Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 pm

travis-dane wrote:Five years Eddie.

We still miss you.


Amen brother, Amen
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Bloo wrote:
travis-dane wrote:Five years Eddie.

We still miss you.


Amen brother, Amen

You can vote for his greatest match here.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby travis-dane on Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Bloo wrote:
travis-dane wrote:Five years Eddie.

We still miss you.


Amen brother, Amen

You can vote for his greatest match here.


I enjoyed Eddies feud with Kurt Angle the most(in his WWE time). The "loose" boot stuff was great.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
Image
User avatar
travis-dane
100% OLEG!
 
Posts: 5418
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:19 am
Location: DTVille

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 am

I can't believe it's been over 5 years already.. I remember being at work and my buddy calling me asking if I had heard about Eddie.. I simply replied, "Yeah.. he's winning the belt tonight" only to be met with a moment of silence and the frantic words.. "no, he died"

We've all been through wrestlers deaths, and even Owens was hard due to the circumstances, but Eddies.. shit... that was tough.. The man was one of a kind.. That phrase gets thrown around a lot, but ask any one, and they'll say Eddie was in a league of his own, and had just barley hit his prime. His death can be attributed to the beginning of the shit we now have, and sadly, to Benoit's murder suicide. With him gone, I honestly lost some interest in wrestling. I stopped going to Indy shows, and stopped watching Smackdown for a bit afterward too. Mostly, because now he was dead, I was horribly pissed about how his run as Champ was booked and his horribly managed last feud with Ray ended up being.

There has yet to be another worker like him. Someone who has not only the charisma, the work ethic, the skills and the connection to the people like Eddie. He is sadly missed.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:59 pm

All other weddings pale in comparison to a wedding announced by The Fink:
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:12 am

man I want the Fink to announce my wedding
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 am

Fried Gold wrote:All other weddings pale in comparison to a wedding announced by The Fink:



The internet can stop now... this.. is the greatest thing ever.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Jeff Hardy to plead guilty

I would venture to guess he worked out some kind of deal, I'd be curious on the details though.
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Bloo wrote:Jeff Hardy to plead guilty

I would venture to guess he worked out some kind of deal, I'd be curious on the details though.

TNA made that stupid pink title belt for nothing.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
Bloo wrote:Jeff Hardy to plead guilty

I would venture to guess he worked out some kind of deal, I'd be curious on the details though.

TNA made that stupid pink title belt for nothing.


god that belt sucks
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COME BACK...TO WRESTLEMANIA
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:24 am

I was at that Raw in Anaheim when the Rock returned...

In all my years of attending live events, I have never, EVER heard a pop like that. I swear to almighty Xenu that I though the roof was going to collapse from the noise that was being made.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:11 am

bastard_robo wrote:I was at that Raw in Anaheim when the Rock returned...

In all my years of attending live events, I have never, EVER heard a pop like that. I swear to almighty Xenu that I though the roof was going to collapse from the noise that was being made.


man I wish I could have been there, I was totally marking the fuck out in my apartment
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:19 am

One of my favorite wrestlers, current WWE Heavyweight Champion, announced that, due to medical issues, he is being forced to retire
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:14 pm

The best thing about this news is that we won't have any more Edge matches.
User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Bloo wrote:One of my favorite wrestlers, current WWE Heavyweight Champion, announced that, due to medical issues, he is being forced to retire


When Edge came up, I was an enormous fan. He participated in some of the most incredible tag matches of all time. He was also a very awesome IC champ. I faded from wrestling when Edge graduated to Heavyweight status. I count Edge among my all time favorites. I randomly tuned in in time to watch this and was very moved.

Thanks for some awesome memories, Edge.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby bastard_robo on Sat May 07, 2011 4:09 pm

As of tuesday.... every right move that WWE made on Sunday was fulshed down the fucking toilet in a fashion that would make TNA blush and do post 1999 WCW proud.

They took the belt of Christain, and fucking put it on Randy Orton.

Just... what the fuck.

People have been bitching that the prodcut has bes been stale. Part of that problem is that creative is leaning too heavily on Cena and Orton. They're protected to the hill and it's keeping shit from getting interesting. Orton is a SHITTY fucking excuse for an Austin style face. in the Draft, they moved Smackdown's top heel, Del Rio, to Raw to probalby job out to Cena for the next 6 months. Christain finally got the recoinsition he deserved (sadlly it had to be in the way Ray Mysterio got his, by someone being perminatly pushed out, though Edge isnt' dead) and 3 days later it's a giant fuck you and they take the belt off of him.

Ok... Im starting to ramble like a madman.. i'm going to stop here before I write any other un readable rants.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Sun May 08, 2011 2:40 am

bastard_robo wrote:As of tuesday.... every right move that WWE made on Sunday was fulshed down the fucking toilet in a fashion that would make TNA blush and do post 1999 WCW proud.

They took the belt of Christain, and fucking put it on Randy Orton.

Just... what the fuck.

People have been bitching that the prodcut has bes been stale. Part of that problem is that creative is leaning too heavily on Cena and Orton. They're protected to the hill and it's keeping shit from getting interesting. Orton is a SHITTY fucking excuse for an Austin style face. in the Draft, they moved Smackdown's top heel, Del Rio, to Raw to probalby job out to Cena for the next 6 months. Christain finally got the recoinsition he deserved (sadlly it had to be in the way Ray Mysterio got his, by someone being perminatly pushed out, though Edge isnt' dead) and 3 days later it's a giant fuck you and they take the belt off of him.

Ok... Im starting to ramble like a madman.. i'm going to stop here before I write any other un readable rants.


couldn't have said it better myself. I'm still pissed about this
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:51 pm

User avatar
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 13898
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:28 pm
Location: ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Bringing this thread back so I can properly articulate my love of CM Punk.

...he rules.

And I am done.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:59 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Bringing this thread back so I can properly articulate my love of CM Punk.

...he rules.

And I am done.


men Brother, and I REALLY hope he doesn't leave my WWE or I may be forced to quit watching until he or Jericho comes back
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm

Bloo wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Bringing this thread back so I can properly articulate my love of CM Punk.

...he rules.

And I am done.


men Brother, and I REALLY hope he doesn't leave my WWE or I may be forced to quit watching until he or Jericho comes back


Whatever happens July 15th, I'll always have this:

Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:31 pm

have you tried the GTS pizza yet?
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Bloo wrote:have you tried the GTS pizza yet?


Ha! No, but Ian's is right by my apartment. And Punk and I go to the same comic book shop. Haven't run into him yet, but I see Colt Cabana a lot. The owners of the shop are really good friends with Punk. I am trying to worm my way into a night out with them next time it occurs.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 pm

You do know this is all just to get Cena over with an older generation (i.e. not 8 year olds), yeah?
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Bloo wrote:have you tried the GTS pizza yet?


Ha! No, but Ian's is right by my apartment. And Punk and I go to the same comic book shop. Haven't run into him yet, but I see Colt Cabana a lot. The owners of the shop are really good friends with Punk. I am trying to worm my way into a night out with them next time it occurs.


that's awesome Lecko. Are you going to the PPV?

King Of Nowhere wrote:You do know this is all just to get Cena over with an older generation (i.e. not 8 year olds), yeah?


it doesn't matter the reason, if that is the reason, it's still an epic promo from Punk, and according the a lot of the former creative people who blog it was very "true to life". It's also got me interested in seeing where this is going.
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Bloo wrote:
it doesn't matter the reason, if that is the reason, it's still an epic promo from Punk, and according the a lot of the former creative people who blog it was very "true to life". It's also got me interested in seeing where this is going.


Fuck the former creative people, Chavo was on twitter talking about how great the punk "shoot" was, but he pointed out that it rang much truer to him than it did Punk. Chavo was turned into a bitch & spent his career in opening matches, even if Punk does leave, he's still had a massive push at the end of his run that'll lead in to wherever he chooses to go (back to ROH? he was massive there anyway). As much as i hate W*E booking, they must've done something right to have people still know who Punk is after his 6 months long losing streak.

It's going to end the same way R-Truth's story ended, with Super Cena coming out on top.
Although Truth's storyline was awful, he did talk about Cena being the only guy selling shirts, being the face of the company & basically expressed everything Punk did, but in a more comedic fashion.
If you were to look at the Truth v Cena match from the last ppv again, but think of it as a parody of the W*E's booking, it might actually work.

You should quit watching W*E anyway, the only way they'll change what they're doing is if they start losing money.
ROH is getting a tv show shortly, TN- erm, iMPACT WRESTLING presents a new car crash every week & All Wheels Wrestling should turn out to be hilariously bad, so you've got plenty of alternatives to the banality of W*E, not to mention all those indy feds doing ppvs online right now.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

is it better to have a push and then go on a six month losing streak and be saddled with a lame stable and to be a former world champion or to never have been in that position at all? Chavo's got some major gripes, and I don't blame him for leaving, but I also have to wonder why he didn't do this a year ago when he was stuck in a lame ever ending feud with Hornswoggle?

I'll keep watching the 'E but I'm going to limit myself to probably Smackdown if Raw doesn't improve soon. I'm enjoying the matches between Orton and Christian, even if Christian should never have lost the title in the first place. What they should have done there is have Christian keep winning as opposed to Orton. Wrestling is much more interesting when the Face is chasing the title
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:36 pm

I get much more pleasure from watching independent feds. Chikara was in town a couple of weeks ago. It was excellent.

But I want the WWE to be better. With all the money and exposure, the WWE could be the summer blockbuster film compared to the more experimental and technically impressive independent film.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:03 pm

Bloo wrote:is it better to have a push and then go on a six month losing streak and be saddled with a lame stable and to be a former world champion or to never have been in that position at all? Chavo's got some major gripes, and I don't blame him for leaving, but I also have to wonder why he didn't do this a year ago when he was stuck in a lame ever ending feud with Hornswoggle?

I'll keep watching the 'E but I'm going to limit myself to probably Smackdown if Raw doesn't improve soon. I'm enjoying the matches between Orton and Christian, even if Christian should never have lost the title in the first place. What they should have done there is have Christian keep winning as opposed to Orton. Wrestling is much more interesting when the Face is chasing the title


You buy Orton as a face?
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:06 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Bloo wrote:is it better to have a push and then go on a six month losing streak and be saddled with a lame stable and to be a former world champion or to never have been in that position at all? Chavo's got some major gripes, and I don't blame him for leaving, but I also have to wonder why he didn't do this a year ago when he was stuck in a lame ever ending feud with Hornswoggle?

I'll keep watching the 'E but I'm going to limit myself to probably Smackdown if Raw doesn't improve soon. I'm enjoying the matches between Orton and Christian, even if Christian should never have lost the title in the first place. What they should have done there is have Christian keep winning as opposed to Orton. Wrestling is much more interesting when the Face is chasing the title


You buy Orton as a face?


I hate Orton as a face, he works better as a heel, but "technically" Orton is a face
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Bloo wrote:
King Of Nowhere wrote:
Bloo wrote:is it better to have a push and then go on a six month losing streak and be saddled with a lame stable and to be a former world champion or to never have been in that position at all? Chavo's got some major gripes, and I don't blame him for leaving, but I also have to wonder why he didn't do this a year ago when he was stuck in a lame ever ending feud with Hornswoggle?

I'll keep watching the 'E but I'm going to limit myself to probably Smackdown if Raw doesn't improve soon. I'm enjoying the matches between Orton and Christian, even if Christian should never have lost the title in the first place. What they should have done there is have Christian keep winning as opposed to Orton. Wrestling is much more interesting when the Face is chasing the title


You buy Orton as a face?


I hate Orton as a face, he works better as a heel, but "technically" Orton is a face


Yeah, I mean Orton is WAY "over," which I guess lands him as "face" status. But he certainly isn't a "baby face" by any means. I don't get it, but whatever.
Image
User avatar
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS
 
Posts: 11031
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Wrestling Revolution

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

From Variety:
Katz grapples with wrestling venture - Exec starts WWE rival 'Wrestling Revolution'
Marc Graser wrote:What started out as frustration has evolved into a business.

Jeff Katz, a former Fox and New Line exec who worked on "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "Freddy vs. Jason," will start lensing "Wrestling Revolution," a 13-episode wrestling series that Image Entertainment has come aboard to distribute via e-tailers like Apple, Amazon, Hulu and Netflix before packaging it as a DVD in North America.

After growing increasingly disgruntled with the plotlines of WWE's TV shows, Katz reached out to wrestling fans on Twitter to gauge whether they'd be willing to help raise $100,000 to fund "WR." Katz hit the mark June 22, receiving coin from 182 contributors after starting to seek pledges May 6 through Kickstarter.com.

Production on the series begins in October in Los Angeles.

Katz says skein will revolve around a group of 22 wrestlers in a storyline with a three-act structure -- something he said has been impossible for WWE to do with its two weekly series, "Monday Night Raw" on USA Network and "Friday Night SmackDown" on Syfy, given that the shows air 52 weeks a year without breaks.

"The actual storytelling and production structure of wrestling today doesn't lend itself to telling complete stories," he said. "People who are willing to sample ("WR") will get something that, at the very minimum, that will have a complete storyline, like a comicbook," said Katz, who has also created graphic novels including "Booster Gold" at DC Comics.

Katz has enlisted music composer Brian Tyler ("Fast Five," "The Expendables") to provide the soundtrack for "Wrestling Revolution," Gary Frutkof ("Shoot Em Up," "Hawaii Five-0," "Prison Break") to handle production design, and Colin Strause, co-founder of f/x shop Hydraulx ("Battle: Los Angeles," "Iron Man 2"), to assist with the visuals.

Project was born "out of my rants on Twitter," Katz said. "I realized that as a longtime wrestling fan, I was watching (WWE's shows) out of force of habit for the past several years."

With a small budget, Katz sees "WR" as more of an indie film than a TV show. The way it will be distribbed will also take advantage of newer digital methods.

"I'll never compete with WWE in terms of their cash reserves, their history or scale," Katz said. "The only way I can do this is by doing something that's creatively different," which has meant "using the tricks that I learned from 12 years in Hollywood."

"I'm not claiming I won't screw it up, but at the minimum it does offer something different from what we get 90% of the time on television."

Katz started his career at Ted Turner's World Championship Wrestling, which WWE later purchased, so "anyone who knows me probably will not be surprised that I'm doing this," he said. "I owe my career to wrestling. I'm the guy that had the big Rick Flair and Hulk Hogan belt hanging next to movie posters in my office."

Katz thinks he already has an audience for "WR."

"Wrestling fans are a unique group in that they're hard to get to watch shows before or after wrestling. But if it's wrestling stuff, they're hardcore."
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Rather than spam my last blog post, i'll just copy & paste it here for you guys to tell me how wrong i am about tonight's ppv...

I wrote:Image
That logo says “we are bold” “We’re the company that’s not afraid to have people say “shit” or “ass hole” and talk about erectile dysfunction”. More than that, it says “We tried red, so now we have to use blue.WCW taught us that only blue and red could be used for wrestling logos”. You can’t blame them for the last one though, Vince did the same thing when he said yes to Smackdown.

Did you know TN- erm, Impact Wresting ran a PPV last week that was better than any other PPV they’ve put on during the Hogan era?
No? I can’t blame you, it’s not like they were promoting it every week on Impact, it’s not like they spent any time building storylines that would come to a head on the show either. Here’s the last 4 weeks of Impact:

AJ/Joe/some other guy who gets constantly looked over by whoever is doing the booking that week comes out & says something about the ppv, the crowd goes wild. AJ/whoever has a match & loses & we also get told they lost a house show match that was part of the Bound For Glory tournament.
TNA jobbed out the people who the PPV would be built around for four weeks in order to promote a PPV happening in October.

OCTOBER!

People on twitter were blaming Russo because it’s easy to blame Russo, but if you look at the cruiserweight cluster-fuck in WCW, it was Bishoff running the show back then. He seems to be the guy who booked Rey losing his mask & the whole Nash angle that went with it, he booked Nash as an ultra-heel (something that used to happen with every big guy) & it worked. People hated Nash, Rey got a big push (at the cost of his mask, but it didn’t stop him from putting it back on when Vince called) and everyone was as happy as they could be during the start of WCW’s downfall.

Bischoff re-used the NWO almost as soon as he got his foot in the door, so it makes sense that he’d try other things that worked back then.
Lets have a look at the ODB thing:

When Raven first showed up on WCW he was in the audience & everyone (well, if you knew who he was) was going crazy. Raven spent about 6 months on WCW programming “without a contract” & would send one of his “lackeys” to wrestle for him if he didn’t feel like fighting. It worked & it not only built Raven, but it gave Saturn & Kidman the push they needed (Van Hammer not so much, but come on, it was Van fucking Hammer). It was one of the great long-winded storylines that WCW let run at the time (the other being the 9 month build up to Sting v Hogan).

The reason the same thing isn’t working with ODB & Jackie? It’s kinda simple
1. Jackie was with TNA 2 years ago, people know who she is & that she’s only getting the push because she’s a former WWF employee. ODB had been off-screen for all of 8 months & she wasn’t much of a name back then either. The story is being wasted on two people who we don’t need to be introduced to, two people who we already know not to care about.
2. Raven would declare that every match he competed in would fall under “Raven’s Rules” (no DQ), people would get excited because they didn’t know what was going to happen. TNA has Mike Tenay say “you know, these two are not under contract, so they may not stick to the stipulation” during the match, flat out telling us the ending & making us waste the next five mins waiting for it to happen.
How do they stop this from happening? Push people who need it & don’t give away the ending of your matches. That’s kinda “Booking 101″ i guess, but maybe they’ll learn from their mistakes.

TNA’s most successful(?) ppvs had 30,000 & 20,000 buys last year. Impact got 1,847,000 viewers at the start of March this year & while i don’t know the buy-rate for any of the recent ppv’s, 10% of 1,847,000 is 184,700.
I’m no business man, but if the number of people complaining about your product = at least 6 x the number of people paying to watch your show, well, it might be worth listening to them, or at least not insulting them online. For all the blandness of WWE, Vince isn’t blogging about how he thinks his viewers are gentlemen.

Which brings me to…
Image
Much like that of TN- erm, Impact Wrestling, WWE’s logo says all you need to know about the product, it says “Attitude, but neutered”.

Randy Orton runs Smackdown as the face who boasts about kicking people in the head for fun & “going to that place only Orton goes” (the cinema that was showing That’s What I Am, i guess)
John Cena rules Raw with an iron fist, iron head, iron chest, iron legs… A recent PPV showcased his ability to survive the A-bomb. With that in mind, i’m going to post potential spoilers. If you don’t want tonight’s main event ruined, you better look away now…

CENA WINS!
I have no source other than the knowledge of how WWE have booked Cena during his career. I like that the R-Truth v Cena & C.M. Punk v Cena feuds have been the same. R-Truth’s version of the feud was more comedic, but his point was much the same as Punk’s during the “shoot” that everyone got hyped up over. R-Truth’s version will work as a parody of the C.M Punk one when it’s all said & done.

I get it though, WWE’s booking team know Cena is boring people & they need to do something to keep them caring until the match with The Rock at next year’s Wrestlemania. Teasing the fans with Cena’s downfall will only work a few times before people get bored with it as well (look at how long everyone has been sick of Immortal over on TNA & we know they’re dragging that angle out until October). After the hugeness (i can’t think of another word to describe it) of the Punk “shoot” I don’t think anyone else on the Raw roster will be able to make us believe they will take Cena down, that’s why they are using Punk to make Cena popular with an older crowd.

As boring as i find it, i cant blame them.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Ring Of Honor comes to network television via the Sinclair Broadcasting Corp this weekend

full line up of stations and markets here

NO Wichita or Denver market for me to watch it, but t hey are going to be showing shows on their website for free, I'm assuming, a day or two later
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby King Of Nowhere on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Bloo wrote:Ring Of Honor comes to network television via the Sinclair Broadcasting Corp this weekend

full line up of stations and markets here

NO Wichita or Denver market for me to watch it, but t hey are going to be showing shows on their website for free, I'm assuming, a day or two later


you're on twitter, yeah?
Shoot me a DM when it's about to air & i might be able to help you out.

Also, Craig & i recorded a podcast about WWE Night of Champions.
If you can tolerate the Scottish accent (lots of people on youtube can't, apparently), the link to download it is here.
User avatar
King Of Nowhere
SPAM Killer!
 
Posts: 6165
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:39 pm

King Of Nowhere wrote:
Bloo wrote:Ring Of Honor comes to network television via the Sinclair Broadcasting Corp this weekend

full line up of stations and markets here

NO Wichita or Denver market for me to watch it, but t hey are going to be showing shows on their website for free, I'm assuming, a day or two later


you're on twitter, yeah?
Shoot me a DM when it's about to air & i might be able to help you out.

Also, Craig & i recorded a podcast about WWE Night of Champions.
If you can tolerate the Scottish accent (lots of people on youtube can't, apparently), the link to download it is here.


cool will do, it looks like it's airing at several different times, depending on the market (lots of independent and CW stations are owned by Sinclair), I'm guessing by Saturday night or Sunday it'll be on the torrents too

Thanks for the link about NoC, what a dissapoinment that was
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:10 am

something I thought I'd never see in the WWE

Image
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby so sorry on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Bloo wrote:Image


something I thought I'd never see in the WWE



What, mostly naked guys?
User avatar
so sorry
Deacon Blues
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:29 am

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:38 pm

so sorry wrote:
Bloo wrote:Image


something I thought I'd never see in the WWE



What, mostly naked guys?


:lol:
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby SilentBobX on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm

No reason for this, just wanted to commit it here.

Top Five Jobber Upset Matches:

1. Mulkeymania is born! 1987, on TBS, the perennial losers of the NWA, the Mulkey Brothers, win their first and ONLY
match on television, beating The Gladiators(George South and Gary Royal). The reactions by Tony Scihavone and David Crockett are priceless.

2. Lanny Poffo(The Genius) def. Hulk Hogan. 1989, SNME Topeka, KS. With a little assist from Mr. Perfect(Curt Hennig) at ringside, The Genius gets a countout victory over the world champion whose reaction is shock and awe.

3. Jimmy Hart wins a battle royal. 1986(?) Madison Square Garden. A big 20 man battle royal where The Mouth of the South hides under the ring for 99% of the match only to emerge just in time to 'help' the last 2 combatants over the top rope. Hilarious and awesome all in one.

4. Moondog Spot def. Terry Funk. 1985, The Wrestling Classic. Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, Illinois. This was part of a tournament that saw Moondog somehow get back in the ring in time to beat the 10 count.

5. Bobby Heenan def. SD(Special Delivery) Jones. 1985, Madison Square Garden. Yes, you read that right. Bobby Heenan, a former pro wrestler wins what should've been a cakewalk for SD Jones, who would lose later that same year to King Kong Bundy in 26(not 9 as the Fink says) at the first WrestleMania. The Brain wins after a rolling SD up and grabbing a handful of tights.


Mahalo
Image
User avatar
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:21 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 am

WWE following a Netflix/Hulu Plus style method for the Feb 2014 launch of WWE Network.

$9.99/month 6 month commitment.

Some people are thinking that the price will go up after 6 months, I don't think so. It's slightly more then Netflix and H+ for a niche market. What I'm guessing (I haven't read all the details) is that you'll plunk down $60/6 months similar to Amazon Prime.

Included is all WWE, WCW, and ECW PPVs from the past, selected matches (I'm guessing they'll either expand that or every couple of months they'll rotate new matches in) uncut and uncensored, and all CURRENT PPVs.

Available on Android, Kindle fire, and Apple ios devices, X-Box 360 (XBox 1 coming later this year) Roku, and computer.

Launch date is Feb 24. Happy Birthday to me.

Cable presence (Raw on USA and Smackdown on Sci-Fi) will remain, added in will be pre and post shows, provided WWE doesn't reach a deal with another Network. I'm guessing they'll stay with Universal/NBC though.

It's an interesting gamble but I think it's the right model espicially for people like me who have done away with cable completely. I'll gladly play $9.99 to watch classic Raw, Nitro, Smackdown, and older PPVs and current PPVs, which I currently do via a shitty stream usually from Europe.

I'd like to be able to watch current Raw and Smackdown on demand or live I'm guessing that's in the plans but didn't want to announce anything until their current network deal is worked out (either with Universal/NBC or a new one).
Image
User avatar
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN
 
Posts: 9668
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas, home of the Bacon Explosion

ANDRE THE GIANT

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:53 am

Randy Savage vs. Andre the Giant-WWF Title


ComicsAlliance:
Buy This Book: Box Brown’s ‘Andre The Giant: Life And Legend’

OBEY THE GIANT
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Hulkamania!)

Postby TheButcher on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 am

Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania: Why the Matches Mattered
Few have made such an impact on WrestleMania as the Hulkster. Gavin breaks down the importance of each of Hogan's WrestleMania appearances.
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Hulkamania!)

Postby TheButcher on Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 pm

User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:03 pm

CBR @ SDCC:
ROH's ’s Bryan Danielson Talks Injuries, Comics and KENTA
KENTA vs Marufuji


NOAH 6/06/2010 Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA Highlights
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby TheButcher on Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Kenta & Marufuji - light out mv
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby TheButcher on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 pm

WWE Macho Man – The Randy Savage Story DVD Gets November 18th Release

Home video release will also contain a Randy “Macho Man” Savage T-shirt, bandana, and Savage’s trademark sunglasses.


amazon:
Macho Man – The Randy Savage Story
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:12 am

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2014/11/26/aow-226-cm-punk/

CM Punk breaks his silence, shocks and divides the wrestling internet world.

A fascinating listen either way and definably recommend everyone to listen to it
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

Image
User avatar
bastard_robo
SCANK BARON
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:59 am
Location: Hello Kitty Adventure Island

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby TheButcher on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 am

IGN Wrestling Wrap Up:
Austin vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania 32?
User avatar
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR
 
Posts: 17350
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:02 am
Location: The Bureau of Sabotage

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest