Supergirl!!!!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:46 am

Too old for wonder woman. Everybody knows she is only 5. Duh :roll:
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:53 am

Zing!
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RaulMonkey on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:05 am

WB/DC needs to be very careful that this doesn't become their ELEKTRA--ie, completely unnecessary and bloats their universe to a point of exasperation.

And I just want to take this moment to record AtomicHyperbole's sig on the official record, 'cause it's fucking hilarious, wherever it came from:

"Mmm. A little citrus. Maybe some strawberry. Mmm. Passion fruit. Mmm. And—ah, there's just, like, the faintest … soupçon of like, uh, asparagus and there's a—just a flutter of, like, a—like a nutty Edam cheese."

burlives' pics make me laugh every time too
RaulMonkey
ZONE AMBASSADOR

Postby Leckomaniac on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:40 am

Raul I think someone said that Atomic's sig was from Sideways...but I could be wrong.

And I completely understand your point about not making this into an Elektra-esque movie.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:18 pm

bump it like you got a pair...
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:25 pm

I thought there was a thread on this already, but seeing as the other thread had gone on for so long I figured the Mods hat let it be. So, in a way, this is all YOUR fault Bodgerators!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I thought there was a thread on this already, but seeing as the other thread had gone on for so long I figured the Mods hat let it be. So, in a way, this is all YOUR fault Bodgerators!

i blame John"I'm too good to moderate my own forum"Locke.

and bluebottle.

and his fucking dog.
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 pm

I just blame Kirks.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:34 pm

I blame Gaffney.

And Herc.

Actually I blame KCBC for bringing it to our attention. We were enjoying blissful ignorance until now.

Someone go gather up all those Elisha Cuthbert pics from the other thread and bring them in here please.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Adam Balm on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Hey since this is a new thread can I do the 'Didn't Bryan Singer do Supergirl last year' joke? Can I?

Can I? Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh?
Adam Balm
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:37 pm

Since bluebottle isn't here and considering this situation, I will be the guy that says:

If only we could use some futuristic advanced technology to somehow MERGE threads.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:41 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:If only we could use some futuristic advanced technology to somehow MERGE threads.

I've been working on it, but I've got a different prototype in the works that's been dominating my time of late.

Someone's gonna need a bigger boat...and some anti-aircraft guns.

WTF were we talking about again?
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 pm

I can merge the 2 threads. I like seeing 2 Supergirls get all close and come together like this.

Only thing is, you Mod lot won't let me.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I can merge the 2 threads. I like seeing 2 Supergirls get all close and come together like this.

only 12 more posts until absolute POWAH!!

DANCE MONKEY!
Lord Voldemoo

Postby buster00 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:46 pm

SALVAGED!

buster00
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 am

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:I can merge the 2 threads. I like seeing 2 Supergirls get all close and come together like this.

DANCE MONKEY!

Not sure why but here I go...!

Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:07 am

Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

DANCE MONKEY!

Ok:

1) Best pic ever.

2) Please tell me you didn't see THIS EARLIER POST* before you posted that, because if you didn't, then your post above, as great as it is, is 10,000 times funnier. :lol:

*unedited, and you can tell because I misspelled "facetious"
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
Bob Poopflingius Maximus wrote:
Lord Voldemoo wrote:

DANCE MONKEY!

Ok:

1) Best pic ever.

2) Please tell me you didn't see THIS EARLIER POST* before you posted that, because if you didn't, then your post above, as great as it is, is 10,000 times funnier. :lol:

*unedited, and you can tell because I misspelled "facetious"

I did not and I still did not cause I ain't getting anything when I click on that URL...
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:08 pm

It was really funny, until the thread got frakkin' deleted.

Basically it was an earlier post by me that said "DANCE MONKEY...sit down Bob, I was being facetious."
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Bob Samonkey on Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:29 pm

HA! That’s great. My jokes are getting stale and predictable…no wait a minute, that’s not great. :(
Bob Samonkey
Große Fäuste

Postby instant_karma on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Adam Balm wrote:Hey since this is a new thread can I do the 'Didn't Bryan Singer do Supergirl last year' joke? Can I?

Can I? Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh?

My lawyers are watching you...
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Re: Supergirl!!!!

Postby TheButcher on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:38 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:53 am

I'm guessing her agent started the rumor.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheButcher on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm guessing her agent started the rumor.

It was probably Kanye.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 am

From The Superman Homepage:
June 7, 2012: Are Warner Bros. Considering a New Supergirl Movie?
Steve Younis wrote:MovieHole.net reports that a new Supergirl clothing-line is the first phase in a company-wide push by Warner Bros. to get Supergirl back out there, with a possible film in development.

The first attack in a new all-encompassing marketing blitz thatll hopefully see young teenage girls go gaga for the 'Supergirl' brand - the same way they do, say, Minnie Mouse or Dora the Explorer - is about to begin in the form of a massive clothing and merchandising launch that'll put Kara's 'S' in a million places at once. Those involved in the launch of this new Supergirl garb blitz say their job is merely the first cog in a massive wheel that'll spin out new 'Supergirl' material over the next couple of years. One of the other cogs, of course, is the feature film that'll relaunch Supergirl back onto the big screen for the first time since 1984.

Now this, mind you, is not something my contacts know a lot about - being that it's not 'their department' but what they do know is plans are definitely afoot to bring 'Supergirl' back to our screens. And soon.

Source: MovieHole.net.

RogueScribner wrote:You know, Supergirl has a certain cheesy charm to it. I always wished that it was a slightly better film that could have warranted some sequels, but it's probably better that it didn't happen. The Salkinds never seemed to be concerned with quality, alas.

ComicsAlliance Reviews 'Supergirl' (1984), Part One
ComicsAlliance Reviews 'Supergirl' (1984), Part Two
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 am

‘Man of Steel’ Preview Comic Confirms Supergirl’s Existence in Movie Universe
Andrew Dyce wrote:While we would warn that this is anything but a confirmation that Supergirl will be featured, alluded to, or given a brief cameo in Man of Steel, it does open the door for the future.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:25 am

Chloe Moretz: The Female Characters In The Comics Are The Kryptonite
Actress, Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2) talked to Total Film at the Sundance Film Festival about how women are portrayed in the comics and her desire to see a strong comic book female character on the big screen!
She should play Supergirl.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Spandau Belly on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:13 pm

TheButcher wrote:She should play Supergirl.

I've got casting ideas of my own!

Spandau Belly
self-fellating peacock

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:34 am

The ROCK is going to be PowerGirl!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:50 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:25 am

Supergirl Takes Flight With TV Series From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler
Nellie Andreeva wrote:On the heels of the success of Arrow and the strong buzz for its upcoming offshoot The Flash — both co-created and executive produced by Greg Berlanti — the top producer is looking to transition another popular DC superhero character to the small screen. I’ve learned that Berlanti has teamed with Ali Adler, who worked on his ABC series No Ordinary Family, for a TV series based on Supergirl. Warner Bros. TV, which is behind all DC TV series, will produce with Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods..

I hear the project, which is still in development, will be a new interpretation of the Supergirl character and her story. Adler will write the script and will executive produce with Berlanti Prods.’ Berlanti and Sarah Schechter. DC’s Geoff Johns, who has been involved in both Arrow and The Flash, is also expected to be part of the project but it is unclear at this time what his role will be. The Supergirl show doesn’t have a name yet. I hear the producers are considering several options that need to be cleared, including Super and Girl. The project is expected to be taken out in a couple of weeks and pitched to the major networks the way WBTV and DC did with their high profile Batman prequel Gotham, which landed at Fox with a big commitment. The Supergirl series had been in the works at WBTV for some time with Berlanti and Adler. Contrary to a report that was picked up by a number of outlets, Michael Green has had no involvement in the project.

The Supergirl character was created by writer Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino in 1959. There had been several characters that had assumed the caped girl persona, most notably Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, who shares his super powers and vulnerability to Kryptonite. There has been a push to get more female superhero characters in comic books and on the big and small screens. Marvel has a Jessica Jones series in pre-production at Netflix.
Last edited by TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:26 am

Supergirl TV Series in the Works
Lesley Goldberg wrote:Adler, who worked with Berlanti on ABC's superhero dramedy No Ordinary Family, will pen is expected to pen the script, with Berlanti on board to produce via his WBTV-based Berlanti Productions banner. DC's Geoff Johns is also expected to have a role in the Supergirl project, which is in the early stages of development and expected to be taken out to networks soon. Johns exec produces Arrow and The Flash.

Also unclear is if it will be an hour or half-hour as well as a potential title for the project, which is based on the DC Comics character created by Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino in 1959. She first appeared in Action Comics as a female counterpart to Superman. Adler and Berlanti's take is expected to be a new interpretation of the character and her story. Sources tell THR that the project will not be called Supergirl.

The Supergirl entry comes as comic book adaptations are poised to have a major presence on the upcoming fall schedule. In addition to Berlanti's CW series Arrow, he has spinoff The Flash at the network. Both hail from WBTV and DC Entertainment, which also are behind Fox's Batman/Jim Gordon prequel Gotham, NBC's Hellblazer take Constantine and The CW's iZombie adaptation. On the Marvel side, ABC has Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter.
For its part, WBTV and The CW also took two stabs at bringing DC's Wonder Woman to the small screen with a 2012 origin story coming a year after NBC passed on its David E. Kelley take on the iconic female hero.

Berlanti, meanwhile, already has one sale this development season. He's prepping Blindspot, a naked amnesiac drama for NBC, expanding his relationship with the network behind his adaptation of fall drama The Mysteries of Laura. Adler's credits include Glee and NBC's The New Normal.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Greg Berlanti's 'Supergirl' Lands at CBS With Series Commitment
Lesley Goldberg wrote:Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler's Supergirl has a home: CBS.

CBS has landed the high-profile DC Comics adaptation, handing out a hefty series commitment, The Hollywood Reporter has lear

The hourlong drama, taken out last week, centers on Kara Zor-El, Superman's cousin, who was born on the planet Krypton and escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she has been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. (The character was previously played by Laura Vandervoort on The CW's Superman origin story Smallville.)

Berlanti and Adler, who previously teamed on ABC's superhero drama No Ordinary Family, will pen the script and executive produce the drama via Berlanti Productions' Warner Bros. Television-based banner. Berlanti Productions' topper Sarah Schecter also executive produces.

The Supergirl pickup also means all five of the broadcast networks could have superhero-themed series on the air next season, with DC properties on four of the five. Fox on Monday launches its highly anticipated Batman prequel Gotham — which like Supergirl started with a series commitment; NBC has Hellblazer take Constantine due in October; CW has Flash and Arrow; and ABC, via Disney's deal with Marvel, has Agents of SHIELD and bridge series Agent Carter. For its part, Netflix also has four Marvel series and a mini, starting with Daredevil.

Comic adaptations are the fall's biggest bet, with many producers telling THR that the wave comes as superheroes continue to dominate the box office and as the technology to tell such stories has evolved, among other factors. AMC's The Walking Dead, TV's biggest drama in the key adults 18-49 demographic, is also based on a comic and the network is tapping that well for a companion series eyed for 2015. Other cable networks — as well as Sony's PlayStation — have also joined the fray, with comic takes on Powers, Preacher, Outcast, Ronin, Clone, Titans, Scalped and more.

Supergirl now gives Berlanti three shows based on characters from the DC Comics universe. It joins The CW veteran Arrow and upcoming spinoff The Flash. It also comes as Berlanti's newest drama, NBC's Mysteries of Laura adaptation, opened to strong viewership this week. Supergirl is Berlanti's third sale this development season and second at CBS. He also has supernatural procedural The Things They Left Behind based on a Stephen King short story set up at CBS with a put-pilot commitment and FBI thriller Blindspot at NBC with a script plus penalty attached.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:53 pm

‘Supergirl’ Drama From Greg Berlanti & Ali Adler Lands CBS Series Commitment
Nellie Andreeva wrote:Supergirl, Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler’s drama based on the DC female superhero, has landed at CBS with a series commitment. The deal closed last night, a day after the project was taken out to the broadcast networks on Wednesday. I hear the size of commitment eclipses the series commitment DC Batman drama Gotham got at Fox last fall. Warner Bros. TV is producing with studio-based Berlanti Prods.

The Supergirl character was created by writer Otto Binder and designed by artist Al Plastino in 1959. Of the several women who have assumed the caped girl persona in the comics, the Berlanti-Adler series will feature the most popular one: Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, who shares his super powers and vulnerability to Kryptonite. Unlike WBTV’s long-running Superman series Smallville, which focused on the superhero’s journey up to acquiring the powers and becoming Superman, Supergirl starts with Kara beginning to use her abilities.

Born on the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-El escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Berlanti and Adler will write the script and executive produce with Berlanti Prods.’ Sarah Schechter. Also closely involved in the development of the project has been DC Entertainment’s chief creative officer Geoff Johns.

cbs logoWhile CBS may look as a surprising home for a younger-skewing superhero drama, it was the only broadcast network without a comic book series. Additionally, CBS has been making a push in female-lead dramas with Extant, Madam Secretary and CSI: Cyber joining staple The Good Wife.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:06 am

7 IGN:
7 Actresses Who Could Play Supergirl
7 days ago - With the news of DC's Kara Zor-El getting her own TV series on CBS, we pick a few names who could definitely fill Supergirl's red boots.
    Gina Rodriguez
    Aimee Garcia
    Génesis Rodríguez
    Lauren London
    Sharon Leal
    Paula Patton
    Meagan Good
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:50 pm

JOHNS on DC Comics TV Slate: ‘Well Past Time There’s a Female Superhero Out There’
Supergirl is on the way, and no Easter Egg is a throwaway, DC CCO Geoff Johns said in a new interview.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Cyborg Superman Will Be In the SUPERGIRL TV Show

Along with Jimmy Olsen and Cat Grant.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:51 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:36 am

'The Originals' Boss on the Fallout From the Rebekah Twist
What do the events of the midseason finale mean for co-star Claire Holt?
Marisa Roffman wrote:Holt, meanwhile, is among the actresses testing to star in CBS' Supergirl, which has a hefty series commitment attached. (Sources tell THR that Holt is not expected to get the part.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:16 pm

From Collider 3.0!:
Melissa Benoist Takes Title Role in SUPERGIRL TV Series

'Glee,' 'Whiplash' Breakout Set as CBS' 'Supergirl'
Melissa Benoist will star in the Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler drama based on the DC Comics character.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 pm

TheButcher wrote:From Collider 3.0!:

Melissa Benoist will star in the Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler drama based on the DC Comics character.

My excitement level for this show depends on the costume... 8-)
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:04 am

so sorry wrote:
TheButcher wrote:From Collider 3.0!:

My excitement level for this show depends on the costume... 8-)

I wanna see Power Girl too!
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: Supergirl's Pal Jimmy Olsen!!!!

Postby TheButcher on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm

CBS' 'Supergirl' Enlists Former Superman Dean Cain, Supergirl Helen Slater
For mystery roles in the DC Comics take starring Melissa Benoist.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:14 pm

'Supergirl' Melissa Benoist Revealed in First CBS Photos
'Arrow' and 'The Flash's' Colleen Atwood designed the costume for the CBS pilot based on the DC Comics character.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Fri May 01, 2015 3:02 am

10 TV Pilots Likely to Score Series Pickups
Lesley Goldberg wrote:7. Supergirl (CBS)

After early rumors that the DC Comics take from Ali Adler and Arrow/Flash masterminds Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg was facing trouble (being shopped to The CW), the tide changed after CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler saw the final cut and loved it. The Melissa Benoist starrer was always considered too expensive to move to the younger-skewing network and a pickup could present a larger question for CBS: where to schedule it. Some sources suggested a summer run could be on the table where it could be paired with sci-fi fare like Under the Dome, Extant and Zoo. A summer run could also give the network an edge in the increasingly crowded comic book space, with only AMC's Fear the Walking Dead expected to set up shop there.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 07, 2015 12:34 am

'Supergirl' Ordered to Series at CBS
CBS is officially in the superhero business.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Thu May 14, 2015 4:59 am

Supergirl - First Look
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Thu May 14, 2015 8:45 am

TheButcher wrote:Supergirl - First Look

Yeesh.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Fri May 15, 2015 9:34 am

more like Super Ally McBeal... starring the real Ally McBeal, just in case people didn't notice.

well, at least they gave away every single story beat from the first season, so there's no reason to watch it.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial