BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ HOLY FRAK!!!)

Postby Nick on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:47 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:I don't know if this has been posted already but I know that I'll be buying a bluray player just for it...

Except it doesn't appear that (at least initially) Caprica is going to be coming out on BD. It will broadcast on Scifi on the same day it is released on DVD, so all hope is not lost on me seeing this in HD. Not 1080p, but I can live with RCN-overcompressed 1080i.
-nick
Nick
AICN Crew

Postby DaleTremont on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 pm

TheBaxter wrote:now that's what i'm talking about. the last couple episodes have been disappointing, but this episode was solid.
the whole piano player is starbuck's-inhead-dad-daniel thing was predictable, but it worked. making AATW the song her dad taught her was an extra layer of awesome. it also raises the question a) if daniel was starbuck's dad, how did HE know AATW, since so far it's only been known to the final five, and b) how did hera also know it? i'm guessing the explanations for those (and starbuck's resurrection) will tie back in to what helen said, that it must have something to do with the god or higher power that is guiding things.
as for starbuck not getting weird looks from other people in the bar, i didnt' really see other people around her during her talking-to-herself scenes... and even those in earshot, if they were even paying attention, probably just figured she was drunk and talking to herself. it wasn't handled any worse than baltar's inhead six scenes.
the boomer storyline worked too. the only complaint i had was that tyrol's conversion back to falling in love with her was a bit too quick and convenient. it would have worked better if they had set it up a little bit in the previous episode. just one scene of him and boomer talking in the brig last episode, showing he still has feelings for her, would've been enough. but it wasn't enough to detract from the episode over all.
with this episdoe, now it really feels like they are moving full speed ahead towards the conclusion. no more filler, it's all momentum headed to the finale from here.

Yeah this was a pretty good episode. I love that they're finally revisiting the Boomer storyline because I always felt like there was more to tell there. It would have felt unfinished if they'd just left her with Cavil and said no more on the subject. Plus I always knew Callie was a total REBOUND. The Chief was always still in love with Boomer.

The Starbuck stuff was also pretty solid. It reminded me a bit of the character-heavy interludes they'd do in earlier seasons like "Scar" and that shit episode with Adama and his wife (except this ep wasn't terrible.) I kind of wish the ghost of Starbuck's dad would have played more Phillip Glass though like the song in the ep when she and Helo go back to her apartment on Caprica. That's much better than this jazz-icized All Along the Watchtower remix we're getting.

The only thing I have to say about this season is that whenever they show clips of earlier seasons like the one of Boomer shooting Adama...it kind of forces me to acknowledge that I think those seasons were better than this one. Maybe it's just me personally but they impacted me more and I always literally couldn't wait to see what they would do week to week. Maybe it's just because they've sort of lost that initial mystery and sense of urgency that came with having to escape the Cylons. Theoretically I like that they're not making things cut and dry with an "us against them" battle of the ages and I like that they're showing this sort of slow implosion with the aftermath of finding Earth was not the promised land and I like that they're trying to answer all their own questions....and yet sometimes it gets so wrapped up in its own mythology it gets a little dull.

Wow I should have just written that whole thing up in the "Losing your Geek Cred" thread. Sorry guys. I guess I'm just not worthy of BSG :(
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby burlivesleftnut on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 pm

The Boomer stuff in this episode was top notch. Excellent villainy all the way around. I really felt bad for Tyrol. Even though the mother fucker wanted to abandon galactica just two weeks ago or something. Fucker. I bet he'll get his. But man Boomer was awesome. She totally fuckered the fleet. What a bitch I love.

The Starbuck stuff was well done as well until the end when all the final four were like, "how'd you play that?" And for a moment I thought they were finally going to embrace her as being special and help her find the answers she is looking for, but then it went from Starbuck being special to Hera special. Which I thought was inadvertently hilarious. And based on the actress's comments about how she felt her character is wrapped up, I am thinking this maybe IT as far as Starbuck goes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bill blake on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:45 am

burlivesleftnut wrote: And based on the actress's comments about how she felt her character is wrapped up, I am thinking this maybe IT as far as Starbuck goes.

can you post a link to that?

please.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:58 am

Meh... I am too lazy. But the gist of it was the actress didn't feel real great about how her character wrapped up.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:17 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm

i bet ceebee would love that flowchart!

the flowchart also demonstrates one of the things i was wondering about after this episode: what ever happened to the earth centurions? where did they go after blowing up earth?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm

TheBaxter wrote:the flowchart also demonstrates one of the things i was wondering about after this episode: what ever happened to the earth centurions? where did they go after blowing up earth?

Umm, didn't they blow up with the Erf?
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:45 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:the flowchart also demonstrates one of the things i was wondering about after this episode: what ever happened to the earth centurions? where did they go after blowing up earth?

maybe... but the show never says. the cylons that blew up caprica didn't blow up with it, so why would we assume the ones who blew up earth did?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby so sorry on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 pm

TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:

maybe... but the show never says. the cylons that blew up caprica didn't blow up with it, so why would we assume the ones who blew up earth did?

[insert picture of old man holding his head in frustration/confusion here]
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheBaxter on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:14 pm

so sorry wrote:
TheBaxter wrote:
so sorry wrote:

[insert picture of old man holding his head in frustration/confusion here]

it would be less frustrating/confusing if the writers ever tell us what happened to the earth toasters.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Fievel on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby instant_karma on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 am

DaleTremont wrote:The only thing I have to say about this season is that whenever they show clips of earlier seasons like the one of Boomer shooting Adama...it kind of forces me to acknowledge that I think those seasons were better than this one. Maybe it's just me personally but they impacted me more and I always literally couldn't wait to see what they would do week to week. Maybe it's just because they've sort of lost that initial mystery and sense of urgency that came with having to escape the Cylons. Theoretically I like that they're not making things cut and dry with an "us against them" battle of the ages and I like that they're showing this sort of slow implosion with the aftermath of finding Earth was not the promised land and I like that they're trying to answer all their own questions....and yet sometimes it gets so wrapped up in its own mythology it gets a little dull.

Wow I should have just written that whole thing up in the "Losing your Geek Cred" thread. Sorry guys. I guess I'm just not worthy of BSG :(

I'm with you on this. I also liked the previous seasons more because of the constant underlying tension that came from knowing that pretty much any quiet scene or character moment could be interupted by somebody shouting "We have Dradis contact! Baseships jumping in!"

I also agree that since the Opera house scene onwards, the series has tended to wallow in it's own mythology. And every time somebody in the show uses the phrase 'the final five' it makes me think of characters in Heroes talking about the man in the horn rimmed glasses.

That said, the Boomer stuff was all excellent.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 am

Not to be a contrarian douche, but what you guys call "wallowing" I call "fulfilling a promise." I guess I too would say that the first season, and the second one too actually, are better than this one but mainly because of how tightly the early seasons were constructed. At this point though the story has got fatter, and I find rather that the writers are wallowing too much in their ability to write dramatic characters in a sci-fi context, which to me has been a bit hit and miss throughout season 4 'cause they seem to be trying too hard. Nevertheless, the Boomer-Tyrol exchange, with direct references to previous seasons, harkened back to the seamless transition between plot and character development that was once one of the show's greatest strengths. So they've still got the touch I think, but tend to meander a little too often.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby instant_karma on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:29 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Not to be a contrarian douche, but what you guys call "wallowing" I call "fulfilling a promise." I guess I too would say that the first season, and the second one too actually, are better than this one but mainly because of how tightly the early seasons were constructed. At this point though the story has got fatter, and I find rather that the writers are wallowing too much in their ability to write dramatic characters in a sci-fi context, which to me has been a bit hit and miss throughout season 4 'cause they seem to be trying too hard. Nevertheless, the Boomer-Tyrol exchange, with direct references to previous seasons, harkened back to the seamless transition between plot and character development that was once one of the show's greatest strengths. So they've still got the touch I think, but tend to meander a little too often.

I hate you and will not rest until you are destroyed!
instant_karma

Postby Pacino86845 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:33 am

Not to be a contrarian douche, but I think you like me and will rest as I live... er, long and... something.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:48 am

Pacino86845 wrote:Not to be a contrarian douche, but I think you like me and will rest as I live... er, long and... something.

Why was this never made into a rank?
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby instant_karma on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

Fievel wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:Not to be a contrarian douche, but I think you like me and will rest as I live... er, long and... something.

Why was this never made into a rank?

I heard they wanted to make it into a rank, but couldn't get copyright clearances from Peven :twisted:
instant_karma

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:13 am

Wow tonight's episode was pretty crappy IMO... more of the indulgent dramatic hogwash, but I suppose all that's left is one giant confrontation that they're gonna save for the finale... how many times have we seen Adama "lose it" this season? First when he learns Tigh's a Cylon, then when Callie dies, then when we learn Earth is a shithole, and now when Galactica is falling apart... geez, it's getting old now! Way to ruin an erstwhile terrific character!

I predict Galactica will be used as one giant projectile at some point, much like Pegasus had been. I'm also betting Adama will be on the ship when the ramming is to occur.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby so sorry on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:08 am

I bet Galactica will be the 13th Cylon.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby swoop91 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

Sam is galactica :D
swoop91
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:00 pm

I think Adama's frequent fits are somehow connected to the pills he keeps choking down. He has a "condition," and we all know how hard that can be. Maybe he's missing doses. Throwing the paint around was a bit much, though.

Would someone poison Ellen Tigh again, please?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby Hermanator X on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:49 pm

tapehead wrote:
Hermanator X wrote:
tapehead wrote:
Pacino86845 wrote:I think that entire bionic ooze subplot is in place only to make us believe the inevitable Galactica vs base ships showdown... we might get to see Galactica get the hell beaten out of her, and given the previous battles we'd seen her in, these repairs to her "foundations" add credibility to her lasting long enough to ensure the fleet's safety.

Agreed - I also think that the idea of a sentient Galactica will get some more play.

The ship could only become sentient if it has a hybrid. The dying leader takes a bath? Adama? Roslin?
Personally I think the idea stinks and hope it doesnt happen.

You're imposing rules that don't exist in this universe, but I guess it's because you don't like the idea. I think it might well happen (what the hell else is all this set up for?), not that I'm suggesting it will think complex thoughts or have sophisticated free will, but maybe it will be a little like the cylon raiders (remember they were described as sentient, and compared to dogs in those eps where the one called Scar featured) and do something that expresses some level of consciousness at some point.

:wink:

My point was that the base stars need hybrids, due to their size, which has been stated in the show, so I didnt make it up. It makes sense that Galactica would require the same, rather than just becoming "alive." Im well aware the raiders are sentient too, but they also have a full nervous and respiratory system (Starbucks breathing tube etc when coming back from crash landing in first season) so yes, they are alive as individual entities, but because they were made that way, not painted with magic goop like the toaster in Ghostbusters 2.

I actually quite liked Anders taking control of the ship the way it was done, so I can live with that.
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby tapehead on Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm

That's a fair point you make there, now that you mention it... and now since Anders has got the hook up, there's no way the Admiral is going through with his plans to decommission Galactica.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:01 pm

Adama paint hissy fit = prolific shark jumping.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby DennisMM on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:57 pm

He's got a condition, I tell ya!

"When you've got a condition, it's bad to forget your medicine."
-Marv, Sin City, "The Hard Goodbye"
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:25 pm

So is the ol' "dying leader" prophecy actually referring to Anders?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I thought it was the Admiral, but he does just seem to experiencing a series of nervous breakdowns at this point. Hybrid Anders seems set to be in cotrol of the Galactica pretty soon, and he seems to have a direct line to the prophecy and revelations at the moment (when he's not comatose), and he is, come to think of it, the one who wrote 'All Along the Watchtower' on the version of Earth the fleet arrived at - but 'dying leader'? I'm not so sure. That's one of the elements, along with 'who is the Daniel Cylon?', that still seem to be undecided to me. Daniel, it seems, must be either Kara Thrace's Dad, or possibly, just maybe, Gaius (especially since his mental communing with Caprica Six seems much the same as the 'Cylon Projection' we've seen so much of lately). If it's Starbuck Senior, then Starbuck might also be a previous cylon/human hybrid, But if it's Gaius, then he might be the Messiah he's pretending to be all along.
I've also been considering the possibility that one or several of these Final Five or Twelve might exist among the fleet from the previous go-round of this whole spiral or cycle of existence, but that is starting to seem slightly unlikely at so late a juncture.

It's quite nice that the scene appears set for lots of action and at least a few more satifying myth reveals for the last overt the last few eps. Despite the few mis-steps we've seen and perhaps a few too many fake-outs and obfuscations, I am so on-board for the Galactica jumping right into the midst of the Colony (as Hera clumsily foreshadowed with the model ships on the basestar at the start of the most recent ep) for an exciting show down and some bloody good explanations.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:02 pm

Maybe the "leader" is actually going to be some sort of holy trinity...thing.

...with Roslin, Anders and Hera combining to become the SuperMechaLeader of all human/cylon kind.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:12 pm

Fried Gold wrote:Maybe the "leader" is actually going to be some sort of holy trinity...thing.

...with Roslin, Anders and Hera combining to become the SuperMechaLeader of all human/cylon kind.

I've been having similar thoughts... but I've also been watching a lot of Space Battleship Yamato and Neon Genesis Evangelion whilst stoned and drinking green tea late at night. Fuck it, I'm ready, bring on the Mecha!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby LegoKenobi on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:48 am

the thought that occurred to me was: now that anders seems destined to be a tub hybrid (complete with prophetic word salad!), does this mean that all the PREVIOUS tub hybrids are also anders, from previous lives, complete with bullets in the head? granted, there's the gender-crossing thing, but who's to say the cylons don't experiment with different genders in reincarnations? that would explain starbuck, assuming she is a cylon of some sort (even a nice tie in to the original series, with the bonus effect of pissing off dirk benedict even more!).
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Fried Gold on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 pm

LegoKenobi wrote:the thought that occurred to me was: now that anders seems destined to be a tub hybrid (complete with prophetic word salad!), does this mean that all the PREVIOUS tub hybrids are also anders, from previous lives, complete with bullets in the head? granted, there's the gender-crossing thing, but who's to say the cylons don't experiment with different genders in reincarnations? that would explain starbuck, assuming she is a cylon of some sort (even a nice tie in to the original series, with the bonus effect of pissing off dirk benedict even more!).

I thought the Hybrids were humans who were intentionally diced up and cyborgised by the Cylons.

One assumes Starbuck was resurrected by the original resurrection hub built by ancient-Tyrol...and is probably still human.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby instant_karma on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 am

Anyone concerned that a lot of the BSG backstory might not be wrapped up at the series end, so that the producers can tell people that the answers they're seeking will be found in Caprica, as a means of making sure the BSG audience switches to the new show?
instant_karma

Postby Hermanator X on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 am

instant_karma wrote:Anyone concerned that a lot of the BSG backstory might not be wrapped up at the series end, so that the producers can tell people that the answers they're seeking will be found in Caprica, as a means of making sure the BSG audience switches to the new show?

Me. I voiced that concern a while back. I hope its all a self contained story. Caprica can certainly add to the universe, but I hope plot points arent left dangling like carrots to a donkey (Us).
...and so forth.
Hermanator X
AIRWOLF

Postby LegoKenobi on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:10 am

instant_karma wrote:Anyone concerned that a lot of the BSG backstory might not be wrapped up at the series end, so that the producers can tell people that the answers they're seeking will be found in Caprica, as a means of making sure the BSG audience switches to the new show?

ron moore has said that there will be nothing left hanging that way, i believe. i can't remember if it was one of his podcasts, or that Q&A with the chicago times and fans, where i learned that though.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:28 am

I'm wondering if "Caprica" will end with Cavill placing the 5 in the colonies. Which brings me to something else I've been wondering: how old were the 5 when Cavill placed them. Were they children or adults? If they were adults how do you explain away five people just appearing out of nowhere? They have childhood memories but those could be implants from Cavill. Are you going to tell me that none of them ever had to pass a background check? Who would vouch for these people? Just wondering.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby tapehead on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:35 am

Tyrone_Shoelaces wrote:Are you going to tell me that none of them ever had to pass a background check? Who would vouch for these people?

Other sleeper agents and cylons on Earth, I would guess. Back in earlier seasons I considered that it might be easy to logically work out who the FInal Five were, based on the fact that they would be loners (like Gaius), or orphans or of unknown parentage (Like Kara Thrace), factors like that. It hasn't worked out that way, at the cost of a certain level of what I guess you might call 'plausibility' or likelihood.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby Pacino86845 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:55 am

At some point, with Adama packing up his stuff in his quarters, I was begging him in my mind NOT to break out into tears AGAIN! Thank frak he was making his speech on the hangar deck like he had a couple...

Life on Caprica city was kinda cool to watch, but one complaint I have is how Six had to sort of earn a special place in Baltar's heart before they started their epic sex marathon. That aspect retroactively removed a lot of the steam from their initial relationship... in the mini-series, the understanding was that Six was such a hot bombshell the likes of which Baltar, in all his exploits with hot women, had never seen... and therein lay the seduction, why he became so enamored with Six: that the perfect woman was a robot, but given his own arrogance and intellectual pride (remember folks, Baltar used to be SMART!), he became convinced there was something more to it... and combined with his in-head visions (which might end up being a manifestation of his mental defense) the mystique was thus created. But this weird sentimental shit undermines that initial analysis, in my opinion... and to boot the scene with Desperate Roslins was yet more unnecessary sentimental crap leading to unnecessary drama... but I liked the scene with Apollo and the pigeon, it was a very nice way to portray Zack's death without portraying it. Starbuck was back in her best hairdo in those flashback scenes, and that alone makes the entire Caprica component worthwhile.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby DennisMM on Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 pm

How did that "Fuck!" from the Raptor pilot make it to air?
DennisMM

Postby Fievel on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:43 pm

DennisMM wrote:How did that "Fuck!" from the Raptor pilot make it to air?

I triple-checked that.... there was an "r" in there.... at least to my ears.

Wow.... almost over.
The Caprica scenes were okay, but I don't think necessary at all. Maybe if the entire 2-parter is watched at once it will work better for me.
Who knows.
Not me.
Just don't let the final two hours suck.
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby DennisMM on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:18 am

Must have been "fruck!" then, because it wasn't an "a" sound.

The last two hours have to be bigger than all this set-up has been. That's what they do. You get tense but not overwhelming people stuff, then an episode like "Exodus, Part II."
DennisMM

Postby John-Locke on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:09 am

When Baltar said "I need this like a fracking hole in the head" (in the grumpy old man scene) I could have sworn he said fucking, I've listened to it a good few times and I'm still not sure if there is an r in the word.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:05 am

Baltar actually said "fark".

The finale part 1:

- During the hanger deck scene, I couldn't help but think of Klaus being confused about what side of Steve Zissou's line to stand on.
- If the identity of the man who killed Roslin's family back on Caprica turns out to be anyone Cylon or related to the fleet's adventures, it will be quite silly.
- Seems as though Ellen has returned to be the better character introduced in "No Exit". Well done to the writing team for flip-flopping.
- I can't believe we won't get to see the gunslinging skills of Doc Cottle.
- Accretion discs were mentioned. Doubleplusgood.
- Anders - "...slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection..." - seems like a pretty clear sign that Galactica will be destroyed.

The finale, parts 2+:
Much of the slightly annoying mysticism of previous seasons has this year been explained by science, or given grounding in logic. Although somewhat convoluted, at least people haven't been seeing ghosts or been having divine inspirations. BSG is best when it centres around the people, as opposed to the gods and the sacred lost tribes of whatshisface. Desperate times with people's actions is far more gripping than Roslin's vision of the week. Hopefully the last chapter will not be any different.

The Opera House visions - Roslin and Baltar are both part Cylon. Humano-cylons must have happened before. Perhaps that's why they can both do the Cylon mental projection doohicky.

Kara Thrace (is she dead/cylon/Thing?) - Probably turns out to be another type of Old School Cylon, resurrected for the first time on Earth. She is the "harbinger of death" because her return heralds the end of resurrection and the return to natural reproduction. Daniel or someone probably created her. She was married to the other Original Cylon, Bob Dylan, who later changed his name via deed poll to Gaius Baltar.

Another Earth - not the Cylon Earth that they found, but a habitable planet that the Cylons know about, is waiting to be the fleet's new home planet.

Cavill - Adama will end him, during a final Return of the Jedi-style space battle, going out like Slim Pickens. And it's about time we had another space battle, seems like it's been about two years since the last one.

Daniel - will return with Akira-like powers, having been guiding everyone via a supermassive mental projection exercise.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:19 am

Fried Gold wrote:
Cavill - Adama will end him, during a final Return of the Jedi-style space battle, going out like Slim Pickens. And it's about time we had another space battle, seems like it's been about two years since the last one.

Right before Adama strikes the killing blow, a blue light surrounds Cavill. He then leaps into the body of a woman wearing high heels. The heel breaks. He will then stumble awkwardly and get a run in his panty hose. Cavill will then look at the camera and exclaim "oh boy".
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:02 pm

This was a great episode. Deep, multi-layered. And the whole set up is bad ass. The volunteering seen actually got me a little emotional. Who's going to make it out of this alive, if anyone? I am finally excited about the finally.

Question. Did Baltar cross the red line or not? It seems like he wanted to, but they never showed it.

Man can't wait for next week.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby DennisMM on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:40 pm

He didn't that I can see. I'm hoping he'll volunteer, anyway, next week. They set it up so obviously in his talk with Lee that it's either got to happen or they are playing him as even lower than he now thinks he is. Either way, it could be interesting.
DennisMM

Postby Fried Gold on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:57 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:This was a great episode. Deep, multi-layered. And the whole set up is bad ass. The volunteering seen actually got me a little emotional. Who's going to make it out of this alive, if anyone? I am finally excited about the finally.

Question. Did Baltar cross the red line or not? It seems like he wanted to, but they never showed it.

Man can't wait for next week.

Baltar didn't cross the line. It looked to me like he really didn't want to, finally not giving in to the pressure from the other main characters like he has in the past to try and save face. It seems doubtful that he won't be involved though.

Did they mention using the rebel-basestar in some way as part of the plan?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby MonkeyM666 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:48 pm

I don't recall them mentioning the use of the basestar but I would say that they would have too. At least some heavy raders.

Man these are some of the best episodes of dramatic television that I have every seen, really. I cannot remember when I have been so emotionally vested in a tv show. It's a bitter sweet final few eps for me and even though I can't wait for the next ep, I also don't want it to end.
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LegoKenobi on Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 pm

MonkeyM666 wrote:It's a bitter sweet final few eps for me and even though I can't wait for the next ep, I also don't want it to end.

so say we all.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby bill blake on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:25 am

i'm going to miss this show - no doubt.

but i'm really going to miss this board.

i know two other people, here beautiful shitcago (along my bother in KC and a guy in a small town in Kan.) that watch bsg.
it's a lonely existence. this board has been the only conversation i could turn to outside my small pool.

the crackpot theories rock. as well as most posts.

over 4700 replies. there's nothing like in coax (not even the vaunted "lost")

thank you
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial