THE OFFICE

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Fievel on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:44 am

I agree with everything said about Michael lately... even the muting (I just fast forward the DVR). It's just too over the top. Last week's college lecture was bad like that too. If they'd just have him say once "Wow, that was really bad... I can't believe I said/did that" it would help. Dwight is over the top, but it's mostly believable - and when it's unbelievable it's usually hilarious.
The rest of the office staff IS more interesting to me. I think Creed is my favorite character (part-time character anyways). He has like 2 lines every other episode and they all just KILL every time.

Roy freaking out was definitely un-funny. His brother joining in was hilarious. So will Roy end up going to jail for assault on Jim or will they talk it out?

And okay... so we've had Whedon and Abrams take a stab at episodes. I want to see John Woo do an episode with some amazing stapler fight sequences!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Evil Hobbit on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:58 am

The uk series is still by far the superior one. I just love the realism of the uk show. Like, all the characters there feel like they actualy exist, they are layered and performed natural, it's like a real office. The us one is just a bit more sitcom, with a typecast and over the top story developments. That's ok ofc, I even like the fact that the us series tries to be different, with there own take on the show. But then I just hate the terrible Jim character. He is such a copy of Tim but without that natural flair and comic timing that Martin Freeman brought in his performance.

Roy's brother was indeed extremely hilarious :D
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:46 pm

i want toby and pam to get together
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:23 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i want toby and pam to get together

When Pam looked at the stuffed animal and said "don't you have kids?" I just felt bad for Toby. His character is another reason I usuaully love the supporting cast more than the main cast - he just seems real.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:45 pm

god i missed this show

i loved the way angela kept making people retell the story of dwight being a hero

toby is still one of my favourite characters. he's like the office version of Job, forced to endure every torture, every punishment, every indignity they can heap upon him. and on top of that, he's a dead ringer for Droopy Dog

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 am

Im torn between whether to feel bad for Roy or not like him at all. I mean he threw that fit in the bar and since then I havnt liked him for two months. Now last night, he comes in trying to start a fight and I just say to myself, here we go again. But, he comes back and apologizes. And he feels bad. And I'm sure a few of us would have been unhappy finding out a coworker was trying to get with your fiance. He doesn't treat Pam right, but he at least tries to make things work. He's just so tempermental. I dunno!

I wish they would run this show for 1 full hour. These longer episodes are fun. The Darryl bits were so funny. Michael wearing the women's suit and all. The secondary characters could benefit from more time on screen anyway.

Good stuff with Ryan and Kelly being behind Toby. I happen to know what that is like....torture! He doesn't let it get to him too badly though.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:01 am

godzillasushi wrote:Good stuff with Ryan and Kelly being behind Toby. I happen to know what that is like....torture! He doesn't let it get to him too badly though.

thats because he's Job! cursed to suffer endless afflictions and torments without complaint.

actually, i vote for Toby for most likely to go postal one day and walk in with an AK47 and a vest full of grenades, killing everyone in sight... maybe that will be the series finale.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:06 pm

I think Toby goes home and kills kittens. Seriously, the man had a rough life.

The woman's suit was HILARIOUS! Wow, that was funny.

As far as Roy, fuck him. Jim totally called it out, too when he said that they'd find a way back together. Sure, they're not necessarily together, but he can read Pam like the simple book she really is.

Angela getting hot and bothered by the people's stories was some nasty, wicked fun.

But that last scene with Ed Helms' character coming back and getting maced - PRICELESS!!!!
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:17 pm

fucking DVR didn't record it!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Did Jim and Pam get married?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:29 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Did Jim and Pam get married?

Yes. And then--SPOILER!!--Dwight turned into the smoke monster from Lost. No idea what it means yet...

Really great episode last night. Any time Michael is told he needs Toby for something--comedy gold. And all the touches with Angela re: Dwight were freakin' awesome. The giddy look on her face when Karen described the story (her second time hearing it) were priceless.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Bob Samonkey on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:31 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:fucking DVR didn't record it!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Did Jim and Pam get married?

[SPOILERS] YES!! OMG <INSERT *BOM HEADSHOT* HERE> [/SPOILERS]
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:32 pm

YOU GUYS!!!!! April fools day was a week ago for chrissakes.

They didn't really, did they??!?!?! :shock: :wink:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:48 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:

Yes. And then--SPOILER!!--Dwight turned into the smoke monster from Lost. No idea what it means yet...

bah, that was totally predictable. i was much more shocked when we found at that Creed is a cylon.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby beastie on Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:48 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
MasterWhedon wrote:

bah, that was totally predictable. i was much more shocked when we found at that Creed is a cylon.

You were shocked?!? They've been hinting at that since the beginning of last season.
I was surprised that there was a missing reel. ON TELEVISION.
beastie
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Holy crap what an episode!!!
Michael being schooled by the warehouse crew was awesome. The office betting was ridiculously hilarious!!! Toby! TOBY getting in on the shenanigans!!
It got a little heavy in the end but overall it was a great episode.

I'm going to start shunning people..... unless it becomes the new "Whaaazzzaaaaaaapp". Then I'll just tell people to fuck off and die.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm

not as good as last week, but still pretty good.

i liked the accidental hate crime they committed on stanley's car. good choice, using a watermelon on those tests.

and i'm glad drew/andy is back. now it's a tossup whether he or toby will be the one to crack and start shooting up the place.

the indian girl reminds me of sanjaya's sister... but with less bewbs.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby HeadlessCrane on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:58 am

Two chickens doing a goat while the pigs watch!!!!!!!! Genius!!!
HeadlessCrane
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby LaDracul on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:18 am

Jim as Dwight and Dwight as Jim...best part of the episode. XD
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:22 am

I was a little confused. Did they actually fire Creed? Poor guy looked so bummed out before stealing everyone's money. Haha, talked about how he used to be homeless. "The one year I skip going to the paper mill, this happens."
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:26 am

Creed wasn't fired, he managed to find out that one of the quality controllers at the mill had a day off so he told Dwight it wouldn't have happened if she was there and he got her fired. He then passed around a Leaving card to all the office workers, pocketed the cash and trashed the card.

I <3 Creed.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 11, 2007 3:04 pm

So last night's was pretty good. I was crushed to find out we would not in fact see Karen and Pam in their bathing suits. :cry:

Creed catching the fish with his bare hands was bizarre. Even more so was the fact that he ate it raw lol.

Pam's little speech at the end was long overdue. Eventually she was gonna need to speak up about how she felt. Everything that happened is pretty much Pam's fault anyway. She caused her whole life to turn upside down. And she pushed Jim away. Now she's trying to get him back I guess. It's playing out well though, since Karen will probably get the position Michael wanted to interview for. Hard to tell what might transpire but Pam and Jim will end up together in the end, that i'm sure of.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri May 11, 2007 3:12 pm

godzillasushi wrote:So last night's was pretty good. I was crushed to find out we would not in fact see Karen and Pam in their bathing suits. :cry:

Creed catching the fish with his bare hands was bizarre. Even more so was the fact that he ate it raw lol.

Pam's little speech at the end was long overdue. Eventually she was gonna need to speak up about how she felt. Everything that happened is pretty much Pam's fault anyway. She caused her whole life to turn upside down. And she pushed Jim away. Now she's trying to get him back I guess. It's playing out well though, since Karen will probably get the position Michael wanted to interview for. Hard to tell what might transpire but Pam and Jim will end up together in the end, that i'm sure of.

Creed is getting weirder and weirder.

Thanks to the goddamned DVR, I missed 80% of last night's ep. Does anyone know if NBC rebroadcasts it on the web or anything? I guess I could just go look, but I'm really, really lazy.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby freak2thec0re on Fri May 11, 2007 5:24 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:Does anyone know if NBC rebroadcasts it on the web or anything? I guess I could just go look, but I'm really, really lazy.

they don't. I've searched for many a minute, and the only way I've found past episodes available is through iTunes. In the past, you could watch episodes on youtube, but now they crack down on that sort of stuff

if anyone knows a place online u can watch 'em for free, let me know.

best line was Stanley asking "are you actually basing your recommendation for your replacement on this??

too funny
"Serves you right, Cartman, you're a sell-out!"
"I'M NOT A SELL-OUT! Wait- What's a sell-out?"
"Anyone in the entertainment business who makes money, is a sell-out"
freak2thec0re
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri May 11, 2007 5:28 pm

freak2thec0re wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:Does anyone know if NBC rebroadcasts it on the web or anything? I guess I could just go look, but I'm really, really lazy.

they don't. I've searched for many a minute, and the only way I've found past episodes available is through iTunes. In the past, you could watch episodes on youtube, but now they crack down on that sort of stuff

if anyone knows a place online u can watch 'em for free, let me know.

best line was Stanley asking "are you actually basing your recommendation for your replacement on this??

too funny

Thanks freak. I'll probably just buy it from iTunes.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 11, 2007 7:14 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Creed catching the fish with his bare hands was bizarre. Even more so was the fact that he ate it raw lol.

creed = gollum? did he really eat it 'cos if so i missed that.

pam is cute, but damn... she's soggy mashed potatoes compared to the gourmet meal that is karen. those italian girls have some *sizzle*

of course, i'm not averse to eating a helping of mashed potatoes with my spicy seasoned sirloin.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby freak2thec0re on Thu May 17, 2007 9:02 pm

loved the season finale from start to end

Michael's transformation the moment he saw Jan's "new editions" was great

Jan losing it was great. "My full time job will be our relationship~!"

and Ryan's last line, oh man, i was dyin. classic.
freak2thec0re
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TheBaxter on Thu May 17, 2007 9:38 pm

way to go ryan!

i hope next year, toby hooks up with karen.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby LeFlambeur on Thu May 17, 2007 10:13 pm

I like the way that they alluded to the finale of the second season of the British Office, where Tim breaks up his interview to tell Dawn how he feels, by having Jim interrupt Pam's interview. Well played.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby Fievel on Thu May 17, 2007 11:55 pm

TheBaxter wrote:i hope next year, toby hooks up with karen.

[quote="Herc"]As reported Saturday, Fox is taking to series “New Amsterdamâ€
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Conroy420 on Fri May 18, 2007 12:31 am

I like the asshole Ryan character.

At first Jim was supposed to be our 'everyman' of the Office filled with zany characters but eventually he fell into his own persona.

Ryan is pretty much how a regular guy would be in an office of that nature, at least, how I would want to be.

He delievered my two biggest laughs of the season finale.

The Creed blog joke (After the Horny Manitee thing from Conan I was hoping this too would be a reality) and his final scene.

Not to mention B.J. Novak, the actor who plays Ryan, actually writes a fair number of episodes for the Office.

This cast of characters is so rich, so I doubt he will really be missed. A few characters who really stepped it up this season are Creed and the Booze Hound, what's her name?

I must admit, when Jim came into Pam's interview, I did say 'Awww', I'm such a wuss.
To read some original works by me, please ask, I need the feedback!
Conroy420
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby St. Alphonzo on Fri May 18, 2007 1:00 am

Yikes! Sounds like Pam got a little drunk tonight.

NEW YORK (AP) - Jenna Fischer of "The Office" has fractured her back in four places, but it could've been a lot worse.

Her publicist tells the New York Daily News that Fischer fell down some stairs at a bar where a party for "The Office" was being held. The publicist says Fischer "avoided anything scary near the spine and she'll make a full recovery in time to shoot season four of "The Office" this summer

She plays Pam Beesly, the mousey, sweet receptionist in the NBC adaptation of the British sitcom.
Last edited by St. Alphonzo on Fri May 18, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
St. Alphonzo
Patron Saint

Postby moose4787 on Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 am

I know a great site to rewatch TV shows tv-links.co.uk Its got everything, and the new stuff is great quality.
Xbox live profile: Moose4787
moose4787
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri May 18, 2007 7:33 am

God bless Creed. Seriously. And not the band...the character...fuck it.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri May 18, 2007 7:59 am

Conroy420 wrote: A few characters who really stepped it up this season are Creed and the Booze Hound, what's her name?

I must admit, when Jim came into Pam's interview, I did say 'Awww', I'm such a wuss.

Creed is just gold. Everything he says/does is hilarious. Some of the best laughs of the season are because of Creed.

"How did you get that?" "Right place, right time".

His discussion about how he may have had sex with a man.

Introducing himself to that girl who has been on the show from the beginning.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 18, 2007 9:32 am

Well, I guess we finally know who got the job at corporate!

Spoiler Alert

I did not expect Ryan getting the job. Very funny how they threw that in there after the episode was over. If you didn't stick around for the credits, you're in for a suprise.

I was also glad Jim made the right decision. Karen, while pretty nice, just isn't the right kind of person for him. And the way Pam was so thrilled when Jim asked her to dinner was awesome. She just lit up.

Also, Jan is insane.

So now I guess Karen might be back next season? I heard she had a new show on another network or something....
Last edited by godzillasushi on Fri May 18, 2007 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri May 18, 2007 3:46 pm

St. Alphonzo wrote:Yikes! Sounds like Pam got a little drunk tonight.

NEW YORK (AP) - Jenna Fischer of "The Office" has fractured her back in four places, but it could've been a lot worse.

Her publicist tells the New York Daily News that Fischer fell down some stairs at a bar where a party for "The Office" was being held. The publicist says Fischer "avoided anything scary near the spine and she'll make a full recovery in time to shoot season four of "The Office" this summer

She plays Pam Beesly, the mousey, sweet receptionist in the NBC adaptation of the British sitcom.

Wow. That could have been very bad.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fievel on Fri May 18, 2007 3:49 pm

ONeillSG1 wrote:
St. Alphonzo wrote:Yikes! Sounds like Pam got a little drunk tonight.

Wow. That could have been very bad.

Some would call it opportunity.
:twisted: :twisted:
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pops Freshenmeyer on Fri May 18, 2007 4:05 pm

godzillasushi wrote:Well, I guess we finally know who got the job at corporate!

Spoiler Alert

I did not expect Ryan getting the job. Very funny how they threw that in there after the episode was over. If you didn't stick around for the credits, you're in for a suprise.

I was also glad Jim made the right decision. Karen, while pretty nice, just isn't the right kind of person for him. And the way Pam was so thrilled when Jim asked her to dinner was awesome. She just lit up.

Also, Jan is insane.

So now I guess Karen might be back next season? I heard she had a new show on another network or something....

Jeez, I hope Ryan/B.J. isn't leaving the show. Unless he's off to go write for Lost. That's the only acceptable reason to jump ship.
Pops Freshenmeyer
REAL DRAGON

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Pops Freshenmeyer wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:Well, I guess we finally know who got the job at corporate!

Spoiler Alert

Also, Jan is insane.

Jeez, I hope Ryan/B.J. isn't leaving the show. Unless he's off to go write for Lost. That's the only acceptable reason to jump ship.

My unofficial/unresearched guess is that he might stay on as a writer, but only make guest appearances. I believe him and the indian chick are writers on the show as it is.

But geeze....he is evil on that show. When he was offered the job, he told Kelly "We're finished." Ouch :(
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri May 18, 2007 4:20 pm

godzillasushi wrote:But geeze....he is evil on that show. When he was offered the job, he told Kelly "We're finished." Ouch :(

That was the best part...

He's been trying to find a way to do that forever...

It was just so sudden and to the point and full of awesomeness that I laughed my fucking ass off...

And this show needs more Toby...

Toby's the fucking man...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby godzillasushi on Fri May 18, 2007 4:24 pm

havocSchultz wrote:
godzillasushi wrote:But geeze....he is evil on that show. When he was offered the job, he told Kelly "We're finished."[/size] Ouch :(

That was the best part...

He's been trying to find a way to do that forever...

It was just so sudden and to the point and full of awesomeness that I laughed my fucking ass off...

And this show needs more Toby...

Toby's the fucking man...

Toby is Toby though. I don't like/dislike him. He's just there....

Kevin and the accountants are my favorite characters. I think in some strange way, Angela is hot. Maybe it's the cats, maybe the fact that she's stone cold....but I like whatever it is she has. Haha.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby monorail77 on Fri May 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Conroy420 wrote:I must admit, when Jim came into Pam's interview, I did say 'Awww', I'm such a wuss.

Don't sweat it, we all said "Awww"

Great episode, full of great characters and colour. They've got an amazing ensemble of pretty well fleshed out nut-jobs to keep writing fresh stuff. Can't wait for next season!
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby freak2thec0re on Fri May 18, 2007 6:05 pm

i don't get why people are acting like Ryan won't be around next season. If he took Jan's job, then isn't he now Michael's supervisor?

That has hilarious potential.
freak2thec0re
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 18, 2007 6:28 pm

Fievel wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:i hope next year, toby hooks up with karen.

[quote="Herc"]As reported Saturday, Fox is taking to series “New Amsterdamâ€
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon May 21, 2007 4:10 am

I love that the season finale was written by Toby and Dwight's cousin Mose.

In my head I imagine the two of them, in character, writing the show...and its hilarious.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:17 pm

What I'd really like to do to Jenna Fischer could very well be called the BUMP.

Season 4 premiere tonight! :D
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:32 pm

Zarles wrote:What I'd really like to do to Jenna Fischer could very well be called the BUMP.

Season 4 premiere tonight! :D

Yay!!

I love this time of year, all my favorite shows coming back...

but no veronica mars. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:but no veronica mars. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why must you remind me!???

What is your next comment going to be?

"I love this time of year all of my favorite shows are back...except Firefly, Wonderfalls, Angel, Freaks & Geeks, John from Cincinnati, and The OC".

ARGGGHHHH!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:but no veronica mars. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Why must you remind me!???

What is your next comment going to be?

"I love this time of year all of my favorite shows are back...except Firefly, Wonderfalls, Angel, Freaks & Geeks, John from Cincinnati, and The OC".

ARGGGHHHH!

heheh, i'd probably leave out The OC.

This will be an interesting season for The Office. We'll see if they jump the shark by getting Jim and Pam together...often once that romantic "will they or wont they" tension is gone, the rest of the show begins to die.

Hopefully that wont be the case here with Michael and Dwight and the rest of the gang still acting like idiots.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Maui on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:48 pm

The Office = Dwight!!

Maui
WoWie

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial