BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:42 pm

Geez, Dino... get your ass to best buy and pick up season one. I don't condone wasting a lot of money on TV shows on DVD unless its Magnum PI, but I am buying Battlestar.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:27 pm

lyra belacqua wrote:Okay, I don't even like Adama, but I was soooo with him at the end. "I'm getting my men." Fuckin' A, you are baby.

FUCKING-A RIGHT!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:07 pm

wonkabar wrote:
keepcoolbutcare wrote:you know what really irks me about the show...the "press".

(roughly) 45,000 people

Mankinds on the precipice of extinction, against an enemy that outguns us, outnumbers us and has the abiltiy to imitate us yet Fox and CNN are still going strong...please. Weakest part of the show, IMHO.

I agree. I don't think "freedom of the press" would be very high on the public's priority-list under such conditions.

In this case, given the circumstances, I'd be perfectly happy if most of the press were killed. How many news feeds does a fleet of 45,000 people need? After all, are they drawing salary? Would most really work at journalism for free? Within days they should have been reassigned to more useful tasks, pressganged if necessary.

ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN go on the C Ark with the workers. CSPAN and some of NPR go on the A ark with the scientists and thinkers. FOX News, MSNBC, all radio call in shows including those on Air America, and the entire Clear Channel radio network go on the B ark with the useless wastes of oxygen.

Your friendly neighborhood former journalist.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:21 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Geez, Dino... get your ass to best buy and pick up season one. I don't condone wasting a lot of money on TV shows on DVD unless its Magnum PI, but I am buying Battlestar.

It's John Hillerman, isn't it, Burl? Actually, it's probably Roger Mosely.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby wonkabar on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:25 pm

DennisMM wrote:
wonkabar wrote:
keepcoolbutcare wrote:you know what really irks me about the show...the "press".

(roughly) 45,000 people

Mankinds on the precipice of extinction, against an enemy that outguns us, outnumbers us and has the abiltiy to imitate us yet Fox and CNN are still going strong...please. Weakest part of the show, IMHO.

I agree. I don't think "freedom of the press" would be very high on the public's priority-list under such conditions.

In this case, given the circumstances, I'd be perfectly happy if most of the press were killed. How many news feeds does a fleet of 45,000 people need? After all, are they drawing salary? Would most really work at journalism for free? Within days they should have been reassigned to more useful tasks, pressganged if necessary.

ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN go on the C Ark with the workers. CSPAN and some of NPR go on the A ark with the scientists and thinkers. FOX News, MSNBC, all radio call in shows including those on Air America, and the entire Clear Channel radio network go on the B ark with the useless wastes of oxygen.

Your friendly neighborhood former journalist.

Yeah, the Media-ship should have been the one they blew up n the mini-series...that and the lawers-guild-ship.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:34 pm

on the topic of journalists. Here in canada the CBC's locked out 5500 workers, journalists included. (For free) the journalists have started up their own news service. Much like when locked out employees of the New Yorker started up the New York review of books.

Some people see it as a calling, i guess.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 pm

Bluebottle wrote:on the topic of journalists. Here in canada the CBC's locked out 5500 workers, journalists included. (For free) the journalists have started up their own news service. Much like when locked out employees of the New Yorker started up the New York review of books.

Some people see it as a calling, i guess.

Some people, sure. But TV and radio?

Just a joke. Print guy here.
DennisMM

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:58 pm

190 posts to AIRWOLF! Hoo-yeah!

EDIT: 189 now.
DennisMM

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:22 pm

DennisMM wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Geez, Dino... get your ass to best buy and pick up season one. I don't condone wasting a lot of money on TV shows on DVD unless its Magnum PI, but I am buying Battlestar.

It's John Hillerman, isn't it, Burl? Actually, it's probably Roger Mosely.

Higgy Baby all the way. One of the greatest untold and unmentioned stories in television is the totally queer relationship between Magnum and Higgins. Oh and now try ever watching an episode again without that in your head. YOU CAN'T!

And congrats on your soon to be Airwolfedness.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:25 pm

DennisMM wrote:Just a joke. Print guy here.

Don't joke, not only have they replaced the online news, but the locked out workers have been podcasting the news, and it's become the number one podcast service in canada.

i think they're shooting themselves in the foot, personally... i mean, if they're willing to do it for free...
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Okay, I just finished watching S2 of BSG. Holy crap! I never thought I'd feel sympathy for a Cylon, but after "Pegasus" that definitely has changed. The Pegasus is full of assholes. They deserve to get kicked in the gnads by Adama. W3RD!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:24 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Those people on Pegasus are assholes.

I agree. Fucking dickfaces EXTREME!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:26 pm

"I'm getting my men" I can't wait to see Adama bring the hurt.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby John-Locke on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:51 pm

When does it return? I heard a rumour that when Sky (in the UK) starts showing season 2 it wont have a mid season break & we'll get the new episode first.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby wonkabar on Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:52 pm

It's January for us
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:11 pm

On another board, several people were actually defending the raping of Cylons since they're just "toasters." That scene in the episode was disturbing and anyone who actually gets off on the thought of rape deserves to be raped.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:15 pm

Hmmm. What douche bags.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:53 pm

RogueScribner wrote:On another board, several people were actually defending the raping of Cylons since they're just "toasters." That scene in the episode was disturbing and anyone who actually gets off on the thought of rape deserves to be raped.

What thread?...RAID!
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:57 pm

RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby bluebottle on Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:06 pm

i hate them.

one of them actually liked the music in the last episode.

retard.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:00 pm

Bluebottle wrote:i hate them.

one of them actually liked the music in the last episode.

retard.

I didn't read all of the posts, but the Doc MacGyver guy sounded ok, in fact his biggest pet peeve with the Pegasus ep was the same that I voiced in here earlier...the stark good vs. evil with regard to the Pegasus and Galactica crews. Might as well have made all of the Pegasus crewers wear black hats while the Galactica crew wears white. That annoyed the hell out of me, but whatever, overall it was a great ep. Still, as good as BSG is, it's never quite as good as it could be.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:14 pm

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=159c0ef49805897363869a065289c090&t=439093&page=2&pp=25

Original Desmond wrote:Considering what the Cylons have done to humans, a bit of rape to me is no problem. They ARE NOT HUMAN ! And if you have 10 of them who look like Tricia Helfer, so much the better. It's the cylons fault for using attractive models for their cylons. Sure theyn painted these Pegasus crew members as bunch of arseholes, but fact is, it's a war against machines and u gotta do what u need to do to survive

I am ashamed to call this person a human being. It is because of sick freaks like this a-hole that prisons are necessary.

Unbelievable.

EDIT: Do what you need to do to survive? So, the millions of women who are raped around the world daily are just victims of men finally taking an assertive hold of their lives? Since when, both in the case of BSG and in the real world, was it necessary for the rapists to commit this act in order to prevent their own moral demise? Not to quote Star Trek, but it is our ability to control our primal instincts that makes us human.

This person lives in a world where cavemen still roam free clubbing women as they go.

I am still shocked.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:21 pm

I am sorry but this dude's posts deserves its own post:

The link is the same as above:

Original Desmond wrote:This is quite an interesting discussion

The fact is that if you had never seen the show before and walked in on that scene with the sound down, you would think that you were watching a rape. Hence i understand the outrage at the scene but it was not a rape of a human !

Ok, let's compare this scene to a scene you have all seen (i'm pretty sure) and laughed your arses off at. I am talking about the scene in American Pie were Jim has his dick in an Apple pie or wait, was he RAPING that apple pie ???

Apple pie = non human, non living object with no feelings
Cylon = non human, non living object with no feelings

Now wait you say, but the cylons look human, and the apple pie doesn't. Ok what if you got a team of genius chefs to make a huge life like apple pie in the shape of Heidi Klum and used advanced food photoimaging technology to make it look literally like Heidi Klum but it's an apple pie. If you stick your dick in this, is it rape ?

Be Consistent people!

I am speechless . . .
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:38 am

Well, now you all know my shock at some of the posts in that thread. I bet these guys would have gotten off on seeing Sharon raped. I tell ya, it was like cold water being thrown in my face after seeing the show and then reading that thread.

I just can't believe people were actually justifying that act of violence because the Cylons aren't really human. Whatever.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:45 am

RogueScribner wrote:Well, now you all know my shock at some of the posts in that thread. I bet these guys would have gotten off on seeing Sharon raped. I tell ya, it was like cold water being thrown in my face after seeing the show and then reading that thread.

I just can't believe people were actually justifying that act of violence because the Cylons aren't really human. Whatever.

I would call for the axes and pitchforks but the guy seems to have slithered back into his cave, with his failed attempt at humor shadowing his movements.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:08 pm

On to a more fun topic, does anyone think Baltar is a Cylon? :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:15 pm

I kinda hope not, though it would be a crazy twist.

The idea of a bad guy who is so evil (or in Baltar's case, weak) that he is willing to sell out his entire race is more interesting to me than a sleeper agent.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:21 am

How do you explain #6? Psychotic episodes?
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:48 am

I think #6 has more than proved at this point that she is real.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fanboy on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:47 pm

yea but her being "real" is kinda weak

I mean, Farscape did the whole implant-in-the-brain thing that caused the person to have interactions with another intelligance (Harvey in that case, #6 in this case). So its kinda old

Now the twist of how she is able to interact with him physically, is curious. On one hand she's able to make him slam his head into a wall to make it appear like she did it to him (from his eye's view) but on the other if they're having "sex" it's just him masturbating? Kinda double-standard ish don't ya think...
Fanboy
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby wonkabar on Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:54 pm

I just watched the Old-Galactica 3-hour pilot with commentary By Hatch, Benedict, & Boomer....Good stuff, they really seemed like good friends. And it was funny to hear them rap about Hollywood in the 70's. Plus it sounded like Dirk was fucking every chick in sight. Toward the end there's some extra in the scene and he was like.. "Oh, I remember her, she was a belly-dancer from Hawaii! She was great!" right when his character smiles at her. The other two guys were totally lol.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:40 pm

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:27 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=12024

Not a suprise, but it's official, SEASON 3 CONFIRMED!!!

First half of the second season episodes are coming to DVD soon, no?
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby wonkabar on Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:43 pm

Soon
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby wonkabar on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:03 am

Wow that was fucking awesome. I can't wait till that bitch is toast
Last edited by wonkabar on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:05 am

wonkabar wrote:Wow that was fucking awesome. I can't till that bitch is ....

speak sense man!

then, spoil the fuck out of me, i won't be seeing them til' they come out on DVD :cry: .
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Repost from the main site . . . worthy of the PZ :)

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:16 am

Well, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to Cain . . .

The Six clone will kill her.

Why do you say this you ask?

Notice the scene with Cain saying "Frak You" with tears in her eyes. Notice the arm holding the gun. Green sleeve, the same sleeve of the shirt Baltar gave the Six clone to change into.

My theory: Baltar is ready to shoot the Six clone, she knocks him out, takes the gun and the fight to Cain, takes out Cain and then herself before Cain can give the order. Adama isn't a traitor, Cain's men are caught before they execute in haste, problem solved and Galactica gets a NEW HONKIN' SHIP to play with . . . or send to the colonies to liberate the remaining people.

OR . . . Starbuck could stop the Six clone, Cain leaves in gratitude for her actions. I like the first better.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:22 am

Execute Order 66... simultaneously!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:25 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:Execute Order 66... simultaneously!

Problem is there's no Emperor or Vader here to pick up the pieces . . . alas no Jedi to stop Phoenix either.

It is a sad day indeed.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Re: Repost from the main site . . . worthy of the PZ :)

Postby wonkabar on Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:17 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Well, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to Cain . . .

Notice the scene with Cain saying "Frak You" with tears in her eyes. Notice the arm holding the gun. Green sleeve, the same sleeve of the shirt Baltar gave the Six clone to change into.

My theory: Baltar is ready to shoot the Six clone, she knocks him out, takes the gun and the fight to Cain, takes out Cain and then herself before Cain can give the order. Adama isn't a traitor, Cain's men are caught before they execute in haste, problem solved and Galactica gets a NEW HONKIN' SHIP to play with . . . or send to the colonies to liberate the remaining people.

OR . . . Starbuck could stop the Six clone, Cain leaves in gratitude for her actions. I like the first better.

That's a good theory.
Last edited by wonkabar on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:30 pm

I get the feeling that if Starbuck carries out Adama's plan, she'll probably not be so forgiving about what he asked her to do, even if it was for the "greater good." This might cause Starbuck to splinter off and start figuring out what's really important other than just following orders, which she could never do anyway. :p

In fact, she may assume control of the Pegasus and go back to the colonies to kick some Vogon ass like she discussed with Cain!

Either way, I seriously think Cain is toast. As long as she is alive, she'll have people loyal to her and Adama and the Prez both know this.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby drew71 on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:50 pm

Damn, just went to the bar for a few...thought i'd be back before battlestar started here...missed the first 43 mins...now i gotta wait up to watch the rerun in 2 hrs...it'll be a painful wait, bored/half drunk...and noone's posting, so nothin really new to read

i just hope you guys are watching, then will be posting new wittisms in 11 mins
:(
drew71
GLIB

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:07 am

Damn dude. You're life sucks.

I already saw Battlestar Galactica and was impressed.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Re: Repost from the main site . . . worthy of the PZ :)

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:07 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:Well, it's pretty obvious what's going to happen to Cain . . .

Call me Perry F'N Mason. I called that one.

All I needed was the guilty party's confession to set me straight.

Awesome ep.

So what's Adama going to do with the other ship?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:28 am

I would ram it into stuff.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby wonkabar on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:30 am

You did. I pretty much knew you were right when you mentioned the green sleeve. Except I figured Baltar would give the gun to Six rater than needing to be knocked out.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:51 am

wonkabar wrote:You did. I pretty much knew you were right when you mentioned the green sleeve. Except I figured Baltar would give the gun to Six rater than needing to be knocked out.

Hot damn, we're like Sipowitz and Simone.

(I go semi-classic in that one because I loved NYPD Blue when Franz and Smits would play off each other, better than Caruso/Franz or anyone else that came after.)

Ram stuff? Hmm . . .Maybe it's time to sit the defense and start pressing the offense.

BTW: Did he really kiss her? LIKE OLD PEOPLE DO?!?!? EEK!!!!!

That kiss was so geriatric. Dino knows what I'm talking about. Right, you old putz?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby wharto on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:53 am

Simone and Sipowicz were a great partnership, better than The Champs son and Sipowicz, and Saved By The Bell and Sipowicz, did Sipowicz ever get it on with that young female bit of totty?
Suck My Balls!
wharto
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby wonkabar on Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:57 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:BTW: Did he really kiss her? LIKE OLD PEOPLE DO?!?!? EEK!!!!!

That kiss was so geriatric. Dino knows what I'm talking about. Right, you old putz?

Dude, they're not THAT old. But yeah, the kiss was gross. I was half expecting to see a line of spit as Adama pulled away.
wonkabar
CHIEF OF THE BEEF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:33 am

wonkabar wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:BTW: Did he really kiss her? LIKE OLD PEOPLE DO?!?!? EEK!!!!!

Dude, they're not THAT old. But yeah, the kiss was gross. I was half expecting to see a line of spit as Adama pulled away.

HAHhhhaHAhahhahhaaaa''aaa
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial