BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ HOLY FRAK!!!)

Postby LegoKenobi on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:New Crackpot Theory!: The Galactica is what/will bombed/bomb earth into dust.

There's another crackpot theory going around. Afraid to say it here, but it was in the TB for this week's episode. If that's how it ends, I'm going to punch a wall.

i'm afraid to look. what is it??
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:50 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:New Crackpot Theory!: The Galactica is what/will bombed/bomb earth into dust.

but that would require time travel. between Lost and Heroes and whatnot, i think we've got enough time travel on tv these days. i hope BSG manages to stay time-travel-free.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:53 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:
ONeillSG1 wrote:

There's another crackpot theory going around. Afraid to say it here, but it was in the TB for this week's episode. If that's how it ends, I'm going to punch a wall.

SAY IT.

The show ends with our blonde Caprica Six walking through a crowded modern day Times Square. Cut to black.

And why does your Sinestro have Black Adam's body and costume?

LOL! Someone was trying to make a Sinestro on a Mugen port of Marvel vs. DC and based it upon an earlier Black Adam design. I like the floating animation.

It's just something funny I picked up in my travels across the net. The fact that someone knew the difference makes me happy.

burlivesleftnut wrote:What I think is sad about people with hair like that is that... well this is just a theory (CRACKPOT!), but I think they keep their hair like that so if they fail in the movie biz (which their parents convinced them they would), they could go to their back up plan, which is touring with Journey circa 1980 as a roadie.

Hey, any way you want it, Burl. Just don't stop believin'!
Last edited by ONeillSG1 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:55 am

bluebottle wrote:ugh, what the hell is going on with this show?

i miss baltar... jesus, what have they done with his character? he was the focal point for half of the series, and then, after the trial, he's become nothing... i mean, why did they focus on him so much just to stick him in the background?

and the retconning of chief and cally's child was weak.

i dunno, i think i'm going to be really disappointed with the ending, whatever it is.

so there you go, my expectations are low... probably means i'll end up loving the last few eps.

while i think it was generally a strong episode, the thing with tyrol's kid not being tyrol's kid was pretty weak. my own CRACKPOT THEORY is that the writers chose the final 5 cylons on a whim, and forgot one of them had a kid, then had to "undo" nicholas' half-cylon heritage because they probably already had something planned for the ending of the show that involves Hera and how unique and special she is as a half-breed. so this was a convenient way to remove that little problem and return Hera to her special unique status, and explain why nicholas doesn't appear in those opera-house visions or say creepy things to his parents like Hera does.

i guess it also helps to explain how "Hot Dog" got his call sign. he's been putting his wiener in a few buns.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby ONeillSG1 on Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

TheBaxter wrote:i guess it also helps to explain how "Hot Dog" got his call sign. he's been putting his wiener in a few buns.

You had to go there didn't you?
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby TonyWilson on Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

TheBaxter wrote:
bluebottle wrote:ugh, what the hell is going on with this show?

i miss baltar... jesus, what have they done with his character? he was the focal point for half of the series, and then, after the trial, he's become nothing... i mean, why did they focus on him so much just to stick him in the background?

and the retconning of chief and cally's child was weak.

i dunno, i think i'm going to be really disappointed with the ending, whatever it is.

so there you go, my expectations are low... probably means i'll end up loving the last few eps.

while i think it was generally a strong episode, the thing with tyrol's kid not being tyrol's kid was pretty weak. my own CRACKPOT THEORY is that the writers chose the final 5 cylons on a whim, and forgot one of them had a kid, then had to "undo" nicholas' half-cylon heritage because they probably already had something planned for the ending of the show that involves Hera and how unique and special she is as a half-breed. so this was a convenient way to remove that little problem and return Hera to her special unique status, and explain why nicholas doesn't appear in those opera-house visions or say creepy things to his parents like Hera does.

i guess it also helps to explain how "Hot Dog" got his call sign. he's been putting his wiener in a few buns.

