Dr Who begins filming - discuss

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Dr Who begins filming - discuss

Postby banthafodderUK on Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:59 am

wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby Agent Alonzo on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:54 am

Should have gone with an older guy, like Bill Nighy in my opinion, would have been a nice contrast after Eccleston...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby banthafodderUK on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:01 am

Yeah, Nighy would have been cool - perhaps next time eh?
wii code 0186 4330 3469 8398 use it mofo's!
banthafodderUK
AIRWOLF

Postby Agent Alonzo on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:29 am

You know what they should do? Have Tom Baker play The Master. I mean there is nothing to stop a different time lord taking the same apperance, and how cool would it be to see the Dr. Who back as a bad guy...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:31 am

Yeah, but he's a fairly portly guy, these a days... Check out "Monarch of a the Glen" onna the BBC or PBS to see him inna his glory now. He may be a too heavy to play a the heavy, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby Adam Balm on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:21 pm

Holy shit! The Doctor dressing posh again? Fuck I may start watching this now. I couldn't stand the idea of the Doctor wearing a black leather jacket. Yes, I realize how petty that is.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 pm

I loved the new series.

It's Dr. Who.

They stayed pretty respectful to the classic series, changing certain things for vaild reasons (bringing in a new audience).

hopefully, they can go back a bit, make the dr. more familiar to die hard fans and retain their new audience, now that they've got them.

and billie piper is staying on for the full season, and she was the best thing about the last season, imho.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:57 pm

BLASPHEMY ALERT

I was never really that big a fan of Dr Who, it was ok but it bored me a bit too and apart from one Sylvester McCoy episode where they turn in to cats or something, it never really scared me.

However, I loved the new series.
I think playing up the emotional aspects and making it more belieavble while still being total sci fi was a great idea.
Eccleston is one of the best actors around and RTD is just a TV deity.

I'm cool with a slightly more fey doctor than Eccleston and having seen Casanova I know David Tennant will appeal to everyone who liked Eccleston and to the Tom Baker fans too. Suitably nutty and charming.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Return to Coaxial