Herc's Seen GALACTICA's 2nd Season Premiere!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Herc's Seen GALACTICA's 2nd Season Premiere!

Postby Moriarty on Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:52 am

Moriarty
BOMB IN RIBCAGE

Postby Shan on Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:11 pm

Let me just say that Hercules is a lucky, lucky man for having seen this when he did. Australia ... *sigh*
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

fucking brilliant

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:14 pm

This show has blown me away. The writing, the acting, the music, the special effects, the palsy-cam... all fucking genius. I now believe that this is the BEST show on television.

Hate the new theme music though. Kind of pretentious.

Oh and I am kind of pissed. I really wanted Edward James Olmos to play Command Gloval in the movie adaptation of Macross. Now it will never be, but FUCK if he didn't look just like Gloval in those flashbacks. I wonder if the producers did that on purpose?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby PVIII on Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:33 am

^The new music is actually the original music from over the pond. It aired for Skyone's credits, but when Bonnie Hammer first heard it she found it a bit too depressing.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

crap!

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:56 am

Thanks for the history, but last seasons music was MUCH better, imo.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Shan on Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:32 am

Well, finally got to see the season opener. The theme music is the UK theme but has been cut in half. The part that plays over the montage is missing. As was the montage now that I think about it ...

I more or less agree with Herc's score for the episode. It was great, leaving me definitely wanting to see what happens next *now*. I did want to see a bit more advancement in some of the multiple storylines. I guess though with the run time, unless they did a 2 episode series premiere, they couldn't do it. I guess I felt it took a little while to really kickstart but once it got going, it really got going!
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby bluebottle on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:49 pm

I really liked the episode, but i had a real problem with the acting this time round...

I feel like im nitpicking, and although i'm canadian, a lot of the performances seemed... well... canadain.

I thought Col. Tigh was about to head up to his cottage, crack a beer and say, "oh jeez, eh, that was fuckin' rough".

Boomer... uh... in that first scene when she was being taken to the brig, "what's happening? what's going on?"... seemed like she could have been a little more upset.

actually that was what it was like... watching actors not really that upset, preetending to be upset. none of it rang true.

really weird criticism of the show, i know, but it bugged me.

did anyone else notice this?

canadians shouldn't notice their own accent, but i shure as hell did, eh.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Hmmm... I actually liked Boomer's screaming. She seemed really confused.

And Tigh, jeez, he is like my favorite character on the show. BUT part of the appeal is this jerk off of an actor who does seem like he's about to go and cut down a tree or something. So that I will give you.

You know who did a good job acting in this one? Edward James Olmos. He deserves an emmy just for this episode.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:07 pm

I agree, EJO carries the other actors. Luckily the writing is real good, the show can have a few weak actors.

"the writing is real good".

hahaha. i'm an idiot. i'm not editing that cuz i can't believe i wrote that.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:16 pm

I agree about Olmos, but I was actually joking about his performance in this most recent episode. You know, because of the laying-there-bleeding-thing.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Yeah, but even lying there bleeding to death was still the best acting in the ep. :D
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby PVIII on Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Anyone here wanna bang Tricia Helfer? Just askin'. I do.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Boomer

Postby Coldfire24 on Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:37 pm

I'd bang boomer. I think her acting in this episode may have been on purpose. Like maybe the cylon in her has taken over. Maybe she was fake screaming. I mean the interigation led me to believe that. Maybe i'm just being too optimistic. I just want to see Boomer vs. Boomer when Caprica Boomer gets to galatica.
Coldfire24
AIRWOLF

Galactica: The Miniseries...

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:14 am

Do I even have to bother with it or can I just jump in and start watching the episodes? Everything I read declared that the mini was just fair to poor, but a bunch of ya'll seem to love the show, so I'm giving it a chance. (BTW, keepcool hasn't had cable or any TV feed in 4 years, so I wait for the shows on DVD)

I've got the DVD for 5 days, so I'm in no rush to watch it, I'm just curious if I should avoid it.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Shan on Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:11 am

I thought the miniseries set things up well but did drag in places. The first series was quite good for the most part, I especially thought the first two and last two episodes bookended the season exceptionally, being some of the best episodes. If you don't know what happened at the end of the first series, the season finale is brilliant and has a great surprise. (try to avoid seeing the Season 2 opener before then).
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby PVIII on Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:59 am

I too enjoyed the miniseries. I'm not sure exactly why it was shat on as much as it was. I guess in some instances it did drag and got a bit too wordy, but it set up things well, and gave enough character background for me to actually care.

Also, I rewatched scattered last night, and there are some pretty sweet CGI shots when apollo's trying to shoot down the transport.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby PVIII on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:22 am

Galactica's ratings in. Just superb news.

Battlestar Galactica began its second season with its highest-rated episode to date, a 2.6 household rating (3.1 million viewers).

from scifi.com.

Sweetness.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:59 pm

What about a the robot-doggy? The Dino, he hasn't a seen a the new BSG yet... but he like a the robot-doggy inna the original.
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:10 pm

No monkey in dog suit... and weirdly enough, no Boxy.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Shan on Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:26 am

Fortunately, we've managed to avoid a lot of the sillier stuff in the new series. Which is not to say that they haven't occasionally created a handful of daft moments all of their own.
Shan
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby PVIII on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:42 pm

Last night's episode was killer. If anyone notice, the episode was written by two Carnivale vets who Ron must've stolen. The lazy bastard hasn't written any scripts so far, so I don't know what the fuck he's been up to. Hasn't even updated his Blog in 4 months. Lazy Struggling Background Artist.

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby Adam Balm on Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:57 pm

I may just start watching this show. Would it be completely pointless to jump in now watching it, or must it be viewed from the beginning? I have the same problem keeping me from watching Lost.
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:41 pm

Skip Lost... give Galactica a try.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:43 pm

ADAMBALM...

Since I lack cable/broadcast TV, I just wait for the shows on DVD. Thusly I have only seen the mini (based on the recommendations of my fellow Zoners) and it's pretty damn good. Had some faults, some things they hopefully ironed out during the course of the season, but I think they set up the series nicely.

Speaking of the DVD, since Best Buy (or whatever chain has them) has exclusive rights, does that mean it won't be available as a rental until the other version comes out? Since I haven't seen it in at my video store yet, I'll assume that's the case.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Ugh... the other version with the mini is coming out in just 2 months. Take a deep breath. Herc's been all over this like brown on rice.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:03 pm

Wow, 2x03 was FANTASTIC. I just watched it, and i'm at a complete loss for words.

Two shakey episodes and then the show is back on track.

Nicely done.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby PVIII on Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:21 pm

Um, someone needs to tell me how the Galactica TB on the main site degenerated into wheather or not homosexuality is genetic. What's wrong with those guys? And why do we have to become like that?

PVIII
"It's an Illusion!"--GOB
PVIII
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby bluebottle on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Because TB's don't have moderators.

We'll have moderators, to go, "STAY ON TOPIC".

It'll be fine.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Coaxial