Need help from Classic Godzilla-esque monster movie fans

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Need help from Classic Godzilla-esque monster movie fans

Postby Hoggle on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:32 pm

Been trying to track down the music in a commercial thats beens playing on TV lately

The commercial is a Netzero commercial, that uses a clip of an old classic black & white godzilla-esque movie clip.

I figured if we could ID the movie, we could ID the music. (assuming the music in the commercial is fromt he same movie)

Anyway, here is a link:

http://www.untd.com/commercials.html

Scroll down to the one that says BRACE YOURSELF in the thumbnail. The commercial is called "Big Big Savings".

Im pretty conifdent one of you guys will probably know the movie soon as you see it, since you guys are the experts on those old flicks

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jack
Hoggle
GLIB

Postby Brocktune on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:55 pm

i couldnt identify the piece, but i can almost guarantee you that that music is not from the monster movie that that clip is from. its probably just some needle drop. in case you dont know what needle drop is, it is the musical equivalent to stock footage. very cheap, and no rights hassles.
Brocktune
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby buster00 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:31 am

Brock's probably right. It's likely either a needle drop or an original composition meant to approximate the "sound" of old monster movie music. That way, no royalties.

Looks like they have contact info on the untd website, though...maybe drop 'em a line and see if they can put you in touch with their ad agency?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby fried samurai on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:27 pm

I believe the film is The Giant Behemoth.Its been years since I've seen it and I cant get sound on my computer but if the music is like DUHN DUHN DUHN!! its from the film.

The same director also made The Beast From 20,000 Fanthoms.Both had similiar themes.Ray Harryhausen did the fx for The Beast and Willis O'Brien did the fx for Behemoth.
fried samurai
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Hoggle on Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:58 pm

fried samurai wrote:I believe the film is The Giant Behemoth.Its been years since I've seen it and I cant get sound on my computer but if the music is like DUHN DUHN DUHN!! its from the film.

The same director also made The Beast From 20,000 Fanthoms.Both had similiar themes.Ray Harryhausen did the fx for The Beast and Willis O'Brien did the fx for Behemoth.

Ahhh your amazing... looked up that movie and found this page:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/behemoth/index.htm l

That had some pics form the movie including this one which is fromt he scene in the commercial:

I knew I could count on you guy to find the movie for me. Much appreciated.

IMDB lists the composer of the score as Edwin Astley. Hes done tons of music. Trying to track down the soundtrack now.

Also, I emailed Netzero but never got a reply :\
Hoggle
GLIB

Postby buster00 on Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Shows what the fuck I know.

pwnt.

(Nice work, Fried!)
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Return to Coaxial