MASTERS OF HORROR Season Two News!!

The greatest TV in history is being made right now. The worst TV in history is being made right now.

Postby havocSchultz on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Tonay wrote:The Ghost Train is obviously the scariest ride. Those plastic manaquins with attached speakers scare the hell out of me.

i once got stalked by a plastic mannequin with speakers attached to them... but then one of them came to life and we had a great time discovering each other...
havocSchultz
is full of stars...

Postby Tonay on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:46 pm

Has anyone here seen American Gothic, and is it any good? And is it actually a 'horror' show would you say?

Cos that's the only other horror programme I can think of in recent years. Along with one or two episodes of Buffy and Angel which were a bit creepy (Conversations With Dead People in particular).
Tonay
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

Postby Shane on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:07 pm

Tonay wrote:Has anyone here seen American Gothic, and is it any good? And is it actually a 'horror' show would you say?

Cos that's the only other horror programme I can think of in recent years. Along with one or two episodes of Buffy and Angel which were a bit creepy (Conversations With Dead People in particular).

I loved the movie, but I think there was a series, I have never seen that.
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:13 pm

I also found MoH to be very disappointing. They have 12 (ok 13, but only 12 we got to see) chances to hit a home run, and the best they could manage was a bunch of strikeouts and a few bloop singles. Nevertheless, I'll give season 2 a chance, since any given episode could be brilliant, even if none from the first season were.

For second season directors, i'd love to see Friedkin (since Exorcist is my favourite horror movie), Polanski, or Spielberg (qualified by the intentionally terrifying Jaws, not the unintentionally terrifying The Terminal). I think all of those directors exemplify one of the reasons this show failed so miserably its first season: they all know that what you see isn't ever as scary as what you don't. For all the gore they got to show in the first season, they couldn't make anything as scary as Rosemary's Baby.

Also, I'd like to see it live up to it's name as MASTERS of horror. Carpenter, Argento, those are givens, but no more Mick Garris (a few lame made-for-TV Stephen King miniseries' doesn't make you a master) and definitely no more from the guy who directed fearDOTcom. Besides people like Polanski and Friedkin and Spielberg (all long-shots, I'll grant, but hey, it's a wish list) i'd love to see DePalma, Kubrick (assuming he could be raised from the dead), Romero, Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson, Sam Raimi, and just for kicks, Uwe Boll. That would be a TRUE masters of horror, though granted, Uwe Boll may be hard to get. But the rest seem reasonable, don't they?
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Tonay on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:49 pm

Romero was going to do one but pulled out didn't he?

For what it's worth, you can't fault this show for bringing in the big names. [Note how I say 'big names' as opposed to talent] Although the show was concieved when all the directors were sat together and one of them suggested they all do one hour episodes of an anthology horror tv show. So it was really different to the way shows are normally made (corporate box ticking, pretty much).
Tonay
PRIMITIVE SCREWHEAD

New Masters of Horror Promo

Postby brendonconnelly on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:31 pm

They've cooked up a Hoor game called Bloodshed. Click, play and you might even win a walk on in a season 2 episode. There are other prizes too - but it's the walk on you'd be battling me for.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby brendonconnelly on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 pm

What the hell is a hoor?

Horror. Horror, man. Pull it together.
brendonconnelly
MONKEY BUTLER

Postby TheBaxter on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:57 pm

a whore game? sounds fun
TheBaxter
Carlos Danger

Postby Shane on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:32 pm

It's got camp crystal lake stuff, does this mean jason will be making an appearance?
Shane
AIRWOLF

Postby jgraphix on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:30 pm

I was lucky enough to catch Takashi Miikes "Imprint" over my lunch break (not a great show to watch while eating) and I have to say that it was a doozey...In one of his more coherrant pieces of work, Miike weaves a horrific little tale. I can definitely see why it was banned from the show...with images of aborted babies, brutal torture and a couple of other little surprises, this is the Miike I've come to love. The acting is so-so, but it is the way that the story is unfolded that kept me intrigued. It would have been awesome had showtime unleashed this sick puppy, so that the gen. pop. unknowingly watched it. Hehehe that would have been great. If your a fan of Miike's and haven't been able to check this out...grab this sucker when it hits stores.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
jgraphix
AIRWOLF

Postby John-Locke on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:03 am

Sweet Jeebus, did anyone else watch Dario Argento's latest entry "Pelts" this weekend?

Okay the actual story was one of the worst of the whole series but OMFG the gore was just sickening, man bludgened to death with baseball bat, man sticks his face in a bear trap, man cuts his chest open and removes guts, woman sow's her nose eyes and mouth up to suffocate herself, man removes skin from his whole torso in one vest like piece and woman gets her hand chopped off with blood spraying everywhere.

All I could do was laugh at the absurdity of the whole thing but damn, Greg Nicotero and crew did some good work here, pity the story and acting weren't up to it.
John-Locke
BULLETPROOF TIGER

Previous

Return to Coaxial