What Are You Watching On TV?

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby Chilli on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:00 pm

HollywoodBabylon wrote:Star Stories: The Church Of Scientology Presents...Tom Cruise: How Scientology Is In No Way Mental on Channel 4 a few days back was a delicious spoof on all things Tom, with Nicole Kidman, John Travolta, Katie Holmes, Keifer Sutherland and several more coming in for a merciless ribbing. OK, easy targets, I know, and cliched it may've been but it was still pretty funny all the same.

Did ya catch the Brad Pitt one? Patchy, but sporadically hilarious.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:07 am

watching "High Anxiety" on AMC right now, one of my favorite Mel Brooks movies, right up there with "Blazing Saddles". the werewolf scene just finished, fucking hilarious, and now the hypnosis/boxing scene is on, just as riotous. Harvey Coreman is a master.

perversely contrarian since 2005
Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby TonyWilson on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:14 am

Chilli wrote:
HollywoodBabylon wrote:Star Stories: The Church Of Scientology Presents...Tom Cruise: How Scientology Is In No Way Mental on Channel 4 a few days back was a delicious spoof on all things Tom, with Nicole Kidman, John Travolta, Katie Holmes, Keifer Sutherland and several more coming in for a merciless ribbing. OK, easy targets, I know, and cliched it may've been but it was still pretty funny all the same.

Did ya catch the Brad Pitt one? Patchy, but sporadically hilarious.

I thought the Robbie Williams/Gary Barlow was hilarious, it's not the type of humour I usually go for but the stories themselves are really great interpretations of the media frenzy these things create.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:13 pm

I know...I know....but before you say anything, I just had to see what the heck Bret Michaels is doing on TV.

Anyways, I often watch VH1 for their classic rock movies and rockumentaries, etc. I see that there is a show called "ROCK OF LOVE". It's a house full of women vying for Bret's attention. Hilarious!

He gives them VIP passes if they get to stay an additional week in the house of rocker chicks. During this ceremony, Bret in his crackly/raspy voice says.... "Will you stay here in the house with me and ROCK MY WORLD". Oh man, it's so hilarious. Cheese at it's best.

Every Rose has it's Thorn - this must be Bret's.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Hollywood_Bob on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:37 pm

As I mentioned in the Random Coaxial thread...I have been hooked these last few weeks on Hells Kitchen on FOX...not great but not a bad show either.
"The only way to rid yourself of tempation...is to yeild to it." Oscar Wilde

Hollywood_Bob
UNGRATEFUL BASTARD

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:42 pm

Maui wrote:I know...I know....but before you say anything, I just had to see what the heck Bret Michaels is doing on TV.

Anyways, I often watch VH1 for their classic rock movies and rockumentaries, etc. I see that there is a show called "ROCK OF LOVE". It's a house full of women vying for Bret's attention. Hilarious!

He gives them VIP passes if they get to stay an additional week in the house of rocker chicks. During this ceremony, Bret in his crackly/raspy voice says.... "Will you stay here in the house with me and ROCK MY WORLD". Oh man, it's so hilarious. Cheese at it's best.

wrong band, missy. :P Brett was Motley Crue, Every Rose Has Its Thorns was by Poison. of course, both bands consisted of big-haired Winslows, so close enough. :wink:

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:46 pm

Peven wrote:
Maui wrote:I know...I know....but before you say anything, I just had to see what the heck Bret Michaels is doing on TV.

wrong band, missy. :P Brett was Motley Crue, Every Rose Has Its Thorns was by Poison. of course, both bands consisted of big-haired Winslows, so close enough. :wink:

I was misinformed. I was asking someone if Bret sings that, they said yeah. Man... :oops: *hangs her head in shame*

I wasn't into Motley Crue or Poison - so atleast give me that.

:evil:
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:49 pm

Maui wrote:
Peven wrote:

I was misinformed. I was asking someone if Bret sings that, they said yeah. Man... :oops: *hangs her head in shame*

I wasn't into Motley Crue or Poison - so atleast give me that.

:evil:

you should be proud that you don't know which songs Brett, or Poison, did or didn't do, it means you were a discerning music fan. my excuse for knowing is that my fiance at the time was in love with those kinds of bands . she had even worse taste in music than she did in men.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby havocSchultz on Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:52 pm

Ain't nothin' but a good time...

Bret Michaels was the Frontman for Poison...

Vince Neil was the Motley Crue dude who looked like a lady...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:07 pm

havocSchultz wrote:Ain't nothin' but a good time...

Bret Michaels was the Frontman for Poison...

Vince Neil was the Motley Crue dude who looked like a lady...

I'm right, I'm right. Peven is WRONG!!!!!

*Maui does the Snoopy Dance*

Thanks to my friend from the Great White North!
Maui
WoWie

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:10 pm

On Every Rose Has It's Thorn:

The song starts quietly and features two intricate guitar solos, one mellow and one fast. "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" was named number 34 on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the '80s.

Vocalist Bret Michaels wrote the song in response to a failed love affair with a Los Angeles stripper. Poison had been playing at a cowboy bar called "The Ritz" in Dallas, Texas. After the show, Michaels called the woman at her apartment and heard a man's voice in the background. Heartbroken, Michaels wrote the song with an acoustic guitar in a laundromat.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:08 pm

i have no defense. <hangs head in shame>

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Maui on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Peven wrote:i have no defense. <hangs head in shame>

No you don't, another timeout in the corner.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:39 pm

Maui wrote:
Peven wrote:i have no defense. <hangs head in shame>

No you don't, another timeout in the corner.

it smells like pee over there. can't you just spank me instead?

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby Zarles on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:18 pm

Checked out LA Ink last night to appease my fetish for tattoo girls. I was not disappointed.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby stereosforgeeks on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:41 pm

Zarles wrote:Checked out LA Ink last night to appease my fetish for tattoo girls. I was not disappointed.

Ive been meaning to check that out. How was it?
stereosforgeeks
Re-Wound

Postby Zarles on Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Not bad. It's the first episode, so it's hard to tell. Kat Von D (girl whose show it is) and Sara Haigh are very cute and very talented, although art-wise, I much prefer the oldest of the two women tattoo artists that Kat has hired. Her work is extraordinary, and I'd love for her to do some work on me the next time I'm in L.A.

Definitely going to keep watching, even if only for the eye candy at this point.
Zarles
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Fried Gold on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Without A Trace - I'm addicted to it at the moment, can't get enough. I'm surprised it doesn't get more coverage, it's really good.
Fried Gold
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby Maui on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:17 pm

After I finished watching FOTC last night, I began my channel surfing. I stopped on VH1's craziest moments in Reality TV history. Kinda funny. One scene in particular, Vanilla Ice going off on a comment Ron Jeremy made about him on the show "The Surreal Life". Ice is essentially destroying the game show set by smashing everything in sight with a baseball bat. Meanwhile Robin Leach (host) and Ron Jeremy look on in disgust. I just laughed.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Vegeta on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:58 pm

I have been watching far too much Food Network. I think I need to join a support group.
Vegeta
PARAGON OF VACUITY

Postby Chilli on Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Just watched The It Crowd.

I love that fricking show. :lol:
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:36 pm

Just watched the first sketch of season 3 of Mr Show (never seen the show before). It's like Python! And it's Awesome!
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I managed to acquire a handful of random episodes from the shows run, you're absolutely right, in fact I'd go further and say it's the closest thing to Python I've ever seen, some of the sketches are so funny it hurts.

I must track down every single episode.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby DennisMM on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:26 pm

I no longer have "television." I own a television, but it is not connected to antenna/cable/satellite. I just watch DVDs and the occasional old tape.
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky
DennisMM
NOT PARTICULARLY MENACING

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:29 pm

John-Locke wrote:I must track down every single episode.

And I've "found" them

Don't you just love modern technology?
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm

John-Locke wrote:
John-Locke wrote:I must track down every single episode.

And I've "found" them

Don't you just love modern technology?

IP address recorded. Sending to the FBI now....
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby John-Locke on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Proxy Server mudder funkster.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Postby Keepcoolbutcare on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:13 pm

TonyWilson wrote:Just watched the first sketch of season 3 of Mr Show (never seen the show before). It's like Python! And it's Awesome!

John-Locke wrote:I managed to acquire a handful of random episodes from the shows run, you're absolutely right, in fact I'd go further and say it's the closest thing to Python I've ever seen, some of the sketches are so funny it hurts.

nearly took you two as long as it took Whedon to read Scott Pilgrim...'bout damned time!
Personally, I'm an atheist in the voting booth and a theist in the movie theatre. I separate the morality of religion with the spirituality and solace of it. There is something boring about atheism.
Keepcoolbutcare
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Keepcoolbutcare wrote:
TonyWilson wrote:Just watched the first sketch of season 3 of Mr Show (never seen the show before). It's like Python! And it's Awesome!

John-Locke wrote:I managed to acquire a handful of random episodes from the shows run, you're absolutely right, in fact I'd go further and say it's the closest thing to Python I've ever seen, some of the sketches are so funny it hurts.

nearly took you two as long as it took Whedon to read Scott Pilgrim...'bout damned time!

Ah but I say to hell with that damn 3 act structure crap, so I figured I get a pass? Hmm? :wink: *

i'm using winky in the post-post-zone sense of course
TonyWilson

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:09 pm

Winky can't save you TonyWilson, only my shakycam powers can!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:10 pm

Cpt Kirks 2pay wrote:Winky can't save you TonyWilson, only my shakycam powers can!!

Head spinning, stomach...lurching aaaarrrrgh.
TonyWilson

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:10 pm

That didn't really help, Kirk.
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Here Tdubya!! Catch!!!!

Throws Tdub a Winky. TD uses the winky to attack Ming's guards.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 pm

It's working, they only have smileys.
TonyWilson

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:19 pm

Keep WINKING Tdub!!! Wink as hard as you can!!! Come on Tdub you wan.... Come on TD you moron!! Keep winking yourself away!!!!!!!
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm

:) :-P :D :D :o :o :shock: :shock: :o :mrgreen:
TonyWilson

Postby Cpt Kirks 2pay on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Now that's what I call Ghey Icons.
Cpt Kirks 2pay
The Dark Tower

Postby Chilli on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:33 am

Beauty And The Geek

JESUS CHRIST these people are annoying. You have these bitchy gentlemen chicks who laugh at a guy who created a fucking robot, yet refuse to study for anything, and then you get these guys who are so fucking dumb they look into a room and when asked what they think of it just flat-out lock up.
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby Chilli on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Law & Order

Bunch of kids order Chinese. Can't Pay. Murder Chinese Man. L & O folk want to get one on Death Penalty, he pleads guilty in exchange for a life sentence. They're pissed.

The fuck is wrong with this show?
Chilli
The Unfriendly Ghost

Postby DDMAN26 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:48 pm

I DVRing the War on PBS, so hopefully I can watch some of that tonight.
DDMAN26
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby Lord Voldemoo on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:53 pm

DDMAN26 wrote:I DVRing the War on PBS, so hopefully I can watch some of that tonight.

oh hell, I've been completely missing it. I just checked, i think 1943 is on tonight. Have you been watching it DD? How is it so far?
Lord Voldemoo
He Who Shall Not Be Milked

Postby Leckomaniac on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:56 pm

Watching the Iranian President speak. Very interesting. Best moment so far...when asked why homosexuals were jailed or put to death:

"we don't have homosexuals in our country".

But seriously, the guy is quite articulate and charismatic. It is no wonder why the man is so popular in his region. He has an excellent mind.
Leckomaniac
AIRWOLF PLUS

Postby so sorry on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:
DDMAN26 wrote:I DVRing the War on PBS, so hopefully I can watch some of that tonight.

oh hell, I've been completely missing it. I just checked, i think 1943 is on tonight. Have you been watching it DD? How is it so far?

You only missed the premiere last night.

I tuned in about a third of the way in, so I'm not sure how it started off.
I love WWII stuff, so I found it to be interesting for sure, but it didn't strike me as being anything that I couldn't have seen on the History channel.

Except for one thing: lots of gruesome pictures/images. They mainly focused on Bataan/Guadalcanal/South Pacific...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DDMAN26 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:42 pm

Lord Voldemoo wrote:

I still need to watch the first episode myself.
DDMAN26
STEAK-A-BABY

Postby LaDracul on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:01 pm

I found "Eek the Cat" episodes online.

God bless Savage Steve Holland.
LaDracul
AIRWOLF

Postby C00L DUD3 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Tuned-in to the second ep. of The Big Bang Theory on CBS...the new one was pretty good.

And, I read today that they have an actual physicist adviser on set. Who knew, they went to such lengths to be authentic!?
---WURD!
C00L DUD3
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby minstrel on Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:45 pm

"Hellfighters". It's a John Wayne movie from the sixties in which he plays a guy who fights oil-field fires, a la Red Adair.
"Everybody is equally shitty and wrong." - Ribbons
minstrel
Leader of the Insquirrelgency

Postby Maui on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm

I watched Sea of Love last night. Love that movie.

I particularly enjoy the scene where Pacino is wired (surveillance) in the restaurant and meeting all the women who has responded to his classified ad.

One by one the women sit at the table and interact with Pacino. Just a great scene.
Maui
WoWie

Postby Peven on Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:07 pm

TCM and AMC have been running old "spooky" movies all week and i have had it on one of the two channels much of the time, enjoying the retro-horror fest, most of them B movies at best but still fun. right now? "Bucket of Blood", a '59 pick with Burt fucking Convy, can you believe it?? what a blast.

Peven
Is This Real Life?

Postby MonkeyM666 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Watching the US version of 'Who's line is it anyway'. Great show, I'm always entertained...
MonkeyM666
AIRWOLF PLUS

PreviousNext

Return to Coaxial