Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

Postby Bloo on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am

bastard_robo wrote:
travis-dane wrote:ECW gets the boot and will be re-branded into NXT(The next generation of WWE Superstars).

Rumble was fine, and it looks like a good build up to this years 'Mania.

I'm glad that ECW is now dead... It's been dead for a long time, now its out of its misery.. besides, and OVW type show on national TV is a good thing.

TNA is still sucking pretty bad though..

I caught one bit on TNA tonight, Hogan and Nash barely "acting" their way through a bit about Mick Foley it was embarressing to watch.

I'm not saying Vince is perfect, that man makes a lot of mistakes, but I thought this week's Raw was really good, as was the Rumble

I'm fine with ECW going the way of the wild goose, it hasn't been "ECW" in a long time
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 am

Bloo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:
travis-dane wrote:ECW gets the boot and will be re-branded into NXT(The next generation of WWE Superstars).

Rumble was fine, and it looks like a good build up to this years 'Mania.

I'm glad that ECW is now dead... It's been dead for a long time, now its out of its misery.. besides, and OVW type show on national TV is a good thing.

TNA is still sucking pretty bad though..

I caught one bit on TNA tonight, Hogan and Nash barely "acting" their way through a bit about Mick Foley it was embarressing to watch.

I'm not saying Vince is perfect, that man makes a lot of mistakes, but I thought this week's Raw was really good, as was the Rumble

I'm fine with ECW going the way of the wild goose, it hasn't been "ECW" in a long time

My main curiosity is if they're going to have a NXT (thats what the new show is going to be called) champion, or if it will be an over glorified Sunday Night Heat... I know that the model that they're using works, Look at Punk, Kofie, Shamus, and Bourne, they all came out of ECW's new wave, and they all seem to be getting over well (well, no one really questioned Punk after about 2 months in ECW)
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby buster00 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:12 pm

Holy crap, I didn't even know Edge was back yet! And they put him over Cena in the Rumble? That's awesome.

I have been going through another not-watching-rasslin period, mainly because 24 has been on.

What's the story with Sheamus? Is he a heel or a face now? It's funny that he has the fakest Irish accent, even though he's actually from Ireland.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 am

buster00 wrote:Holy crap, I didn't even know Edge was back yet! And they put him over Cena in the Rumble? That's awesome.

I have been going through another not-watching-rasslin period, mainly because 24 has been on.

What's the story with Sheamus? Is he a heel or a face now? It's funny that he has the fakest Irish accent, even though he's actually from Ireland.

Sheamus is a heel. They will use him to turn Orton face.
-
Lesbian Nazi Hookers Abducted by UFOs and Forced Into Weight Loss Programs!
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am

travis-dane wrote:
buster00 wrote:Holy crap, I didn't even know Edge was back yet! And they put him over Cena in the Rumble? That's awesome.

and if the creative guys are smart, use face Orton at wrestlemainia to turn Cena Heel
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby travis-dane on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am

bastard_robo wrote:
travis-dane wrote:

and if the creative guys are smart, use face Orton at wrestlemainia to turn Cena Heel

Cena + merchandise = Cena no heel.
You should know better Robo. :wink:
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Bloo on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 am

I doubt they'd turn Cena heel, and I really don't want them to turn Orten face, because there's such a lack of good heels right now. Jericho, of course, tops the list of fantastic heels. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him form a stable of sorts with the Hart Dynasty and use them to really put over the tag divison that is seriously lacking right now.

CM Punk is also doing a good job with his hell run at the moment, and I'm hoping they go with a Punk/Mysterio feud for Wrestlemania

and travis just beat me to the point about Cena turning heel, he brings in way to much merchindise
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby bastard_robo on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 am

Bloo wrote:I doubt they'd turn Cena heel, and I really don't want them to turn Orten face, because there's such a lack of good heels right now. Jericho, of course, tops the list of fantastic heels. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him form a stable of sorts with the Hart Dynasty and use them to really put over the tag divison that is seriously lacking right now.

CM Punk is also doing a good job with his hell run at the moment, and I'm hoping they go with a Punk/Mysterio feud for Wrestlemania

and travis just beat me to the point about Cena turning heel, he brings in way to much merchindise

I actually thing Cena as a heel would A) be the biggest turn since Austins Heel turn at WM 17, B) Freshen the shit out of things. There are only a handful of guys EVER that can just stay face and thats how it should be. Ray Mysterio is one of those guys. Jeff Hardy is another. They couldnt play heels even if their life dependent on it (and Im not talking about the hardys when they were with Hayes or Gangrel, they were nothing more than White Noise at the time) Cena has already proven he could be an awesome heel, but they're too afraid to go anywere with it
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 am

I'd love to see Cena turn heel, can you imagine the heat he'd get at say WM. He and Batista put up a hell of a match. Lots of near falls, kicking out of each other's finishers, etc. Bret somehow causes Cena to lose. Batista and Vince leave, Bret tries to apologize and Cena puts Bret in the STFU...or at least hits him with a 5 knuckle shuffle. He'd have so much heat. Espically if on Raw he came out and gave a really impassioned speech about how he watched Bret growing up, he defended Bret when Vince was talking trash, but after last night he realized how weak Bret is.

You could then turn the Hart Foundation face by having them come out, have Austin come out, anyone really
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Random Coaxial

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:58 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Wrestling Channel

Postby Bloo on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:22 pm

TheButcher wrote:From Vulture:
WWE Network Coming to a TV Near You

if he'd show old Starcaades and Wrestlemania's I'd watch
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Re: The Wrestling Channel

Postby buster00 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:58 pm

Bloo wrote:
TheButcher wrote:From Vulture:
WWE Network Coming to a TV Near You

if he'd show old Starcaades and Wrestlemania's I'd watch

I'd tune in too. Classic matches already take up a big chunk of my YouTube searches.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 am

what I'd love to find but haven't been able to on YouTube is Chris Jericho's first match in WWF/E from Smackdown in 1999 in Kansas City

I was at that match and it was crazy good, espcially considering he was wrestling the Road Dogg

What I remember is that he was still utilizing the triple powerbomb and he did it to Jesse James through a "steel" chair I loved it screamed my head off spilled my beer

man I miss Jericho's triple power bomb

I also got to see Shawn Micheals Superkick the rock and give HHH his (I believe) first title
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby bastard_robo on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:58 am

Bloo wrote:what I'd love to find but haven't been able to on YouTube is Chris Jericho's first match in WWF/E from Smackdown in 1999 in Kansas City

I was at that match and it was crazy good, espcially considering he was wrestling the Road Dogg

What I remember is that he was still utilizing the triple powerbomb and he did it to Jesse James through a "steel" chair I loved it screamed my head off spilled my beer

I also got to see Shawn Micheals Superkick the rock and give HHH his (I believe) first title

HHH got his frist title from beating Mankind the day after Summerslam 98 i believe...might of been 99

Also mark this date on your calender..

March 3rd 2010, the day TNA dies... This is the day that dixie carter foolishly listens to Hogan and Bichoff and moves the show to mondays against Raw... My prediction, 3 months and either Spike moves them back to Thursdays or they're shit canned.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:12 pm

bastard_robo wrote:
Bloo wrote:what I'd love to find but haven't been able to on YouTube is Chris Jericho's first match in WWF/E from Smackdown in 1999 in Kansas City

HHH got his frist title from beating Mankind the day after Summerslam 98 i believe...might of been 99

Also mark this date on your calender..

March 3rd 2010, the day TNA dies... This is the day that dixie carter foolishly listens to Hogan and Bichoff and moves the show to mondays against Raw... My prediction, 3 months and either Spike moves them back to Thursdays or they're shit canned.

I don't know what Dixie Carter's problem is, Hogan Bischoff, and Russo all ran WcW into the ground, so let's let them run TNA into the ground.

Thursdays were a good night for them with very little competition.

oh and I looked it up, Mankind won the Title at Summerslam '99 in a triple threat match with him, Austin, and HHH. HHH beat Mankind on Monday night Raw the next night and then defeated the Rock at the Smackdown premier in KC when Micheals Superkicked the Rock.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Has anyone been watching WWE NXT?

I watched the first episode and REALLY liked what I saw. It is an excellent way to push talent, IMO. Gives us a chance to get to know guys before they are just thrust into RAW for squash matches and shit.

The last match of the first episode, with Jericho, was very good. I am going to watch the second ep tonight. I hope it is just as good.

RAW was week on Monday. It wasn't anywhere near as good as last week, which actually featured some good wrestling and nice build ups.

But does anybody else think the line-up for the MITB match is week as fuck? MVP? Ziggler? Kane?!

I know there are still two slots to fill, but they would have to be bad ass to make up for the other 6.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Christian is the only hope I have for MITB. He should win.
NXT is interesting, but the show once again tells how dumb the WWE development guys are, ie Daniel Brian. The dude is considered to be the best worker out there today, and the WWE guys change his name from Brian Daniels to Daniel Brian. Nothing else. He wears his old Ringwear and has the same gimmick he had for the last 10 years. Why in the Fuck you change the guys name then?
Last nights Raw was okay, the Batista/Cena build up is very well done, Vince gave his all in his segment, Bret was a little out of place.
This years Wrestlemania should be really good.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 pm

travis-dane wrote:Christian is the only hope I have for MITB. He should win.
NXT is interesting, but the show once again tells how dumb the WWE development guys are, ie Daniel Brian. The dude is considered to be the best worker out there today, and the WWE guys change his name from Brian Daniels to Daniel Brian. Nothing else. He wears his old Ringwear and has the same gimmick he had for the last 10 years. Why in the Fuck you change the guys name then?
Last nights Raw was okay, the Batista/Cena build up is very well done, Vince gave his all in his segment, Bret was a little out of place.
This years Wrestlemania should be really good.

Yeah, but the name change is to satisfy Vince. He needs to OWN all of the names of his wrestlers, which is why he makes them change to something silly. I am real surprised that he let CM Punk keep that name.

But other than that, I think they are building Daniel Brian up really well. His feud with the Miz is really well done, thus far.

I really liked Batista's stuff on RAW. He was OK on the mic and the motivation he is going with is a good one.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Just watched episode 2 of NXT.

Wow, just as good as the first. This is really top notch wrestling entertainment. The whole hour is devoted to story telling. Very little is wasted. That last match, Regal was spectacular driving the story home.

And kudos to Jericho for continuing to help put over Daniel Bryantson or whatever the fuck WWE is calling him.

I am so impressed with this show at the moment. I really hope the momentum continues.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:11 am

jericho I think is one of the few guys in the WWE that knows you have to lose sometimes to push the new guys and even if you don't lose there are great ways to show off the new, younger guys.

I still haven't seen NXT but I like the concepet. The time slot doesn't work for me as I have to leave for work at 9pm on Tuesdays and WWE rarely replays anything and doesn't stream stuff online so I need to seek out some torrents or something
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 am

Bloo wrote:jericho I think is one of the few guys in the WWE that knows you have to lose sometimes to push the new guys and even if you don't lose there are great ways to show off the new, younger guys.

I still haven't seen NXT but I like the concepet. The time slot doesn't work for me as I have to leave for work at 9pm on Tuesdays and WWE rarely replays anything and doesn't stream stuff online so I need to seek out some torrents or something

Dude!!

All of WWE shows are streamed on Hulu. They have back eps for Raw and Smackdown back to like July!

DO IT! WATCH IT!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:34 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Bloo wrote:jericho I think is one of the few guys in the WWE that knows you have to lose sometimes to push the new guys and even if you don't lose there are great ways to show off the new, younger guys.

Dude!!

All of WWE shows are streamed on Hulu. They have back eps for Raw and Smackdown back to like July!

DO IT! WATCH IT!

REALLY! damn that's awesome I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby travis-dane on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 am

Bloo wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Dude!!

DO IT! WATCH IT!

and did I not sent you two links where you can find every Wrestling show in the whole world?
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Bloo on Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 am

travis-dane wrote:
Bloo wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:

Dude!!

DO IT! WATCH IT!

you did that's where I was headed till I heard about Hulu...I'll probably still head over there at some point

and did I not sent you two links where you can find every Wrestling show in the whole world?
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:44 am

Go forth and enjoy, Bloo!

I want to hear your thoughts on NXT!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:But does anybody else think the line-up for the MITB match is week as fuck? MVP? Ziggler? Kane?!

I know there are still two slots to fill, but they would have to be bad ass to make up for the other 6.

On the other hand, Shelton Benjamin is in. He is a madman when it comes to ladder matches. You can count on him for some crazy stunts.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:51 pm

buster00 wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:But does anybody else think the line-up for the MITB match is weak as fuck? MVP? Ziggler? Kane?!

On the other hand, Shelton Benjamin is in. He is a madman when it comes to ladder matches. You can count on him for some crazy stunts.

Well, yeah, but the guy has been in like every MITB match since existence, it seems! He will be in there doing awesome stuff and he will lose, as he always has. It may be exciting, but it is also anti-climactic.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bastard_robo on Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:59 am

The concept of NXT is sound.. but im still not sold on execution. The problem is is that WWE will only let guys get over based on their character, not wrestling skill. (if it were the other way around, Regal would be champ at the moment) All of these guys coming up will work some form of the WWE style. You will never ever see Bryan's indy style, same as CM Punk is now. While Punk had character to really get over, I never saw any of that on the indy scene with Bryan. Guy could wrestle, but was flat as shit on every other aspect. He'll get over from this show for a while, but unless he picks up some really grand mic skill, he'll be IC title 4 life.

Side note.. My prediction of TNA fucking up royal is coming to pass. Their booking has gotten stupider by the week. While they've made up with some decent PPV's, they're still losing major in the rating. Hell this past week they've dropped to the levels of their FOX SPORTS show. Proving once and for all, Hogan isnt a major draw anymore. Again, 6 months they're either gone or back to Thursday nights after getting their asses handed to them by Vince on a weekly basis.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 am

Well, the first MONDAY NIGHT WARS in 9 years is over..

WWE pulled like a 5 in ratings

TNA, barley a 1

WWE's build to Wrestlemaina has been ok thus far. I haven't been watching Smackdown, as the only match, and what will probably be the main event of WM, Jericho vs Edge is about the only thing I need to know from there. Shaw vs Taker will be good, and the build is ok, but not like last year. Batista and Cena oddly has been the best story build so far.. match will be lackluster at best. and I have no fucking clue as how Vince v Bret is going down. The man is basically a fragile shell now.. One punch and down goes vince? Money in the bank will be interesting.. My bet would be Christian gets the case. (though I would prefer Matt to win..but that's wishful thinking)

TNA on the other hand..

Oh TNA..you should promise 4 years ago.. then you let Hogan and Bichoff team with Russo again, and it's showing. You've truly learned nothing from the last years of WCW, nor have you held Hogans ego back.

Yeah, its cool that you got Ken (Kennady) Anderson, Jeff Hardy, RVD and even Shannon Moore, but you give the most screen time to Hogan, Flair Bichoff and humiliating Foley and Jerret. Sure giving Frankie, Daniels and the X champ decent time was nice, but you still suck at booking.

Turing Sting heel, good in theory, poor in execution. Hogan, stop wrestling. Your age is showing too much. You and a 60 year old Ric Flair are done.. you dont have it any more. And stop putting fucking Brook on TV.

You've ruined the pushes of Matt Morgan and Hernandez, who are becoming more and more like Samoa Joe every day. Guys who should be headlining the company, but are regulated to nothing but midcard jobbers.

For every step forward TNA makes, they take two steps to the side and one step back.

The Monday night wars 2.0 will not be a long war. It started with a fart, and will end in a whimper.
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am

I watched most of Raw and flipped over to TNA at commercials. The longest I watched was RVD's apperarence, which got ruined by turning it into the Sting & Hogan show
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:50 am

bastard_robo wrote:Well, the first MONDAY NIGHT WARS in 9 years is over..

WWE pulled like a 5 in ratings

TNA, barley a 1

WWE's build to Wrestlemaina has been ok thus far. I haven't been watching Smackdown, as the only match, and what will probably be the main event of WM, Jericho vs Edge is about the only thing I need to know from there. Shaw vs Taker will be good, and the build is ok, but not like last year. Batista and Cena oddly has been the best story build so far.. match will be lackluster at best. and I have no fucking clue as how Vince v Bret is going down. The man is basically a fragile shell now.. One punch and down goes vince? Money in the bank will be interesting.. My bet would be Christian gets the case. (though I would prefer Matt to win..but that's wishful thinking)

I barely pay any attention to RAW, but I really dig SMACKDOWN! because they have the better talent. CM Punk vs. Rey is not an ideal match, but I will watch it because of Punk. Why they are wasting such an awesome talent with a lame ass story for Wrestlemania is beyond me.

And, when you say "Matt" are you referring to Matt Hardy? Because that would be crazy. Matt Hardy needs to get his studly ass out of wrestling. I hate that he is involved in NXT. That show has been bad ass thus far, with the one exception being that I have to deal with Matt Hardy.

But I do agree, that Christian has to be the one they are building up to win. Although, they just let in a 9th competitor. I don't know if they will hope to even it out and add a 10th, but if it is Kofi Kingston maybe he gets the push?
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:05 am

at least CM Punk isn't in the MitB match again this year. He always does a good job, but he's won it twice now.

I wouldn't mind seeing it come down to Kofi and Christian, I but those two could tear it up for months and it wouldn't get tiresome. But I don't see them battling over the world title as much as I'd love to see it. But I bet they could have some Benoit/Jericho/Angle style IC battles
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:07 am

Bloo wrote:at least CM Punk isn't in the MitB match again this year. He always does a good job, but he's won it twice now.

I wouldn't mind seeing it come down to Kofi and Christian, I but those two could tear it up for months and it wouldn't get tiresome. But I don't see them battling over the world title as much as I'd love to see it. But I bet they could have some Benoit/Jericho/Angle style IC battles

I was reading that a few of the house shows AFTER Wrestlemania have Christian fighting Randy Orton. If that is a new feud, I think I can get behind it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:22 am

I could easily get behind the feud as well
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby travis-dane on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 am

It's Matt Morgan Bloo.
Raw did a 3.4 and TNA did a 1.0.
I dont think that a wrestling show will do a 5 ever again. Until the Rock returns for a feud that is.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:39 am

travis-dane wrote:It's Matt Morgan Bloo.
I dont think that a wrestling show will do a 5 ever again. Until the Rock returns for a feud that is.

Vince would have to sacrifice a whole city to Satan to get a 5 again..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Bloo on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:32 am

bastard_robo wrote:

I haven't looked to see how did Austin's return for the night did it help?

I'd love to see a Sly/Austin/Dolph guest hug gig come Expendables time and then kill the guest hosts
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:01 am

Bloo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

I'd love to see a Sly/Austin/Dolph guest hug gig come Expendables time and then kill the guest hosts

The Stone Cold Raw did a 3.71.

EDIT: TNA did a .84
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:14 am

Leckomaniac wrote:
Bloo wrote:
bastard_robo wrote:

The Stone Cold Raw did a 3.71.

EDIT: TNA did a .84

Raw even did a 4 with the Austin/Hart/McMahon segment.
Impact peaked at 1 with the Hogan/Sting segment.

But I still think that Impact can get better numbers if they start advertising things such as Jeff Hardy vs A.J. Styles or the return of RVD.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:54 am

Wrestlemaina predictions:

Edge v Jericho World title: Since this will probably not be the main event, theres an outside chance Edge might not win. But I'm saying he'll go over and take the belt

Shawn v Undertaker: Taker keeps the streak going, Shaw gets a good amount of time off of R&R, comes back after Summerslam

Batista v Cena WWE Title: Best built match next to Taker/Shawn. Cena beats Batista making them 1-1

Morrison/Truth vs MizShow for Unified Tag Titles: MizShow retains

Bret v Vince: Bret wins in what will be a sloppy brawl as HE CANT FUCKING WRESTLE ANYMORE.. Vince will get humiliated.. end program.

Orton v Rodes v DiBiase: Dibiase, stands the best to come out of this horrible booking of an angle

Punk v Mysterio: Punk wins, forcing Mysterio to join straight edge group

HHH v Shamus: HHH over, forcing Shamus into the suffering mediocrity of midcardom.. Say hi to the US title Shamus.

8 Woman Tag Match: Pee break, get some snacks, settle back in for the rest of the show.

Money in the Bank: I want to say Christian, but i have this HORRIBLE feeling that they're going to give it to McIntyre..
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby buster00 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:01 pm

I can agree with those except:

Edge vs Jericho: I think it plays well for Edge's comeback to win the title, maybe have an ongoing feud for a few weeks.

Orton vs Rhodes vs DiBiase: Orton wins, solidifying his face turn.

HHH vs Seamus: Seamus cheats to win, extending the feud for a few weeks...THEN Seamus gets bumped to midcard.

Women's Tag Match: Beat off break, grab some snacks, get back to the show.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:07 pm

I agree except for:

The Undertaker will defeat Jimmy Snuka
Irwin R. Schyster will beat Greg Valentine
and
Virgil will finally beat DiBiase
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bloo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:00 am

Undertaker over Shawn

Kofi, Christian, or McIntyre in MiB match with whoever wins cashing in that night to beat...

Jericho who beats Edge OR in the case of Christian winning MiB...three way dance and jericho still wins. I have a feeling they're going to play out the Jericho Edge feud with Edge coming close but not winning until around Summerslam.

Ortan over Rhodes and DiBiase UNLESS Million Dollar Man interfers on his son's behalf costing Ortan and setting up a summer long feud between those two.

SuperCena over Batista

HHH goes over Shamus only because HHH hasn't won at WM in a while but Shamus will look good and good a decent push out of this (plus being HHH's workout buddy and Irish doppelganger)

Woman's who the fuck cares, is Vince going to sign Awesome Kong now that she's done with TNA, and we can get a Kong/Phoenix feud while Mickie "You're so fine you blow my mind hey Mickie" James recoups.

MizShow wins OR a possible double turn with Miz and Morrison reforming. God WWE bring back real tag teams
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 am

Seamus will win, even HHH knows that it does not matter if he wins a Midcard match at WrestleMania. He's over enough. Seamus will stay on top for quite a while.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 am

When you skim read the setlist it doesn't look like it'll be all that bad a show.

Then when you think about it in more detail:

Chris Jericho vs. Edge - Edge still shouldn't be a main eventer. Chris Jericho is still wasted.
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels - It's been done too many times before.
Batista vs. John Cena - I don't really care
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk - I don't really care
Christian vs. everyone else they've got nothing better to do with
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon - this is a 64 year old vs someone who had a stroke a few years ago. It's not something I want to see happen.
The Big Show and The Miz vs. John Morrison and R-Truth - filler
Triple H vs. Sheamus - it's quite amazing how far Sheamus has come considering he was doing the lacklustre UK circuit only a few years ago.
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase - technically this is worthy of a Wrestlemania spot, as it's had almost a year's build up. But yet I don't care. Randy Orton shouln't be employed.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:36 pm

Fried Gold wrote:When you skim read the setlist it doesn't look like it'll be all that bad a show.

Chris Jericho vs. Edge - Edge still shouldn't be a main eventer. Chris Jericho is still wasted.
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon - this is a 64 year old vs someone who had a stroke a few years ago. It's not something I want to see happen.
Triple H vs. Sheamus - it's quite amazing how far Sheamus has come considering he was doing the lacklustre UK circuit only a few years ago.
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Ted DiBiase - technically this is worthy of a Wrestlemania spot, as it's had almost a year's build up. But yet I don't care. Randy Orton shouln't be employed.

You are wrong on almost every point.

Edge is one of the best workers in the business, he deserves his spot, he worked long and hard for it.
Undertaker/Michaels is the best build feud in years. Last years match is a classic and both man have enough experience and talent to deliver a 5 star match. and they will.
Batista is the best heel in the WWE right now, his promos are pure money and Cena is the perfect victim for him.
Mysterio/Punk will be the stepping stone for a great storyline, after Mysterio loses to Punk and has to join the Society.
Money in the Bank will be good as allways.
Hart/McMahon is something most fans want to see. And there is no one who does a better job in putting himself down for another worker then Vince.
HHH/Seamus, there is no better way to push Seamus then by letting him beat HHH at Mania.
The three way is worthless.

Fact of the matter is, this the best build up to a Mania show since Mania 20. No big and overpaid celebs, good workers everywhere and great storylines.
Cant wait for tomorrow night.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 pm

travis-dane wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:When you skim read the setlist it doesn't look like it'll be all that bad a show.

Edge is one of the best workers in the business, he deserves his spot, he worked long and hard for it.
Undertaker/Michaels is the best build feud in years. Last years match is a classic and both man have enough experience and talent to deliver a 5 star match. and they will.
Batista is the best heel in the WWE right now, his promos are pure money and Cena is the perfect victim for him.
Mysterio/Punk will be the stepping stone for a great storyline, after Mysterio loses to Punk and has to join the Society.
Hart/McMahon is something most fans want to see. And there is no one who does a better job in putting himself down for another worker then Vince.
HHH/Seamus, there is no better way to push Seamus then by letting him beat HHH at Mania.

Fact of the matter is, this the best build up to a Mania show since Mania 20. No big and overpaid celebs, good workers everywhere and great storylines.

I'm not wrong, you just disagree. Edge is pretty awful. Not matter how much they've pushed him, he's never going to be over. If you want to talk about the best workers in the business, who have worked long and hard - Jericho is who you should be referring to.
Undertaker/Michaels will pale in comparison to older matches between the two. Fine, it might be good but we've seen it all before.
Bret Hart was the best. While I'm sure he's going to be giving it his most, I have no desire to see him try to perform again now. Especially against Vince McMahon.

Batista/Cena won't neccesarily be bad, just that I don't really care about it. Same with the Mysterio and HHH things.

So again...for an event which should be the showcase for the genre, it's going to be another average show.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby travis-dane on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Fried Gold wrote:
travis-dane wrote:

I'm not wrong, you just disagree. Edge is pretty awful. Not matter how much they've pushed him, he's never going to be over. If you want to talk about the best workers in the business, who have worked long and hard - Jericho is who you should be referring to.
Undertaker/Michaels will pale in comparison to older matches between the two. Fine, it might be good but we've seen it all before.
Bret Hart was the best. While I'm sure he's going to be giving it his most, I have no desire to see him try to perform again now. Especially against Vince McMahon.

Batista/Cena won't neccesarily be bad, just that I don't really care about it. Same with the Mysterio and HHH things.

So again...for an event which should be the showcase for the genre, it's going to be another average show.

It will be a showcase and not average, seeing what kind of BS WWE has come up with in the last two years, this time they did almost everything right.
If you think that Edge is not over, you simply have no clue what you are talking about(you seem to be out of the loop for quite a while regarding wrestling), he may not be as over as a face, but he carried the company as a heel for years. But the same can be said about Jericho, he was never as over as a face as he is as a heel. Jericho and Edge both deserve where they are. and Jericho is Champion. You should not belittle Edge's work because you dont like him.
The people know that Bret cant wrestle a match no more, they just want to see him kick Vince's ass. Bret takes pride in his work, and he would not do it if he could not do it right.
Have you even watched last years Undertaker/Michaels match? It will be hard to top(it was their best match, even better then Hell in a Cell), but to say that this years match will pale in comparison to older matches is nonsense, because you have not seen it yet.
You are right, I disagree with you and you are still wrong on almost everything you said above.
Maybe we should continue this after Mania?
I'll be the first to say it sucked, IF it sucked.
-
travis-dane
100% OLEG!

Postby bastard_robo on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 pm

I kinda agree with FG.. Never though of Edge as a maineventer.. His mic skills always got him over, but he's a lackluster performer. I always thought Christian was the better Mic worker of the two, and since splitting up, Christan has really shown above and beyond how much better he is than Edge.. He worked Damn well in TNA, but backstage politics and the chance at more money led him back to the E..

The Cena Batista Fued is the one suprise angle that's won me over. Clearly the ROCK and AUSTIN of their generation, or Shawn/Bret or Hogan/ Piper which ever you want.. But this match has been built FANTASTICALLY. Sure, its not going to be a 5 star match, but the build with a decent pay off will make it memorable and a WM worthy match. They've only fought once before, and this time going in has been far far better than the last time
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm

I agree with you about Christian. His stint in TNA clearly showed he could lead a promotion - in EWRevenge terms, Christian has full stats. Yet since returning to WWE, he's been essentially been stuck in the midcard again. And now they're putting him on that new NXT show...

Not sure about Batista and Cena. I think that's what's been missing from the past few years - there hasn't been a concrete main eventer that you can always count on. HHH never quite filled the hole that Austin & Rock left. Randy Orton, the guy they kinda pegged on being the next big thing for a while, ....didn't. Cena's sold the merchandise though I guess. Batista has improved...a lot...especially when you think of how bad he was first of all. He was an orange hoss.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial