The Buffy/Angel TV Movies

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Guest on Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 pm

How giddy does that headline make you? I can tell you it makes me super-extra-giddy!! The funniest, smartest and best writer or director on 'Angel' not named Joss is Joss Whedon's pick to write and direct a new 'Spike' TV movie?? Fuck. Me.

From

Read more...

Source: AICN: Coaxial
Ain't It Cool News is a Harry Knowles production bringing you the latest in movie, TV, comic and other coolness that's got Hollywood's panties in a bunch. Primary contributor to this Coaxial Feed is the genius of Hercules The Strong.

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:16 pm

Even Minear says its Herc's fault.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:38 am

I don't care whose fucking fault it is, I'm as giddy as Herc. :D :D
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:08 am

Don't you think we've had enough Spike already?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Agent Alonzo on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:16 am

And Herc...

Herc's over-exposure? Herc's fault...
alonzo..... my apologies you ho-bag! - banthafodderUK

...that was the funniest post I've ever read at AICN. Comedy gold. I'm stealing it and shooting it in nothing other than a static two-shot. - Kevin Smith
Agent Alonzo
UMAGAA OMBONGO

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:37 am

poor james marsters... are they going to bleach his hair again, or will he have to wear a wig?

i love buffy, i love spike. the series is over. let it fade into the background. let it go.

... UNLESS it was all about Spike and Andrew saving the world.

that would be a slice of fried gold.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:27 pm

Bluebottle wrote:... UNLESS it was all about Spike and Andrew saving the world.

that would be a slice of fried gold.

If it were any other character, I'd be with you guys on the "let them fade away" bandwagon. But I love Spike. Even bad Spike is good Spike, especially with the right writers. If it does happen and Andrew isn't in it, there will be hell to pay.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:37 pm

i thought you wrote, "even bald spike is good spike".
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:48 pm

Oh, no that wouldn't be good. Marsters without hair makes him look his age-really old. Spike better be blondy bear.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby Tyrone_Shoelaces on Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:06 pm

I'm curious if its going to be set after the Angel finale. If it is I hope it starts with Spike walking into a bar all battle-weary and saying something about saving the world. Again.
Tyrone_Shoelaces
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:03 pm

Yeah I am tired of Spike. Would rather see a movie about Clem than him.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:13 pm

Ooh, how about "The Adventures of Clem and Dawn"
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:14 pm

Sounds fab.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:17 pm

What would be terrible, is if they did a Spike and Riley movie.

You know, "forced to work together, after years of fighting over the same woman... A demon, and a demon hunter..."

then it can get all g ay.

actually, i'd see that.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:50 pm

Spike and Andrew?
Hellz yeeeeeeeeeees.
I hope this actually happens. It should definitely explain a little what happened after the alley and I'd like to see a few old faces but briefly.

Should be in the vein of Angel though not Buffy.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:57 pm

Bluebottle wrote:What would be terrible, is if they did a Spike and Riley movie.

You know, "forced to work together, after years of fighting over the same woman... A demon, and a demon hunter..."

then it can get all g ay.

actually, i'd see that.

Yeah and Lonely Road by Green Day has to play on the commercials. And the money shot has to be Riley throwing Spike out of an airplane DURING THAT DAY TIME!

We would have to watch because HOW WOULD HE SURVIVE?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:30 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Yeah and Lonely Road by Green Day has to play on the commercials. And the money shot has to be Riley throwing Spike out of an airplane DURING THAT DAY TIME!

We would have to watch because HOW WOULD HE SURVIVE?

LOL!

It's gotta be a road trip. Like some big quest to find some stupid lost potion, that they both want/need.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:36 pm

Oh that's good. They could both get zapped and as the movie progresses they start to form super Spike/Riley. Or as Whedonites will call it: Spriley. Then they will have a big choice to make. Either they remain unified and stop some evil evil-thing, OR they break apart and Riley's new love interest will die.

Oh and like before every commercial break, it needs to appear that Riley totally murders Spike... like with the rubber stake. But he becomes increasingly more perverse and violent. It would be like the lost David Lynch episode of Buffy.

And we need to incorporate Kennedy... because everyone loves her.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:40 pm

Yeah, yeah!

Spriley forms an unholy alliance with Kennedy because she has a potion that Willow gave her (note, Willow does not appear, but sends Kennedy in her place) that helps them seperate in the first act.

Then the rest of the film is the three of them going after rhte person that Zapped them in the first place, to stop them from ZAPPING THE PRESIDENT AND HIS WIFE!

(the Zapper was just testing it on Riley and Spike).
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:45 pm

Oh fuck yeah... that's perfect because Riley could be screwing the first lady! Who I think should be played by Mimi Rogers.

In typical Joss Whedon fashion, Kennedy needs to get fucked over by some rabid monster and sprout really cool wings or something.

Also, I found this, and think it would make a wicked Zapper:

burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:53 pm

kick ass.

that is SO the zapper.

Kennedy would become a demon/slayer, much more so than Buffy did by dying and coming back to life.

Kennedy would be shaken to the core.

And she could fly, which is rad, so she can like drop shit on people.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:01 pm

Winslow!! We need a cartoon of Kennedy dropping a piano on someone STAT!

We should also have a subplot where Spike get's a new motorcycle from those Orange County Chopper guys. Ever since I saw that show once, I have thought only one thing: Paul Sr. NEEDS TO BE IN AN ACTION SCENE!

This would be great because there could be some good natured bickering between Spike and Riley about who's motorcycle it really is.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:07 pm

And Riley insists that Spike wear a helmet, and they get all up in each other shit about THAT.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby lyra belacqua on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:09 pm

But Riley and Spike are going to give into their growing lust, right? Cuz if I'm watching the two of them for two hours, I want some man-on-man action.
lyra belacqua
GEEK GODDESS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:11 pm

I think that's a good idea. AND a NATURAL progression of their characters.

I mean since they can't have Buffy, they next best thing would be a man.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:13 pm

the next best thing is someone else who can't have buffy... that's the realization they come to.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:15 pm

So we need a plausible reason why Riley would be over his wife and back on buffy.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:16 pm

is there ever a better reason than, "For SOME reason..."

as in, "For some reason, my wife left me... Then I remembered buffy..."
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:17 pm

LOL
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Eric G on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:15 pm

Former "Angel" star Amy Acker has all but confirmed - to E Online - that Joss Whedon's looking to bring back "Illyria", in addition to Spike, for a telemovie.

"He has mentioned it a couple of times," Acker, who joins "Alias" this season, says. "I mean, the last time, I talked to him a couple weeks ago and said that I had heard that Tim Minear was gonna write and direct the Spike movie, the Spike-Illyria movie, so he said that they want to do that still. I think he's just overwhelmed a bit right now with the press for Serenity and everything!"

The "Spike", or "Spike and Illyria" movie, is believed to be the first of a series of new Buffy/Angel telemovies that Joss is keen to do.

How much can this guy do? With the Wonder Woman (ugh!) project and his new script that was picked up titled 'Goner', when is he going to find the time to do all this!? And with so much on his plate, will they be any good?!

Source: http://www.fi-sci.net/
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:20 pm

yes, they can be good. JW had 3 series going simultaneously at one point, plus his feature work, he's no stranger to crazy schedules. I really hope this is true, I refuse to accept that the Buffy-verse is no more.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Eric G on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:34 pm

(as I stated in another thread....i think is was Serenity) I was never a "Buffy" fan, nor am I that excited about Serenity, so I don't know much about Whedon's work. I guess that gives me some confidence. The 'Firefly' series hasn't aired in Australia yet.....is that any good? Can someone give me a quick rundown?

P.S - Whedon adores the Buffy franchise....don't be suprised if you see him return to it.
Eric G
AIRWOLF

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:38 pm

honestly, I haven't seen that much of Firefly yet, but what I've seen I've enjoyed. I'm looking forward to Serenity, though, and plan to watch the full run on DVD before going to see the movie. Master Whedon (another PZ'er) is an enormous fan of Firefly/Serenity, and can probably give you more details as to what to expect out of the feature film. I loved Buffy and Angel. As with any long running series, each series had its ups and downs (I disliked much of the final season of Buffy, for example), but to me, it's like the Star Wars prequels, even if it turns out to be bad Buffy/Angel, it's still better than no Buffy/Angel.
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:30 am

oh man, that could be great. Spike and Illyrya? I always had a thing for Winifred Burkle... poor, poor Winifred. sniff/sob/choke. anyway, i loved how she kept kicking the crap out of him. they could be a funny / bloody action magic combo team of mirth and malice...

would that mean they were the only ones who survived the alley battle?
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:04 am

Oh yeh, please please please. This could be really cool, they just need Andrew to be in it aswell, Spike getting pummelled by Illyria and just annoyed and fawned over by Andrew would make him the sarky bullshit free Spike we all want. Just don't let him get soppy over a woman.

Still I'm cautious about how definite this is, I hope it is but still....

Zombie, I reckon Angel made it too but we won't really find out what happened. Gunn is a goner though.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:06 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:would that mean they were the only ones who survived the alley battle?

We know Angel survived as well because the comic series Angel: The Curse takes place a few months after the finale. Joss has hinted cryptically that he will somehow show and/or reference what happened in that alley in the Spike TV movie. (I'm thinking Gunn was the only one to die in the battle, as he was pretty much dying already before the fight even started.)

I haven't seen Serenity yet, Moo, but I shall review it extensively this weekend in my Serenity thread.

Also, if you guys are interested, I check in on www.whedonesque.com daily for updates. They do a good, Force.Net-style update of all things Joss.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby TonyWilson on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:08 am

So, MW the tv movie is confirmed then? Are the Angel comics any good?
TonyWilson

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:50 pm

It's not confirmed, Tony, but Joss has recently said it's very much at the forefront in his mind. He said it's a little preliminary to discuss any details just yet, but it will likely happen.

And the comics aren't wonderful. I picked up the first two issues and don't really care to go back for more. Joss really didn't have a hand in writing them and they don't pop nearly as well as Astonishing or Fray.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:56 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Gunn is a goner though.

yeah, he was pretty banged up! didn't he get stabbed in the stomach? then limped out into the alley. man oh man.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:59 pm

Yeah, Spike had the bit about all his blood: "You're supposed to keep that stuff on this inside."
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:00 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:And the comics aren't wonderful. I picked up the first two issues and don't really care to go back for more. Joss really didn't have a hand in writing them and they don't pop nearly as well as Astonishing or Fray.

i haven't bought any of the comics, but i know from browsing in the store that i don't like the artwork AT ALL. also: the flow of the frames/dialogue seemed hack-ish.

in terms of ASTONISHING. i bought the first few, and then missed a bunch. i reckon i should get the TPBs
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:12 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:Yeah, Spike had the bit about all his blood: "You're supposed to keep that stuff on this inside."

Ha ha! Yeah, that was great...

Even though it sucked that the ending had to be rushed, the last two episodes of ANGEL were fan-farkin-tastic...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:12 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:in terms of ASTONISHING. i bought the first few, and then missed a bunch. i reckon i should get the TPBs

I'd second that notion. Quite frankly, I don't know that I've ever enjoyed reading the X-Men quite as much, and that says a great deal coming from an X-Men fan like me. He really just nails the characters EXACTLY as I've known them through the years. Can't wait for his next run.

If you're interested, I posted a thread on Astonishing #12 a little while back where I pretty much laid out my love of his run. Though, don't read it until you've read the books.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:55 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:would that mean they were the only ones who survived the alley battle?

We know Angel survived as well because the comic series Angel: The Curse takes place a few months after the finale. Joss has hinted cryptically that he will somehow show and/or reference what happened in that alley in the Spike TV movie. (I'm thinking Gunn was the only one to die in the battle, as he was pretty much dying already before the fight even started.)

No no no NO NO!

Everybody died at the end of the last episode, except maybe Illyria. Or should have.

Damn it, why couldn't they make the ending mean something? You don't take on all the hordes of hell and walk away. Whedon fucked it up.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:11 pm

DennisMM wrote:Damn it, why couldn't they make the ending mean something? You don't take on all the hordes of hell and walk away. Whedon fucked it up.

Umm, didn't they kinda take on the hordes of hell and walk away for twelve combined seasons? I, for one, thought there was a great deal of consequence in the finale with the death of Wesley and Gunn's impending doom. And hell, we're only getting glimpses of what might've happened in the alley. It'll be a few years before we actually know.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby DennisMM on Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:24 pm

MasterWhedon wrote:
DennisMM wrote:Damn it, why couldn't they make the ending mean something? You don't take on all the hordes of hell and walk away. Whedon fucked it up.

Umm, didn't they kinda take on the hordes of hell and walk away for twelve combined seasons? I, for one, thought there was a great deal of consequence in the finale with the death of Wesley and Gunn's impending doom. And hell, we're only getting glimpses of what might've happened in the alley. It'll be a few years before we actually know.

Yeah, you're right. It's just that there were so many ghouls lined up there, plus a fuckin' dragon! You're screwed!

I was underwhelmed with the "Buffy" finale, which implied everyone had evacuated Sunnydale some time before the big battle. We'd not been shown this, if memory serves, so I was a bit disappointed. The last few seconds, though, with Buffy's smile, promised so much more than the cheap affair with a demon we were told about during Angel's last days.

Maybe they'll do a TV movie a few years down the line. They could recast Buffy, if need be.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:23 pm

They actually did mention on several occasions that Sunnydale was being abandoned or HAD been abandoned.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:52 am

Yeah, after the kids-in-the-hellmouth episode, I think the citizens were pretty much just leaving, having had enough of Sunnydale's bullshit. Why it took them 7 seasons I'll never know. :P

As far as a TV movie goes, I'll watch it since I'm a sucker, but at this point, I'm of a mind to just let things be. Do we really need to resurrect the dead? If the dead is Firefly, then HELL YES, but otherwise I'm thinking no.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:47 am

I don't even like Spike. I'll watch anyway, but jesus I am so fucking tired of that character.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:06 am

It bears repeating: Spike is the Fonzie of the Buffyverse.

And no, I don't mean he's cool. Aaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Next

Return to Coaxial