DAREDEVIL on Netflix

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Jennifer Garner CAN'T WAIT to do Daredevil 2

Postby TheButcher on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:31 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat May 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Marvel's Netflix Drama 'Daredevil' Taps New Showrunner (Exclusive)
Fellow "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum Steven S. DeKnight will take over the reins of the drama, while Drew Goddard will segue to Sony feature "Sinister Six."
Lesley Goldberg wrote:There's a change at the top of Marvel's upcoming Netflix Daredevil series.

Drew Goddard will hand over showrunning duties to Steven S. DeKnight, who is finalizing a deal to board the series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Buffy and Lost alum Goddard will segue to writing and directing Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Sinister Six, which will focus on the villains from that universe. He'll remain with Daredevil and serve as a consultant on the drama.

Marvel could not be reached for comment.

For his part, DeKnight served as showrunner on three seasons of Starz's Spartacus, and wrapped the series in 2013. His credits include working with Goddard on Joss Whedon's Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer well as Whedon's Dollhouse and The CW's Smallville. He's repped by CAA.

Netflix picked up Daredevil -- as well as Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage as well as miniseries The Defenders -- in a massive pact with Marvel. Daredevil is first out of the gate with 13 episodes.

For its part, Marvel expanded its relationship with ABC, adding Captain America spinoff Agent Carter as a bridge series between the fall and spring runs of the sophomore season of Agents of SHIELD.

UPDATED: Marvel has now confirmed DeKnight as showrunner.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:50 pm

THR:
Vincent D'Onofrio Boards Netflix's 'Daredevil'
Marvel's latest TV venture adds the "Men In Black" actor as an adversary for the recently cast title character.

Vincent D’Onofrio To Play Villain Wilson Fisk In Netflix’s Marvel Drama Series ‘Daredevil’
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:40 pm

What A Difference 14 Years Makes: D’Onofrio Turned Down Doc Ock
A small look at how the word of superhero casting has changed.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:17 am

Whether it's Gene Hackman and Marlon Brando appearing in a 1970s Superman movie or Jack Nicholson playing The Joker, prestige actors appearing in superhero movies isn't some new trend.

There's always been talented, respected actors willing to do "genre" movies either because the material appeals to them or because they need the money. And there's actors who won't do these types of projects either because they think they're too good for it or because they just don't relate to the material.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Ribbons on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 pm

I think the difference here is D'Onofrio's personal turnaround. A similar thing happened with Guy Pearce, who around the time of Batman Begins stated emphatically that he would never be in a superhero movie (in fact I think Daredevil came up during these talks), probably not even for his buddy Chris Nolan. Flash-forward eight years, and he's a smarmy fire-breathing industrialist in Iron Man 3. He claims he personally has mellowed, which is why he was also in Lockout and Bedtime Stories with Adam Sandler (in addition to making movies his kids would watch), but still, I think there has been a shift in public consciousness about superhero movies, however minor. I know there's a fair amount of backlash toward them now that they're omnipresent, but people see that there are good ones and bad ones, and that you can assemble a cast of talented actors and get good work out of them (The Dark Knight, Iron Man, The Avengers, etc.).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Fievel on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm still scratching my head over D'Onofrio being offered Wolverine. If that was common knowledge, I never knew it.

I think he can/will make one seriously fucking awesome Kingpin. One of the best superhero film/show casting decisions I think I've read in a long time. I just hope the material is quality.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Spandau Belly on Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:21 am

That thing about D'Onofrio being offered big bucks to play The Rocketeer is also pretty whack. I mean, he wasn't really a big star. Did they really think he'd bring something to that role that would really make the movie? It was really just your standard Disney leading man role. Any guy with good looks and wholesomeness would suffice. The Billy Campbell guy they got did as much with the role as could be done IMO.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:28 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Grim & Gritty Daredevil Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 am

Netflix's Daredevil to Have a "Gritty 1970s New York" Feel
Daredevil's Hell's Kitchen will be "both beautiful and gritty at the same time," according to its showrunner.
Last edited by TheButcher on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Grim & Gritty Daredevil Reboot

Postby TheButcher on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 am

Netflix CCO Talks THE DEFENDERS, Jessica Jones Casting, And Gritty/Grounded Tone
Netflix CCO Ted Sarandos talks here about assembling Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist into The Defenders, where they're at with casting, the grounded costumes and making Daredevil darker than the movie, and whether these shows will cross over with the movies...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:14 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 pm

Marvel's Daredevil - :15 Teaser
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:03 am

DAREDEVIL TEASER TRAILER TO DEBUT EXCLUSIVELY ON IGN TODAY
Yeah, you'll probably want to bookmark this URL...
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ribbons on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Here's the full thing:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Ribbons wrote:Here's the full thing:

Can somebody please TURN ON SOME FUCKING LIGHTS????????
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: DAREDEVIL on Netflix

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Daredevil's blind. he doesn't know the difference.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 pm

[yawn]

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 am

Still skeptical, but nice poster:

Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Re: DAREDEVIL & Hell's Kitchen

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:08 pm

New Daredevil Teaser Shows Off Cast, Hell's Kitchen

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:21 am

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a34064/daredevil-marvel-netflix-review/

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Daredevil-Review-Marvel-Goes-Dark-Wins-Big-Way-71043.html

http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3338527/tv-review-netflixs-daredevil-fear/

I am very pleased to have my earlier reservations about this proven mistaken, from all accounts this is a very good production and I can't wait to see it

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 am

Now I wonder if Jennifer Garner wishes she really had done Daredevil 2 (or whatever this is)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:04 am

well, she did Daredevil 1. in fact, she's still doing him.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Peven on Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:58 pm

sad to see the zone has fallen so far that when a major Marvel property with such a rich history like DD is getting such rave reviews and there is no reaction here except an attempt at lame jokes about people who aren't even involved in the project. no enthusiasm, no discussion, totally lame. Colin is rolling over in his grave somewhere.....if he is dead by now. back when the zone had real leadership and engaged participation by our members this thread would be buzzing with the conversation about what the reviews are saying and the implications for the MCU. pathetic

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm

I'm really not trying to be rude about this, Peven, but do you really come here looking for conversation? To me it just seems like you're looking for a fight. You seem to enter every dialogue exchange with the assumption that the person you're talking to is the biggest idiot on the planet.

But if you think everybody is so stupid and ignorant, why do you bother talking to them? Wouldn't you rather talk to people you can learn from? Or at least people you respect? Nobody is holding you here. Nobody's stopping you from finding whoever you think your intellectual equal is, it's clear that person isn't here.
Last edited by Spandau Belly on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby so sorry on Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Peven wrote:sad to see the zone has fallen so far that when a major Marvel property with such a rich history like DD is getting such rave reviews and there is no reaction here except an attempt at lame jokes about people who aren't even involved in the project. no enthusiasm, no discussion, totally lame. Colin is rolling over in his grave somewhere.....if he is dead by now. back when the zone had real leadership and engaged participation by our members this thread would be buzzing with the conversation about what the reviews are saying and the implications for the MCU. pathetic

I'm honestly confused by this post. Should we force the remaining Zoners to discuss topics that you feel are relevant?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Peven, I'm encouraged by the positive reviews that have surfaced, and I plan on watching Daredevil sometime this month, hopefully. Other than that, I don't really know what kind of penetrating conversation you're looking for from a TV show that hasn't even come out yet.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm

you don't mean to be rude? that would be a first. for one, spandau, I have been a member of this board for almost 10 years, I have had all sorts of great exchanges about movies, books, tv, etc, and am not about to be driven away by some people who act like the resident playground assholes deciding who is "cool enough" and who is not. I put up all sorts of posts that are not combative or argumentative, and I hope each time that maybe one of the zoners who can engage in a decent conversation will chime in. they don't have to agree, that would be boring. when I get irritated it is because people either follow with some lame crack in a weak attempt to make themselves look clever at the expense of the subject I just posted or a derisive post with no intention of actually engaging in conversation. there are various people on here that I have regular exchanges with without incident, because they simply respond to what i post. then I respond in kind and we have a nice civil exchange. no muss, no fuss. the people who have a problem with me are the ones who can't deal with debate without being an asshole, and then can't handle it when they get back what they put out. and the fact is this place used to have a lot more participation that was about genre media, movies/books.comics/etc, and even though debates got intense it was fun, they were engaging, "too silvery" anyone? for those who haven't been zoners long enough to get that, well, you missed out. excuse me if I lament the loss of that sort of environment here and voice my opinion that it would be better if we tried to get back to that.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Ribbons wrote:Peven, I'm encouraged by the positive reviews that have surfaced, and I plan on watching Daredevil sometime this month, hopefully. Other than that, I don't really know what kind of penetrating conversation you're looking for from a TV show that hasn't even come out yet.

really. because people don't discuss movies and tv before they come out, right? :shock: seriously, dude, that is ridiculous, this place has been driven by discussion of things we haven't seen yet from the start. do you not remember the 6 month lead up to the release of X-Men 3 and Superman Returns? or Spiderman 3? or any of the big genre movies of the last 10 years? we have always discussed movies/tv before we see them, talking about actors, writers, directors, what we think they might do, what we don't want them to do, etc. go back and check out the threads for the big genre movies and you can see exactly what I am talking about. why would I spend the time to criticize and point out things I miss if I didn't care about it, if I didn't want this place to be as good as if can be?

btw, "positive reviews"? they have been gushingly positive, universally. it is rare that you see a show or movie get this kind of strong praise across the board. real fans of genre movie/tv ought to be genuinely psyched for the series and what is coming after.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm not sure that we want a repeat of those X-Men/Superman discussions, but you're right that there's been some marketing stuff to analyze.

The reason that I've been pretty mum on the whole thing is because I honestly can't tell if it looks good or not. It looks dark, but that was also something that the 2003 movie claimed to be, as well as flaunting the same religious overtones. And some of the shots in the trailers, like him wandering down apartment hallways looking for a fight, could have been lifted straight from the film. I haven't seen the film in a long while; I remember liking it okay, especially the director's cut, but I have a feeling it doesn't hold up. It had some good ideas, but could have been executed better. And what I'm seeing from the show so far doesn't look different enough for me to make any judgment calls about how I think it's going to turn out.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 pm

back on topic, sorta, I am excited to check this out. The reviews are very positive, though I've only read 5 or 6 so far (via Metacritic, I will admit).

I was never a Daredevil guy growing up, so I don't have much invested in the character. Hence no gripping anticipation for me beyond what I hope will live up to the developing hype. I will say, on a broader note, that i generally like the way things are shaping up for Marvel TV. Agents of Shield is continuing to improve (in my opinion), Agent Carter was very good, and things sound very positive for Daredevil.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Spandau Belly on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Peven wrote:you don't mean to be rude? that would be a first. for one, spandau

That's totally unfair.

Peven wrote:excuse me if I lament the loss of that sort of environment here and voice my opinion that it would be better if we tried to get back to that.

I missed the X-MEN 3 vs SUPERMAN RETURNS thing. But I wouldn't have cared anyway because I never saw either of those movies. This place did used to get more discussion going. I come here less and less both because there's less activity here, and also because my work situation no longer involves a lot of downtime during which I am waiting around at a computer inbetween meetings with clients.
Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby Peven on Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:back on topic, sorta, I am excited to check this out. The reviews are very positive, though I've only read 5 or 6 so far (via Metacritic, I will admit).

I was never a Daredevil guy growing up, so I don't have much invested in the character. Hence no gripping anticipation for me beyond what I hope will live up to the developing hype. I will say, on a broader note, that i generally like the way things are shaping up for Marvel TV. Agents of Shield is continuing to improve (in my opinion), Agent Carter was very good, and things sound very positive for Daredevil.

I confess a bit of a complex as the only big DD fan here,thanks to good timing I was at the prime adolescent age to get lost in a comic when Frank Miller had his run, it was really the ONE comic that I REALLy got into as a kid. i was disappointed in the Affleck movie but thought it was ok and nothing near as bad as people like to portray it. I was even a pessimist at the beginning of this latest project, then they cast Denofrio and I thought it might be worth checking out. but still didn't have much hope. the last full trailer did it for me, I was in, and then the reviews, which really are glowing, rave, etc, have me in full blown anticipation mode. planning on binging this weekend.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Ribbons wrote:I'm not sure that we want a repeat of those X-Men/Superman discussions, but you're right that there's been some marketing stuff to analyze.

Did somebody say Superman Returns??

EDIT: But seriously, this has me pretty excited. I enjoy DD and the character has seen several fantastic runs in the comics (Frank Miller, BMB, Ed Brubaker, and the current Mark Waid stuff come to mind). I think a gritty TV show is the appropriate venue to bring some of that to life.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DerLanghaarige on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:54 pm

So I watched the first episode and I kinda enjoyed it. Which means I didn't hate it, but won't watch rush to watch the next episode this weekend or maybe even month. There is so much other stuff to catch up with and unlike most of these shows, DAREDEVIL isn't in danger of suddenly disappearing from Netflix (or their respective streaming sites).
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 pm

holy shit. Kingpin just decapitated a guy that had made a serious faux pas by repeatedly slamming the back door of an Escalade on his head until it become mush, leaving the headless body to drop to the ground :shock:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Just in time for the new series, Honest Trailers has released this lovely trip down memory lane:

I want creepy smelling to be one of my superpowers.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:00 pm

now you're just antagonizing me :twisted:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:15 am

6 episodes in......wow

its like superhero noir.....in color, let's face it, DD is the version of Batman that grew up poor, :wink: , the way they use those colors is both pleasing to the eye and .......more, and aside from the color palate the camera-work really is excellent as well, imo

don't expect everything to be thrown at you all at once, they build things piece by piece,with some good action scattered throughout, and the 2nd episode does have a pretty strong fight scene it, but by things get really going by the 4th and 5th episodes it is hitting on all cylinders

least favorite actor/character- Foggy. just isn't doing it for me, he irritates me, but maybe he is supposed to

Denofrio is GREAT as KingPin, he owns it

Charlie Cox does does a better job than I think almost anyone expected him to be able to as Matt Murdock/DD, he has a strong screen presence and as the season progresses so does the way he inhabits the role, and things are still a work in progress, like his costume, and his skills, he isn't as good in episode 1 as he will be in episode 13 I am betting

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:29 pm

Watched the first two episodes yesterday. I'm in no rush finish. I take my time with stuff like this. That being said, episode 2 really got the footing for this show. Matt taking on the Russian gangsters in the hallway was damn good stuff. I'm pleased that Marvel is pushing some boundaries with the TV/netflix stuff. DD really shows that Marvel can have it's cake with the movies and eat it too with TV. With the grounded approach, it'll be interesting to see how Jessica Jones plays out with the whole "powers" set.

BTW, good to see Fullton from Mighty Ducks still working.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:12 am

I just watched the first episode. Not bad, not bad at all.

I loved Matt's "confession" scene at the beginning. First of all, it's encouraging that the dialogue/interpersonal scenes are just as interesting as the action/superhero stuff. But it's also just good writing. It sums up everything about the character of Daredevil that's made him one of the most psychologically rich superheroes in Marvel's roster. Sometimes I wonder if Stan Lee even realized what he created or if it was just dumb luck. I do know Frank Miller, as crazy as he may be today, is the one who really mined the character for all it was worth, and this series owes a pretty big debt to him. I kind of like his black ninja suit, honestly. They should just stick with that one.

Charlie Cox's Irish accent slips out a lot, but that's okay. He's a good Matt Murdock. Foggy is annoying. Deborah Ann Woll looks like she has no eyebrows.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:58 am

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:00 am

I finished watching episode #13 yesterday and just wish there were more to watch. just outstanding

still turning it all over in my head to formulate a proper review, there is a lot to talk abot

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 am

Just got through episode 4. Really enjoying the series so far.

Wilson Fisk is a wonderfully realized villain, thus far. Each scene he is in buzzes.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:12 am

first of all I agree with the reviewers who say that you need to look at this as a 13 hour movie more than 13 individual episodes about a character, everything and everyone is in flux, everyone has an arc, even iconic characters like KingPin, who isn't actually ever referred to as King Pin in the series. when the overall storyline leading to a culmination of eventual showdown between DD and Wilson Fisk after almost 13 hours concludes it feels like THAT is the natural chapter break in the bigger DD story.

one of the things I LOVE about the series is the look, the colors they use are so rich and saturated, red is everywhere, not bright fire engine red but the dark red of real blood, as are deep, sodium yellows pouring in from background window panes in scene after scene, also found in the richly golden locks of Karen Paige, even highlighting that yellow-gold with an Eight O'Clock coffee can in the background of a scene, while the blues are more like deep, dark, ultra rich hues of violet. there are no light brush strokes visually, colors are solid, there is such richness and saturation that even skin tones seem almost hyper-real, as if characters have more substance in close-ups, and it makes the characters "pop" more against the dark and heavily shadowed scenes, of which the vast majority of the series consists.

the camera work is great, I think people will really enjoy the choreography and editing for the action/fight scenes.

all sorts of "easter eggs" in the dialogue, background and storyline, including an Elektra reference, allusions to The Hand, and even a couple nods toward the Affleck movie.

the kid who plays young Matt Murdock is just ok, less than that in scenes that call for him to cry or show extreme emotion. oh well, kid actors.....you know :wink: :oops: :evil:

the scenes with young Matt and Stick are kind of cheesy, a little heavy handed, though I really like Scott Glenn in the role as Stick, and the ones with grown up Matt/DD and Stick are MUCH better, probably because Cox does such an outstanding job with the DD/Matt Murdock role.

Denofrio is a pleasure to watch, and he makes the role his own, adding his own stamp on the role while staying true to the essence of the character as we watch Fisk grow and change from the first time we see him to the last, the man we are more familiar with as King Pin. Denofrio should really be up for an award for the performance, he is really that good.

Charlie Cox should be up for one, too, he exceeds expectations in how well he pulled this off. the character of Matt Murdock is a complex one and Cox plays it with realistic layers and brings the character to life in a believable and sympathetic manner. I think he earned consideration as a true leading man for future projects with this, hopefully with more DD seasons and an appearance on the big screen.

Foggy improved as the season went on but I never really liked him in the comic so I guess not liking him on the show means they are doing a good job being true to the source material :)

Karen Paige is the prototypical hot blond trainwreck who manipulates and brings woe to men around her as she goes from one drama to the next in the comic and she is no different here. God I hate her :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

one little thing, and this is a little surprising considering the nature of the character, but I would like them to work on the sound engineering for further DD seasons, for all the eye had to drink in during the series I felt that more could have been done with the audio to create the rich three dimensional world of sound in which DD lives. that is something of a nit pick, I know, but I think it would make a great show even better.

an outstanding start to an onscreen DD presence with room for improvement, DD's stock in the MCU just rose in value :D

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:35 pm

a sample of the action, really good stuff

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Ribbons on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Peven wrote:one of the things I LOVE about the series is the look, the colors they use are so rich and saturated, red is everywhere, not bright fire engine red but the dark red of real blood, as are deep, sodium yellows pouring in from background window panes in scene after scene, also found in the richly golden locks of Karen Paige, even highlighting that yellow-gold with an Eight O'Clock coffee can in the background of a scene, while the blues are more like deep, dark, ultra rich hues of violet. there are no light brush strokes visually, colors are solid, there is such richness and saturation that even skin tones seem almost hyper-real, as if characters have more substance in close-ups, and it makes the characters "pop" more against the dark and heavily shadowed scenes, of which the vast majority of the series consists.

I've noticed this about the color scheme as well (now two episodes in). It reminds me a little of the neon-soaked look of Only God Forgives, if you've seen that (and I'm betting the showrunners have).
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Peven on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Ribbons wrote:
Peven wrote:one of the things I LOVE about the series is the look, the colors they use are so rich and saturated, red is everywhere, not bright fire engine red but the dark red of real blood, as are deep, sodium yellows pouring in from background window panes in scene after scene, also found in the richly golden locks of Karen Paige, even highlighting that yellow-gold with an Eight O'Clock coffee can in the background of a scene, while the blues are more like deep, dark, ultra rich hues of violet. there are no light brush strokes visually, colors are solid, there is such richness and saturation that even skin tones seem almost hyper-real, as if characters have more substance in close-ups, and it makes the characters "pop" more against the dark and heavily shadowed scenes, of which the vast majority of the series consists.

I've noticed this about the color scheme as well (now two episodes in). It reminds me a little of the neon-soaked look of Only God Forgives, if you've seen that (and I'm betting the showrunners have).

good comparison. not exact but similar

Peven
Is This Real Life?

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial