BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ Happy Trails...)

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA (Now w/ HOLY FRAK!!!)

Postby LegoKenobi on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:14 am

bill blake wrote:i'm going to miss this show - no doubt.

but i'm really going to miss this board.

i know two other people, here beautiful shitcago (along my bother in KC and a guy in a small town in Kan.) that watch bsg.
it's a lonely existence. this board has been the only conversation i could turn to outside my small pool.

the crackpot theories rock. as well as most posts.

over 4700 replies. there's nothing like in coax (not even the vaunted "lost")

thank you

i'll second this. i've almost completely stopped visiting AICN (after reading it for longer than i can remember), except for this board. the crap in the general forums drive me away, but this board kept me coming back, and i'll miss it. thank you to everyone for keeping it going -- for all the great theories, for the humor, for digging up great links that i in turn sent off to BSG-watching people i know... it's been really great.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Pacino86845 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am

I too have been getting sentimental, just the other day I was going through some of the posts that were made at the beginning of, or just prior to, season 4. When I have a bit more time I plan on rereading the bulk of this damned thread! :)
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fievel on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 am

LegoKenobi wrote:
bill blake wrote:i'm going to miss this show - no doubt.

but i'm really going to miss this board.

i know two other people, here beautiful shitcago (along my bother in KC and a guy in a small town in Kan.) that watch bsg.
it's a lonely existence. this board has been the only conversation i could turn to outside my small pool.

the crackpot theories rock. as well as most posts.

over 4700 replies. there's nothing like in coax (not even the vaunted "lost")

thank you

i'll second this. i've almost completely stopped visiting AICN (after reading it for longer than i can remember), except for this board. the crap in the general forums drive me away, but this board kept me coming back, and i'll miss it. thank you to everyone for keeping it going -- for all the great theories, for the humor, for digging up great links that i in turn sent off to BSG-watching people i know... it's been really great.

Hey guys, there ARE other threads in the Zone other than the BSG thread!
Most of them contain the same level of debate, observation, and wit, and would love to have more Bill Blake AND LegoKenobi!!
The Zone isn't going away when BSG does....

....we still have CAPRICA!!!!!!! :D
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby LegoKenobi on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:29 am

Fievel wrote:....we still have CAPRICA!!!!!!! :D

OMG, you're RIGHT!
lol

as for other forums here, well, i don't watch a whole lot of TV in general, so i haven't popped in on any others because of that. BSG was pretty much IT.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:09 pm

bill blake wrote:over 4700 replies. there's nothing like in coax (not even the vaunted "lost")

Sigh... you had to go there, huh?

LOST: Season 2 Thread= 2849 posts
LOST: Season 3 Thread= 3243 posts
LOST: Season 4 Thread= 2593 posts

Not that anyone's counting... :wink:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby bill blake on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 pm

so sorry wrote:
bill blake wrote:over 4700 replies. there's nothing like in coax (not even the vaunted "lost")

... so much for trying to compliment a bunch of fan boys. i guess i won't miss this board that much.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 pm

bill blake wrote:
so sorry wrote:

... so much for trying to compliment a bunch of fan boys. i guess i won't miss this board that much.

Lighten up Francis... twas just a jab in jest.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby bill blake on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:01 pm

so sorry wrote:
bill blake wrote:
so sorry wrote:

it too jest!! i was actually wondering what the total amount of lost posts there were, but did not want to deal with this board's search engine.

i knew i could count on the anal retentiveness of a dedicated zoner if i worded my post just right.
bill blake
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby so sorry on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:16 pm

bill blake wrote:
so sorry wrote:
bill blake wrote:
so sorry wrote:

it too jest!! i was actually wondering what the total amount of lost posts there were, but did not want to deal with this board's search engine.

i knew i could count on the anal retentiveness of a dedicated zoner if i worded my post just right.

dedicated Zoner and huge LOST fan!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I thin this thread should be locked and Battlestar Galactica never talked about again after the finale.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:34 pm

Fried Gold wrote:I thin this thread should be locked and Battlestar Galactica never talked about again after the finale.

Don't be silly.

All this has happened before and will happen again :wink:
Papa: The musical!

Padders: "Not very classy! Not very classy at all!"
So Sorry "I'll give you a word to describe it: classless."
Cptn Kirks 2pay: ".....utterly unclassy....."
DennisMM: "...Decidedly unclassy..."
papalazeru
Not very classy! Not very classy at all!!

Postby Fried Gold on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:43 pm

papalazeru wrote:
Fried Gold wrote:I think this thread should be locked and Battlestar Galactica never talked about again after the finale.

Don't be silly.

All this has happened before and will happen again :wink:

Exactly.

So if we lock this thread, a new one will come along sooner or later....and become increasingly convoluted and bogged down in unnecessary mysticism.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby papalazeru on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:11 pm

It's actually all based on an ancient mesopotamian riddle which they found in 1904.

papalazeru

Postby LegoKenobi on Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:28 pm

off topic, but in a way not really, has everyone seen THIS??

Sci Fi Channel Aims to Shed Geeky Image With New Name
http://tinyurl.com/c94tz2

...apparently, sci fi has ALSO had a plan -- well, since the mid-1990s -- and it consists of alienating their core demographic and (dare i say) ignoring the entire POINT of having a channel called "sci fi" in the first place.

after BSG is done, i think i am done with the sci fi channel entirely. i'll get my doctor who fix some other way, thank you very much. not sure i'm in for the caprica ride yet or not. the only good thing about this news is that it leaves the field wide open for someone to come in and start a REAL science fiction based channel. at least they let BSG finish first.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby DaleTremont on Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:45 am

LegoKenobi wrote:off topic, but in a way not really, has everyone seen THIS??

Sci Fi Channel Aims to Shed Geeky Image With New Name
http://tinyurl.com/c94tz2

...apparently, sci fi has ALSO had a plan -- well, since the mid-1990s -- and it consists of alienating their core demographic and (dare i say) ignoring the entire POINT of having a channel called "sci fi" in the first place.

after BSG is done, i think i am done with the sci fi channel entirely. i'll get my doctor who fix some other way, thank you very much. not sure i'm in for the caprica ride yet or not. the only good thing about this news is that it leaves the field wide open for someone to come in and start a REAL science fiction based channel. at least they let BSG finish first.

Indeed it is very silly. You can discuss it here as well.

As to the latest episode, I have to say I'm getting tired of these cheesy grand emotional gestures. The Adama paint scene was bad enough but then the Roslin bathing in a fountain scene?

I'm looking forward to the final 2 hours of Battlestar to prove my assessment of this season entirely wrong by sheer awesomeness...
DaleTremont
Loincloth Bronson

Postby instant_karma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 am

I just got a 419 scam email from a Dr William Adama!

"FROM THE DESK OF DR.WILLIAM ADAMA.
MANAGER FOREIGN REMITTANCE
DEPARTMENT.
BANK OF AFRICA. (BOA)
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO.
WEST AFRICA.

Dear Friend
This letter must come to you as a big surprise, but I believe it is only a day that people meet and become great friends and business partners. I am DR.WILLIAM ADAMA. currently Foreign Remittance Department Manager with a reputable bank here, Bank Of Africa (BOA).I write you this proposal in good faith, believing that I can trust you with the information I am about to reveal to you.

I have an urgent and very confidential business proposition for you.On November 6, 2003, an Iraqi Foreign Oil consultant/contractor with the CHEVRON PETROLEUM CORPORATION, MR. Haider Hanoon made a (Fixed deposit) for 36 calendar months, valued at US$17,500,000.00 (Seventeen Million Five hundred Thousand Dollars only) in my bank and I happen to be his account officer before I was moved to my present position recently. Upon maturity in 2005, as his account officer, it is my duty to notify him on the maturity date so I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but the letter was returned undelivered.

After sometime, I tried sending back the letter, but it was again returned and finally I discovered from his contract employers, Chevron Petroleum Corporation that Mr. Haider Hanoon died as a result of torture in the hand of Saddam Hussein (former Iraqi President) during one of his trips to his country Iraq, as he was accused of leaking information to the Americans.

On further investigation, I discovered that MR.Haider Hanoon family wife and two sons died during the Gulf War in Iraq and that was the reason why he did not declare any next of kin or relation in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank and did not leave any WILL.

This sum of US$17,500,000.00 have been floating and placed under dormant/unserviceable account by my bank management since no one have heard from the owner since 2005. During our Auditing of the year 2008,The management under the influence of our chairman and member of the board of Directors has made an arrangement for the fund to be declared 'UNCLAIMABLE' and subsequently be turned to the reserve account of the bank.I wish to let you know that all the investigation I have made so far, my bank management is not aware of it, I am the only one that have the information and if I do not move this money out of the country immediately, the bank management will transfer the fund into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund.

It is based on this reason that I contacted you because I cannot directly transfer out this money without the help of a foreigner and that is why I am contacting you for an assistance.As the Account Officer to late MR.Haider Hanoon , coupled with my present position and status in the bank as Foreign Remittance Department Manager of my bank, I have the power to influence the release of the funds to any foreigner that comes up as the next of kin to the account, with the correct information concerning the account, which I shall give you.

All documents to enable you claim this fund will be carefully worked out and there is practically no risk involved, the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law, If you accept to work with me, I will like to inform you that at the conclusion of this transaction,30% of the total amount will be your share for providing a foreign account where this fund will be transferred to,60% will be my share as the source of the information while 10% will be map out incase of any expensis that may occure during the transfer process so that both parties will be satisfied. If you are interested, contact me as soon as you receive this message so we can go over the details.

Please endeavor to include your full name and address, private phone and fax number for our easy communication. Again you must keep our dealings very private and confidential. As I await your urgent response. Please kindly reply to this letter and as well state your wish in this deal.

I wait your urgent reply .
Regards,
DR.WILLIAM ADAMA. "

I hope the final episode of BSG doesn't involve them finding Earth and using their superior human/cylon technology for dodgy internet scams...
Last edited by instant_karma on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
instant_karma
Comes in 4 exciting flavours

Postby papalazeru on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 am

Oh please...I don't have time cos I'm at work but can someone alter that so it looks like it's come from Adama himself :D

papalazeru

Postby VegasRon on Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Pacino86845 wrote:At some point, with Adama packing up his stuff in his quarters, I was begging him in my mind NOT to break out into tears AGAIN! Thank frak he was making his speech on the hangar deck like he had a couple...

Life on Caprica city was kinda cool to watch, but one complaint I have is how Six had to sort of earn a special place in Baltar's heart before they started their epic sex marathon. That aspect retroactively removed a lot of the steam from their initial relationship... in the mini-series, the understanding was that Six was such a hot bombshell the likes of which Baltar, in all his exploits with hot women, had never seen... and therein lay the seduction, why he became so enamored with Six: that the perfect woman was a robot, but given his own arrogance and intellectual pride (remember folks, Baltar used to be SMART!), he became convinced there was something more to it... and combined with his in-head visions (which might end up being a manifestation of his mental defense) the mystique was thus created. But this weird sentimental shit undermines that initial analysis, in my opinion... and to boot the scene with Desperate Roslins was yet more unnecessary sentimental crap leading to unnecessary drama... but I liked the scene with Apollo and the pigeon, it was a very nice way to portray Zack's death without portraying it. Starbuck was back in her best hairdo in those flashback scenes, and that alone makes the entire Caprica component worthwhile.

I don't even understand why this shit was written in the first place. You're right, the Baltar/6 stuff actually undermines their dynamic in my eyes. Don't even get me started on the Roslin storyline.

I'm probably semi-alone in this, but I just want the series to end so I can get some closure. Once great characters have been reduced to annoying set dressing that have to get a word or two in per ep or we forget they exist. I'm satisfied with the great sci fi moore has given us, but, for the most part, everything after the end of S2 has been a disappointment.
You can't take the sky from me...
VegasRon
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 am

We'll see how the series ends, but I think a case can be made that Moore reached a little too far with the mythology in this show. The earlier seasons where the focus was on politics/survival just seem more cohesive.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Fievel on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:04 am

Just watched the "Last Frakkin Special"
I think they hinted at part of the ending that strays from what I figured was going to happen.
Otherwise, a decent special.

Big 11 hour marathon this Friday leading up to the finale.
Achievement Unlocked: TOTAL DOMINATION (Win a Werewolf Game without losing a single player on your team)
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby instant_karma on Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:51 am

I just have a personal revelation about why Katee Sachhoff bugs me. It's been there right from the start and I used to think it was because I didn't like certain ways she interpreted the character, but it turns out to be something far more simple than that.

She looks like Macaulay Culkin!!!!

I feel like a burden has been lifted...
instant_karma

Postby LegoKenobi on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:13 am

AAAAGGGGHHHH -- i frackin' forgot about the last frackin' speciail!!!!
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 am

VegasRon wrote:I'm probably semi-alone in this, but I just want the series to end so I can get some closure.

At this point what was not long ago a contender for my "favorite show evar" has stumbled too often in the past two seasons that I reserve my final judgement upon rewatching everything without week-long interludes between episodes, year-long interludes between the last couple of seasons...

Once great characters have been reduced to annoying set dressing that have to get a word or two in per ep or we forget they exist.

Sadly, you speak the truth... but I think there's hope yet for Starbuck, Tigh and a few other characters...

I'm satisfied with the great sci fi moore has given us, but, for the most part, everything after the end of S2 has been a disappointment.

To pinpoint THE moment when things sort of started to fall apart (with occasional bursts of brilliance of course, particularly seasons finales and premieres), I'd say it happened by around the Clyon virus episodes in season 3. In the beginning of season 3 we had New Caprica, which was an amazing arc to say the least... then we had the inquisition on Galactica and Baltar's adventures on a Cylon base ship/bordello, and shortly thereafter the Cylon virus, which had generated some excellent debate right here in this very thread! One could probably argue that the eye of Jupiter story was also pretty exciting at the time, but as soon as Xena got boxed- BAM! It seems a great wind was knocked out of the series...

There was some meandering in season 3, a little too much time "wasted": we had Cat's death, the workers' grievance story, the prolonged pre-trial build up... these things may have looked good on paper but when they played out after waiting one or two weeks for a new episode of BSG, they killed the momentum for me... if anything, to me it was this departure from mythology-based and/or Cylon-stand-off stories in season 3 that had detrimental effects on the quality... instead the focus became more "personal" stories for some of the characters, and the writers just sort of stuck with that last note, and have been stuck with it to this date, as frankly amateur melodrama is made to pass for character development.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

The "Cylon virus" - was that back when the basestar was found with the cylon crew dying from meningitis?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Well if you put it that way then it just sounds silly...
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Perhaps... I was just trying to get the order of events straight, as I could remember if it happened before or after Baltar's trial.

Did the Cylon ever find a cure for it?
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Pacino86845 on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 pm

The Cylons no, but I think Cottle did find a cure using Hera's magical god-blood... or something.
Pacino86845
EGYPTIAN LOVER

Postby Fried Gold on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah, I remember now. And Adama was going to weaponise meningitis to use on the Cylons....but they stopped at the last minute on moral grounds or something.

(we should write an abridged version of all four seasons in this way.)
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby LegoKenobi on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Fried Gold wrote:(we should write an abridged version of all four seasons in this way.)

this works for me, although it needs updating:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=62611
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Evil Hobbit on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:41 pm

MY GOD! Is it possible to speak any faster?????!!! Holy smokeys.
Evil Hobbit
AIRWOLF

Postby Mr. Nice Gaius on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:06 pm

This might get some of your juices flowing...

"Battlestar Galactica" Finale Resonates Culturally and Politically.

There Must Be Some Kind of Way Out of Here.

The most politically engaging, culturally relevant, socially entertaining and spiritually rewarding experience I had this past week was watching the two-hour finale of Battlestar Galactica, at a special press screening hosted by Sci Fi network, which announced yesterday it would soon be called Syfy.

Without sharing any of the details about the two-hour conclusion to be aired this Friday, it ranks among the best - if not the best - of all series grand finales. With the loss this year of Battlestar, unquestionably one of the top ten one-hour drama series ever, along with ER and, next year, Lost, the age of great long-running television dramatic series is coming to an end.

The themes in the finale of Battlestar Galactica have more to offer in the way of solutions for the challenges we face than all the news media, politicians, economists, op ed writers and pundits combined
."

Hyperbole, perhaps. But it's still pretty cool. It's hard to believe the show is coming to a finish. As much as I'm looking forward to it, I'll be strangely sad to see it go.
Mr. Nice Gaius
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby LegoKenobi on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:39 pm

wow, that's high praise. i hate to buy into that, but dammit, i'm excited and sad all at the same time.

here's MORE to add to it: i'm listening to ron moore's podcast for last week's episode, and he said DEFINITIVELY that kara thrace is NOT the daughter of the boxed cylon known as daniel. he says basically that he knows the theory is popular out here on the web that there's this connection between them, and that the "daughter theory" is a prominent one, but that is NOT the case, and that there is "no connection between the two."

he says that normally he likes to let everyone just spin their theories and have fun with it, but that in this case he doesn't want anyone to go into the finale with "daniel hopes" up too high and get "distracted" from the story that DOES go on.

well, FRACK! now i just don't know what to think...
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Really, why even bring up Daniel then? Ron Moore, you just made the list.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby TheBaxter on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:54 pm

well, he doesn't say daniel doesn't play any part in the finale. only that he's not starbuck' s daddy. he could still play some part in this.
however, if there isn't some explanation to the daniel thing in the finale, throwing that into the mix does seem kind of dumb.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Or maybe they realized they miscounted cylons and just threw that in there to make it right.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby tapehead on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:59 am

Daniel IS GAIUS!
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby LegoKenobi on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 am

tapehead wrote:Daniel IS GAIUS!

i could totally buy this. it really fits.

also, there's gotta be another resurrection hub out there that not even cavil knows about, don't you think?
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby RogueScribner on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Daniel better not be Baltar. Making him a Cylon would totally undermine his character arc for the entire series. And you can't throw something out there like that right at the end either.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby LegoKenobi on Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:59 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Daniel better not be Baltar. Making him a Cylon would totally undermine his character arc for the entire series. And you can't throw something out there like that right at the end either.

well, i agree: it TOTALLY would. but you have to admit, it does fit.
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby LegoKenobi on Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:59 pm

just read this at slashdot, and thought i'd share:

Battlestar Galactica hosted at the U.N.:
http://idle.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid ... 2&from=rss

i don't have time to go through the full two hour clip, but thankfully someone posted the relevant part from the article here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSFDrOxWCXY

eddie olmos rules. so say we all!
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby tapehead on Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:18 pm

RogueScribner wrote:Daniel better not be Baltar. Making him a Cylon would totally undermine his character arc for the entire series. And you can't throw something out there like that right at the end either.

Oh you definitely can, This Gaius is Daniel thing is pretty minor compared to a few of the revelations they will have to drop to resolve things satisfactorily, in my opinion.
tapehead
BALLS!!!

Postby TheBaxter on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:06 pm

LegoKenobi wrote:i don't have time to go through the full two hour clip, but thankfully someone posted the relevant part from the article here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSFDrOxWCXY

eddie olmos rules. so say we all!

ummm... why is whoopi goldberg there?

OMG... Daniel IS GUINAN! :shock:
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby LegoKenobi on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:45 pm

TheBaxter wrote: ummm... why is whoopi goldberg there?

i don't know, and i don't want to know until after friday. i'm doing pretty well at forgetting i ever saw her. maybe she's just a big booster of the show on "the view"... right?
- LegoKenobi
LegoKenobi
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby fangeek on Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:34 pm

i am huge BSG geek. i love the show and i am going to miss it when it leaves. but the honest truth is that if ron moore wraps the series in a nice little bow i will be sorely disappointed. this is and never was a little bow type show. ross and rachel dont get married. the gang doesnt all find some mythical state college they can all go too. the doors dont close leaving us with a sense that all will be well in there world. i want it to end with a feeling that their lives and struggles continue well after the cameras stop rolling and the stage goes dark. yes i want the major questions answered but what is more is that i want the credits to roll and be left with the feeling that it was and continued to be a great show.
fangeek
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby papalazeru on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 am

FUUUUCK! It's just hit me.

Tonight...and that'll be it. Tonight...and it's all gone.

FUUUUUCK!

Nothing will fill the hole...EVA!

until they make a movie continuing the story.

papalazeru

Postby instant_karma on Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:36 pm

papalazeru wrote:Nothing will fill the hole...EVA!

You could try asking Havoc...
instant_karma

Postby TheBaxter on Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:59 pm

even worse, after tonight... NO MORE CRAZY BSG THEORIES!!!!!!!!!

so this is my last chance to throw out a crazy BSG theory. after tonight, every question will either have an answer, or will never be answered.
so here is my ALL-TIME FINAL crazy BSG theory. this is based in part on that EJO speech at the UN, and a modification of Pacino's "humans ARE cylons" theory.
the point of EJO's speech is that there is only one race: the human race. the notion of race is used to divide us and rationalize war and destroying other people's cultures. so, applying that theme to the BSG universe, you would have to assume that humans and cylons are the same race, and that cavill is the one trying to use the notion of race (human race vs. cylon race) to divide them and justify war. but if humans and cylons ARE the same race then what are they? i think they are HYBRIDS. specifically, the 13 tribes of kobol were one tribe of pure cylons (who went to earth) and 12 tribes of mixed-race hybrids. there are no pure humans left, but the 12 tribes were so intermixed that some are more or less 'cylon' than others, but everyone is at least part cylon. the ones who have more cylon blood end up like roslin, having opera-house visions, or like starbuck's daddy, who, like hera, the only KNOWN hybrid, knew that earth song even though he'd never been there. the more cylon blood you've got, the more you can tap into those visions, songs, and all the other underlying cylonish stuff going on. as for starbuck... her daddy was a hybrid with a high percentage of cylon blood, and maybe her mommy was carrying some recessive cylon genes or something, so she turned out almost like a pure cylon, kinda like an albino or something, naturally born to two hybrids, and thus was able to spontaneously resurrect when she died. and in the finale, they'll discover they are all really one race of human-cylon hybrids, defeat cavill, and live happily ever after. well, except for adama, roslin, starbuck, and half the fleet, who will all die.
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby John-Locke on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

YAY no more pointless filler episodes

Although it wouldn't surprise me if half of this final episode consisted of filler, Adama & Starbuck getting drunk and Adama smashing something against a wall.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Fievel on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:20 pm

John-Locke wrote:YAY no more pointless filler episodes

Although it wouldn't surprise me if half of this final episode consisted of filler, Adama & Starbuck getting drunk and Adama smashing something against a wall.

More boxing, please.

Baxter - your theory makes perfect sense and I like it. Take $5 from petty cash and celebrate, my friend!
Fievel
Mouse Of The House

Postby so sorry on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:43 pm

TheBaxter wrote:even worse, after tonight... NO MORE CRAZY BSG THEORIES!!!!!!!!!

so this is my last chance to throw out a crazy BSG theory. after tonight, every question will either have an answer, or will never be answered.
so here is my ALL-TIME FINAL crazy BSG theory. this is based in part on that EJO speech at the UN, and a modification of Pacino's "humans ARE cylons" theory.
the point of EJO's speech is that there is only one race: the human race. the notion of race is used to divide us and rationalize war and destroying other people's cultures. so, applying that theme to the BSG universe, you would have to assume that humans and cylons are the same race, and that cavill is the one trying to use the notion of race (human race vs. cylon race) to divide them and justify war. but if humans and cylons ARE the same race then what are they? i think they are HYBRIDS. specifically, the 13 tribes of kobol were one tribe of pure cylons (who went to earth) and 12 tribes of mixed-race hybrids. there are no pure humans left, but the 12 tribes were so intermixed that some are more or less 'cylon' than others, but everyone is at least part cylon. the ones who have more cylon blood end up like roslin, having opera-house visions, or like starbuck's daddy, who, like hera, the only KNOWN hybrid, knew that earth song even though he'd never been there. the more cylon blood you've got, the more you can tap into those visions, songs, and all the other underlying cylonish stuff going on. as for starbuck... her daddy was a hybrid with a high percentage of cylon blood, and maybe her mommy was carrying some recessive cylon genes or something, so she turned out almost like a pure cylon, kinda like an albino or something, naturally born to two hybrids, and thus was able to spontaneously resurrect when she died. and in the finale, they'll discover they are all really one race of human-cylon hybrids, defeat cavill, and live happily ever after. well, except for adama, roslin, starbuck, and half the fleet, who will all die.

Probably the most ignroant question to ask just a few hours away from the end of the show, but here goes:

Didn't Baltar discover a way of detecting Cylons thru blood tests way back in season 1? If the answer is yes, wouldn't that blow your whole theory?

And seriously, sorry for the n00b question, but I've lost interest/regained interest/lost interest so many times with this show that I've missed some critical info :oops:
so sorry
Deacon Blues

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial