THE OFFICE

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Maui wrote:The Office = Dwight!!

heheh, he's definitely the funniest member of the Office. He and Jim play off of each other so well. As long as they hold onto THAT they should be ok.

Am I alone in that Michael is my least favorite character in the show? He's just too PAINFUL for me to enjoy.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:17 am

"Any problems?"

"Well...you left the tv on. And your cat is dead."

:lol:

I'm so glad the Office is back!
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Fievel on Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:45 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:"Any problems?"

"Well...you left the tv on. And your cat is dead."

:lol:

I'm so glad the Office is back!

Holy Crap!!!!
They shouldn't make that show an hour long.
It hurts.

Creed.
Oh sweet, beautiful Creed.
"I've been involved in a number of cults. Both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower... BUT, make more money as a leader."
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

THE OFFICE

Postby bastard_robo on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:22 am

The show jumped up two notches tonight!

I love that the Camera Crew outted Pam and Jim...
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everyone is gonna die. Come watch TV
— Rick and Morty

bastard_robo
SCANK BARON

Postby Zarles on Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:42 am

"Creed Donaldson, 75 and Over group."

"You're over 75 years old?"

"I'll be 82 on November 1st."

YAY. The first third of the ep or so was a little slow, but once the Fun Run started happening, it was relentless. The pics of Angela's cat were hysterical. Did you notice in the second pic she showed, she had the first pic as her desktop on her computer? :lol:
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:45 am

my favourite part was the look on that woman's face when michael hit her with the car. i had to rewind it and watch it over... and over... and over.... and over.......
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:53 am

Maui wrote:The Office = Dwight!!

My girlfriend actually ordered and purchased the Dwight BobbleHead from NBC for one of her co-workers...

They're both in love with the show and with Dwight...

And, seeing as how we just went through the entire first 3 seasons this past month - I'd have to say I thought this one was quite enjoyable...

I just love how pretty much all the characters intertwine and react to each other...

"I didn't see where it started - I just saw where it ended..."

And Andy's bloody nipples were arguably one of the most disturbing things I've seen in days...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 am

I really wish this show would be extended to an hour. I like Earl and 30 Rock but they don't even come close. They have so much extra material it's like, what are they waiting for. Every character must have so much filmed that they just leave out. I wouldn't mind having that throw-away stuff because it's so funny. Stanley is awesome.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby havocSchultz on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:06 am

godzillasushi wrote:I really wish this show would be extended to an hour. I like Earl and 30 Rock but they don't even come close. They have so much extra material it's like, what are they waiting for. Every character must have so much filmed that they just leave out. I wouldn't mind having that throw-away stuff because it's so funny. Stanley is awesome.

On the DVD's - you can watch the deleted scenes after - and if most of them were added back into the shows - we'd be getting episodes that were probably a good 40+ minutes - which would put it into the hour long time frame - with commercials...

And, for the most part - they work...
Some of them are just different variations of lines - and them doing their improv with lines - but there are some actual full, funny scenes that always seem to be cut out...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby tapehead on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 am

It's funny I was actually thinking watching the double ep that maybe they just let Steve Carell go on a little long at times. It's such a strong ensemble, and even though I'm a big fan of Carell's performance in 'The 40 year Old Virgin', I think he works so well in that because of the great supporting cast.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Zarles on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:27 am

The first four episodes of this season are an hour long, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got more later on down the line. There are 30 eps this season, too.

Carrell is definitely the captain of the ship on this show, but seriously - the WHOLE cast is absolutely hilarious. Darrell feeding the peanut to the squirrel was hysterical. "He's happy because he's insane!" :lol:
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:18 am

I was surprised to see that The Office was 35th in the ratings with onlz 9.5 million viewers. However, it was 10th amongst the much sought after 18-49 range.

It seems that I hear about The Office so much that I would have assumed that it would be higher in the ratings.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:32 pm

Zarles wrote:The first four episodes of this season are an hour long, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got more later on down the line. There are 30 eps this season, too.

Keeping in mind that the hour-longs count as two episodes, and will be halved in syndication.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby godzillasushi on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:40 pm

It's a shame actually. People can't handle the fact that it doesnt have something constantly going on to keep attention spans fullfilled. :x

That's alright. Im just glad it exists at all and hope it stays that way.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:59 pm

poor toby

poor dwight

ryan looks like a creepy child molester with that sortabeard
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 am

Ryan needs to suffer.
And by suffer I mean get his as seriously demoted back to the Scranton office.

What a dick.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:55 am

WHERE ARE THE TURTLES!!!!
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby buster00 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 am

Zarles wrote:"Creed Donaldson, 75 and Over group."

"I'm thirty. Well, I'll be thirty in September."
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:18 am

buster00 wrote:
Zarles wrote:"Creed Donaldson, 75 and Over group."

"I'm thirty. Well, I'll be thirty in September."

"I was going to put up some new pictures, but... ummm... all of the ink in the printer was gone."

Fucking Creed. That was hilarious. I would have initially guessed it was Michael with a haircut when they first showed him. I damn near fell out of the chair when it was Creed.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Zarles on Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:31 am

Creed looked like he had on one of those samurai wigs from the Beach Day episode last season. 'Sometimes a guy needs to ride the bull, know what I mean? Later, skater.'

THERE'S NO ROAD HERE! IT'S A LAKE!
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:33 am

I just loved that look Kelly gave to the camera after she said she was pregnant. She's so funny. And she's one of the writers I think...

Geeze, that was another great episode.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:37 am

Ryan: 'You lied about being pregnant. You honestly don't see why that would upset me?'

Kelly: 'No.'

Ryan: 'We're never getting back together.'

Kelly: 'Whyyyyyyy!?'

Hilarious. I also loved when Ryan wanted to downsize her and outsource her job to India. LOL.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:09 pm

Just got myself caught up on this season. HILARIOUS. Fucking Creed. Best part of the show. I can't get enough of him.

The self-aware computer thing was also quite funny.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:18 pm

This season rocks my casbah.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:13 pm

RogueScribner wrote:This season rocks my casbah.

I wonder if the spin-off will?
Lord Voldemoo

Postby RogueScribner on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:22 pm

I love The Office. I just can't fathom what a spinoff would be at this point. And I'd hate if anyone defected to the other show. If NBC seriously wants to fill that half hour timeslot every week, bump this show up to an hour like this season began!!!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:34 pm

They should have a European division of Dunder Mifflin.
Headed by... oh.... say.... Ricky Gervais?

The spin-off idea sounds mostly crappy. I'll check it out, but under low expectations.
Unless it has Ricky Gervais.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby LeFlambeur on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 pm

Between the "Office 2" concept and the Office convention I really have to wonder what the hell is going on with this show. Its not that good. The rest of the charachters are rounding out nicely, but Carrell's performance is becoming increasingly intolerable. Instead of branching out, they should really just focus on making the one show better, before we go from having one hillarious show to two milquetoast-to-poor shows like what happened with Family Guy after the creation of American Dad.
LeFlambeur
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:14 am

karen fillipelli is UBERHOT. she can come and manage my branch anytime... if you know what i mean.

if she's in the office 2, i'll watch it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby VegasRon on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:18 am

Relax, kiddies, there won't be an Office 2.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Zarles on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:39 am

Not to start off The Battle That Cannot Be Won here, but Karen ain't all that. She looks like the hippie chick in Dr. Teeth's band.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:43 am

The Finer Things Club was funny. Im pretty sure that's how you become the bottom of the office social ladder. Of course, only the receptionist, HR guy, and Dumbledore dude could pull it off.

Anyone else think Ed Helms is sort of wasted? I sure would like to see an episode built around him sometime.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:47 am

the finer things club is just toby's latest attempt to get into pam's pants. notice how it's him, her, and the Dumbledore guy. hmmm... maybe toby is gearing up for a threesome.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:48 am

Maybe Toby is gonna cum out of the closet soon.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Zarles on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:49 am

Ed Helms has had a good couple of episodes this season, actually. The phone call sing-along to Angela was some classic shit.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Zarles wrote:Ed Helms has had a good couple of episodes this season, actually. The phone call sing-along to Angela was some classic shit.

Agreed. Ed Helms has had some great moments. And how is he "wasted"? I mean creed is the best character on the show and when he isn't around I don't feel he is "wasted". Too much of a character is a bad thing. I think they are using each character just the right amount.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:41 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:
Zarles wrote:Ed Helms has had a good couple of episodes this season, actually. The phone call sing-along to Angela was some classic shit.

Agreed. Ed Helms has had some great moments. And how is he "wasted"? I mean creed is the best character on the show and when he isn't around I don't feel he is "wasted". Too much of a character is a bad thing. I think they are using each character just the right amount.

Agreed. I really liked Helms on The Daily Show but I don't think I could take his CHARACTER in the Office for more than about 6-7 collective minutes an ep.

Actually that can be said for just about all of them, including Michael. The only exceptions are really Pam, Jim and Dwight.

That's not a bad thing, by the way. As Lecko said I think they are using each character as they should be used in the context of the show.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby monorail77 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:10 pm

The Office just doesn't seem to be funny anymore. I found myself smiling a bit, but that's about all. Michael has officially become just too wacky, there's not a shred of beleivability left (not that there was much to begin with). I'm not railing here, I just think the concept has run its natural course and that's OK with me. I'd be fine if it ended now, before it becomes painfully bad. Just my $0.02.
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:16 pm

monorail77 wrote:The Office just doesn't seem to be funny anymore. I found myself smiling a bit, but that's about all. Michael has officially become just too wacky, there's not a shred of beleivability left (not that there was much to begin with). I'm not railing here, I just think the concept has run its natural course and that's OK with me. I'd be fine if it ended now, before it becomes painfully bad. Just my $0.02.

I still find it pretty damned funny, and I don't want it to end anytime soon, but I'm with you on Michael. I haven't watched last night's ep yet, but based on the rest of the season so far he's gone over the top from stupid-funny to stupid-painful. I realize it's supposed to be a LITTLE painful, but man, I find myself cringing at most of his scenes now.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:17 pm

monorail77 wrote:The Office just doesn't seem to be funny anymore. I found myself smiling a bit, but that's about all. Michael has officially become just too wacky, there's not a shred of beleivability left (not that there was much to begin with). I'm not railing here, I just think the concept has run its natural course and that's OK with me. I'd be fine if it ended now, before it becomes painfully bad. Just my $0.02.

Yeah that is something I have struggled with since the inception of the American Office and that is believability. I have continually said that Michael is the least funny character on the show and the one that I could seriously do without. I would actually welcome an Office 2 just so we could get a fresh start on some of these things. I still find THIS Office funny, but when it steps into "way outrageous" territory (as it often does) it really bugs me.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Leckomaniac wrote:

Agreed. Ed Helms has had some great moments. And how is he "wasted"?

Well, if by great moments you mean smiling in the background then yes, he has had plenty. Considering who he is and what he could do, I guess I just thought you'd see more of him. You know....I watched The Daily Show so much maybe it's just me seeing a familiar face and expecting him to be featured often. He's not an "unknown" to me.

Eh, you win this time. I got nothing. :wink:
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 pm

If they're going to do a spin-off, it should take place in outer space.
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby godzillasushi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:57 pm

buster00 wrote:If they're going to do a spin-off, it should take place in outer space.

I was thinking more bottom of the sea, Amazonian type of spin-off. But hey, crap is crap.
ImageImage
godzillasushi
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby monorail77 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm

According to the main site, The Office is pretty much all out on strike. Good for them! (Bad for us, the viewers, tho')
"All we have is language; that's the one tool that enables us to grasp hold of our lives and transcend our fate by understanding it."
-Harlan Ellison

monorail77
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Okay, last night's episode, "The Deposition," is EASILY the best episode so far this season and probably in my top ten episodes of any season.

The stenographer's reading of "That's what she said" was fucking COMEDY GOLD.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby Zarles on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:18 pm

That last shot of Dwight and Mose playing rapid-fire ping-pong really needs to be made into a .gif file. You want a moment of zen? That's it.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 pm

They could spin-off 'Dwight and Mose's Beet Farm Bed and Breakfast' into it's own series.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fievel on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 pm

Zarles wrote:That last shot of Dwight and Mose playing rapid-fire ping-pong really needs to be made into a .gif file. You want a moment of zen? That's it.

I had to rewind it. I couldn't believe that was actually Mose. He was all pimped up. Those two were in the moment, that's for sure.
The reading back of "that's what she said" and the "I have to go to the bathroom" parts were ri-DICK-ulous!!!
Felt bad for Toby... again. The guy tried his hardest to be there FOR Michael during lunch.... he tried to connect... and then Michael just shoved his food off. I howled out loud at that.
I thought for sure that at the end of it that Jan and Michael would be finished, but after hearing their hilarious dinner plan discussion, it seems they're destined/doomed to be together.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:24 am

toby was REALLY enjoying himself when they were reading from michael's diary about his man-crush on ryan though. good for him. after all of michael's irrational hatred towards him, toby deserves to revel in his embarrassment.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:37 am

TheBaxter wrote:toby was REALLY enjoying himself when they were reading from michael's diary about his man-crush on ryan though. good for him. after all of michael's irrational hatred towards him, toby deserves to revel in his embarrassment.

Oh absolutely! But the best was the simple fact that he laughed so loudly. It was such an un-Toby moment. The Ryan-crush part was mildly disturbing, but even more hilarious.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial