BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

Postby bluebottle on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:31 am

I'm sick of talking about the newest episode each week in the thread that's spawned from Herc's "scooped" tv-guide blurb/link to amazon "post".

(as a side note, Herc is the devil, and IT is all his fault)

Why not just one thread to talk about the series, and then whatever the current episode is?

That's what I think, and I'm sticking to it.

The new episode is still a day away (and most of us won't see it until Saturday... *cough*), but here is a fresh new minty thread to discuss the new Battlestar Galactica.

Keep it nice and clean.

Note: Any discussion of Stargate shall be frowned upon.
Last edited by bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:38 am

Funny, I haven't seen 2.6 either. Thanks blue.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:45 am

Goddamn it, I keep a forgetting to watch a the DVD... I haven't a seen any of a the new series yet. Until a that day, forever inna my mind, Galactica will a be Boxey anna the monkey/dog robot thingy, eh?
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby so sorry on Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:54 am

Well, since noone's starting anything yet, I'll give it a go.

I think BG is a pretty good show, and i definitly watch it when I'm channel surfing, but I haven't gotten its schedule burned into my head yet. I always seem to forget to watch it, you know what i mean?
So wehn i do catch a new episode (like this past week), I never quite sure what the hell is going on. So i'll ask a few general question that i hope to have answered:
what the hell is the significance of that gold arrow?
why did that rebel colony of humans not try an save all those pregnant women?
why is there no robot dog?
When will they fire the Wave Motion Gun?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:01 am

I can answer the Arrow question, it's meant to be taken to Kobol, where it will open something that shows them the way to Earth, Starbuck was asked to go back and retrieve it by the President before she was arrested, Adama had already refused permission to go if I remember correctly.
Last edited by John-Locke on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:09 am

Kobol.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:18 am

Thats what I said, Kobol.

Putz, and don't start on the cunting Queens Buttery baps again.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:21 am

Lard Butter Sammich
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:51 am

My theory (probably wrong), Baltar is the Imperious-Leader
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:14 am

Hey, has anybody ever seen the pony-tail "launch-when-ready" chick from OBG in anything else? She was awsome. Sombody should start a fan-club or a website or something.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:03 am

Saw it last night. Another great episode from the season. Two really big and exciting moments involving Sharon, whom I love. The actresses, who I will call Kimberly Ho, is doing an amazing job, imo. Sure, she looks like Boomer, but fuck, she doesn't act like Battlestar Boomer. So how come they don't ask her how she is rebelling?

Also, the teaser for next week made me giggle like a school boy with a big can of Jesus Juice.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:04 am

Wonka, what the heck is the screen grab from?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:08 pm

This weeks episode was AMAZING. I just finished watching it.

I really like Dee and umm... Mr. Kada? Anyway, they're becoming my favorite characters.

Exciting ep, can't wait until next week. I like how original Apollo is planning to kill New Apollo.

Why do captains of space ships always have toy boats to play with when they're waxing poetic?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:20 pm

It's a sailor thing.

I loved that Helo was on Caprica for all of season 1 and then suddenly he gets back to the fleet and he's all, "Wait, what?" with all the details that he missed.

"Are we gonna do what the nice lady says?"
"That nice lady is The President of the Colonies, and yes."
"Huh?"
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:31 pm

Yeah, that was great... I would have never thought about it until that moment. Helo's got a lot of catching up to do. It'll be fun to see him reunited with Galactica.

I can't wait until Adama and the Chief see Boomer.

And I think Wonka is right, they're setting Baltar up to be the Imperious Leader... Getting him to see things from a Cylon perspective, AND grooming him for leadership.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:39 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Wonka, what the heck is the screen grab from?
FRIDAY THE 13th 3-D
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:49 pm

WTF scene is that! I am thoroughly skieved.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:57 pm

You know the crazy old man in town that says shit like, "you're all doomed" at the beginning of friday movies? Well this is the one in part three. This time he shows the doomed teenagers an eyeball he's found. Naturally, since it was in 3-D....he decides to show us too.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:26 pm

Nast
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:56 pm

I know, I get a little queasy every time i see it.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby John-Locke on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:31 pm

Just seen the episode, pretty good one. Not enough Baltar though. I liked it when the annoying Religious woman stod on the mine, she was getting on my nerves. Oh and I hope James Remar survives the next episode to become a regular, but I bet he gets capped next week. Hot Dog is one funny son of a bitch. What did they show on the teaser for next week?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:37 pm

Next week is Adama putting the fleet back together and some drama about Adama going to Kobol to join the search for The Tomb of Athena. Expect at least one shoot-out and some Cylon booty being shaken in Baltar's face.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:53 pm

I liked the guy in outland talkbacks who mentioned the same three lame-ass cylons show up every week.

I want a spin off with them.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Larrytron, Curlytron, and Moetron.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:04 pm

Yeah like the Cylons don't even give a shit about Kobol, but these yahoos are totally lost and just happen to stumble into the Colonials week after week. Like when they accidentally crashed on the Galactica.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:52 am

I've got a confession to make: I hate Adama. And unless things change, I might not be watching this show in the future. It really came to a head this week with the press conference scene. "Who the fuck does Adama think he is?" I just can't get that question out of my head when he's on screen. Maybe because I understand where Laura is coming from much more, her choices regarding the control/power issues just make more sense. Not that I like the religious angle in RL, but for this fictional show, it makes sense.

Dualla stepping up to Adama like she did was the awesomest thing I've seen on this show. I love that girl.

I'm rooting for Boomer. Whatever her plan is, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it. Especially if it involves sex with Helo and/or Tyrol.

I like the whole Cylon and their religion theme. I even like the idea of them trying to procreate and thinking they need love. Six is the emotionally neediest character on the show and I love the added complexity of her doing her mission (my words) for her god.

And I have no problem with Starbuck as a girl (cuz I never saw the old BSG), but why are female characters that have great power/control in manly fields (piloting, poker, sex, that pyramid game, smoking) always such emotional fuck-ups? After last week I had moved Kara from my "Needs to Die" list to my "Ok, s/he can stick around a little while longer" list, but she got moved back after last night.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:49 am

lyra belacqua wrote:I've got a confession to make: I hate Adama.

But... he wants to put the family back together... He's going to do the right thing! He was just stubborn. He's coming around...

I'm rooting for Boomer. Whatever her plan is, I have a feeling I'm gonna like it. Especially if it involves sex with Helo and/or Tyrol.

Ain't no plan like a "sexy" plan.

I'm excited about Boomer's storyline as well, as long as it doesn't turn into a "i want to be human" thing...
I like the whole Cylon and their religion theme. I even like the idea of them trying to procreate and thinking they need love. Six is the emotionally neediest character on the show and I love the added complexity of her doing her mission (my words) for her god.
I like how the Cylon's are so driven and believe that they are doing "gods work". At the same time, I hope it's not their only motivation, I hope there are more reasons as to why they hate humans.

I just don't want to Cylons to turn out to be a bunch of religious nuts... and nothing else.

And I have no problem with Starbuck as a girl (cuz I never saw the old BSG), but why are female characters that have great power/control in manly fields (piloting, poker, sex, that pyramid game, smoking) always such emotional fuck-ups?

Show me ANY great character (as in well written) and I'll show you a character that has emotional issues. It's part of making the character complex. If she was great (as in "good pilot"), but had no problems, she'd be boring.

It has nothing to do with her being a girl.

*ahem* look at Spike.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:45 pm

Well, Adama better turn around quickly.

I hope there are more reasons as to why they hate humans.

I don't think they hate humans. I think they want to understand them, to punish them, and to forgive them-like many childrea of abusive parents. I think that the Cylons needed something to focus on in their lives and they wound up at religion, something unique to the human experience. But unlike humanity, I'm starting to worry because we haven't meet a Cylon non-believer.

It has nothing to do with her being a girl.

*ahem* look at Spike.

Actually, I guess what I meant to say about Kara being a girl was that she shouldn't be so superhuman. Kara needs to fail, she needs to be humbled, at least for me to ever find sypathy for her. And maybe that's just me. The thing about Spike was that 1-he failed emotionally & psycically from the first time we met him and 2-we could watch his growth and change. I want to see Kara's growth and not just her realization of her feelings for Lee. That is outward and will never work (or should never work) until Kara's matured in her mind. Last week's episode had a glaring example: Simon was able to get to her because of her childhood abuse. She's a classic broken doll that overcompensates to never feel weak again. I need more.
I've read some critiques of BSG that were all praising of the male-female equalness culture of the show. I see it and I like that, but it doesn't pull through to their characters.

I hope that made sense. :)
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:09 pm

Funny, I hate Laura. I really do. I can't believe anybody listens to her. I've learned to tolerate her, but the episode where she dies is the one I'm really looking forward to.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:43 pm

I feel the same about Adama, but I'd really like him to be a Cylon, even though it's never gonna happen.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:51 pm

I love Adama. That "if they want to make a suicide-run to Kobol, let them" line was awsome. I dug how the second he came-to he was an even bigger dick than Tigh. That was rad
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby John-Locke on Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:12 pm

I don't really like Laura or Adama, I'm rooting for Baltar, Tigh, Zarek (Who I just realised played the original Apollo) and Ellen Tigh.

Everybody else just seems to deserve it.

*******************SPOILERS**********************

Imdb has got the guest cast up for most of the season, Looks like Zarek is going to die next episode???
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:23 pm

Zarek fucking better not!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:12 pm

lyra belacqua wrote:She's a classic broken doll that overcompensates to never feel weak again.

I hope that made sense. :)

I see what you mean. If Kara was a boy, the character would be a walking talking cliché. But because she's a girl, it makes it "ok".

You're so right.

The scene a couple of weeks ago in her apartment really bothered me. The whole, "broken artist who didn't pay her bills" thing... It made me groan.

They need to give her a responsibility that she's quick to accept, arrogantly moves forward, fucks up, people die...

they did that (kinda) with her training the pilot's last season. and they tried to make us feel bad for her with the whole broken leg thing.

Hopefully they (the writers) have some plan... I just hope it isn't some "motherhood" thing... That angle last week creeped me out, "women like you don't normally want children"... Made me think, "oh god, Starbuck is going to have to choose between being a pilot and a mother, when all the pressure is on to repopulate the species".

ugh.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:46 pm

I'm waiting for her to "buzz the tower"
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:50 pm

Bluebottle wrote:
lyra belacqua wrote:
They need to give her a responsibility that she's quick to accept, arrogantly moves forward, fucks up, people die...

uh, that's been done too often before as well. She's just kinda fucked, any way you slice it. I would say kill her, but she is kinda growing on me....but maybe that's just cuz I find her attractive now.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:59 pm

You people need to go fuck corn or something. Starbuck is great the way she is.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:53 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:You people need to go fuck corn or something. Starbuck is great the way she is.

"fuck corn"??

That's the best you can come up with? Come on Burl, I was holding you and Dino up as comedy gods the other day! :P
(but I LOVELOVELOVE the dog that blames Herc)

Truthfully, the more I talk about this show, the more I'm realizing that maybe I don't like it. That's depressing, considering how much I loved it at the beginning of summer. :cry:
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:06 pm

I hate you burl.

I was going to do that.

(not with the dog, but i was going to have a sig that said... anyway)
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:21 pm

Well you ruined my chances of using this... so fuck off.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:22 pm

awwe, that's adorable.

but... seeing what's happened in the last day, aren't you kinda glad?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:31 pm

lyra belacqua wrote:Truthfully, the more I talk about this show, the more I'm realizing that maybe I don't like it. That's depressing, considering how much I loved it at the beginning of summer. :cry:

Get out.

:)
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:38 pm

lyra belacqua wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:You people need to go fuck corn or something. Starbuck is great the way she is.

"fuck corn"??

That's the best you can come up with? Come on Burl, I was holding you and Dino up as comedy gods the other day! :P
(but I LOVELOVELOVE the dog that blames Herc)

Truthfully, the more I talk about this show, the more I'm realizing that maybe I don't like it. That's depressing, considering how much I loved it at the beginning of summer. :cry:

For one... fucking corn is hysterical. You just don't get my blue state humor.

And about you losing interest: exhibit patience. While I am enjoying the fuck out of the show, this particular storyline is not any where near the fun we experienced last season, for me. But whatever. I am sticking with it because it is still better than 99% of the shit out there now.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:49 pm

Keeping in the spirit of the day.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:54 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:For one... fucking corn is hysterical. You just don't get my blue state humor.

And about you losing interest: exhibit patience. I am sticking with it because it is still better than 99% of the shit out there now.

I'm sure I'll stick with it, for fucks sake I watched all nine years of The X-Files, so a few down episodes of BSG should be tolerable. Maybe I should just watch it and not talk about it. Analyzing it gets me in trouble. :)

And please, please don't remind me I live in a red state. It's bad enough I have to interact with these people on a daily basis.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:56 pm

I watched all six seasons of Sanford and Son...

RECENTLY.

you can do it, lyra, you can stick with it... it's going to be awesome... and it gives us all something to talk about. which is nice, since most days we all just fight.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:59 pm

We have quickly become a very fucked up dysfunctional family.

Or am I the only one that actually likes some of you?
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:03 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I watched all six seasons of Sanford and Son...

RECENTLY.

you can do it, lyra, you can stick with it... it's going to be awesome... and it gives us all something to talk about. which is nice, since most days we all just fight.

That's just pathetic. I mean the Sanford and Son thing. You CanadiANS have no scruples.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:05 pm

lyra: dysfunctional? sure, in a good way! aren't you having fun?!

burl: "shut up, ya big dummy, or i'll give you one across yo lips!"
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:08 pm

Bluebottle wrote:lyra: dysfunctional? sure, in a good way! aren't you having fun?!

Of course I'm having fun. That's why I called us family.

You people have already carved a space in my heart. And fuck ya'll for doing so. :D
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Next

Return to Coaxial