Official Wrestling Thread (With 100% More Dickbuttery!)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:12 pm

Brocktune wrote:
i thought i had successfully purged all memories of sean "x-punk" waltman from my mind long ago. then came havoc.
thanks fucker.
IF you know what i mean :wink: :wink: :wink:

if you know what I mean muthafucka... :wink:
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby SilentBobX on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Best match I've ever seen is the Wrestlemania 2 match with the Dream Team(Greg The Hammer Valentine and Brutus Beefcake) vs. The British Bulldogs. Kickass match, and Valentine is one the meanest bruisers ever to play the game. My personal favorite.
SilentBobX
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:04 pm

speaking of the british bulldogs, did you ever see that dog poop match that had the one surviving (at the time) british bulldog vs. the rock & sock connection. and ended with the BB getting rock bottomed on a giant pile of dog shit? man that was comedy.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Terminator on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:46 pm

Brocktune wrote:smackdown sucks

Then RAW must be completely horrible. It'll take them a long time to have as good a match as Benoit vs Finlay or JBL vs Mysterio.

One surviving bulldog? Dynamite Kid is still alive.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:16 pm

Terminator wrote:

Then RAW must be completely horrible. It'll take them a long time to have as good a match as Benoit vs Finlay or JBL vs Mysterio.

i hate chris benoit. best technical wrestler. who fuckin cares. best technical, least entertaining. have you ever taken a good look at him? i swear he totally has midget arms. his arms are way too short for his torso, and it makes him look like a taller midget.

come to think of it, i think i hate everyone on smackdown, except for kurt angle and booker t. but im not sure of the complete roster, as i never watch it, on account of my hatred for their wrestlers.

y'know i could have sworn that both british bulldogs were dead. but after doing some research, it seems i was wrong, and one is still alive. the dynamite kid still lives. but it was davey boy smith that got rock bottomed into the dog shit. man that was funny. but you were right, dude.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:32 pm

Terminator wrote:

Then RAW must be completely horrible.

Both are complete bilge. And have been for about two or three years.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:39 pm

i think raw is getting a little better right now.

i too felt the same way as you, but i think it has become a little more tolerable recently.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:42 pm

See...you can learn at the Zone...I thought Dynamite Kid was dead too...

FYI: Davey Boy's kid, H-arry Smith, starts in the WWE this month.

How come nobody mentions TNA here...positive or negative? Me, I like having an alternative, though it would be nice if they had a bigger budget, and didn't have the fence five feet away from the ring...but they've got great cruisers. And I like Sting and the Dudleys. Not a lot of use for most of the other retreads (Kevin Nash, Steiner) but you get that anywhere - see 'Tatanka'.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:54 pm

ive been trying to get into tna myself, although to no avail yet. when i watch, it smacks too much of the old wcw. but you are totally right, it is nice to have an alternative. i used to watch ecw on tnn, but i think i was the only one, as they cancelled it pretty quick. im looking forward to the new ecw show, but fear that vinnie mac wont be able to leave well enough alone, and he will pull an "xfl" on the new ecw.

jeff jarret dis used to crack me up, though.
dont piss me off.
hahaha
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Terminator on Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Brocktune wrote:
Terminator wrote:

i hate chris benoit. best technical wrestler. who fuckin cares. best technical, least entertaining. have you ever taken a good look at him? i swear he totally has midget arms. his arms are way too short for his torso, and it makes him look like a taller midget.

What does what he looks like have a thing to do with his wrestling ability?

Smackdown was tremendous last night. King's Court faction is fantastic.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby MasterWhedon on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:10 pm

Hey, I left wrestling for a while and now only occasionally check back in. JBL is Bradshaw, no? It took me a while to get why everyone was down with this doughy, hick Texan, then I realized he used to be Bradshaw, part of one of the awesomest tag teams of all time: The Acolytes.

When did that change happen?
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:15 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Hey, I left wrestling for a while and now only occasionally check back in. JBL is Bradshaw, no? It took me a while to get why everyone was down with this doughy, hick Texan, then I realized he used to be Bradshaw, part of one of the awesomest tag teams of all time: The Acolytes.

A while ago to play the WASP Texan badguy...

I think TNA always looks awkward because of that damn 6 sided ring. The wrestlers never seem sure where they are going at any given time.

The weirdest thing for me Brocktune is that ECW's new show is going to be on the Sci-Fi channel...wtf?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:18 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Hey, I left wrestling for a while and now only occasionally check back in. JBL is Bradshaw, no? It took me a while to get why everyone was down with this doughy, hick Texan, then I realized he used to be Bradshaw, part of one of the awesomest tag teams of all time: The Acolytes.

I imagine Farouqe retired or something. Whether JBL is a "doughy, hick, texan" matters little. The mofo is rich as hell... no joke. He used to appear on investment shows on Fox News and the like. He has made a fortune in real life on the stock market.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:25 pm

Terminator wrote:
Brocktune wrote:
Terminator wrote:

What does what he looks like have a thing to do with his wrestling ability?

Smackdown was tremendous last night. King's Court faction is fantastic.

his midget arms have absolutley nothing to do with his percieved ability, as far as i know. but its nice to have a reason to laugh at him, instead of simply loathing him like i normally do. now, i laugh and i loathe!

Chairman Kaga wrote:The weirdest thing for me Brocktune is that ECW's new show is going to be on the Sci-Fi channel...wtf?

yeah, that was a total wtf moment. as much as i hate to say it, i think the chips are already stacked against the new ECW. bummer. i used to looooove me some ECW!
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:28 pm

Vegeta wrote:

I imagine Farouqe retired or something. Whether JBL is a "doughy, hick, texan" matters little. The mofo is rich as hell... no joke. He used to appear on investment shows on Fox News and the like. He has made a fortune in real life on the stock market.

Indeed you are right Vegeta. Farooq (real name Ron Simmons) retired in 2004. The storyline on WWE though was that the APA lost a "you're fired" tag match and Farooq was fired, but they decided to keep Bradshaw because they needed his "business sense". So pretty much over night Bradshaw went from being part of the APA to embracing his off screen success and creating the character of JBL. At this time all of SMACKDOWN'S! top heels were injured so they propelled JBL forward and he evantually won the title.

In reality John Layfield (the Bradshaw part of his name is fake) is a conservative investor. He made a lot of money on Wall Street and published a book entitled "Make More Money Now". He is a regular on Fox News as well as CNBC.

He is also, as you stated, rather doughy.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:33 pm

say what you will bout JBL's d00chness and/or what-nots - but he has been involved in some of Smackdowns better matches since "he's" been around...

he gets carried everytime - but he gets carried well - so it works sometimes...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Brocktune on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:37 pm

yeah, but the acolytes were way better.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:44 pm

Vegeta wrote:

Farooq, or Ron Simmons, as he existed in Doom with Butch Reed, got canned due to 'personal issues'. And also because he was about sixty-seven. Bradshaw is one of Vince's beloved, so he got repackaged as a combo of his real-life persona and Ted DiBiase.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Kilgore on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:46 pm

Addendum: Simmons now is back with WWE in some road agent or PR position. So are Ricky Steamboat, Dean Freaking Malenko, Dusty Rhodes, and 'Skinner' (yeah, I didn't remember him either).
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Vegeta on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:50 pm

Kilgore wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Mast erWhedon wrote:Hey, I left wrestling for a while and now only occasionally check back in. JBL is Bradshaw, no? It took me a while to get why everyone was down with this doughy, hick Texan, then I realized he used to be Bradshaw, part of one of the awesomest tag teams of all time: The Acolytes.

Farooq, or Ron Simmons, as he existed in Doom with Butch Reed, got canned due to 'personal issues'. And also because he was about sixty-seven. Bradshaw is one of Vince's beloved, so he got repackaged as a combo of his real-life persona and Ted DiBiase.

Ted DiBiase :lol: That is too true and too funny! Well done Kilgore!
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:51 pm

Kilgore wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Mast erWhedon wrote:Hey, I left wrestling for a while and now only occasionally check back in. JBL is Bradshaw, no? It took me a while to get why everyone was down with this doughy, hick Texan, then I realized he used to be Bradshaw, part of one of the awesomest tag teams of all time: The Acolytes.

Actually Ron Simmons did not get canned he retired due to 'personal issues' the "firing" was merely a storyline on the show.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Kilgore wrote:[quote= "Vegeta"]

Actually Ron Simmons did not get canned he retired due to 'personal issues' the "firing" was merely a storyline on the show.[/quote]

I know Ron Simmons was a football player back in the day. Probably he said "I am getting to old for this shit".

edit: quotes getting goffy again :roll:
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby havocSchultz on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:55 pm

Kilgore wrote: Ricky Steamboat,

yay!! Steamboat... Ricky was the man back in the day... his match with OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHH!! Snap into a SlimJim Savage at wrestlemania 3 (was it 3?) was damn brilliant...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:56 pm

Another interesting side note...

Ron Simmons was the best man at John Layfield's wedding. Before it was revealed that Ron Simmons had actually retired, people speculated that perhaps JBL had screwed over Ron Simmons and got him fired. The simple fact is that is untrue and the two remain close.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Vegeta on Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:Another interesting side note...

Ron Simmons was the best man at John Layfield's wedding. Before it was revealed that Ron Simmons had actually retired, people speculated that perhaps JBL had screwed over Ron Simmons and got him fired. The simple fact is that is untrue and the two remain close.

That sounds like typical "wrestling story lines" imatating life. Although HHH is married to Vince's daughter.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Vegeta wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:Another interesting side note...

That sounds like typical "wrestling story lines" imatating life. Although HHH is married to Vince's daughter.

Yeah, that caused a lot of problems backstage. HHH marrying Stephanie in real life kind of gave him a big head. He was able to help write some of the storylines for the company and a lot of people felt he would write himself into the main events and not give some of the talent a chance to build momentum.

It is really interesting to read some of the wrestling gossip sites and see what really happens backstage.

I was invited backstage at a WCW event because one of my dad's clients was the agent for most of the wrestlers. It really is quite a scene back there.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Kilgore wrote:[quote= "Vegeta"]

Actually Ron Simmons did not get canned he retired due to 'personal issues' the "firing" was merely a storyline on the show.[/quote]

We're going to have to agree to disagree here Lecko...I distinctly recall reading some backstage news that indicated that he was not anticipating getting let go, but agreed to play it out on screen once he was told because he wanted to leave a positive note. Once the personal stuff got sorted out, he got a job offer, but that was a couple years down the road. But then again, why do either you or I truly care about this issue anyway?

It's not like we're talking about Buff Bagwell, Kwee-Wi, Giant Gonzalez or somebody else important and influential.

Like the Gobbledygooker.

Or The Goon.

Or T.L. Hopper.

I could go all night...but you guys should check out Wrestlecrap.com, the archive section (or Hall of Fame, or whatever they call it) is awesome.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:05 pm

HA! Buff Bagwell. I remember I was flipping through the channels one night and saw Buff Bagwell. I went to check it out and it was one of those softcore porn movies they air late on Cinemax. I was cracking up.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:HA! Buff Bagwell. I remember I was flipping through the channels one night and saw Buff Bagwell. I went to check it out and it was one of those softcore porn movies they air late on Cinemax. I was cracking up.

My favorite addendum to this is a guy they've got now, Rob Conway, who was part of La Resistance, had to getg re-packaged when the tag team got split up...so he came up with his own thing, and he was freaking IDENTICAL to Buff Bagwell...same stache and everything. Oh, except his wrestling trucks were mostly see-through, like fishnet. So he out-Bagwelled Bagwell.

What kind of guy, given a choice to rip off ANYBODY he wants, picks BUFF BAGWELL?

Needless to say, he isn't on much anymore.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby Leckomaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:28 pm

Kilgore wrote:
Leckomaniac wrote:HA! Buff Bagwell. I remember I was flipping through the channels one night and saw Buff Bagwell. I went to check it out and it was one of those softcore porn movies they air late on Cinemax. I was cracking up.

My favorite addendum to this is a guy they've got now, Rob Conway, who was part of La Resistance, had to getg re-packaged when the tag team got split up...so he came up with his own thing, and he was freaking IDENTICAL to Buff Bagwell...same stache and everything. Oh, except his wrestling trucks were mostly see-through, like fishnet. So he out-Bagwelled Bagwell.

What kind of guy, given a choice to rip off ANYBODY he wants, picks BUFF BAGWELL?

Needless to say, he isn't on much anymore.

That is so true. Everytime I saw Rob conway I was expecting him to hit the top rope and do the BLOCKBUSTER.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MasterWhedon on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Wow, many reactions. Thanks, all, for filling me in.

I have fond memories of the Acolytes/New Age Outlaws feud that went on for a bit, particularly the way Billy Gunn took the Clothesline from Hell from Bradshaw. He'd flip end over end, make it look like that shit HURT.

EDIT: BTW, you have to insert spaces between quoters at the head when you're doing multiple quotes. Otherwise, they're automatically inserted at a given point. When they're in the middle of a name, it throws all the quotes off.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Fried Gold on Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:14 pm

Kilgore wrote:What kind of guy, given a choice to rip off ANYBODY he wants, picks BUFF BAGWELL?

It's called "The creative team have no ideas and so think it'd be a good idea to revisit past failures".

They've even went back to Lex Luger's old gimmick a couple of times and even a Papa Shango re-run. Yes. Things have got that bad.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Terminator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:14 am

Chris Masters is basically Luger's Narrcissist (sp?).

Conway was on RAW a few weeks ago. Still has the same music, but he looks more like what he used to look like then Buff Bagwell.

Simmons does indeed work backstage in WWE. I think it was rumored that he was let go at the time, but then was offered a backstage job. JBL could be retiring due to back problems and if he does, he'll probably be offered a job as well. Although, I wouldn't say JBL is the best person to offer advice to the younger guys. What with soaping rookie's asses.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Kilgore on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:30 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Kilgore wrote:What kind of guy, given a choice to rip off ANYBODY he wants, picks BUFF BAGWELL?

It's called "The creative team have no ideas and so think it'd be a good idea to revisit past failures".

They've even went back to Lex Luger's old gimmick a couple of times and even a Papa Shango re-run. Yes. Things have got that bad.

Letts not forget, Mama Benjamin is a direct descendent of the 'Buff Bagwell's Mom is a Tag Team Champ' WCW storyline. At the end, WCW had monkeys writing for them...and now WWE steals soup from their bitter piss-pot.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby cap on Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:58 am

I have noticed the same thing. A lot of the same storyline being drug back up. Now you have Kane vs Kane (ie Undertaker v Undertaker).

It is pretty pathetic where Vince has gone with some of this stuff.

I really wonder how long it is before Trips goes heel again. Probably about 5 minutes.

Here's to hopin TNA gets more successful. The last time Vince did anything of value was when he was challenged.

Ambition - The journey of a thousand miles sometimes ends very, very badly
cap
AIRWOLF

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:13 am

cap wrote:I have noticed the same thing. A lot of the same storyline being drug back up. Now you have Kane vs Kane (ie Undertaker v Undertaker).

It is pretty pathetic where Vince has gone with some of this stuff.

I really wonder how long it is before Trips goes heel again. Probably about 5 minutes.

Here's to hopin TNA gets more successful. The last time Vince did anything of value was when he was challenged.

ya - i hear ya - during the Monday Night Wars, that was some of the best wrasslin around for awhile...

TNA has some talent - and - like somebody above mentioned - it would be nice to see them have a bit more of a budget - they gots some stars - from what i've seen of it when i get a chance to see iMPACT! - Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Sting, Ron "The Truth" Killins and of course Christian - who's the champ there now...

and RAW has been in a bit of funk lately - it's had it's moments - everybody knew there was gonna be a big show/kane rivalry - it's why they were a successful tag team, because people wanted to see these 2 bohemoths battle it out - then it was a couple of "meh" matches and that was it...?!??!

the whole HBK/McMahon thing has been dragged out too far - i like it that they've shown signs of DX coming back - but it's just gets boring and annoying after awhile...

and fucking Coachman as Executive Assistant to McMahon - instead of hiring a GM...WTF...? McMahon is a character - and he's fun to see on the shows - but in small doses - like when he surprises a couple of superstars and comes out and reveals a big surprise or a big match - or gets involved a bit - gets his ass kicked - and that's it. But he just seems to be overstaying his welcome...

smackdown has had better matches lately - Angle has been cranking it up there since he got back...

and i can't believe so much hate for Orton, ya - he seems like he's probably a d00ch, from what i've heard - but i think he delivers pretty well in the big matches - his rivalry with Taker was pretty cool and i thought they had some good matches - and I finally want him and Batista to finish it up - Batista's back in a month - and orton and him have never really gone at it - even though Orton "vowed revenge" when Batista injured orton when they were back on RAW...

either way - i haven't heard much about the ECW show yet - anybody know if any stations up in Canada here have picked it up - would be great to be able to check it out as well...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Terminator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:31 am

No Canadian channels have picked up ECW yet, but TSN is showing "WWE Vs. ECW: Head to Head" next week.

As far as Orton goes...there's a reason he's not on Tv. He was suspended, but no one has really said why. It apparently happened on WrestleMania weekend, though.

He'll be back soon, though.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby havocSchultz on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:36 am

Terminator wrote:No Canadian channels have picked up ECW yet, but TSN is showing "WWE Vs. ECW: Head to Head" next week.

As far as Orton goes...there's a reason he's not on Tv. He was suspended, but no one has really said why. It apparently happened on WrestleMania weekend, though.

He'll be back soon, though.

cool... thnx...

keep us posted if you hear anything bout ECW up here in the North...

:D
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Terminator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:43 am

Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but I was reading page one..

LOL, there has been only one Undertaker just like there's only been one Ultimate Warrior. Neither has died or been injured and replaced or some shit.

Brock Lesnar is currently the IWGP (International Wrestling Grand Prix) Heavyweight Champion in New Japan Pro-Wrestling. His last match was against Giant Bernard (Albert/A-Train).

If anyone has any questions, please ask. I've been a wrestling geek for 19 or so years now. Obviously, I don't know everything, but I can help clear up some of the rumours.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Chairman Kaga on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:26 pm

Terminator wrote:Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but I was reading page one..

LOL, there has been only one Undertaker just like there's only been one Ultimate Warrior.

Except for that time there was two. :P Have you forgotten the terrible Undertaker vs Undertaker match?
Chairman Kaga
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:41 pm

And there have been at least three Ultimate Warriors.

Pre-insanity Warrior
Black stuff on his face Warrior
Angry Super Conservative Warrior
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Kilgore on Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Fried Gold wrote:And there have been at least three Ultimate Warriors.

Pre-insanity Warrior

When was there a 'Pre-Insanity Warrior' as you claim? Dude's always been bat-shit nuts as far back as I remember. Even footage from when he was 'Dingo Warrior' shows the crazy.

And if you want some good conspiracy reading, track down his official website. It's outstanding.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby cap on Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:15 pm

Kilgore wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:And there have been at least three Ultimate Warriors.

Pre-insanity Warrior

When was there a 'Pre-Insanity Warrior' as you claim? Dude's always been bat-shit nuts as far back as I remember. Even footage from when he was 'Dingo Warrior' shows the crazy.

And if you want some good conspiracy reading, track down his official website. It's outstanding.

Yeah, but do you remember the pre Dingo Warrior, Slash, who tagged with Sting in a team called the Blade Runners.

They were in the old UWF. They were the first in many carbon copies of the Road Warriors.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Kilgore on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:08 pm

Oh...you mean THESE Blade Runners?

That's old school...
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

Postby cap on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:24 pm

Kilgore wrote:Oh...you mean THESE Blade Runners?

That's old school...

Love the flat tops.....

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Terminator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:27 pm

Chairman Kaga wrote:
Terminator wrote:Sorry if this has already been cleared up, but I was reading page one..

LOL, there has been only one Undertaker just like there's only been one Ultimate Warrior.

Except for that time there was two. :P Have you forgotten the terrible Undertaker vs Undertaker match?

Well..besides Brian Lee as Faker Taker..
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby cap on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:30 pm

For a minute I thought Brian Lee was the fake Kane as well. I heard it is some Deep South kid.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Terminator on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah, Freakin' Deacon.

Lee looked quite slim in TNA a few years ago.
Terminator
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby cap on Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm

I still remember "Primetime" Brian Lee against Tommy Dreamer scaffold and table match in ECW. It was out of hand.

Im surprised someone in the audience didn't really get hurt.

cap
AIRWOLF

Postby Kilgore on Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Since the NWO's Scott Norton came to mind in the Quotes thread, and In honor of 'Too Sweet!' and 'I got a survey for ya...' Scott Hall's best post-Razor work, here's a breakdown of the entire NWO roster, including when they tried to relaunch it a couple years after it was done:

Hollywood Hogan
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Ted Dibiase
The Giant (Big Show)
Eric Bischoff
Macho Man Randy Savage
Scott Steiner
Curt Hennig
Miss Elizabeth

Now, after this point, the selections start to get a little sketchy...

Syxx
Konnan
NWO Sting (who was not the actual Sting...until the Wolfpac)
Michael Wallstreet
Scott Norton
Big Bubba Rogers (Big Boss Man)
Brian 'Kronic' Adams
The Disciple - aka, Brutus Beefcake/The Zodiac/Whatever Ass-Gimmick of the Week They Had Him In
Dusty Rhodes (I don't remember him doing much, but, whatever)
BUFF BAGWELL (a good sign you're club has too loose a membership policy)
Referee Nick Patrick
Lex Luger (Wolfpac)
Sting (Wolfpac)
Horace Hogan
Stevie Ray
Vincent/Virgil
Disco Fucking Inferno (from the 'Reunion' run)
Bret Hart (year 2000 version)
Jeff Jarrett (2000 version)
The Harris Twins (2000 version - and I thought they were slumming with Norton and Bagwell the first time around)
Booker T (the ass WWE version which lasted about three weeks)
Shawn Michaels (see above)
AAAANNNDDD - Vince K. McMahon (it ain't an idea in the WWE if he aint in it)

So in summary, when it started, it was a beautiful thing...then it all went to hell. R.I.P. NWO.
Kilgore
AIRWOLF

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial