The Buffy/Angel TV Movies

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby darthevilbob on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:57 am

I'll watch the spike movie, just cos it Joss Whedon.

However i think a Spike series wouldnt work, just because the character would lose some of his Evil appeal, since they would have to make him more redeemable to a larger audience.

A Faith TV series also wouldnt work, because of the same reasons.

If they were to revisit the buffiverse, it would perhaps be better to do it in a different time period, perhaps going through the different Slayers in different era's? a different slayer every season? (hmm maybe that wouldnt work, but something along those lines)
darthevilbob
CHEETS ON HIS WIFE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:02 am

I think a Faith series would do fine. She could be a really mean spirited, female ass kicking archie bunker... something no one has ever seen before. If House can make misanthropy funny, Faith could make it sexy as hell.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:19 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I think a Faith series would do fine. She could be a really mean spirited, female ass kicking archie bunker... something no one has ever seen before. If House can make misanthropy funny, Faith could make it sexy as hell.

i'm with the talking snowman -- bringeth forth the FAITH movie. the Dushku has been hidden from sight for far too long...

think of it this way -- The Bride was a mean-spirited, mercilous, ass-kicker too.

i can see how it starts out. she's at a road side diner (she lives a nomadic existance) and shes drinking her morning coffee when a bunch of rowdy shitkicking hicks come in causing trouble. FAITH is trying to lay low, after the Sunnydale debacle, but when the shitkickers come over to mess with her, first she plays it all coy and then she beats their asses all to hell -- through the windows, coffee pots emptied on hick heads, achey breaky spines all around...

then work in some kind of demon contrivance -- the hicks are demons, or the hicks are bad guy demons who harrass the good guy mutants of the town. Faith, being the misanthropic ass kicker with the secret wounded heart of gold in a sort of a modern wandering mystical samuraii - western thing...

or it could really wacky and just remake Yojimbo in the Buffyverse with Faith playing the Yojimbo character playing two warring demon factions in the town against each other...

something like that...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:25 am

Both of those ideas are stellar. The Yojimbo idea is especially fun. Would cool if she did lead a nomadic life, that we could have little mini epics in these different locations that would span over many episodes.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:31 am

I'd watch a Faith series over a Spike series.

I don't think a Slayer anthology series would be a bad idea either.
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:34 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Both of those ideas are stellar. The Yojimbo idea is especially fun. Would cool if she did lead a nomadic life, that we could have little mini epics in these different locations that would span over many episodes.

thanks! and i agree with your idea. i was actually thinking just a movie, but a continuing series of Faith the Wandering Slayer would be aces...
i'd certainly watch it...

one of the cognitive dissonance elements would be characters from Buffy sometimes showing up and trying to make Faith rejoin their merry family. but Faith can't do it... she's a loner, a rebel, and she has a dark past... always on the run... (cue theme from Hulk tv series)
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:36 am

I think it would be totally bad ass if the reason Faith didn't want to rejoin the family is because deep down, she still wants to kill Buffy. What a series finale that would make! HAHAHhAHHHAHA
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:43 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:I think it would be totally bad ass if the reason Faith didn't want to rejoin the family is because deep down, she still wants to kill Buffy. What a series finale that would make! HAHAHhAHHHAHA

HA HA! totally! that could help out with the whole "SMG doesn't want to do it anymore" thing too...

i always thought there was sexual tension between Faith and Buffy. like Faith was all bent out of shape about Buffy because secretly she was in love with her...

case in point -- she's really jealous of Buffy because of her relationship with Angel, but she (Faith) isn't into Angel at all. in fact she kinda hates him, right? hmmm...

then she tries to kill Angel in order to LURE BUFFY TO HER APARTMENT for the big SHOWDOWN? double hmm...

"give us a kiss."

"you killed me B..."

"so, are you ever gonna pull this thing out?"

it's total lesbian tension from start to finish... nobody ever mentions that, though...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:50 am

Sounds perfect. Tell RogueScribner... apparently he is Joss Whedon.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:17 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Sounds perfect. Tell RogueScribner... apparently he is Joss Whedon.

:oops: yeah, heh... um...

btw, RogueScribner, iif you're reading this, some of us thought you were either Whedon or posing yourself as Whedon. it all seems rather silly now, but at the time (at the height of the browncoat insanity), it seemed funny.

sorry.
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:19 am

Bub looks so embarassed.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:30 am

burlivesleftnut wrote:Bub looks so embarassed.

LOL. yeah, he's like, "mmeee... sowwwyyy... Aunt Aaleesha... mee dumbyyy..."
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:57 am

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote: the Dushku has been hidden from sight for far too long...

It hasn't a been alla THAT long, eh? "Tru Calling," anyone? They even a gave it a the 2nd chance anna brought inna the Jason Priestly to save a the show.

Dinna work though...
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:59 am

I think the problem might have been that they brought inna the Jason Priestley to save a the show.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:21 pm

Tru wasn't too interesting UNTIL they brought in Mr. 90210, but then they canned the show, show what do I know?

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:btw, RogueScribner, iif you're reading this, some of us thought you were either Whedon or posing yourself as Whedon. it all seems rather silly now, but at the time (at the height of the browncoat insanity), it seemed funny.

sorry.

No problem. I can see where someone may have gotten confused by what I typed, but sometimes I just have plain bad grammar, especially when I get worked up about something and start typing really fast. I'll try to make sure I use the proper pronouns and adverbs in the future. :)
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby DennisMM on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:46 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:They actually did mention on several occasions that Sunnydale was being abandoned or HAD been abandoned.

How the hell did I miss that? And where were the gang getting Food, water, electric? Generators, wells and the 7/11 over in Shelbyville?
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

a week later, keeping a thread alive

Postby oisin5199 on Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:36 pm

Sunnydale evacuation - quite a bit of time was spent on this. In fact, towards the end, there's a line of cars leaving town, which is the last we see of Clem (in a flashy red car, if I recall). Speaking of, bring back Clem for a Spike movie! Anyway, several episodes showed or mentioned that the Slayerettes were looting stores and hospitals for food and supplies. Faith on a motorcycle was the idea before Tru Calling (I agree, it was just getting good when they cancelled it). I think it would be great, especially since she wouldn't necessarily have to be tied to a supernatural story line. And the comics - not that impressed with the first issue of Cursed that I read. But Spike's one shot - Old Times, was spot on, smart and funny. I think that's a Peter David one. And they're doing some more Spike stuff, including a five issue mini that David is writing on Spike vs. Dracula. (Apparently, Dracula owes him money. Reminds me of Chris Rock's improvised line in Dogma about Jesus: "Knew him? Nigga owes me ten bucks!). Anyway, that should be fun.
oisin5199
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:07 pm

They offered ED her own show when SMG announced she wasn't renewing her contract... ED turned it down.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:16 pm

Bluebottle wrote:They offered ED her own show when SMG announced she wasn't renewing her contract... ED turned it down.

so a FAITH series <i>was</i> in the works? goddamnit! put that on TV now!!!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:11 pm

Yeah, it was Faith on a motorcycle with ghostly Spike paling along for the ride. Sounded like a Buffy-ized Kung Fu.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:16 pm

I would have watched that for sure.

But i would have kicked the tv if Andrew wasn't a regular.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:34 pm

How would they have worked my favorite character, Kennedy, into the show?
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:46 pm

Andrew: Wow, Spike, that's a nice Jacket, what's it made of?
Spike: Kennedy.
Faith: Damn, that's cold.
Spike: Want to borrow my jacket?
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:49 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:How would they have worked my favorite character, Kennedy, into the show?

Kennedy was she the SMOKING HOT "lesbian" replacement for Willow's ex, right? goddamn, she was so much hotter than the f<i></i>at chick... excuse me, zaftig chick...
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby MasterWhedon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:50 pm

IMAMPILASH, Blue.

I loved Andrew too. And I mean that in the studliest way possible.
MasterWhedon
KEEPER OF THE PURSE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:50 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Andrew: Wow, Spike, that's a nice Jacket, what's it made of?
Spike: Kennedy.
Faith: Damn, that's cold.
Spike: Want to borrow my jacket?

AWESOME! That's the funniest thing I have read in the last several minutes!
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:01 pm

I can't believe anyone is a fan of Kennedy.

She's like... The most irritating character EVER.

(well, she runs a close second to Dawn)
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby ZombieZoneSolutions on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:09 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I can't believe anyone is a fan of Kennedy.

She's like... The most irritating character EVER.

(well, she runs a close second to Dawn)

No way, Connor is the most irritating character ever.

What's wrong with Kennedy? She's totally hot!
ZombieZoneSolutions
AIRWOLF

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:56 pm

Physically attractive, yes.

Her attitude was grating...

In part it was probably the actress' fault.

i mean, on paper, Faith is irritating, but Eliza Dushku pulls it off.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby burlivesleftnut on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Yeah Kennedy was annoying and mouth and all those other things girls shouldn't be.
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby bluebottle on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:30 pm

burlivesleftnut wrote:Yeah Kennedy was annoying and mouth and all those other things girls shouldn't be.

Amen, brother.

heh.
bluebottle
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby RogueScribner on Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:02 am

Just for old time's sake . . .

DIE, KENNEDY, DIE!!!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby burlivesleftnut on Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:06 am

ROFL
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby Fanboy on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:47 am

i'd give just about anything for Joss to return to the Buffyverse

Spike and Illyria, a perfect matchup for a movie. God, I miss Buffy and Angel :(
Fanboy
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby burlivesleftnut on Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:50 am

I miss them all except Spike. LOL
burlivesleftnut
I <3 PACINA

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:37 am

Spike is all swagger.
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:59 pm

ZombieZoneSolutions wrote:No way, Connor is the most irritating character ever.

SECONDED!
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:01 pm

but if we are limiting it to just Buffy characters I have to go with Dawn.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby oisin5199 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Gotta back up and defend my Tara - I loved her character and her relationship with Willow, and even when she wasn't with Willow, she was a great surrogate mother for Dawn and an objective friend for Buffy. She was anything but studly - she just wasn't anorexic and Hollywood thin like the rest of the actresses on the show. Sometimes her costumes made her look frumpy, but if you've ever seen pictures of her (both when she's hanging out and glamorized), she's smoking! And she just seemed like a cool-as-hell person in interviews and public appearances, and she even refused to come back when she thought that her character was going to be disrespected. She writes comic books and online horror stories (like Ghosts of Albion with Christopher Golden, the Buffy novelist). I liked her way more than Kennedy - but I guess she didn't bother me too much, because she was a nice contrast. If she was another Tara, I would have hated her - as it was, I was like "meh" with her.
Last edited by oisin5199 on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oisin5199
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:19 pm

oisin5199 wrote:Gotta back up and defend my Tara - I loved her character and her relationship with Willow, and even when she wasn't with Willow, she was a great surrogate mother for Dawn and an objective friend for Buffy. She was anything but studly - she just wasn't anorexic and Hollywood thin like the rest of the actresses on the show. Sometimes her costumes made her look frumpy, but if you've ever seen pictures of her (both when she's hanging out and glamorized), she's smoking! And she just seemed like a cool-as-hell person in interviews and public appearances, and she even refused to come back when she thought that her character was going to be disrespected. She writes comic books and online horror stories (like Ghosts of Albion with Christopher Golden, the Buffy novelist). Annoying characters?

agreed.
Lord Voldemoo

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:19 am

Tara was a'ight. I much preferred Willow with Oz than Tara, but I'd pick Tara any day of the week over that annoying bitca Kennedy.

DIE, KENNEDY, DIE!!!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Atomik on Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:45 am

darthevilbob wrote:I'll watch the spike movie, just cos it Joss Whedon.

However i think a Spike series wouldnt work, just because the character would lose some of his Evil appeal, since they would have to make him more redeemable to a larger audience.

A Faith TV series also wouldnt work, because of the same reasons.

Actually, I thought Faith didn't really work in the last series of Buffy for exactly this reason. Her storylines always set the screen on fire, but her last appearance..... she was kinda reduced to a has-been sidekick. I could even have lived with it if they'd developed the dynamic between Buffy and Faith, but nothing was ever really resolved between the two characters. I thought there was plenty of scope for some real drama between the two of them, but the spark of conflict just kinda fizzled out. Real missed opportunity. I'd still kill for a Faith series though!
Atomik
GLIB

Postby Malachi Constant on Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:11 pm

I am a Buffy/Angel/M.E. fanatic from day one. I'll obviously gobble up anything Buffy/Angel related they put out. I will say however I am more comfortable with how they ended Angel than with how they ended Buffy. It seems as though they intentionally left Buffy sort of open ended to tease. Where as with Angel I thought it was a very fitting ending. The message of the fight never stopping remained intact and it had a definite Butch Cassidy Sundance kid against all odds sort of vibe. It embodied the uphill battle aspect of the show. I dug the shit out of it.
Malachi Constant
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Yeh the Buffy series finale was pretty weak.. but that may have just been for the fact that Anya bit the dust, and that Willow really did bugger all despite all the hype of her being the most powerful witch in a bazillion universes (i add hyperbole).. and the battle between Buffy and Captain Mal was kinda ass-over-fist

Tara never really lived up to her potential I think.. it was only in the last few episodes when I started warming to her: "Good god that's a large shake!" but the rest of the time she sorta just seemed like a wearable accessory for Willow.

Kennedy wasn't anything special either, but she didn't grate against me like she seemed to have done others

BUT BACK ON TOPIC... Spike + Illyria = Teh Win
I remember how the Faith spinoff was planned to have Spike hanging about as a ghost.. would have been interesting. Too bad Wes is gone, coz him and Illyria had mountains of drama to mine

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that psychotic slayer and Gwen Raiden (sp?) back again, although there's not really any chance of it
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:38 pm

Crayotic Rockwell wrote: Too bad Wes is gone, coz him and Illyria had mountains of drama to mine

Well, as we know, no one is ever really dead in the buffy-verse...

I don't care if it's a show about Kennedy and Andrew, I want something from the buffy/angel universe to watch again!!!!!!
Lord Voldemoo

Postby Crayotic Rockwell on Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:07 pm

Very good point.. Weekend At Whedon's: Wesley Goes Zombie
The Anime Stock Exchange for all your anime tripe
Crayotic Rockwell
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby dark wesley on Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:42 am

DUDE, Id take that, bring him back. i thought that if angel season 6 was going to go ahead that they would bring fred back and have wesley deal with both fred and illyria. Two amy ackers for the price of one, that would of been amazing.
you might get by handle that im a big big fan of the wes aswell, so yeah zombie wes, ghost wes, wizard wes, whatever.. bring them back!
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:29 am

Wes can't comeback, just like Tara can't comeback. He got killed "the old fashined way" nothing mystical about it. Sorry guys Wes is dead, and Fred's soul was consumed in the fires of ressurrection so despite the lies Illyria told him at the end they are NEVER EVER going to be together anywhere. Sorry I depressed anyone but you fuckers can all share my pain now.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby dark wesley on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:33 am

well, he got killed with a knife, a warlocks knife, does that not count for something, i mean yeah, its a pointy piece of metal but its a magicians pointy piece of metal. besides joss could retro fit anything in to make it happen.
i wish my middle name was tiberius.
dark wesley
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:38 am

Hmmmn, a warlocks knife might count for something. Generally I'll agree Joss can fit retro fit anything to work, but that's why he had killed Tara non mystically so she really could never return, I was thinking they did the same with Wes. A Ghost Wes would be funny to see though.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial