American Idol

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: American Idol

Postby tfactor on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
Evil Hobbit wrote:
minstrel wrote:I'm not a Michael Jackson fan, mostly because he rocks about as hard as Perry Como. So I was gritting my teeth through most of the episode because the songs mostly stunk. I woke up when that Adam guy finally performed and put some goddamn LIFE into the show. I hate his look, but he has an amazing voice and the confidence to use it.

That Adam guy was a lot better then the rest of the lot. Bit of an emo'ish look, but authentic enough while performing.

Now, what was Gordon Ramsay doing in the crowd? He cook's for the crew?

getting his show(s) pimped out by Fox... just like every other special guest audience member they always have on this show, except for The Hoff.
my question is, what the hell was justin guarini doing sitting behind simon cowell? dude, you were on the show like 20 years ago, and you still have no career except as an audience member for the show you never won on. that's sad.

i don't get why they all love adam so much. he sounds like a 13-year-old axl rose trying to sound like robert plant trying to sound like a cat in heat. seriously, just close your eyes when he sings and focus on the sound of his voice.... it's excruciating.

Last week I saw Doogie Howser in the audience, so seeing a celeb isn't always about pimping their shows (although I'd like to believe that a hard-ass like Gordon Ramsey was forced by his agent to attend an American Idol show).

Regarding that Adam dude: he totally has the pipes to be a front man for a 80s hair band. The look, however, doesn't match the voice, IMO. Maybe he can do a Cure song and we'll see what happens.

first of all, MJ haters - fuck off! Michael Jackson rules!

secondly there are 2 people on the show currently who ALREADY HAD CAREERS IN MUSIC! So is american idol going to become the last hope of hiphop stardom for all dualing piano players and people who already have stage work under thier belt. If so, thats really fucking stupid.

Adam needs to go back to his stage life / work (just like every other starving actor) and so does the dueling piano player, fuck off and give the rest of the world-who hasn't already been discovered, a chance. The thing that really gets me is that the piano guy acts like his life before the show sucked completely - so what makes the douche think he won't continue to be unhappy having to perform for people on a stage every night vs a piano bar?

Get rid of them both I says! Adam's tongue sticking out high notes annoy the crap out of me. Plus I'm sure his acne covered face is more enjoyable from a distance, like say .. on a stage - no less than 30 feet away from me. Most importantly NOT on my HD flat screen. Seriously he's gross!

Scott MacIntyre gets my vote right now for the win, but there are still several weeks left for that to change. We'll see.
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 pm

tfactor wrote:first of all, MJ haters - fuck off! Michael Jackson rules!

Right on, I'm going to the o2 concert in july, realy realy realy curious how that's gonna work out. If he's realy back or if he'll perform in a wheelchair. Bit like this.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:22 pm

tfactor wrote:first of all, MJ haters - fuck off! Michael Jackson rules!

yeah! leave the poor child-molesting freak alone!
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 pm

so, the funniest part of this episode. they go on and on about this new rule where the judges can save a contestant who's been eliminated before they reach the top 5... and to illustrate it, they give examples of tamyra gray, jennifer hudson, and chris daughtry. problem is, tamyra and daughtry both made it to the final 5, so the rule change wouldn't have been able to save them anyway.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 am

No Bax, the funniest part of the episode was watching the blind guy try and dance and move around the stage.

But yeah, the judges-save thing is so very, very stupid. They get ONE save to use up to the final 5. So naturally, they won't use it until the very end (if at all), so we'll be forced for the next 6 weeks to watch them "debate" about keeping someone, when really, they won't use it until Dead-Wife Guy or Lil Round gets put up for elimination.

Regarding the two that were kicked off last night: I hated that girl: she consistantly sucked, yet they kept trying to get her thru. I am shocked by the Jose guy getting the boot. I thought for sure he'd get the entire island of Puerto Rico behind him.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:36 am

so sorry wrote:No Bax, the funniest part of the episode was watching the blind guy try and dance and move around the stage.

yeah, that was funny too. they always had one of the other singers holding on to him so he wouldn't fall off the stage.
i wonder if they let his brother who's always walking him up and down stairs and stuff go live with him in the mansion. i'm sure it's full of stairs too.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 pm

You know what I thought was funny, how the biggest phone call producing Prime time show on television was only able to reserve the phone #s that end with 1-12 but NOT 13!?!? And to be honest I'm surprised short blond's # was called so much by the fans and that she made it through, because lets face it - people are idiots. The real life poor bastard with the number ending in 13 must have received like 1000 wrong# calls last week

Anyway its down to 11 now and the judges still have that new Save so the phone numbers shouldn't be a problem any longer but honestly I didn't like seeing that the show is so fucking cheap that they couldn't pay to free up that one last phone line for the 13th contestant

And on the subject of Scott and his stage dancing, you know I gotta give that guy some props because he not only has to mentally learn the song lyrics & remember those but he also has to remember the dance moves which he has to learn (& perform) without seeing what anyone else is doing. Imagine how difficult that must be to teach & actually do. He is trying his ass off to keep up with the non-visually impaired and I know he's not going to see or read this post but I think he's doing a bang up job with what he's got.

With that said; honestly I do fear that a Stevie Wonder-like incident is bound to happen at some point. Last night I thought for sure Scott was going to step over the edge of that stage and take a tumble, when they all came to the very front of the stage at the end of that group song, but nope not this week. Now just to be clear - I don't want him to fall but I think its going to happen
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:10 pm

I don't see how the show is being cheap. From the onset of the series people voted for no more than 12 contestants at a time. Why would the show try to buy #13? They made an exception this year because they liked so many people. The show just can't demand the phone company tear the number away from another business and give it to them for one week. Imagine all the people looking for phone sex and getting American Idol! It was one week. No big deal.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:12 pm

tfactor wrote:You know what I thought was funny, how the biggest phone call producing Prime time show on television was only able to reserve the phone #s that end with 1-12 but NOT 13!?!? And to be honest I'm surprised short blond's # was called so much by the fans and that she made it through, because lets face it - people are idiots. The real life poor bastard with the number ending in 13 must have received like 1000 wrong# calls last week

i wouldn't feel sorry. since the number was a pr0n line, they probably had their most profitable night ever on tuesday.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:13 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I don't see how the show is being cheap. From the onset of the series people voted for no more than 12 contestants at a time. Why would the show try to buy #13? They made an exception this year because they liked so many people. The show just can't demand the phone company tear the number away from another business and give it to them for one week. Imagine all the people looking for phone sex and getting American Idol! It was one week. No big deal.

yeah, they weren't being cheap, just stupid. they should've thought about it before they expanded the lineup, and if they couldn't get the 13th number, they could've reserved a different set of 13 contiguous numbers.

also, i bet anything that if the 13th contestant had actually gotten voted off, they would've brought her back because of all the outcry over how she was cheated by the number fiasco.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:06 pm

TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:16 pm

For shame Upper Deck, for shame.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 am

FUCK YOU ADAM LAMBERT
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Well said Johnny!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby minstrel on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Say what you like about Adam, but his performance was the ONLY interesting thing about last night's show.

... and I kinda hated it. Adam has an incredible voice, but I can't see myself ever ever ever ever buying any of his music. It's ... well, it's ugly.

So, yeah. Johnny's right.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 pm

King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:18 pm

interesting like a car accident... there's nothing that can justify the unmitigated rape of that classic song last night
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:36 pm

I wish I knew why they chose theme nights like this. These kids don't do country, and it shows. And then Simon and Randy have the balls to tell some of them that their song choice was wrong. What the fuck do YOU want them to sing? Can Simon name 5 "country" songs? Bullshit. Stupid bullshit.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 pm

I agree, I hate country week with a passion. They already have country singing shows, no need to bring that here. Just because past idols have had crossover sucess doesn't mean every contestant is suited to that sound.

I honestly wish Danny had done Always on my mind or something like it instead of Jesus take the wheel. But
FUCK ADAM LAMBERT WITH A BROKEN BOTTLE
for that shit he pulled.
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:55 pm

minstrel wrote:Say what you like about Adam, but his performance was the ONLY interesting thing about last night's show.

... and I kinda hated it. Adam has an incredible voice, but I can't see myself ever ever ever ever buying any of his music. It's ... well, it's ugly.

So, yeah. Johnny's right.

that was the first time i've enjoyed anything he did on this show. it was so over the top and ridiculous, i couldn't help it. and his voice actually sounded less screechy than usual.
which doesn't mean i'd ever buy his music. i wouldn't buy anything any of these douchebags do.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:57 pm

King Psyz wrote:FUCK YOU ADAM LAMBERT

something tells me he'd probably enjoy that.

King Psyz wrote:FUCK ADAM LAMBERT WITH A BROKEN BOTTLE

something tells me he'd probably enjoy that even more.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby King Psyz on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 pm

You're probablly right... :(
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:54 pm

I hope Sarver gets booted. I never understood why people like him. He's an average singer at best.

If he doesn't get booted, then maybe Caw-caw! girl. She is way to affected and can't seem to just sing a damn song. Though I suppose you could say the same about Adam, but at least he's interesting.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby so sorry on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:13 pm

RogueScribner wrote:I hope Sarver gets booted. I never understood why people like him. He's an average singer at best.

If he doesn't get booted, then maybe Caw-caw! girl. She is way to affected and can't seem to just sing a damn song. Though I suppose you could say the same about Adam, but at least he's interesting.

I have no idea who either of those two are! And i watch this dumb show...

Is Caw caw girl the tattooed hottie? I don't want her gone, although her singing and swaying are annoying as hell. And man, did she lay on the *cough cough I'm sick* routine last night or what? Yes, it was a feat that she got thru her song, did it well, while suffering from the flu. But those coughs while Ryan was giving out her number sounded dubious at best.

But yeah, any of the generic white dudes (and Annoop) can go home tonight please.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm

FUCK YOU JEFF BUCKLEY
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:00 am

How the FUCK did Alexis Grace get booted before Mr. Zero-Charisma-Karaoke-Bar-Singing Michael Sarver? JFC!!!!

And of course the bit about his kid tonight probably bought him another 3 - 4 weeks on the show. The Idol tour is going to be a sausage-fest.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:07 am

:( She was cute, too.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:54 am

TheBaxter wrote:FUCK YOU JEFF BUCKLEY

so last night, randy jackson said that adam did jeff buckley's arrangement of ring of fire.
which, apparently, is totally wrong. i should know better than to think an idol judge actually knew what they were talking about. even though adam nodded like he was right. he was just doing what any contestant does when the idiot judges opens their mouths, just nodding along politely like you'd do for your crazy uncle or senile grandma. so...

FUCK YOU RANDY JACKSON

apparently, the version adam did was actually taken from dilana, who was on that rock star tv show a few years back.
and her version was actually a heavily modified version of the one done by wall of voodoo. so...

FUCK YOU DILANA
and
FUCK YOU WALL OF VOODOO

on another note...
if i ever have to hear that horrible 'jesus take the wheel' song for as long as i live, it will be too soon. that has to be the stupidest, cloyingest song ever. you know what would happen if you were out driving and you actually decided to let jesus take the wheel? you'd crash. and burn. and die. so...

FUCK YOU CARRIE UNDERWOOD
and just for good measure...
FUCK YOU DANNY GOKEY
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby King Psyz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 am

my myspace page needs more people... we need to get the word out that Adam Lambert must die...
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby minstrel on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:06 pm

It occurs to me that, given the times in which Jesus lived, it is highly unlikely that he ever had a driver's license, or ever took a driver's ed class. So begging him to take the wheel would be a) begging him to break the law, and b) probably not a good idea, survival-wise.

Just sayin'.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby King Psyz on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:31 pm

<3
King Psyz
PSYZ MATTERS, DO YOU?

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 pm

minstrel wrote:It occurs to me that, given the times in which Jesus lived, it is highly unlikely that he ever had a driver's license, or ever took a driver's ed class. So begging him to take the wheel would be a) begging him to break the law, and b) probably not a good idea, survival-wise.

Just sayin'.

it can't be that much harder than riding a dinosaur, though.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby tfactor on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:32 am

OK come on now, Adam singing "take a good look at my face" ... Oh sweet sweet Irony, why do you mock us so? :twisted: Seriously I don't like him and I know he's one of the best singer but I refuse to think that after this year Idol will evolve to where all the try outs will be all people who you can find in piano bars, or on cruise ships or with limited stage experience. Idol will no longer be the place to find "undiscovered" talent or a diamond in the rough but rather a chance of pop stardom for all professional musicians.

You know whats funny to; I never thought any of this about Daughtry. Even though he had his own band prior to joining the Idol crew / tour. Yet for some reason I can't seem to forgive the 2 contestants this year who also already had careers and / or paid experience in the music industry. And as much as I give Adam a hard time about his pimples, its not even really Adam as much as I'm bothered by Matt! Because that douche said flat out - he didn't enjoy his existing life as a piano bar attraction and he has always wanted fame & pop stardom more than the life he already has (which in opinion is not a life / Job that one should be complaining about).

Whatever Michael needs to go and Megan, unless she picks better songs - is likely next.

BTW Athena thinks the top 4 are going to be: Adam, Allison, Danny & Matt
I however think the top four will end up being: Allison, Danny, Scott & Kris

Whats your top 4 at this point in the show and who do you think is going this week?
-T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 am

Scott, as good as I think he is, can't pick a good song. Period.
Roughneck guy need to go. I still can't believe he didn't go last week.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tfactor on Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:35 am

See what I was thinking about Scott is that - he's choosen unknown songs so far but has still received high votes. So if he starts picking popular stuff now: I think he has a chance to go all the way. Plus I keep thinking with Scott re-writing, composing & the twists he puts on the songs - that will come out a lot more with more well known material. That alone places him on Adam's level as far as musical ability. I don't know - Scott is one person I think will definitely have a successful album after the show end - regardless if he wins or not. I can say the same for only a couple others. Obviously whoever wins; gets pushed into our faces but looking at these people - think who would still do well even if they lose this year?

Just a thought
T
tfactor
KING SMARMY

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:40 pm

Uh-oh. I think Twitter's ruining me for complete paragraphs. I can now only think in short bursts of up to 140 characters... I'll stick 'em all together for you...

...Good job acknowledging The Funk Brothers, however fleetingly... Does Smokey Robinson have BLUE eyes? Is he an albino?... Randy keeps fucking up "'Noop Dogg." He thinks it's "Anoop Dawg..." Dug the longer the hair on Lil. Women should never have short hair--EVER... I got goosebumps during Lil's performance. She wasn't screaming, Simon: that was the POWAH of an African goddess!...

TheBaxter wrote:...i FFed through most of the show. you know, if you only watch the singing and FF through all the prepackaged stuff, the critiques, the ads, the ALF host and judge and contestant banner, it's really only about a 1/2 hour long. then when you skip the really boring contestants (like that oil rig guy or most of the chicks) you can really save some time.

Good call. A helpful tip for the housewife on the go. You can also get away with doing chores while Idol's on in the backround. My apartment would be filthy without this show as a cornerstone of my weekly viewing. And I could never make pancakes, because the pan that I have is only big enough to make one at a time, so I have to stay in the kitchen and eat one while I'm cooking the next one. My TV swivels so I can still watch, but I don't really have to give it my undivided attention.
Last edited by RaulMonkey on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 pm

yes, this show really tests my attention span. i think i watched maybe 3 or 4 complete performances, most of them i FFed through after the first 10 or 15 seconds, once i got the gist. and i've yet to watch a single second of that michael sarver dude since he made the finals. i don't need to hear him to tell he sucks.
i'm also FFing over most of the critiques. especially randy, he's like one of those dolls with the string in the back, you pull it back and it repeats one of the 5 or 6 preprogrammed phrases it knows how to say. he's completely worthless.
also, skipped all the mentor stuff, the commercials, the talking to the contestants. really, there's a total of about 8 minutes of stuff worth watchiing out of two hours of tv on this show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:38 pm

Megan or Michael need to go. Scott seriously needs to up his game. Alexis should still be on the show!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Alexis should still be on the show!

This is the truth.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:28 pm

SARVER IS TOAST!!!

'bout frickin' time!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:29 am

Fievel wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:Alexis should still be on the show!

This is the truth.

i didn't think she was that good of a singer, but the show definitely needs more eye candy, so i agree on those terms.
this top ten is a total sausage fest.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:30 am

RogueScribner wrote:SARVER IS TOAST!!!

'bout frickin' time!

the show just became 500% more tolerable.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 am

TheBaxter wrote:
RogueScribner wrote:SARVER IS TOAST!!!

'bout frickin' time!

the show just became 500% more tolerable.

He sure took it well, too. He knew he wasn't that good. He was just having a good time up there. But yeah, he sucked.

PS Stevie Wonder kicks ass.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 am

DVR's rock.
I saw Simon look at him and say "You're going home" and it immediately stopped.
And that was after I Fast-Forwarded through the entire show (minus Steve singing Superstition).

Can't believe Matt was in the bottom two.
That was just wrong.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 am

Fievel wrote:DVR's rock.
And that was after I Fast-Forwarded through the entire show (minus Steve singing Superstition).

Too funny, that is EXACTLY what my wife and I did.

Fievel wrote:Can't believe Matt was in the bottom two.
That was just wrong.

Looks like he couldn't believe it either. This guy doesn't do anything for me personally, but out of the remaining dudes, I guess he's towards the top of my list. I hate Danny Gorkey. HATE.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:56 am

so sorry wrote:
Fievel wrote:DVR's rock.

Too funny, that is EXACTLY what my wife and I did.

I will NEVER watch a results show live.
Too much fluff and life is too short.
I thought I heard that the results shows were only going to be a half hour this season.
Apparently not.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Holy Shit was that the worst lip syncing ever last night? The blind guy was about 10 inches to the right of the microphone in his face, and everyone else coyly put the mike in front of their mouths in an attempt to hide it. Horrible. And good riddance to the hot blonde with big bewbs. Sorry, but her singing "style" was annoying as hell.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:20 pm

so sorry wrote:Holy Shit was that the worst lip syncing ever last night? The blind guy was about 10 inches to the right of the microphone in his face, and everyone else coyly put the mike in front of their mouths in an attempt to hide it. Horrible. And good riddance to the hot blonde with big bewbs. Sorry, but her singing "style" was annoying as hell.

yeah, but with the volume muted, she was the most watchable. 8 singers left, and there is officially no eye candy left on the show.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:50 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:Holy Shit was that the worst lip syncing ever last night? The blind guy was about 10 inches to the right of the microphone in his face, and everyone else coyly put the mike in front of their mouths in an attempt to hide it. Horrible. And good riddance to the hot blonde with big bewbs. Sorry, but her singing "style" was annoying as hell.

yeah, but with the volume muted, she was the most watchable. 8 singers left, and there is officially no eye candy left on the show.

Agreed 100%.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm glad Caw! Caw! Girl is gone. Alexis made for wonderful eye candy (yes, I'm still bitter!).

Only 2 girls left! And one of them has been in the bottom 3 several times.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial