New Wreckage Findings About Titanic

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

New Wreckage Findings About Titanic

Postby backoff on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:49 am

In a recent voyage to Titanic, a group of explorers and scientists found new wreckage about 1,500 feet from the ship. The 2 large, intact pieces of the ship’s bottom are now evidence to support a new theory about the way the ship sank. Now they think there was actually an earlier impact with ice before the "famous" one we all know about! This would have caused the ship break in half a different way and sink faster than previously thought. There will be a documentary about the voyage premiering on the 26th. The hosts of Deep Sea detective will be on Good Morning America tomorrow morning, feb. 18. Hopefully they will have some more details and stuff.
backoff
GLIB

Postby Adam Balm on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:02 am

Interesting. Where is the show premiering exactly?
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Garbage Man on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:07 am

From Zap2It's TV listings:

Title: Titanic's Final Moments: Missing Pieces
Description: Expeditions lead to the recovery of two large, intact sections of the Titanic's bottom hull and allow for further analysis of the tragedy.
Showing:
2/26/2006 9:00PM 37 HISTP
2/27/2006 1:00AM 37 HISTP (The History Channel)
The Garbage Man
AIRWOLF

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 am

Ack, I hope it'll repeat. It probably will.

Hey, can we debate about whether they should take stuff from the wreck??
Lady Sheridan
RED

Postby buster00 on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:27 am

Why shouldn't they?

Are there fish in some North Atlantic trench who can put the stuff to better use?
buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Iconoclastica on Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:40 am

So does this mean that Cameron is gonna pull a Lucas and go back and mess with his original to make it "true to form"?

(this under the false precedence that Cameron's original film was anything even remotely comparable to SWOT . . . and that Lucas's version of "true to form" was based on uncovered physical evidence on the nature of Anakin Skywalker's eyebrows)

:wink:

I am Jack's broken heart
Iconoclastica
DEADLY ZONETTE

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:08 am

Why shouldn't they ( retrieve artifacts from the wreck site)? Well, technically, its called grave robbing.

Speaking personally though, these are historical artifacts that should be salvaged if possible. Its not like there are still bodies down there.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby havocSchultz on Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:13 am

i re-visited titanic recently too - i realized that kate winslet does have a pretty nice package - leo is scrawny and i'm not sure why women find him really hot - the acting was ok - and billy zane was teh bomb... unfortuantely - not many people saw thismovie the 1st time out - so now maybe with titanic in the news again - maybe cameron will just re-release - or - better yet - remake it - and maybe it can finally find the audience it deserves...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby The Vicar on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:14 am

Kate Winslet........

Sorry, I lost my train of thought.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby Lady Sheridan on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 pm

See, I'm of the opinion that it is of no real historical value. It's not like Egyptian tombs, where we learn about a vanished culture. The Titanic was exhaustively documented before it even set sail. You're not learning anything by picking up china.

That being said, I don't really care if they pick up china. But I thought it was creepy when they picked up the shoes sitting on the bottom. Some things should be left in peace.
Lady Sheridan
RED

Return to Coaxial