFT HER POST DURING A EPIC ASSASINATION ATTEMPT.

Must. Not. Overthink.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:48 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:

It is distracting.

That is all.

A bit behind are we?

Yes.

Hulu is my friend.

EDIT: I seriously don't even know what episode we are on? I almost NEVER watch TV as it airs. I can't stand being restricted that way. I watch shows in spurts. Just how I roll.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:56 pm

so sorry wrote:So I know earlier in this thread I said that one of the keys to enjoying 24 is to not ask logical questions... but I don't know if I can get past this subplot of Agent Starbuck having hid her past from the most technologically advanced Counter Terrorism Unit on the planet. Somebody help me get thru this please! I WANT to like this show again. But this is killing me. AND SHE FUCKING LEFT HER POST DURING A EPIC ASSASINATION ATTEMPT.

Must. Not. Overthink.

the assassination attempt was SOOO 3 hours ago. we're on to weapons-grade uranium purchases and middle eastern coups now!

anyway, i have no explanation for the lame starbuck plot. none at all. it's the dumbest thing this show has done since.... well, since last season when a bunch of guys broke into the white house through an underground tunnel. it would be easier to overlook this latest one if this subplot was in the least bit interesting or entertaining. but it's not.

you need to adjust your approach. "Must. Not. Overthink" is insufficient. try this one instead - "Must. Not. Think. At All."
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:So I know earlier in this thread I said that one of the keys to enjoying 24 is to not ask logical questions... but I don't know if I can get past this subplot of Agent Starbuck having hid her past from the most technologically advanced Counter Terrorism Unit on the planet. Somebody help me get thru this please! I WANT to like this show again. But this is killing me. AND SHE FUCKING LEFT HER POST DURING A EPIC ASSASINATION ATTEMPT.

Must. Not. Overthink.

the assassination attempt was SOOO 3 hours ago. we're on to weapons-grade uranium purchases and middle eastern coups now!

anyway, i have no explanation for the lame starbuck plot. none at all. it's the dumbest thing this show has done since.... well, since last season when a bunch of guys broke into the white house through an underground tunnel. it would be easier to overlook this latest one if this subplot was in the least bit interesting or entertaining. but it's not.

you need to adjust your approach. "Must. Not. Overthink" is insufficient. try this one instead - "Must. Not. Think. At All."

papalazeru

Postby papalazeru on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:25 pm

TheBaxter wrote:

Must. Not. Overthink.

tut tut tut. SPOILERS for Bax...please.

As for adjust your thinking, that should have been done around the 3rd season. This show is crap, but in a good way. It's like playing russian roulette but with characters, someone is going to lose something, it's just a matter of time. I just hope that Jack Bauer has learned not to trust CTU EVA!!!! Chloe, the closest thing he's got to a friend...she's still alive....that means she's a target this season.

How about we see Alameda kick bucket so we don't have to watch him come back later on at some point?

Please, not more pre-24 cultural references...and let's have Jack pass the torch at some point. At the same time, Jack is the one soul reason for watching the show...Him and his most beautiful daughter.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Elisha.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. There's either something wrong with the forums or the new Firefox. My money is on Firefox....for now.

papalazeru

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

It is distracting.

That is all.

A bit behind are we?

Yes.

Hulu is my friend.

EDIT: I seriously don't even know what episode we are on? I almost NEVER watch TV as it airs. I can't stand being restricted that way. I watch shows in spurts. Just how I roll.

You'll be spurting when McFreckles shows up in a bath towel next Monday.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

papalazeru wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:

Must. Not. Overthink.

tut tut tut. SPOILERS for Bax...please.

ha, you think THATS a spoiler? here's a real doozy. one of the CTU people is a mole... and before the season is out, a familiar face will return to the show, and a well-known character will die.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby MacCready on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 am

Crazy former-FBI chick IS very tasty, but I can tell you from grim personal experience that getting involved with someone crazier than yourself is always, always a lousy idea.
And F-FBI C is clearly crazy.
How weird is it that Starbuck and Leoben both end up on 24? Can't envision them having a scene together, but that would be classic. Maybe if they pop Russkie-Leoben and drag him into to CTU HQ?
MacCready
MAN IN SUIT

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

It is distracting.

That is all.

I think Omar's brother is the brown Jason Schwartzman.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:32 pm

RaulMonkey wrote:

It is distracting.

That is all.

I think Omar's brother is the brown Jason Schwartzman.

Yeah, he does look like that too.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:15 am

MacCready wrote:How weird is it that Starbuck and Leoben both end up on 24? Can't envision them having a scene together, but that would be classic. Maybe if they pop Russkie-Leoben and drag him into to CTU HQ?

One could only hope.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby papalazeru on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
MacCready wrote:How weird is it that Starbuck and Leoben both end up on 24? Can't envision them having a scene together, but that would be classic. Maybe if they pop Russkie-Leoben and drag him into to CTU HQ?

One could only hope.

See, I'm a little annoyed at the passing round of so few stars. Surely there are more stars in the entertainment world than from Battlestar Galactica. And how come they all now want to keep cashing in on the Sci-Fi wagon - I'm looking at you too APOLLO!!!

papalazeru

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

papalazeru wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

One could only hope.

See, I'm a little annoyed at the passing round of so few stars. Surely there are more stars in the entertainment world than from Battlestar Galactica. And how come they all now want to keep cashing in on the Sci-Fi wagon - I'm looking at you too APOLLO!!!

If they're available, and we know they're talented enough, why not use them?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
papalazeru wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

One could only hope.

If they're available, and we know they're talented enough, why not use them?

because it's distracting? although, i really really hope we get to see starbuck say "frak" instead of "dammit" at some point.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 am

Between the hick subplot and the incredibly massive and unmovable hair of Saddam, I'm losing the interest.

I want to work at CTU. Unpunished and unrelenting sexual harassment and planning stick ups at my desk. Jesus.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 am

Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:Between the hick subplot and the incredibly massive and unmovable hair of Saddam, I'm losing the interest.

I want to work at CTU. Unpunished and unrelenting sexual harassment and planning stick ups at my desk. Jesus.

i think the key is to DVR it and whenever starbuck or her hick bf show up, FF til you get back to agent freckles. saves some time and aggravation.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 am

TheBaxter wrote:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike wrote:Between the hick subplot and the incredibly massive and unmovable hair of Saddam, I'm losing the interest.

i think the key is to DVR it and whenever starbuck or her hick bf show up, FF til you get back to agent freckles. saves some time and aggravation.

Excellent idea. :lol:
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby Jakester on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Yeah, Katee's awesome, but I just tune out whenever she's on.
Also, why is Rack Bauer so upset about having to bang Ruskie? Going deep undercover, I'm sure she's had to take a big gulp from more than one unsavory commie bastard.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Jakester wrote:Yeah, Katee's awesome, but I just tune out whenever she's on.
Also, why is Rack Bauer so upset about having to bang Ruskie? Going deep undercover, I'm sure she's had to take a big gulp from more than one unsavory commie bastard.

by the way, that must have been the fastest bang in history. no wonder she was upset. there's no way you can satisfy a woman in that little time.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 pm

I liked the random stupidity of that whole thing.

"Yeah, there's a life or death 5 million $ deal about to go down, mind if I have a shower? I know you raped me before and everything but.....I'M FILTHY!"
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Jack Sack: $35

Phony Black-Framed Glasses: $3.50

Weapons-Grade Enriched Russian Uranium: $5,000,000

Agent Freckles Bauer, sopping wet and dropping her towel - PRICELESS!

there are some things suspension of disbelief can buy. for everything else, there's 24.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby travis-dane on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:15 pm

Jürgen Prochnow killed OLEG.
Thats his last mistake.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 pm

travis-dane wrote:Jürgen Prochnow killed OLEG.
Thats his last mistake.

Plus he nailed Bridgette Nielsen. Axel made him pay for that one though.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby quiethell on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 am

I can't believe this show is still so damn good. 8 seasons, and they still find new things to do with his character. I just hope they never try to make it without Jack Bauer... he is 24. And if they do a movie, they better make sure it's amazing.
quiethell
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Nachokoolaid on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 pm

You know you're a badass when you kill a man by flinging a knife into his throat... seconds after it was plunged into your own belly.

Pretty solid episode. Even the parts with Dumbass Hickboy were somewhat suspenseful.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 pm

this was the worst episode of the season, precisely because half the episode was taken up with starbuck and the redneck ex-boyfriend that NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

this could actually be the subplot that causes me to stop watching this show. especially if freckles bauer goes away or dies or becomes less psycho.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Nachokoolaid on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:13 am

TheBaxter wrote:this was the worst episode of the season, precisely because half the episode was taken up with starbuck and the redneck ex-boyfriend that NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

this could actually be the subplot that causes me to stop watching this show. especially if freckles bauer goes away or dies or becomes less psycho.

This episode was approximately 14.7 times better than last week's episode. Last week's was just one of the filler ones that has to get us from point A to B. There was some palpable drama (I can think of at least 4 specific examples) in this episode, not counting the Hickboy stuff.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Postby Jakester on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

I'm with ya, Bax. I really didn't like last night's episode, and I'll add another reason -- the King going all uber paranoid. Sure, his brother tried to kill him and take power, but I'm pretty sure that's not a terribly unusual occurrence if you look back throughout history. It just rings false for what we learned about his character earlier.

All that aside, I did enjoy the scenes with Jack and Rack.
Jakester
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chris a.k.a StuntMike on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 pm

I think I'm done with it. Other than Jack and Freckles making with the stabbings, I found myself picking up a book.

Shitty. I want to get into it.

Of course as soon as I miss a week, it'll start kicking serious ass.
Chris a.k.a StuntMike
Not without incident

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Maybe they should have had Glenn Close play Agent Freckletits.....waiting for the inevitable rabbit-boiling.....
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Nachokoolaid on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 pm

I think you all should DVR the show. I don't have to wait for the commercials, and it makes this thing pass like a 30 minute sitcom, or something. I think some of you might enjoy it more in that format.
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial