It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Re: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Postby so sorry on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Great episode last night... seek it out if you missed it.

The Lethal Weapon 5 bit was aces!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby RogueScribner on Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:56 pm

LW5 was AWESOME!!!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby Ribbons on Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I don't know if anybody here has been watching the show Mad Love on CBS (if not I don't blame you), but because I am ON THE INTERNET I feel the need to point out that tonight's episode lifted heavily from the "Who Got Dee Pregnant?" episode of It's Always Sunny.

In Mad Love, two characters who hate each other learn that they hooked up at a costume party several years ago. The guy in this equation was dressed in a generic lone ranger costume he referred to as "Viggo Mortensen".

In It's Always Sunny, three of the main characters try to piece together the events that took place at a costume party last year, where they may have hooked up with Dee despite the fact that they hate each other (also one of them is her brother). One of these guys was dressed in a generic lone ranger costume he referred to as "Viggeo Morgenstain" (how he thought you pronounce the name Viggo Mortensen). Plagiarism! Plagiarism I say!

Anyway, carry on.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby Retardo_Montalban on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 am

I don't know what Mad Love is, but I doubt they did justice to the bit.
Retardo_Montalban
doubleplusungood

Postby Bloo on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:51 am

Ribbons wrote:I don't know if anybody here has been watching the show Mad Love on CBS (if not I don't blame you), but because I am ON THE INTERNET I feel the need to point out that tonight's episode lifted heavily from the "Who Got Dee Pregnant?" episode of It's Always Sunny.

In Mad Love, two characters who hate each other learn that they hooked up at a costume party several years ago. The guy in this equation was dressed in a generic lone ranger costume he referred to as "Viggo Mortensen".

In It's Always Sunny, three of the main characters try to piece together the events that took place at a costume party last year, where they may have hooked up with Dee despite the fact that they hate each other (also one of them is her brother). One of these guys was dressed in a generic lone ranger costume he referred to as "Viggeo Morgenstain" (how he thought you pronounce the name Viggo Mortensen). Plagiarism! Plagiarism I say!

Anyway, carry on.

is that the Sarah Chalke sitcom? With Jason Biggs and Tyler Labine? I've been enjoying that show, when I catch it, but it's not must see
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby Ribbons on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 am

Yerp, that's the one. It's okay. I actually like all four of the lead actors, but it's pretty forgettable most of the time. Tyler Labine's character is the best part of the show, which is probably good since it's about him in a way.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:01 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby Ye Black Knight on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:54 am

Forsooth! Many elements of intruige-ment in ye season anon! Sir Mac at 205 pounds shall be a sight most rotund and humorous! If only this knight could find employment to ingest churros and floats doth root of beer!

This post now concludeth!
VIEW THIS KNIGHT'S WEB'TALES OF METAL, PRESENT'ETH'D IN YE ART OF PURE CINEMA:
http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com
Ye Black Knight
TOMBOY BEANPOLE

Postby Ribbons on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Ye Black Knight wrote:

Forsooth! Many elements of intruige-ment in ye season anon! Sir Mac at 205 pounds shall be a sight most rotund and humorous! If only this knight could find employment to ingest churros and floats doth root of beer!

Gaining 60 pounds for a sitcom! That's called COMMITTED. Or CRAZY. One of those. In either case, it'll be glorious to watch.
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby so sorry on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:00 pm

Ribbons wrote:

Gaining 60 pounds for a sitcom! That's called COMMITTED. Or CRAZY. One of those. In either case, it'll be glorious to watch.

Or lazy?

But yeah, should be a sight to behold. I like Mac's reasoning: load on the weight, then chisle down adonnis-like perfection (like carving David from a marble slab).
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:01 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:28 pm

From Deadline:
FX Renews 'Wilfred', 'Louie' & 'Sunny', Inks $50-Million Deal With 'Sunny' Creators
NELLIE ANDREEVA wrote:FX has renewed 3 comedy series. Elijah Wood starrer Wilfred, which has become the highest-rared first season comedy on the network with a cumulative 5 million viewers a week, has been picked up a second season of 13 episodes. Louie, which just landed an Emmy nomination for star Louis CK and has averaged 3 million viewers a week, has been renewed for a third season of 13 episodes. Meanwhile, veteran It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia has been renewed for 2 more seasons - Seasons 8 and 9 - to become the longest running live-action comedy on basic cable. The network also has an option for a 10th season. Additionally, FX Prods. has signed a three-year exclusive deal with RCG, the production company of the Sunny masterminds, Rob McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton. I hear the deal is worth $40 million-$50 million dollars for all services. FX and FX Prods. and RCG reinvented the production model for television comedies, embracing low-cost production model and taking less money up front," FX president Landgraf said. In addition to Sunny, RCG is involved in the new CBS comedy series How To Be a Gentleman, created by and starring Sunny player David Hornsby, and has 2 comedy projects in the works, Fox's Living Loaded and FX's animated Townies.

Overall, Landgraf said the goal is to have 5 dramas and 7 comedies on the air. The network has 5 comedies on now, all in FX's signature, lower-budget mold, and "we are going to add a couple more over time," he said. In the past several months, there has been "really strong focus on drama with pilots American Horror Story, Powers and Outlaw Country," Landgraf said. "We had never made 3 drama pilots simultaneously," he said. American Horror Story has already been picked up to series. The other 2 pilots have been completed, and Landgraf expects to make a decision on them within the next 2-3 months, with a pickup of one, both or none all possible.

In other announcements, Rodgers Media and FX Networks have formed a joint venture to launch a new channel, FX Canada, in early November.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:39 am

Season premiere started off with a bang. Thedead hooker ending was a bit disturbing, Dee and Dennis's crack addiction is a little head scratching, but Charlie's blood capsule vomiting was hysterical!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 am

This season has been awesome. More so considering the flop of a season last year. I thought they might have peaked a few seasons ago, but they got their groove back. Hope they can keep it up for a few more years.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 am

Agreed, SS. This season has been superb. Favourite episode?

I go back and forth on Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games and The Anti-Social Nework
And Dennis is the MVP this year, everything he does or says is a perfect storm of sociopathy and stupidity
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:55 am

Oh man, favorite? Hmmm... Frank's Pretty Woman was a hell of an opening...CharDee MacDennis was crazy fun. But I think Thunder Gun Express was pure joy.

Did you see the new one yet? The High School Reunion? Don't want to spoil it in case you are a little behind, but its a fucking riot.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Bloo on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Man this has been a fantastic season. I actually opted to rewatch two of this seasons episdoes last night (last weeks and this weeks) at like 11:30 at night instead of the syndicated episodes because this season has been so good.
Bloo
ROOFIED BY RAYLAN

Postby TonyWilson on Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Watching it tonight, SS. Agreed Bloo, I've rewatched Jersey Shore ep ("Rum Ham! Rum Ham!") Frank Reynolds Little Beauties and Sweet Dee Gets Audited twice over. Absolutley loved "Barnabas Reynolds: 2010 - Too Soon"
Elitism is positing that your taste is equivalent to quality, you hate "Hamlet" does it make it "bad"? If you think so, you're one elite motherfucker.
TonyWilson
No Less Liquid Than His Shadow

Postby TheButcher on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby TheButcher on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:50 am

Hmmm, not liking the idea. Usually when you see a show turn in "guest of the week" episodes you know they are on the downward slide.

I will put my trust in the Gang and hope for the best!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Season starts tonight! I'll need a good laugh after watching the VP debate...
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 am

Sunny Behind the Scenes: Guillermo del Toro as Pappy McPoyle
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby RogueScribner on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:07 pm

I like how little by little they're turning Dennis into a total sociopath. I can't wait for the payoff!
My eye isn't lazy; it's ambidextrous!
RogueScribner
The Dork Avenger

Postby so sorry on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Season started off slow but the past two especially have been great.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby so sorry on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:41 am

Dennis gives himself head...his decent into madness is complete.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:34 am

TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:13 am

I'd say two out of three episodes so far this season were real strong. The gun control one was great actually.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:34 am

So recently a brand new TV Channel aired this show again from the beginning, with the promise to show at least the first 5 seasons (which would make seasons 3-5 a first in Germany).

Yesterday it was announced that they will stop next week and replace it with 2 1/2 MEN and SHIT MY DAD SAYS. I guess Germany will never see what happens after season 2. Fuck it, I check ebay for some cheap import DVD boxes.
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby Al Shut on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:36 am

Odd, a few of the episodes descriptions for season three sound very familiar to me.
Al Shut
THE LAUGHING ZONER

Postby DerLanghaarige on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:28 am

Oh, you are right! Season 3 was indeed shown in Germany, back in 2009, although it seems like I missed that. (I guess whenever I watched, it was prematurely cancelled. Not to mention that Seasons 1 & 2 are the only ones that got a DVD release here.)
DerLanghaarige
Lohman's Wet Shirt

Postby so sorry on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Well at least you guys are getting the best seasons. The last few have been subpar, with a gem or two in there. But the first 4 seasons are solid gold.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby TheButcher on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 am

adidas Originals
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Postby so sorry on Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:06 am

Two year deal...that might be perfect. The last few years weren't great, although their were moments of hilarity. Maybe with a solid end date they can concentrate on making some kickass seasons.
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Re: It's Not Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Postby TheButcher on Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Glenn Howerton Was 2nd Choice For Star-Lord In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Perhaps in an alternate reality Chris Pratt would have waited for Jurrasic World to become a household name and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia's Glenn Howerton would have ascended to the next level of fame as Star-Lord in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy.
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: It's Not Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Postby so sorry on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:04 pm

TheButcher wrote:Glenn Howerton Was 2nd Choice For Star-Lord In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Perhaps in an alternate reality Chris Pratt would have waited for Jurrasic World to become a household name and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia's Glenn Howerton would have ascended to the next level of fame as Star-Lord in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy.

:shock: Now that would have been a weird casting...first Day Man, then Star Lord!
so sorry
Deacon Blues

Postby Ribbons on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 pm

I can kind of see it. Although he doesn't do lovable goof as well as Chris Pratt; more like sarcastic date rapist (in Always Sunny)
Ribbons
SQUARE PEG

Postby TheButcher on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Re: The Gang Solves the Donald Trump Situation

Postby TheButcher on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:49 am

Variety:
How ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ Helped Me Understand Donald Trump (Column)
TheButcher
ZONE NEWS DIRECTOR

Previous

Return to Coaxial