Yeah the Hot-Dog is a daddy stank of retcon but otherwise it was an interesting if slooooow ep. I love where Adama, Roslin and Baltar are all at, shades of nihilism and narcissism brought about by having their dream shattered. I still feel the show is going to pull back from the brink (or more accurately go over it to find it's not an abyss but the place they've all been searching for) but Roslin and Adama and maybe Gaius are all going to have to die first.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby papalazeru on Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Wow!

Possibly the most nihilistic episode to date, and what a fantastic one at that! I loved it, so much development in the characters. Adama looking to Roslin for guidance only to be met with an 'I quit', Adama's fleet falling apart before his eyes and both resort to the futile last fleeting moments in each others arms. Such a dichotomy.

At the same time we see the rise of dissention in the in the ranks, led by a man who's goal is to be remembered by any means neccesary, all while humanity won't be around that long to remember it.

To top it all off, Gaeta, once the clandestine resistence worker, is now the clandestine resistence worker once more. He's possibly the paralell of 6, the way he works boths sides and like 6, so devoted at the start.

Kara realises she's something more than just human, didn't even twat Gaeta....you know she's lost all hope when she doesn't lamp him one . And I'm sure inside she's saying, 'What's the fucking point?!?!'
Ole tubby's not a dad, one eye's got a schoolgil up the duff, even Baltar doesn't give a shit.

The only person with any hope left is Apollo, trying to keep it together and maybe futher the existence of both Cylon and human kind working together...and his frakin' ex died last week.

All you needed was John Lennon's imagine playing, and 3 men busting down your door with a pet ferret and peeing on your Astro-rug (which really tied the room together) and you've really made the mood peak.

I think now the mourning is coming to an End and the final 5 will further analyse the evidence on Earth which leads them to discover that there are more Cylons, not just them. I see another trip to Earth coming and Zarek exploding the Fuel ship (Hite Khan, was it?)

Oh, did anyone notice how the runaway ship, the head of it looking uncannily like the head of a Cylon Raider?
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby instant_karma on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:44 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:And why does your Sinestro have Black Adam's body and costume?

Thank you for askng that! I'd been wondering the same, but was afraid to ask in case is exposed my lack of current DC universe knowledge, and everybody would laugh and point at me.

Anyway, onto BSG. I can't say I'm surprised by Moore coming out and saying that they've been making things like the final five and 'the plan' as they go along. American network TV is so ruthless these days that there's not real practicle way for show creators to really plan out any kind of story arc that goes beyond one series. Sure, they all hope their show will get picked up for another series, but I don't think there's any way they could have really have gone to Sci-Fi and said 'We have 4 seasons all mapped out. Give us a commitment that you'll make all 4 seasons and we'll give you a great story.' Sadly the reality seems to be that even for quite succesful shows, they have to begin writing each season as though it may be their last, which gives us those occasional WTF character or plot 180's that happen mid season when they find out they've been picked up for one more season, so the writers scramble to plant some seeds that will bear fruit in the next season.

So, given that the BSG folks have probably been working like this from the start and have still managed to produce a fairly consistantly entertaining show, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe that they will deliver a satisfying conclusion, which I hope will involve Adama freaking out and blowing up the fleet because he's so pissed that some fuckers keep dropping litter on the deck of his ship. Of that they find that the planet they found wasn't Earth, then they do find Earth where humans and cylons live together in perfect harmony.

And even if the ending does turn out to be something of an anti-climax, I wont regret having watched the show, as I think Tigh's character arc throughout the show has been one of the most compelling I can think of in any show in recent years.

Now, could one of you guys go please email MasterWhedon and tell him to post here!
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby papalazeru on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Romo is still Badass Numero uno and he's going to frack everyone up soon....

I can promise you that......

Cat or no cat......

he may be a few biscuits short of a plate of felix but he will have the cream.

papalazeru

Postby Daredrummer on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:42 am

Hi there.

Ok....I'm fairly excited because I think I have totally figured out the Cylon/Earth connection. A few details may be off, but overall I think I have it.

There's massive spoilers from here on, you've been warned.

One thing that has been bugging me about the reveal of the 13th colony being Cylons....

Why are they called Cylons, when clearly Cylons were invented and NAMED Cylons in the colonies 2,000 years after Earth was nuked? It made no sense and I thought, like some, that we'd be seeing some time travel BS through the nebulae.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I think I have the answers, and the answers to the Final Five being so "different". I'll try to be as short as possible.

Clearly, from Ellen's comments, there was some type of Resurrection Technology involved in the flashbacks to Earth. "Don't worry, everything is in place...we'll be born again, together."

My theory here, is that a very rich group of people had experimental resurrection tech waiting to go, like some people get cryogenically frozen now. Probably very similar to the resurrection hubs full of bodies we see in the show, if not exactly the same.

A holocaust happened.

12 succeeded in resurrection.

The survivors moved to Kobol, where their "flying ships" and resurrection tech caused them to be treated as gods, the Lords of Kobol. After resurrection, possibly several times, the Final Five have no memories of the past, perhaps a side effect of Human Resurrection. Please note the term Cylon has not been used yet. Something happens on Kobol with the Lords, and the 12 tribes of "Kobol Humans" go to Caprica, and the 13th tribe, "Earth Humans" try to return to Earth through the Nebulae. Something happens...perhaps it has something to do with the Virus we saw way back, but the bodies of the 13th tribe were abandoned, the resurrection hub with the bodies left floating alone in space.

Forward to the 12 colonies of man and Caprica.

Man creates an AI and calls the robots Cylons.

Cylons revolt, and leave Caprica.

Here's where I USED think the robots "evolved" and grew bodies. Now I don't think that's what happened at all.

I think the Cylons came across the unused Resurrection Hub across the nebulae. Perhaps the hub wasn't abandoned and they TOOK the bodies by force. Either way they started downloading themselves into the bodies to see what happened. That's why there are multiple copies...they don't understand the idea of only resurrecting one body at a time. It's also why they seem still childish and robotic.

So, then they return. Bam....everyone thinks they grew bodies, and calls them "all" Cylons.

That's why the bodies of the "Cylons" are the same as the ones on Earth, they ARE bodies from Earth. We called the skinjobs Cylons, so when they test the bodies on Earth and they are the same, then they call them Cylons too, but they aren't Cylons, the Cylon Robots downloaded themselves into Earth bodies, and just got called that.

The reason the Final Five are different is the fact that they have actual Earth "souls" Resurrected into bodies, and only one copy at a time. The other 7 cylon models are just AI downloaded into bodies, hence why they perceive things so differently. Also, Ellen could've been split from her extra bodies and they got downloaded into creating the Sixes. And check it out....maybe the 6 that Tigh knocked up actually IS ELLEN in one of her young bodies which she DL'd into after he killed her!!! (ok that last part is a stretch but it would totally work)

Get it?

Whaddaya think?
Daredrummer
GLIB

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 pm

well, that's a pretty elaborate theory. it fails to account for the robotic cylon head that was found in the ruins of earth though. and since they said it was not a model they recognized, that means there must have been actual "toasters" on earth when it was blown up.

also, according to ron moore in the interview that was linked in this thread, when asked if the 13th tribe was in fact cylons, he said that could be taken as a fact.

i think the answer is simpler, based on the "all this has happened before and will happen again" theme the show keeps harping on. humans had invented cylons before, and the cylons invented on caprica was just history repeating itself.

but don't be discouraged, this thread is all about posting our crazy crackpot theories so that others can shoot them down.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

by the way, i'd like to remind everyone that my original theory is still possible. at the very least, i was right about the final five being all that remained of the original or previous cycle of cylons.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:22 pm

and just to round out the crackpot theory discussion, the more i think about it, and especially after the info gained in the season premiere, the more i think both my theory (humans created cylons created humans) and pacino's (humans are cylons are humans) will probably be wrong. as clever as they are and as much as i like both theories, i think it will actually turn out to be a simpler "history repeats itself" scenario.

the humans on kobol invented cylons, eventually those cylons blew kobol up and the surviving humans scattered into space. maybe those cylons chased them, and maybe at some point they ended up teaming up, like these humans and cylons have. eventually they did find a new home (or 12), but they couldn't coexist with the cylons, so the cylons went off on their own and settled on the 13th colony, far away from the humans, only to blow themselves up in the end. it all became a part of legend, with some aspects (like the cylon nature of the 13th colony) getting lost. that suggests the show will end with the BSG fleet also finding a new home (or bunch of homes, maybe the fleet will splinter and they'll all settle on different planets) and the cylons will land on their own separate home.

the final 5 and hera are wildcards though, and could change how or whether things truly repeat like they did before.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:46 pm

TheBaxter wrote:and just to round out the crackpot theory discussion, the more i think about it, and especially after the info gained in the season premiere, the more i think both my theory (humans created cylons created humans) and pacino's (humans are cylons are humans) will probably be wrong. as clever as they are and as much as i like both theories, i think it will actually turn out to be a simpler "history repeats itself" scenario.

the humans on kobol invented cylons, eventually those cylons blew kobol up and the surviving humans scattered into space. maybe those cylons chased them, and maybe at some point they ended up teaming up, like these humans and cylons have. eventually they did find a new home (or 12), but they couldn't coexist with the cylons, so the cylons went off on their own and settled on the 13th colony, far away from the humans, only to blow themselves up in the end. it all became a part of legend, with some aspects (like the cylon nature of the 13th colony) getting lost. that suggests the show will end with the BSG fleet also finding a new home (or bunch of homes, maybe the fleet will splinter and they'll all settle on different planets) and the cylons will land on their own separate home.

the final 5 and hera are wildcards though, and could change how or whether things truly repeat like they did before.

I hope you're wrong about us being wrong, our theories are far more interesting (I think)... the history-repeating-itself alternative would be so weak, urgh. I really hope the final five are more like an evolutionary bridge between "humans" and humanoid Cylons... the final five, unlike other humans, are able to resurrect, but without a resurrection ship/hub... rather perhaps like Hindu reincarnation, which is basically how Cylons resurrect anyhow (in an identical copy of the same body, however, some sort of reincarnation purgatory). The final five, they're born anew, and if we're to take the "flashbacks" of two weeks ago literally, they even retain the same appearance.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby instant_karma on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:06 pm

I have a question.

If, hypothetically, the show concludes without the cylons ultimately paying a dear price for having wiped out millions or billions of humans, do you think you would feel unsatisfied, as if justice were somehow not done?
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:07 pm

instant_karma wrote:I have a question.

If, hypothetically, the show concludes without the cylons ultimately paying a dear price for having wiped out millions or billions of humans, do you think you would feel unsatisfied, as if justice were somehow not done?

Nope.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:11 pm

Not at all.
Survival, not justice, seemed to be the prevailing theme of the show.
I just hope that the show ends in a satisfactory manner.

Six Feet Under = Perfect ending.
Deadwood = Worst non-ending.
Sopranos = Good if only for the debate.
Cheers = Great ending.
Seinfeld = Horrible ending.
Newhart = Great ending.
Larry Sanders Show = Great ending. I still miss that show.

Battlestar Galactica (along with Lost) = Potential for amazing ending(s).
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Fievel wrote:Deadwood = Worst non-ending.

So say we all. Frakkers.

At my norwegian class the other day, I found out that Frakk means a mens winterjacket/overcoat. Kinda takes the edge off it, but if its cold outside, you can get your frakk on.

As for the ending, I dont feel a need for justice against the cylons. The "history" of the first war with the cylons has only been touched upon, and we dont know what caused the toasters to start it in the first place. Were they wronged, or did they just rise up to conquer? Maybe some of that will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Plus there is still a big bad, in the shape of the Cavill cylon camp, so im sure there is gonna be some high fallutin space shootouts and splosions to come. But I think the sixes etc are working to redeem themselves, just like Willy in V.
Over its run so far, I think it has done a good job of showing different perspectives, as to who is good and bad, and I like to think it will all wrap up nicely. As long as it doesnt end with them all holding hands and Anders singing "tie a yellow ribbon" I will be happy.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby Bloo on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Fievel wrote:

Not at all.

Cheers = Great ending.
Newhart = Great ending.

I would agree with that list, except for the Seinfeld ending which I enjoyed in a compelety bizarre way

EDIT: you forgot the NEWSRADIO ending which is one of the most heartbreaking endings ever, everyone leaves but Dave
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Fievel on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Hermanator X wrote:Plus there is still a big bad, in the shape of the Cavill cylon camp

Which on a different perspective is hilarious to think that Al from Quantum Leap (or The Boy With Green Hair for you old musical lovers) is the big baddie.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Bloo on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:30 pm

Fievel wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:Plus there is still a big bad, in the shape of the Cavill cylon camp

Which on a different perspective is hilarious to think that Al from Quantum Leap (or The Boy With Green Hair for you old musical lovers) is the big baddie.

he was also the evil judge in THE RAINMAKER who had a heartattack and got replaced with Danny Glover
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby LegoKenobi on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Fievel wrote:Not at all.

you forgot MASH!
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 pm

one could argue that they've ALREADY paid a dear price. they lost their resurrection hub, thus becoming mortal. lots of humans lost their lives, but the cylons lost their immortality. which is worse?

although, i'm still not clear on why the cylons can't just build a new resurrection hub. they did it once, why can't they just build another? the way the show treats it, it's like the destruction of the hub has made them permanently mortal. i could buy that maybe it takes them a really long time to build one of those things, but eventually they should be able to get back their resurrection capability. unless they didn't build the first one themselves. what if it was actually built by the final 5 before earth was destroyed (thus ellen tigh's "everything is in place, we'll be resurrected" comment), and the modern cylons merely discovered it 2000 years later, but only the final 5 actually understand the process well enough to make a new one?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Daredrummer on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Again, I think they can't build a new hub because they didn't build the first, they just found them/stole them.
Daredrummer
GLIB

Postby tapehead on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:00 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
instant_karma wrote:the way the show treats it, it's like the destruction of the hub has made them permanently mortal.

It's pretty telling that none of the characters have even considered the possibility in passing - one way or the other, I think it's going to be somwhow deemed impossible to repeat beacause the humans made it to begin with, or we'll have these more fantastic explanations to consider.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Pacino86845 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:21 pm

We haven't seen what the Cavills et al. have done really in response to the hub's destruction, have we? The allied Cylons, however, seemed pretty happy when the hub was destroyed 'cause it brought them one step closer to becoming human...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby NoHubris on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 pm

Fievel wrote:

Not at all.

Cheers = Great ending.
Newhart = Great ending.

Here's another one for consideration:

Rome = Good ending

If BSG ended as well as ROME, would that be a good or bad thing? IMHO it would be acceptable.
NoHubris
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Fievel on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:58 pm

NoHubris wrote:
Fievel wrote:

Not at all.

Cheers = Great ending.
Newhart = Great ending.

Here's another one for consideration:

Rome = Good ending

If BSG ended as well as ROME, would that be a good or bad thing? IMHO it would be acceptable.

Just as long as it doesn't end with Helo & Hera walking somewhere and then Helo looks back to the camera and winks.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 am

I just hope Riker and Troi don't show up at the end...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 am

Pacino86845 wrote:I just hope Riker and Troi don't show up at the end...

ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Bloo on Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:17 am

I'd be cool with Dirk Benedict showing up at the end though...just totally random making no plot sense
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Daredrummer on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:34 am

"All of this has happened before...all of it will happen again"

It's in reference to the first show and TV remakes.

In the end it'll directly tie into the continuity of the first show.
Daredrummer
GLIB

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:52 am

Daredrummer wrote:"All of this has happened before...all of it will happen again"

It's in reference to the first show and TV remakes.

In the end it'll directly tie into the continuity of the first show.

Actually, perusing back through this thread, it's a possibility that's been pointed to by many - we've all pondered and speculated upon what exactly 'All of this has happened before and will happen again' might mean come the end of the series, and, despite a few missteps, I think the writers and producers should be content with the fact that we're all here, still guessing. Personally, although I realise already that I've been thrilled to see the old-school toasters in this incarnation and some of the narative and roles are indeed adapted from the original, any attempt to go 'full circle' in that way and revive the first show had better be pretty oblique and amibiguous, as, really, the tone and style don't match at all - This BSG is very much it's own animal under Moore's command, and the likes of Dirk Benedict showing up at this point, or Edward James Olmos going all Lorne Greene on us would be extremely disappointing.

Crackpot theory for this week;
EJO's Adama is the 'Dying Leader' from the Pythian scriptures, Rosylin will realise this soon and get back on board, reinterpreting the prophecies in this light and finding the fleet the right direction to go. There are humans, and there are cylons, and one created the other, perhaps over and over again.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:48 am

Well except you know uh... Cylons were created by lizard people or something in the original.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

tapehead wrote:Crackpot theory for this week;
EJO's Adama is the 'Dying Leader' from the Pythian scriptures, Rosylin will realise this soon and get back on board, reinterpreting the prophecies in this light and finding the fleet the right direction to go. There are humans, and there are cylons, and one created the other, perhaps over and over again.

but the hybrid said "the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house". adama hasn't been having any opera house visions, at least that we know of. though i suppose he could learn "the truth of the opera house" some other way.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Well except you know uh... Cylons were created by lizard people or something in the original.

so maybe the show will end with them finding a planet inhabited by sleestaks.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:38 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
burlivesleftnut wrote:Well except you know uh... Cylons were created by lizard people or something in the original.

so maybe the show will end with them finding a planet inhabited by sleestaks.

Or maybe it'll merge with the show V.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I just hope Riker and Troi don't show up at the end...

Troi can show up.
Without that annoying uniform.
I'd show Riker the air lock so fast he'd think he had warp drive coming out his arse.
The Vicar
Fear & Loathing in the Zone

Postby tapehead on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:36 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
tapehead wrote:Crackpot theory for this week;

but the hybrid said "the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house". adama hasn't been having any opera house visions, at least that we know of. though i suppose he could learn "the truth of the opera house" some other way.

But what was the truth of the Opera House? that Caprica Six and baltar are going to Run off with Hera - the Cylon/Human Baby? I'm pretty sure there would be an easy way to make my crackpot dreams come true.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby The Vicar on Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Maybe the truth of the Opera House is that it was really a disco.

Okay, I got nothing. Still bumming over Dee.
The Vicar

Postby Leckomaniac on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm

I totally forgot John Dahl was directing an episode of Battlestar!

Pleasant surprise.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby The Vicar on Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:00 am

Very tight episode. Strongest entry for me thus far, and next week looks very dangerous.
I'm officially ready to see Gaieta get his other leg blown off.
I'd leave all the conspirators on Earth.
I hope they've still a bit more in mind for Baltar,
because right now he's somewhat a waste of screen time.
And like the Chief said, he "deserves better...".
Well we'd like to see it at any rate.
The Vicar

Postby Fievel on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:15 am

I think that was the most intense episode of the show to date.
Knowing that this is the last season.... all the cards are being put on the table (so to speak)....
Anything is possible, and that just adds to the intensity.
Holy shit.

-So Gaeta's boyfriend isn't in on the mutiny?! Looked like he was led away, or was he doing the leading?
-Baltar as a character really needs to step up. I fully agree with Vicar that he is a waste right now, although I loved the exchange between him and Roslin that ended with her saying "then maybe we're both frauds and this is our last chance at redemption" (or whatever it was she said). Good stuff there.
-Starbuck shooting first and asking questions la- ahh frak it. She never asked ANY questions. Loved it.
-Is the guy that Adama let go going to come back to haunt him? Completely cliche if he does. I hope not.
-Gaeta needs to die a slow painful death. I like the Earth dump idea.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm

I agree, this episode was pretty great... Adama finally got his balls back, and seeing him and Tigh go all commando on a buncha marines was pretty cool. Roslin is finally becoming herself again, she was really getting tiresome during last week's episode.

I want Gaeta to die so bad right now, he is beyond irritating.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby ONeillSG1 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:09 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:I agree, this episode was pretty great... Adama finally got his balls back, and seeing him and Tigh go all commando on a buncha marines was pretty cool. Roslin is finally becoming herself again, she was really getting tiresome during last week's episode.

I hope its not before he gets to serenade us with more of his Gaelic chanting.

<swoon>
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Postby Fievel on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:10 am

ONeillSG1 wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:I agree, this episode was pretty great... Adama finally got his balls back, and seeing him and Tigh go all commando on a buncha marines was pretty cool. Roslin is finally becoming herself again, she was really getting tiresome during last week's episode.

I hope its not before he gets to serenade us with more of his Gaelic chanting.

<swoon>

Gay Gaeta's Gaelic chanting!

Hopefully only if it's in an airlock on his way out.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby Nick on Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:42 am

Pacino86845 wrote:I want Gaeta to die so bad right now, he is beyond irritating.

^^ this
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby papalazeru on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:07 pm

What an episode!!!

As always, Galactica delivers with no only high octane action but charged emotions built up through episodes of character development.

I've given up predicting this and I'm just enjoying the ride.

What I would like to see is Adama and Cyclops die, only to be reborn on earth where there is a hidden ressurrection chamber. That would be cool. We've already established that there may be one too many final 5 people so why not more?

Hell, maybe the prophecy became skewed over time and it wasn't 73 Crystal virgi......I mean 5 final cylons.

papalazeru

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Just watched it. Wasn't impressed. I mean half the episode was people wandering around corridors with gunshots going off in the background and screaming, but no real threat. I too am sick of felix. He's such a puss. Zarrek too. I think I am kind of pissed with the show as a whole because after all the build up with the final five... there's like NOTHING special about them. Somewhere in my subconscious I guess I wanted to see them combine into Mecha-Shiva or something. But no... they get taken out faster than fucking cancer ridden Roslin. And what a humongoid plothole Roslin had this week.

Starbuck: "Why aren't there marines posted here?"

So I am thinking, oh snap Gaeta was so clever and the Marines have her and are gonna killz her. But no. They just were ordered away from their post for no apparent reason. HOW CONVENIENT.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheBaxter on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:47 pm

i agree with pretty much everyone here, it was a really strong episode and had me on the edge of my seat, probably the most since exodus. and based on these being the final episodes i wouldn't be surprised if the part in the preview about tigh being dead turned out to be true. if so, then i fully expect to see a resurrected tigh and his wife coming back to galactica to kick some ass

gaeta is a douche, but i can actually sympathize with his point, if not with his douchiness. i have a feeling i'd be on the "no team up with the cylons" side. like most things on galactica, i think there's a big gray area over who is right or wrong, and if it was adama/roslin who were on the "no cylons" side we'd probably be thinking they were right still. i think i would still be remembering how cylons killed 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of my people.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial