Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:15 pm

now i know alot of people hate wrestling - but due to its popularity - i know there has to be some fans out there - and - more than likely - some closeted fans - so i figured i'd start up an official wrestling thread - if it hasn't been done already - you can discuss what is your opionion of some of the coolest/greates/funniest/most shocking moments in wrestling - from WWE/WWF or whatever - who some of your favorites are - who some of your least favorites are - who's over-rated - who's underrated - and etc...for example - memorable moments - the death of Owen Hart (on live TV i believe), The Great Screw Job in Montreal, the debut of the Undertaker, anytime Hulk Hogan said "brother..." or whatever - so - for anybody who's a "fan" of the "sport" or for people who just like to see grown men all sweaty wearing tights and "beating" on each other- have fun...

SPOILER: It's all fake...
Last edited by havocSchultz on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Pudie on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:19 pm

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby jgraphix on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:20 pm

I cant hear it...damn work pc's.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby EWS on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:21 pm

I think the match between Mick Foley (think he was either Cactus Jack or Mankind) vs THe UNdertaker in the cage, where MF was chokeslammed off the cage into the announcers box, got up continued to fight, then got chokeslammed through the cage onto tacks in the middle of the ring, goes down as a favourite.

That or the first ever Ladder match between HBK and Razor Ramone.
monorail77 wrote:I officially vote EWS as way fucking coolest guy in the Zone

You know it makes sense!
Find out why
Remember, your new thread always belongs somewhere else!
EWS
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:22 pm

EWS wrote:I think the match between Mick Foley (think he was either Cactus Jack or Mankind) vs THe UNdertaker in the cage, where MF was chokeslammed off the cage into the announcers box, got up continued to fight, then got chokeslammed through the cage onto tacks in the middle of the ring, goes down as a favourite.

ya - Mankind and Taker in the Hell in a Cell match - classic... say what you will about Mrs. Foley's Little Boy's actual wrestling skills - that guy could take a fucking beating like nobody's business...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:23 pm

Anything with Lita, especially as she jumps off the ropes and wraps her thighs around some poor male wrestler's face, then twists around as she flies through the air and breaks his neck, is always worth tuning in for.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Anything with Lita, especially as she jumps off the ropes and wraps her thighs around some poor male wrestler's face, then twists around as she flies through the air and breaks his neck, is always worth tuning in for.

should've watched RAW this past monday where her and Edge had a LIVE SEX CELEBRATION in the middle of the ring... didn't go exactely as planned - but you got to see her in bra and panties...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Vegeta on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Anything with Lita, especially as she jumps off the ropes and wraps her thighs around some poor male wrestler's face, then twists around as she flies through the air and breaks his neck, is always worth tuning in for.

I think that move is called a huricarana
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby cap on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:30 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
EWS wrote:I think the match between Mick Foley (think he was either Cactus Jack or Mankind) vs THe UNdertaker in the cage, where MF was chokeslammed off the cage into the announcers box, got up continued to fight, then got chokeslammed through the cage onto tacks in the middle of the ring, goes down as a favourite.

ya - Mankind and Taker in the Hell in a Cell match - classic... say what you will about Mrs. Foley's Little Boy's actual wrestling skills - that guy could take a fucking beating like nobody's business...

Foley is insane. He had a couple of other crazy things. Match against the Rock where he took something like 10 chair shots. No way to fake that when you're handcuffed.

Also years ago, when Vader inadvertantly took off half of one of his ears.

Numerous Barbed Wire matches, he's more or less off his rocker.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:31 pm

cap wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
EW S wrote:I think the match between Mick Foley (think he was either Cactus Jack or Mankind) vs THe UNdertaker in the cage, where MF was chokeslammed off the cage into the announcers box, got up continued to fight, then got chokeslammed through the cage onto tacks in the middle of the ring, goes down as a favourite.

Foley is insane. He had a couple of other crazy things. Match against the Rock where he took something like 10 chair shots. No way to fake that when you're handcuffed.

Also years ago, when Vader inadvertantly took off half of one of his ears.

Numerous Barbed Wire matches, he's more or less off his rocker.

ya - i think it was a last man standing match against the rock... just chair shot after chair shot after chair shot... straight on the head... most guys will get their hand up there for protection and to get a good "skin smash" sound... but foley took 'em all in stride... eddie guerrero was good at taking some clean chair shots straight of the head too...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby jgraphix on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:31 pm

When the WWF had to change thier name to WWE
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:32 pm

jgraphix wrote:When the WWF had to change thier name to WWE

ya - fuck the World Wildlife Fund...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:33 pm

havocSchultz wrote:

Damn straight...he got slammed so hard his tooth went up the back of his throat and came out through his nose - bound to be picture somewhere on the web no doubt.

Haven't watched it for a couple of years now - though didn't stop me buying SMACKDOWN VS RAW for the PS2 last month.

One that possibly gets overlooked whenever these threads go up is the encounter about 3 Wrestlemanias ago between The Rock and Hogan. Not so much for its technical wrestling skills - but more for the weird vibe that went around and how they both reacted on the spot to save the title match that year from descending into chaos.....short version - The Rock was supposed to be the Face and Hogan in full NWO mode the Heel - but even though they both acted their parts in the set pieces leading up to the show the crowd still booed the Rock and cheered Hogan. The Brahma Bull handled it really well and Hogan was gracious in how he handled the crowds afterwards. The irony? The crowd turned on The Great One because he was dedicating more time to movies and only wrestling in high profile PPV's. Not an unfamiliar situation to Hogan.....The boys done good.

Can anyone sensibly and incontrovertibly tell me why my brother INSISTS the Undertaker has had at least one doppleganger in his career? Is this true? He strikes me as the most professional wrestler there's ever been and I don't say that idly at all....I just can't accept he'd be party to a fake taking over - for more than a year if my bro is to be believed...

Someone solve this for me PLEASE!
Last edited by Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I flew too close to the sun and if I had my time over I'd do it again"
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:33 pm

The Bushwhackers in the royal rumble back in the day, in on one side, straight out over the top on the other, it happened to both cousins I think.

Stone Cold winning King of the Ring with a busted mouth

Stone Cold vs Bret Hart when he was bleeding all over the shop

MK vs Undertaker was classic, I watched that live

Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper beating the shit out of "Brother Love" that dude with the bright pink skin.

Canadian Earthquake & Tugboat

Everytime Macho man said "Dig It!"

Ultimate Warrior beating Hogan

Shane McMahon doing the biggest drop I have ever seen

Wrestling may be fake but it can be as entertaining as a kung-fu film when it's well choreographed.

It is a little Dumbledore though.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:36 pm

from what i recall ( i was out of the wrestling loop for a little while) undertaker was replaced - and it ended being his brother or something - i think - then turned into kane - i'm not sure - that's what i heard somewhere - somebody can feel free to correct me - but i am almost positive there was an imposter at some point...

and 'Taker is arguably one of the best perfromers of all time - and the single greates and long-standing gimic character in the WWE...

i still get chills when the gong starts up...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:36 pm

Icarus wrote:Can anyone sensibly and incontrovertibly tell me why my brother INSISTS the Undertaker has had at least one doppleganger in his career? Is this true? He strikes me as the most professional wrestler there's ever been and I don't say that idly at all....I just can't accept he'd be party to a fake taking over - for more than a year if my bro is to be believed...

I think there was a mirror match or something at a wrestlemania, I never saw it but my buddy tells me he did indeed fight a doppelganger.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:37 pm

John-Locke wrote:
It is a little my lover though.

ya - but it is good entertainment... like soap operas for guys...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby cap on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:39 pm

Icarus wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:

Damn straight...he got slammed so hard his tooth went up the back of his throat and came out through his nose - bound to be picture somewhere on the web no doubt.

Haven't watched it for a couple of years now - though didn't stop me buying SMACKDOWN VS RAW for the PS2 last month.

One that possibly gets overlooked whenever these threads go up is the encounter about 3 Wrestlemanias ago between The Rock and Hogan. Not so much for its technical wrestling skills - but more for the weird vibe that went around and how they both reacted on the spot to save the title match that year from descending into chaos.....short version - The Rock was supposed to be the Face and Hogan in full NWO mode the Heel - but even though they both acted their parts in the set pieces leading up to the show the crowd still booed the Rock and cheered Hogan. The Brahma Bull handled it really well and Hogan was gracious in how he handled the crowds afterwards. The irony? The crowd turned on The Great One because he was dedicating more time to movies and only wrestling in high profile PPV's. Not an unfamiliar situation to Hogan.....The boys done good.

Can anyone sensibly and incontrovertibly tell me why my brother INSISTS the Undertaker has had at least one doppleganger in his career? Is this true? He strikes me as the most professional wrestler there's ever been and I don't say that idly at all....I just can't accept he'd be party to a fake taking over - for more than a year if my bro is to be believed...

Yes he did. One of the Summerslams in the early 90's I believe. The doppleganger was "Primetime" Brian Lee (of ECW, and DOA fame). Undertaker was still in the original Deadman gimmick. They had the Undertaker sightings. Pretty hoaky, looking back at it.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Hot Rod chasing someone OJ style at an early Wrestlemania - so classic in fact I can't remember the other wrestler. Way to undermine your own point....

British Bulldog vs Warlord in a "who's got the strongest bear grip" deal - either a wrestlemania or summerslam. Sounds dull but at the time was cool as heel.

Hot Rod vs HitMan at a Summer Slam...ended with Hit Man winning but not before Hot Rod busted him wide wide open and nearly stole it. I wish I'd seen Hot Rod back when actually won matches - great entertainer back in the day pre-enormo-stomach era....contributed far more to the industry than he normally gets credited for. Big on helping emerging talent he was.

Jake the Snake vs Earthquake, when the latter dropped a bomb on Damian

Jake the Snake vs Rick Martel AKA THe Model - blindfold match

Jake the Snake vs Randy Savage when the latter got strung up in the ring ropes and Jake got a snake out that still had teeth an made it bit Savage twice...still most original spilling of blood I've seen yet...
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:43 pm

Now is this matches or spots or "moments"?
For me the best "moment" was Hogan turning on Macho Man at Bash at the Beach to side with the Outsiders forming the nWo then his promo cutting down the fans the next night on Nitro and all the havoc the nWo was causing for the first 6 months or so (lawn darting Rey Mysterio into the broadcast truck in Orlando pops to mind immediately, the fake Sting convincing the fans Sting was bad etc). Growing up seeing Hogan portrayed as the ultimate face seeing him turn seemed "big".
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:46 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
John-Locke wrote:

I agree, I still watch (well have it on in the background)

I must say though Benoit VS Booker T has been really Dumbledore recently, Benoit seems to be grinding his groin into Bookers back/ass all the time.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:46 pm

I remember the mirror thing - that the only diff was in the colour of the gloves (grey vs purple weren't it?)

I always thought that was the (then) WWF playing with this conspiracy theory that the Undertaker had been replaced.....like "OK, if thats what they want - lets give it to them". Y'know, trying to under mine the very growing suspicion that the Taker had been replaced for a good year or so prior to that and initially very few people noticed - dunno if the reason for his replacement was because of injury or just taking a break - but that the character was so popular and it was roughly the same time all the big names were migrating to WCW - so it was meant to be a massive hush job to try and save the brand, hence always officially denied.

My head hurts....
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:Now is this matches or spots or "moments"?
For me the best "moment" was Hogan turning on Macho Man at Bash at the Beach to side with the Outsiders forming the nWo then his promo cutting down the fans the next night on Nitro and all the havoc the nWo was causing for the first 6 months or so (lawn darting Rey Mysterio into the broadcast truck in Orlando pops to mind immediately, the fake Sting convincing the fans Sting was bad etc). Growing up seeing Hogan portrayed as the ultimate face seeing him turn seemed "big".

the thread is whatever you want it to be... memorable moments - great matches... good/bad wrestlers... anything to do with it... hogan turning bad was cool... his match against HBK recently was good too - the 1st time they ever fought - HBK giving him the Sweet Chin Music in order to challenge him... all good stuff...

and question - is John Cena the next "Rock" - i mean - i believe The Rock was actually a much better wrestler - but charisma/performance wise - i think Cena is probably one of the most charismatic wrestlers out there now - just wanna guage people's opinion on it...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:49 pm

John-Locke wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
John-Locke wrote:

I must say though Benoit VS Booker T has been really my lover recently, Benoit seems to be grinding his groin into Bookers back/ass all the time.

ya - especially the fact that Booker's apparentely injured now and he's got Orton wrestling for him... arguably though - i still think Benoit is one of the best in the game - performance wise - personality wise - never terribly exciting - but technical-wise - tough to find many better than him... maybe Angle...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby docfalken on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:53 pm

Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan. Man that was awesome. I was a huge Warrior fan back then. I think I'm going to wear some long ribbons on my biceps today just in honor of him. I believe he's a holy roller now.

Hey John, did you ever get to see any of the Texas wrestling over there in England? We have a family called the Von Erichs that spawned half a dozen wrestlers during the 80s. Man they were really good.
docfalken
HAGGIS?!?!!?!!?!

Postby CthulhuKid on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:53 pm

My favorite wrestling moment was the time my college roommate and I drank a case of beer each while watching the first 20 Wrestlemainas on VHS (mostly in FFWD) then decided it would be neat-o if he cooled me with a folding chair (which we happened to own).

Such pretty stars that night. :-)

Y2J's very first appearance in the WWF was awesome (saw that one live) with the count down and the huge pop.

I have a match on tape of Jericho and Benoit from Japan where Benoit slapped Jericho so hard in the mouth he almost knocked him the fuck out. It was an amazing match to boot.
CthulhuKid
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:54 pm

I like Cena but he isn't a great wrestler yet, I think Angle has got to be the best wrestler ever.

Cena has made a movie with WWE films called the Marine, I think they are waiting until he is popular again to release it, it's basically a remake of Walking tall which it'self is a remake, I think they filmed it back when Cena was supposedly out after Carlito's thug had stabbed him in the kidney when he was in a nightclub, hilarious, just like a soap opera.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Any Stone Cold Steve Austin moment. I have a Stone Cold toy that sits on my desk and says, "Hell, Yeah!"

I especially love Austin had to ref a match between Kane and the Undertaken for the WWF title, so he stunned them both, counted them out, and annointed himself the winnner. Vince "fired" Austin, so Austin stunned Vince and put him in the hospital. Then Austin showed up at the hospital in a nurse's gown and beat Vince over the head with a bedpan.

That led to Shane McMahon "re-hiring" Austin to take on The Rock, who was a heel at that time.

And Austin's glorious "return" to the WWF was in a big Coors Light truck that he used to spray Vince and The Rock with beer.
Last edited by thomasgaffney on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:55 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
Chairman Kaga wrote: Now is this matches or spots or "moments"?

and question - is John Cena the next "Rock" - i mean - i believe The Rock was actually a much better wrestler - but charisma/performance wise - i think Cena is probably one of the most charismatic wrestlers out there now - just wanna guage people's opinion on it...

Well, not watched regularly for two years now...but he is one of the few who I can immediately get caught up in whatever plot he's embroiled in at the time. Which was exactly what The Rock did - I hadn't watched since the early 90's..then tuned in just as The Rock had ended the Rock/Sock connection and began to take on Generation X...ended up watching solidly for three and a half years as a result.

So, yes, I'd agree - thats the one quality that separates out The Greats from just great wrestlers IMO
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:57 pm

docfalken wrote:Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan. Man that was awesome. I was a huge Warrior fan back then. I think I'm going to wear some long ribbons on my biceps today just in honor of him. I believe he's a holy roller now.

Hey John, did you ever get to see any of the Texas wrestling over there in England? We have a family called the Von Erichs that spawned half a dozen wrestlers during the 80s. Man they were really good.

The names ring a bell, UK wrestling in the 80's is about the most embarrasing thing you can imagine, worse than G.L.O.W (Those Glorious Ladies of Wrestling)
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby cap on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:58 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
John-Locke wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
John-Locke wrote:

I must say though Benoit VS Booker T has been really my lover recently, Benoit seems to be grinding his groin into Bookers back/ass all the time.

ya - especially the fact that Booker's apparentely injured now and he's got Orton wrestling for him... arguably though - i still think Benoit is one of the best in the game - performance wise - personality wise - never terribly exciting - but technical-wise - tough to find many better than him... maybe Angle...

Agreed, Benoit could carry my chair to a good match. Very entertaining technically. Sells really good as well.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:59 pm

John-Locke wrote:the most embarrasing thing you can imagine, worse than G.L.O.W (Those Glorious Ladies of Wrestling)

WTF?!? What's wrong with G.L.O.W. I don't remember her name, but that Farmer's Daughter chick was smokin' hot! For the '80s.....
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:59 pm

docfalken wrote:Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan. Man that was awesome. I was a huge Warrior fan back then. I think I'm going to wear some long ribbons on my biceps today just in honor of him. I believe he's a holy roller now.

here ya go...

havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:05 pm

I thought The Texas Tornado was Cool as hell!!! Remember the Royal Rumble when Flair lasted til the end and won? Love the bit when the TT got him with the claw and Flair did his classic...looked shocked...took one step, two step, three then fell flat on his face...was the first time I ever saw Flair do it and laughed so hard I nearly shat. For that reason alone I will always remember the TT.....taking a gamble here - but was that Kerry?
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Anyone else get pissed when they were forced to drop that Iraqi wrestler from Detroit because of complaints? Shit can't think of his name but that dude was a natural wrestler if I ever saw one, at least Divari is back.

Whats the deal with Brock Lessnar? Is he ever going to come back or is he doing well in American Football? being in the UK I have no idea how thats going for him, not that I thought he was particularly great but he was powerful.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:08 pm

Icarus wrote:
docfalken wrote: Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan. Man that was awesome. I was a huge Warrior fan back then. I think I'm going to wear some long ribbons on my biceps today just in honor of him. I believe he's a holy roller now.

I thought The Texas Tornado was Cool as hell!!! Remember the Royal Rumble when Flair lasted til the end and won? Love the bit when the TT got him with the claw and Flair did his classic...looked shocked...took one step, two step, three then fell flat on his face...was the first time I ever saw Flair do it and laughed so hard I nearly shat. For that reason alone I will always remember the TT.....taking a gamble here - but was that Kerry?

HAHAHAHAH

Someone in my school did a sweepstakes thing, name out of a hat, £1 a go £30 to the winner, I had Sid Justice so I was so pissed when Flair won it.

I remember Kerry Von Erich, he got stabbed in a bar fight & died though didn't he?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:Anyone else get pissed when they were forced to drop that Iraqi wrestler from Detroit because of complaints? Shit can't think of his name but that dude was a natural wrestler if I ever saw one, at least Divari is back.

Whats the deal with Brock Lessnar? Is he ever going to come back or is he doing well in American Football? being in the UK I have no idea how thats going for him, not that I thought he was particularly great but he was powerful.

I do remember the shame of Sgt Slaughter when he went into cahoots though less so his cohorts - the Iron Sheik and Mustafa? (have I got that right?) And the Camel Clutch were born. Big gamble for the Sarge to take given the Gulf War I was happening. Was heart-warming to see him a few years back when they did that battle royal at wrestlemania for the goldie oldies.

That was another moment for UK weirdness - the Sgt Slaughter character from the GI Joe toy range was changed to Sgt Slammer - was that just us? Pourquoi?
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:09 pm

John-Locke wrote:Anyone else get pissed when they were forced to drop that Iraqi wrestler from Detroit because of complaints? Shit can't think of his name but that dude was a natural wrestler if I ever saw one, at least Divari is back.

Mohammad Hassan was the wrestler - funny fact - he was actually Italian... not Iraqi at all... but apparentely he enjoyed wrestling - but it wasn't his number one priority... i read an interview with Daivari a little while ago that goes into a bit...

regarding hassan

and Lesner was one of the best young wrestlers out there - i heard he was kinda failing at football - so who knows...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Icarus on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:13 pm

John-Locke wrote:
Icarus wrote:
docfalken wrote: Ultimate Warrior vs Hogan. Man that was awesome. I was a huge Warrior fan back then. I think I'm going to wear some long ribbons on my biceps today just in honor of him. I believe he's a holy roller now.

HAHAHAHAH

Someone in my school did a sweepstakes thing, name out of a hat, £1 a go £30 to the winner, I had Sid Justice so I was so pissed when Flair won it.

I remember Kerry Von Erich, he got stabbed in a bar fight & died though didn't he?

Hell yeah - I think you're right JL, had forgotten about that. Shame so many wrestlers seem to have some tragic or dark episode in their lives dontcha think? what happened to the Bulldog - he went from top of the pile to HEAT to nothing in like a split second, or so it seemed....RIP
Icarus
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Pudie on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:18 pm

John-Locke wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:
John-Locke wrote:

Speaking og Booker/Benoit their WCW best of 7 was fucking fantastic untill the horse shit ending.
Pudie
MAN IN SUIT

Postby Chairman Kaga on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:19 pm

Lesnar tried out for the Minnesota Vikings and didn't make it ie he was cut before the season started. I believe he is going to Japan now.
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:19 pm

as a child - i would always watch wrestling with my grandma - my parents didn't like it - but she loved it - every wrestling - even the crappy little local shows - but one of the most memorable things for em at that time was an episode of The Barber Shop - where Shawn Michales super-kicked Marty Jannetty through the plate glass window - i used to love the Rockers - especially HBK - and i was so shocked and blown away at the time - i don't remember how old i was - if somebody could tell roughly what year that happened - that be great - seeing as how i was born in '80 - i'm sure i couldn't have been too old... but that image stayed with me for a long time - the bloodied Jannetty - i just thought that was one of the coolest things i'd seen at that time...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:21 pm

Pudie wrote:
Speaking og Booker/Benoit their WCW best of 7 was fucking fantastic untill the horse shit ending.

ya - we'll see what happens on smackDown this week - the 7th match is then as well - once again with Orton filling in - and a little point i wanna make - us canadians get to see friday night smakcdown on thursday nights cause SportsNet up here didn't feel like changing their schedule from when it was on thursdays... so i can come on here 2morrow and ruin everything for you guys... just kidding... but i like knowing something in advance...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:23 pm

I've just remembered something I read in a UK Tabloid about 10-15 years ago, remember NAILZ? an ex-con The Big Boss Man had supposedly put behind bars? Or maybe it was some Dentist dude DDS?, might have been the same dude, either way he tried taking Vince McMahon to court claiming he was fired after Vince grabbed his package (Frank & Beans) in the locker room and he didn't reciprocate the advances.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby thomasgaffney on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:25 pm

John-Locke wrote:Or maybe it was some Dentist dude DDS?

The dentist dude was Dr. Isaac Yankem. He dropped the persona to become Kane.
thomasgaffney
a might unpredictable

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:27 pm

John-Locke wrote:I've just remembered something I read in a UK Tabloid about 10-15 years ago, remember NAILZ? an ex-con The Big Boss Man had supposedly put behind bars? Or maybe it was some Dentist dude DDS?, might have been the same dude, either way he tried taking Vince McMahon to court claiming he was fired after Vince grabbed his package (Frank & Beans) in the locker room and he didn't reciprocate the advances.

here's NAILZ

the dentist dude you might be referring to was ISAAC YANKEM

who is now KANE.

damn - Gaff beat me to it... well at least i got pics... :P
Last edited by havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby John-Locke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:28 pm

havocSchultz wrote:as a child - i would always watch wrestling with my grandma - my parents didn't like it - but she loved it - every wrestling - even the crappy little local shows - but one of the most memorable things for em at that time was an episode of The Barber Shop - where Shawn Michales super-kicked Marty Jannetty through the plate glass window - i used to love the Rockers - especially HBK - and i was so shocked and blown away at the time - i don't remember how old i was - if somebody could tell roughly what year that happened - that be great - seeing as how i was born in '80 - i'm sure i couldn't have been too old... but that image stayed with me for a long time - the bloodied Jannetty - i just thought that was one of the coolest things i'd seen at that time...

I think Brutus The Barber Beefcake left in about 91-92 so I would guess around then, we are the same age and I actually remember that, I got cable in 89 so it couldn't have been before.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby havocSchultz on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:29 pm

John-Locke wrote:
havocSchultz wrote:as a child - i would always watch wrestling with my grandma - my parents didn't like it - but she loved it - every wrestling - even the crappy little local shows - but one of the most memorable things for em at that time was an episode of The Barber Shop - where Shawn Michales super-kicked Marty Jannetty through the plate glass window - i used to love the Rockers - especially HBK - and i was so shocked and blown away at the time - i don't remember how old i was - if somebody could tell roughly what year that happened - that be great - seeing as how i was born in '80 - i'm sure i couldn't have been too old... but that image stayed with me for a long time - the bloodied Jannetty - i just thought that was one of the coolest things i'd seen at that time...

I think Brutus The Barber Beefcake left in about 91-92 so I would guess around then, we are the same age and I actually remember that, I got cable in 89 so it couldn't have been before.

cool - thanks... so i was probably 10 or 11 roughly - makes sense - young enough to still think some of that shit was real... especially cause i believe that was before they all finally admitted to the "fakeness"
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Nachokoolaid on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Best match - without a doubt, the most amazing, heart wrenching, and uplifting (hard to be all 3) thing I've ever seen on TV was Hell in the Cell, 1998, Mankind (Mick Foley v. The Undertaker)

Yes, that's a tooth coming out of his nose. His own tooth.

I know wrestling is "fake," but the stuff that Foley went through in this match could not be faked.

Thrown off the top through an announce table. Several chair shots. Thrown through the cage, landing in the ring below, onto a chair, dislodging some teeth. A few piledrivers. Slammed onto a bed of tacks. All in a "losing" effort. Foley may have lost the match, but he won the respect of everyone that's ever seen this match and everyone that ever doubted him.

Best moment-

The rise of the original NWO. Hogan turing heel in a MAJOR way. NWO's dominace was so unexpected and fresh. Amazing moment.

Image[/url]
Nachokoolaid
THE DORK KNIGHT

Next

Return to Coaxial