The Unit

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Strabo on Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:09 am

I'm going to try to contribute to this again. ONeill, let's see if you can refrain from the idiotic ad hominem this time, mmmkay?

This is the second episode in a row of this shitfest series where the unit has been assigned to assassinate someone. Talk about PNAC propaganda.

Anyone remember Executive Order 12333? Some asshole named Ray-gun happened to create it. Basically it says "THOU SHALT NOT ASSASSINATE PEOPLE". I don't recall having declared a war in South America, so, what exactly were they doing there? Assassinating a rebel leader perhaps? Can't have those evil marxist libruls challenging the divine right of their capitalist overlords! Great job catapulting the propaganda, Mamet.

Seriously, I keep watching this show just to see how fucking bad it can get. This show is SERIOUSLY damaging my opinion of Mamet and Ryan.
Strabo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby GreatMoose on Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:40 am

Well, I sure am enjoying this show. i got the S1 dvds and watched 'em back to back, and it's pretty good. Some of the dialogue is a little clumsy (especially with the wives), but other than that, it's pretty good TV. I do wish we could have seen a little more aftermath of the S1 finale, instead of jumping ahead several months. Oh well.
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits...
GreatMoose
GLIB

Postby rhaps0dy on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:33 pm

Well, i've never watched this show before but i was enjoying the little talkback debate between 'strabo' and 'oneilsg1'!! very funny stuff, keep up the good work!
"All happy families resemble one another, each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.."
rhaps0dy
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Strabo on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:42 am

Ok, I just watched 2x13. What the fuck was that? Jesus fucking Christ, that was horrible. What the fuck are you doing, Mamet? Ryan, get your name off this piece of shit. Is THIS why The Shield was bumped from January to April, to spend time working on this fucking shitbag series? I've continued to watch this fucking thing out of loyalty to your names, but this is the last goddamn straw. This is fucking Hayden-Christensen-as-Anakin bad. This is the goddamn nipples on the batsuit. What the fuck were you fucking thinking? Were you even thinking at all, or did this script result from some late night mountain-dew-fueled writing binge? Goddammit.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Strabo
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby maulylrsd on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:49 pm

Does anyone have any idea whats happening with The Unit on CBS? Disappeared during the writers srike and havent heard a thing about its return....
maulylrsd
GLIB

Postby maulylrsd on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 am

anyone??
maulylrsd
GLIB

Postby so sorry on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 am

existing The Unit threads:

The Unit Season 1 Thread

The Unit Season 2 Thread

As for what happpened to the show... I have no idea.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DinoDeLaurentiis on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:59 am

Locking...

merging....
DinoDeLaurentiis
SHE'S A THE SARAH SILVERMAN

Re: The Unit

Postby DerLanghaarige on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:02 am

Man, I love this show. Season 3 has finally started here a while ago (we just reached the episode where Hector dies) and it only gets better and better. Seriously, I can't think of any other show that mixes TV for Men (=every week some hard kickass action) and Women (soap-ish, but interesting stories about the problems of army wifes) that great. I wonder why this show never won any big awards and wasn't a big smash hit. (Okay, I think the last part can be explained with the Iraq war. And that the opening credits of Season 3 makes it less look like an Army show, with a catchy popsong as theme and the final shot of the unit, wearing suits instead of uniforms, seems to confirm that.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ONeillSG1 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Man, I love this show. Season 3 has finally started here a while ago (we just reached the episode where Hector dies) and it only gets better and better. Seriously, I can't think of any other show that mixes TV for Men (=every week some hard kickass action) and Women (soap-ish, but interesting stories about the problems of army wifes) that great. I wonder why this show never won any big awards and wasn't a big smash hit. (Okay, I think the last part can be explained with the Iraq war. And that the opening credits of Season 3 makes it less look like an Army show, with a catchy popsong as theme and the final shot of the unit, wearing suits instead of uniforms, seems to confirm that.)

I think the reason why the Unit died is because they involved the women plots TOO MUCH. There's a show that deals with the problems of Army Wives, and guess what it's called . . . ARMY WIVES!!!

They tried to intertwine the two aspects to closely and it choked the best part of the show: the mission of the week.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Postby DerLanghaarige on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah, but Army Wifes started when The Unit was already running. And to be honest, as much as I enjoy the action parts of The Unit, the soap parts are not bad either.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby ONeillSG1 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:26 pm

DerLanghaarige wrote:Yeah, but Army Wifes started when The Unit was already running. And to be honest, as much as I enjoy the action parts of The Unit, the soap parts are not bad either.

Tiffy's nonsensical adultery plots alone made me want to punch a wall. And wait until you get into Season 4. MAN OH MAN! There's some WTF moments with the wives going on there.
ONeillSG1
ADAMA

Location: 221C Baker Street, front row seat for some action . . .

Previous

Return to Coaxial