BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Final Cylon Poll!)

Postby LegoKenobi on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:20 am

WOOT!
OM-frackin-G my favorite choice for the final cylon is IT!

that being said, there is so much to mull over.... that will teach me to try and drink to keep up with tigh while watching....
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Final Cylon Poll!)

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 am

Awesome episode! Loved Starbucks funeral for herself. That was a punch to the gut.

Ellen and Saul planned the resurrections!!!
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/HOLY FRAK!!!)

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:04 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

[SPIOLER]OMG I can't believe Admiral Adama is a cylon!!!!![/SPOILER]

hehehehe, just kidding if you haven't seen it yet.

As for the real reveal:

Not sure how I feel about that.

I guess it will depend somewhat on the manner of Ellen's return. But it's a LITTLE bit of a letdown for me for the 5th to be someone who isn't really around right now (though I know they said last season that the 5th "wasn't with the fleet".)

I also love the fact that Ellen isn't even on the godsdamned poll for this thread. What idiot put that together? Oh yeah...me. :oops:

If they are implying, as they seem to be, that WE are cylons, then it stands to reason that these cylons could reproduce. I wonder if Anders is the happy couple's son? Anders, Tyrol and whatshername must be some how very strongly connected to Tigh and Ellen to have been "resurrected" you would think...

edit:

OH yeah, and RIP Dee. You were hot, and I will miss you.

That was abrupt!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ HOLY FRAK!!!!)

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:25 am

I am disappointed in this choice for a final cylon. It's like they just took the most random character in the series they could think of and made it that person. Plus I dislike that character alot.

But man the tone of this show was fucking awesome. I mean this whole time they are fleeing their own apocalypse just to run into another one. But this time all hope is gone. I liked how the corridors of Galactica started to resemble the sets from The Warriors. Given another few days and people would have turned total batshit. I liked it a lot. It now FEELS like a post-apocalyptic show now. Like how long can this go on before they just fly into the sun.

Another thing... NO other shots of our Solar System? Seems like this "earth" might be a red herring for someplace else. I mean it seems like we would get a passing shot of Jupiter or Saturn for just a sec to let us know they found the right place, but NO... not even poor little planetoid Pluto. So I think this place is not THE place. And also, why the fuck do you up and leave? Don't you want to dig around and try to figure out what happened? It seems they are just walking away from a great deal of knowledge... BUT THEY HAVE A PLAN WHATEVS LOL.

Also, I agree... what the hell is Starbuck? The best unintentional laugh from me was when Leoben high-tailed it out of dodge. Instead of being all, "oh my love you must be the final cylon," he was all "oh shit being around you is like acid on my eyeballs LATER!"
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:35 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I am disappointed in this choice for a final cylon. It's like they just took the most random character in the series they could think of and made it that person. Plus I dislike that character alot.

But man the tone of this show was fucking awesome. I mean this whole time they are fleeing their own apocalypse just to run into another one. But this time all hope is gone. I liked how the corridors of Galactica started to resemble the sets from The Warriors. Given another few days and people would have turned total batshit. I liked it a lot. It now FEELS like a post-apocalyptic show now. Like how long can this go on before they just fly into the sun.

Another thing... NO other shots of our Solar System? Seems like this "earth" might be a red herring for someplace else. I mean it seems like we would get a passing shot of Jupiter or Saturn for just a sec to let us know they found the right place, but NO... not even poor little planetoid Pluto. So I think this place is not THE place. And also, why the fuck do you up and leave? Don't you want to dig around and try to figure out what happened? It seems they are just walking away from a great deal of knowledge... BUT THEY HAVE A PLAN WHATEVS LOL.

Also, I agree... what the hell is Starbuck? The best unintentional laugh from me was when Leoben high-tailed it out of dodge. Instead of being all, "oh my love you must be the final cylon," he was all "oh shit being around you is like acid on my eyeballs LATER!"

agreed on all counts. I'm kinda disappointed by the reveal, but I'm still really geeked to see where it's going to go, and yeah, the tone was perfect. And to me the "identity of the final five" while interesting, is FAR from what the show is really "about". I was always a little bit distressed by the massive amount of time/hype/story that was spent on that plotline. While there is, I'm sure, still much left to be revealed on that point, I'm glad that we can move on from it somewhat, honestly.

I think Roslin's finally apeshit crazy gone. I hope so anyway. I want her to turn into some kind of insane megalomaniac that the Adamas have to deal with.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:51 am

I'm sorry, I can't hear any of you over the clanging of Ron Moore's giant brass balls.

So if Starbuck found herself does that mean the whole planet is a resurrection ship of some sort?
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:54 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm sorry, I can't hear any of you over the clanging of Ron Moore's giant brass balls.

So if Starbuck found herself does that mean the whole planet is a resurrection ship of some sort?

IF she's some sort of 6th cylon, maybe. Or...something?

I"M SO CONFUSEDED!

Too bad she burned the damned body. I'd be interested to know if that's even really her?

Mayhaps it has something to do with time travel, or some loopy thing? What has happened before will happen again and all that...merry go round?

Nah...too Star Trek.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:59 am

I thought Kara Thrace being a Cylon easily explained how she can be in two places at one time, and one of them as a corpse.
Then the "reveal" came. Merde. Perfectly good theory shot all to hell.
So it goes.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:16 am

Im not disappointed with the choice of Ellen at all. It means on New Caprica Saul a cylon was fucking Ellen who was a cylon who was fucking Cavil who was a cylon. Nice little menage... Also the implications for Cavils are astronomical. They dont even care about the 5 but now that Ellen is one what does that mean? Also, with the male to female ratio of the 5 the last one had to be a female.

When Kara found her body I was like fuck this is ALF her being a cylon was what we didnt want.

So yes I am glad with choice and the implications it has for the other characters and their relationship with the other cylons.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby stereosforgeeks on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:34 am

An interview with RDM which discusses ellen and all other aspects of the episode.

This an amazingly enlightening read. Do yourselves a favor and read it.
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Bloo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:36 am

well just watched it on Sci Fi

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow how many more times can I type wow

blown away and I'm indifferent on the Ellen as a Cylon

I'll want to see where Ron Moore takes us
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 pm

WOW
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby unikrunk on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Oh my shit, why the hell have I not been following this show? GAH - I watched the mini-series at the beginning, and then it fell off my radar - tuned in last night, and was utterly confused and pleased and blown the fuck away...going out to buy all of it on DVD today...fuck me.

Is the whole thing this good? Gonna find out, I guess.
He can't' love you back...
unikrunk
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 pm

unikrunk wrote:Oh my shit, why the hell have I not been following this show? GAH - I watched the mini-series at the beginning, and then it fell off my radar - tuned in last night, and was utterly confused and pleased and blown the fuck away...going out to buy all of it on DVD today...fuck me.

Is the whole thing this good? Gonna find out, I guess.

The whole thing is EXCELLENT. There are some slow moments, but the show ranks up there with some of the best to EVER be on TV. Just skip the season one episode where Helen Tigh is introduced... christ it was teh suk.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:43 pm

It was better than the "Helo Wanders Amongst The Refugees" episode.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 pm

stereosforgeeks wrote:An interview with RDM which discusses ellen and all other aspects of the episode.

The only thing I got out of that is that Ronald Moore is really a big fan of himself.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Fievel wrote:It was better than the "Helo Wanders Amongst The Refugees" episode.

I disagree. Helo > Ellen therefore Lame Episodes with Helo > Lame Episodes with Ellen.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:56 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:
stereosforgeeks wrote:An interview with RDM which discusses ellen and all other aspects of the episode.

The only thing I got out of that is that Ronald Moore is really a big fan of himself.

The only thing I got out of that was the subtle "apologetic tone" for the writing of the episode. The whole, "it was the only script before the strike" kind of thing... Which explains horrible lines of dialogue like the last one... "Ellen is the final Cylon!"

Like, WTF?

I am disappoint.

I also find it incredibly lame that the whole "Final 5" thing was conjured up in the 3rd season. I don't want to know that... I want to know that they had a really tight story for the 4 seasons, and this was a part of it. The fact that they didn't even decide who the 5th was until even further along the line is extremely saddening. I appreciate that the show is going to evolve and stray from the original storyline, but what the hell was the cylon's "plan"... For three seasons, "They have a plan"... WTF was the plan? To kill the humans? wow. That's original.

Again. I am extremely disappoint.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:29 pm

I kind of agree with you. I really wanted to know what their plan was. But maybe Lucy Lawless, Boomer and Six buttfucked their plan. But if that was the case, then it wasn't a very cool plan.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:32 pm

I've always assumed the plan was to kill all humans.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:34 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:I kind of agree with you. I really wanted to know what their plan was. But maybe Lucy Lawless, Boomer and Six buttfucked their plan. But if that was the case, then it wasn't a very cool plan.

but would it not be a very human thing, screwing up a plan...
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Bloo on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Fievel wrote:I've always assumed the plan was to kill all humans.

so Bender is a cylon
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Bloo wrote:
Fievel wrote:I've always assumed the plan was to kill all humans.

so Bender is a cylon

Bender?
I just met her!!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Regarding "the plan".... I had forgotten this:

Herc wrote:"The Plan"
by Hercules Jan 16th, 2009
02:22:28 PM
is the title of the Cylon-centric prequel TV-movie hitting SciFi later this year. It was directed by Edward James Olmos from a teleplay by Jane Espenson.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Well, if Starbuck is a toaster, and the final 5 have been announced.....

I wonder if D is going to come back as a Cylon and it's Ellen who is actually dead. The only way we get to see Ellen is in flashbacks. Maybe the final 5 were part of the 13th Colony but they left, leaving the resurrection pods under the Earth and so they had normal existences on Caprica i.e having kids and dying excetera but living through their own children. It's almost like past lives regression. It'd still prefer D back then Ellen.
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm

He's right. Thanks.
The Vicar

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:11 pm

D had it coming for breaking Billy's heart.
Bitch.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm

New crackpot theory: Starbucks is actually Ellen revived.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:17 pm

Gross.
When can spoiler tags be stopped regarding last night's episode?
If people haven't seen it... stop reading!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DennisMM on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:39 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:New crackpot theory: Starbucks is actually Ellen revived.

Interesting idea. I prefer the idea that Tigh's Six is the resurrected Ellen, as suggested by some of the brig scenes.
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Don't call it a comeback, they've been here for years - three major 'Oh Jesus Shit My Fucking Christ!' reveals and shocks in this ep and I really enjoyed it, but I'm not as certain as some to let it all rest on Tigh's (weak) last second pronouncement - ok, so Ellen is the fifth, but what does that make Dualla and Starbuck exactly?

Alternate Universe Starbuck?

- We know that the final four cylons were the 13th tribe living on this planet Earth, and we also know that Ellen, Starbuck and, yes Dualla with the Jumping Jacks was here too - if she topped herself becasue, she was so disappointed with this scorched Earth, then that was kinda weak.

The image of the wedding ring with the dogtags was one we saw several times in this ep, and I'm still trying to work out it's significance.

We've got a lot to think about for the next six days, and I for one would like to hear more crackpot theories....
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby papalazeru on Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:58 pm

tapehead wrote:Alternate Universe Starbuck?

- We know that the final four cylons were part of the final tribe living on this planet Earth, and we also know that Ellen, Starbuck and, yes Dualla with the Jumping Jacks was here too - if she topped herself becasue, she was so disappointed with this scorched Earth, then that was kinda weak.

The image of the wedding ring with the dogtags was one we saw several times in this ep, and I'm still trying to work out it's significance.

We've got a lot to think about for the next six days, and I for one would like to hear more crackpot theories....

I still say there's a spawn point on earth and someone's set up an auto-camper so they never reappear.

Maybe they've been away so long and they've actually arrived back on Caprica?

Maybe the Cylons are actually part of the human evolution, 2000 years ago they developed near perfect chasis that they could download to and when the planet blew itself to hell, they left to find a new place to colonise which turned out to be Caprica? The last skin jobs were the only ones to wish to remain in their skin job form?

papalazeru

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:49 pm

tapehead wrote:Don't call it a comeback, they've been here for years - three major 'Oh Jesus Shit My Fucking Christ!' reveals and shocks in this ep and I really enjoyed it, but I'm not as certain as some to let it all rest on Tigh's (weak) last second pronouncement - ok, so Ellen is the fifth, but what does that make Dualla and Starbuck exactly?

- We know that the final four cylons were the 13th tribe living on this planet Earth, and we also know that Ellen, Starbuck and, yes Dualla with the Jumping Jacks was here too - if she topped herself becasue, she was so disappointed with this scorched Earth, then that was kinda weak.

I don't think Dualla was there before.
I took the scene with the jacks to mean that the thought of children dying there troubled her. Add that to the monumental disappointment of not finding a hospitable planet and the GUILT OF DUMPING BILLY FOR APOLLO.... and she had good reason to cap herself.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby tapehead on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Fievel wrote:
tapehead wrote:Don't call it a comeback, they've been here for years - three major 'Oh Jesus Shit My Fucking Christ!' reveals and shocks in this ep and I really enjoyed it, but I'm not as certain as some to let it all rest on Tigh's (weak) last second pronouncement - ok, so Ellen is the fifth, but what does that make Dualla and Starbuck exactly?

I don't think Dualla was there before.
I took the scene with the jacks to mean that the thought of children dying there troubled her. Add that to the monumental disappointment of not finding a hospitable planet and the GUILT OF DUMPING BILLY FOR APOLLO.... and she had good reason to cap herself.

Most likely you're right - the jumping jacks she found on the beach reminded her of herself as a child, and later Apollo finds a set as he's going through her personal possesions - it does seem to be pointing to something significant in Dualla's childhood though, although it's all very obscure.

On another point - just imagine what's going to happen the next time Cavill and Tigh are anywhere near each other - my thoughts are that Brother Cavil knew who Ellen was all along!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby LegoKenobi on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 am

tapehead wrote:Most likely you're right - the jumping jacks she found on the beach reminded her of herself as a child, and later Apollo finds a set as he's going through her personal possesions - it does seem to be pointing to something significant in Dualla's childhood though, although it's all very obscure.

i took it to mean that she took the jacks from the surface back up to galactica with her. but maybe you're right, they were hers from when she was a kid.

tapehead wrote:On another point - just imagine what's going to happen the next time Cavill and Tigh are anywhere near each other - my thoughts are that Brother Cavil knew who Ellen was all along!

the interview in the chicago paper with ron moore indicates that cavil actually DID know about ellen all along, and that these last episodes are going to touch on who knew it and how it all played into things, which is damn interesting....
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:22 am

I'm still waiting for Dirk Benedict to appear, cigar in hand, and say, "About time you got here."

I would laugh my ass off if this was Earth 2,000 years after "Galactica 1980."
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:41 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm still waiting for Dirk Benedict to appear, cigar in hand, and say, "About time you got here."

That would make Galactica over 2040 years old (not accounting for the 2 years that the original show played out.
No way a ship that old would be able to jump into a planets atmos and jump back out.

papalazeru

Postby Bloo on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:53 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:I'm still waiting for Dirk Benedict to appear, cigar in hand, and say, "About time you got here."

dude, I've been waiting for Benidict to show up myself...and not in a wink wink way but as from the OS
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby papalazeru on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:58 am

Bloo wrote:

dude, I've been waiting for Benidict to show up myself...and not in a wink wink way but as from the OS

His arm round a chick, he just swaggers in with his original ship, a couple of crates of booze, a few bitches in tow.....

papalazeru

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Folks, I'm going out on a limb and saying, although Ellen is the "fifth Cylon," she isn't the only one left.

By show's end, all be revealed right? I'm now in the camp that ALL of them are Cylons.

The scenes on "Earth" supports my claim. The voice of the fruit vendor was not of any of the known Cylons.

They are the 13th Tribe. All of them. They just don't know it yet.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Episdoe 4.11 "Sometimes a Great Notion " ....or "Just when you thought their morale couldn't get any lower".

The Dualla suicide had a big impact, as I had assumed they were building to her reveal as the final Tighlon. Frankly I found the rest a little tiresome. I was more interested in following what the archaeology/science group were doing on the surface. I thought they got the main characters off of Earth too quickly and it would've been a better location for character development...as shown with the Tighlons and Starbuck/Leoben.

The Starbuck stuff was good. If we're sticking with Greek mythology, could we have a Castor and Pollux on our hands? Leoben getting scared about being "wrong" about whatever the frak Starbuck was sweet. The Galactica crew finally reaching breaking point was good. They should be going mental now and a full-blown freak out can't be far off. Perhaps Dualla's end could've been run in parallel with the Ellen thing. The explorations of the four Tighlon's was good. They've reached home, even if the other haven't. The revelation that the Thirteenth Tribe of Kobol were Cylons seemed far more significant and important than the episode seemed to give it. It seems like we might not get much more about Earth until that TV-movie which is a shame.

Conclusions:
The reveal of the final Tighlon should've been done a while ago and the final scene of the series should've been them reaching wasteland Earth.
It is the planet itself which is the cause of the resurrections or rebirths. Could Earth be a giant resurrection ship?
The hands holding the dogtag and ring - Was that Starbuck holding her twin's tag? Or was that Apollo holding Dualla's tag?
I can't help but think that Cavil has known more about the Final Five than he let on, especially considering his conduct with Ellen back on New Caprica.
Baltar's end on Caprica appears to mirror that of the Tighlon's past on Earth 200 years ago.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fievel on Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:29 pm

They should have found the remains of a flying motorcycle.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Items to include in final season of Battlestar Galactica:

1. They should find the remains of a flying motorcycle in the ruins of Earth.
2. Starbuck needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine for some reason.
3. Whenever Baltar's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Baltar"?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LegoKenobi on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:32 pm

where is mr. nice gaius? i may have missed him, but i thought for sure he'd be here posting after friday's episode.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:09 am

Fried Gold wrote:Items to include in final season of Battlestar Galactica:

3. Whenever Baltar's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Baltar"?

I love that request. Put Baltar on some safety reigns.

papalazeru

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ HOLY FRAK!!!)

Postby The Vicar on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:24 am

Their version of Where's Waldo?
The Vicar

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:53 pm

that was a fantastic episode. not much more to say than that.
as for ellen being the fifth cylon, i have no problem with it. let's face it, every possible choice has been theorized about by now (adama, roslin, starbuck, billy, dualla, cally, romo lampkin, ellen tigh, boxey) so there wasn't really any option that would surprise us unless they just totally pulled something out of their ass. i like ellen because it makes the scene where tigh poisons her that much more poetic and tragic... it's not just his wife he's killing, but the love of his 2000+-year-old life. that scene, which i wouldn't have thought could be more powerful, will have even more resonance rewatching it now. however, after hearing that kate vernon will be back for several episodes i think i'd prefer it if they left her character dead, so that when tigh killed her, it was final, and the rest of the episodes were about him dealing all over with the fact not only that he killed his wife, but that she had been his wife for a couple millennia. and if you add to that the fact that maybe by killing her, tigh doomed them all (assuming they needed all five of the final five to achieve their "destiny" whatever that might be) then he'd have all that guilt to deal with too. but we'll have to wait to see HOW they bring ellen back... if she returns simply as an "in-head" ellen, like baltar's in-head six or starbuck's in-head leoben, or she only appears in tigh's flashbacks and memories, then that would still fit. i just don't really want to see her brought back as a living physical being.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 pm

TheBaxter wrote:that was a fantastic episode. not much more to say than that.
as for ellen being the fifth cylon, i have no problem with it. let's face it, every possible choice has been theorized about by now (adama, roslin, starbuck, billy, dualla, cally, romo lampkin, ellen tigh, boxey) so there wasn't really any option that would surprise us unless they just totally pulled something out of their ass. i like ellen because it makes the scene where tigh poisons her that much more poetic and tragic... it's not just his wife he's killing, but the love of his 2000+-year-old life. that scene, which i wouldn't have thought could be more powerful, will have even more resonance rewatching it now. however, after hearing that kate vernon will be back for several episodes i think i'd prefer it if they left her character dead, so that when tigh killed her, it was final, and the rest of the episodes were about him dealing all over with the fact not only that he killed his wife, but that she had been his wife for a couple millennia. and if you add to that the fact that maybe by killing her, tigh doomed them all (assuming they needed all five of the final five to achieve their "destiny" whatever that might be) then he'd have all that guilt to deal with too. but we'll have to wait to see HOW they bring ellen back... if she returns simply as an "in-head" ellen, like baltar's in-head six or starbuck's in-head leoben, or she only appears in tigh's flashbacks and memories, then that would still fit. i just don't really want to see her brought back as a living physical being.

yes but she. Ellen might only be back in memory though.

papalazeru

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:23 pm

What a fucking super head fucking episode. Not just amazingly plotted but the direction, set design, acting, cinematography etc were all perfectly pitched for the mood of the episode. I adored the scene of Adama on his way to confront Tigh as the ship and crew fall apart around him, nothing more bleak. Except of course the horrible notion that Leoben was as wrong and blinkered as the Cavil's. There is hope though, something transported Kara's ship lightyears from the storm planet to "Earth".
Ok what if the whole point of the exodus from Kobol was to return to the colonies and earth after the radiation level on the planets become normal, then the whole sequence starts up again leading to the holocausts and the fleet eventually realising they need to return to Kobol until the colonies and earth are once again habitable. And maybe the sequences oscillates each time so that the smallest tribe (in this case the colonial fleet) goes to earth while the larger tribe head for the 12 planets of the colonies.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby LegoKenobi on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:41 pm

TonyWilson wrote: I adored the scene of Adama on his way to confront Tigh as the ship and crew fall apart around him, nothing more bleak.

i forgot to ask: was i the only one on the edge of their seat during that whole scene, yelling at the TV "don't you fracking writers DARE kill off one-eyed motherfrackin' TIGH!!"

for a second there, i was convinced it was gonna happen. ron moore has said in the past that the death toll is going to be very high, and just coming off the shock of dee's death, i was convinced that this was just the beginning of a landslide fo death -- i was sure tigh was going to be next. happily, i was totally, completely wrong.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial